[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's always been more flawed than not, but which generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
It's always been more flawed than not, but which generation did you feel had the best/most enjoyable metagame overall?
>>
>>26319727
>weather wars the meta
>>
>>26319727
She had one fucking job, be a black void with eyes and a mouth. Dafuq is that purple?!
>>
4th gen

No weather wars, no bullshit megas
>>
>>26319727
Hey senpai, giveaway time! >>26319716
>>
>>26319727
>4th Gen, after the Platinum Hypnosis fix.

>Weather was still powerful, but difficult to reliably implement.

>Power creep was not yet significant.

>Few pokemon were entirely outclassed by another. Most had some form of unique niche.

>Physical/Special split made a bunch of old mon's good again for the first time.

>No bullshit Hidden Abilities or Megas. No bullshit abilities, really.

>No tier had an over dominance of any one pokemon due to bullshit abilities statbricks. Closest thing was Garchomp in OU and Kyogre in Ubers.

>Tiers (barring the bottom-most shitmons) were still close enough that you could bring stuff from lower tiers and it could reasonably contribute.

>Ubers, while admittedly more balanced in Gen 5, were still at their second-best over the entire series.

>Less spammy metagame than either what came before or the nightmare that would come after.
>Dark Void spam still at large.
>>
>>26319750

>black jynx cosplay.
>at a large gathering of people.

Not defending the jynx censorship but some people don't really want risk getting beat to the inch of their life by idiots who try their hardest to get offended.
>>
>>26319727

Gen 3 and Gen 4 > Everything else was shit.
>>
>>26319750
>Dafuq is that purple?!
The color of "I don't want to be murdered."
>>
Gen 4 after the chomp and mence ban was pretty balanced.
>>
>>26319727

Gen 1: Broken mechanics, really janky and unfun meta
Gen 2: Stall, I can appreciate that the meta actually takes skill and patience at the highest levels like SPL and WCOP but it's not my idea of fun
Gen 3: Pretty ok, not my favourite
Gen 4: My favourite meta and in my opinion the one that is most fun, Physical/Special split is introduced here as well
Gen 5: Not that fun
Gen 6: My second favourite, weather nerf, fairies and mega evos are welcome improvements
>>
4th gen and pre-ORAS 6th gen.
>>
>>26319727
5th gen for being hilariously broken
>>
It's hard to choose between IV and VI.
>>
>>26319727
Flat
>>
>>26319750
normies got mad because jynx looked just like blackface, so purple was the safest color they could move to. same deal with mr. popo.

>>26319727
i think gen 5 had the best ubers and gen 4 had the best OU
>>
File: cosy.jpg (56 KB, 366x389) Image search: [Google]
cosy.jpg
56 KB, 366x389
>>26319727
Gen IV before they banned Salamence
Gen VI VGC with Kalosdex only
>>
>>26319846

>4th gen
>That train wreck meta game that eventually ended up with garchomp in ubers
>Skarm/Bliss everywhere
>Same cut+paste taunt/rocks+sash lead every time

I would rather have weather wars tbqh senpai.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.