[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>rowlet will NEVER replace its secondary type and become Grass/Ground
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
File: western-burrowing-owl.jpg (105 KB, 736x460) Image search: [Google]
western-burrowing-owl.jpg
105 KB, 736x460
>rowlet will NEVER replace its secondary type and become Grass/Ground
>what is Steelix
>what is Scizor
>what is Tyranitar
>what is Gallade
>what is Masquerain
>what is Ninjask
>what is Shedinja
>what is Marill
>what is Drapion
>what is Skrelp
>>
People on here are just retarded and think GF has to conform to whatever restrained logic they use to come up with starter types.
There's literally no reason a starter can't lose a type, but because it hasn't happened before people lose their shit when the idea is suggested. It's almost disgusting.
>>
>>26319123
Fucked up, Marill loses it's primary type (Normal -> Water), Altaria and Fletchinder do this.

Still completely different from the primary type being pushed into the secondary position.

>>26319156
there's no precedent for any pokemon, least of all starters, having their primary type pushed to secondary (at least none that I can find, feel free to correct me) so I don't see why they are so fast to dispel Grass/Ground but accept Ground/Fire.
>>
>>26319201
>Ground/Fire
Are you retarded? No ones saying that. They're saying Fire/Ground.
>>
>>26319123
None of the other Pokémon you listed are starters. Starters in the past have NEVER had their secondary type replaced with another.
>>
But it's a bird
>>
>>26319447
>Ground icon is clearly numbered before Fire icon
>r u retarded haaha 3/4??? we r getting 4/3!!!! surely never 1/3 !!!
come back when you posses basic logical skills

>>26319471
explain to me why Ground is before Fire and I will give this to you
>>
Why would those type icons even be asociated with the starters? Have they ever revealed final stages before the game's release before?
>>
But what if Rowlet stays Grass/Flying, but has a Mega that is Grass/Ground?
>>
>>26319530
lot's of website makers are idiotic fucks and will put most of the assets in a webpage for future utilization

sure it makes it easier for later but all we have to do is look into the source code to see all their deep dark secrets
>>
>>26319565
Yeah but why would the icons be associated with the starters and not some other thing they're revealing later
>>
>>26319556
Maybe it's just me, but I'd be a little annoyed if these New starters automatically got megas their same gen, but the other starters still haven't>>26319556
>>
>>26319556

>All three SuMo starters have Megas right off the bat.
>>
>>26319588

What if this Gen gives Megas to all the starters that don't already have them?
>>
>>26319584
Because they're in order pertinent to the starters.

Grass, then Flying --> Rowlet
there's Ground right after
Fire
Water, then Fighting right after

it's not like it goes Grass, Fire, Water, Flying, Ground, Fighting
>>
>>26319584
then it would make sense to upload these types later on, rather than in between the starters typings. If they were gonna do it this way, why not upload all icons?

instead the uploaded two unused types and people were able to see the discrepancy between the icon image links and find them.
>>
>>26319627
this

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon01.png

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon02.png

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon03.png

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon04.png

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon05.png

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon06.png

At
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon07.png

there are no longer any uploads
>>
File: Snowy_Owl_-_Schnee-Eule.jpg (308 KB, 532x750) Image search: [Google]
Snowy_Owl_-_Schnee-Eule.jpg
308 KB, 532x750
>>26319123
I wish he became Grass/Ice so he gets even more weaknesses and I can enjoy my starter without smogonfags touching it.
>>
>>26319522
I just pointed out that you were being retarded by claiming people are saying something that no one is saying. Then you went and gave me a reply that confirmed that you are in fact retarded.
>>
File: 1377578068688.jpg (47 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
1377578068688.jpg
47 KB, 500x476
>>26319123

>what is Masquerain

DELETE THIS!
>>
>>26319123
>what is Masquerain

A mistake.
>>
>>26319123
Because you could have predicted all these whithout knowing?

You never know when they will pull a wild card typewise (all the stuff you mentioned) or designwise (summurott, octileri, ninjask).

We'll see.
>>
>>26322374
I really don't understand what you are trying to say. I am making a logical assumption based on the ordering of icon uploads and offering a precedent for this type of thing seen in other pokemon.

I don't know what point you are trying to get across.
>>
>>26319123
I don't know what's with you fags thinking Rowlet will become an Grass/Ground owlbear, but just stop

You are now following the footsteps of "Litleo will evolve into a Manticore!", and "Spritzee will evolve into a plage doctor!". There is absolutely nothing to indicate Rowlet will go that way, and you're just setting yourselves up for dissapointment, and then I'll be on /vp/ suffering your constant bitching because GF didn't cater to your unrealistic expectations

Stop, please, for all of us
>>
>>26319123
Wait witch generations are those guys starters again?
Because I can't remember
>>
>>26319123
>special evolution
>special evolution
>showing off the new type
>special evolution
>the biggest mistake
>the animal that they are based on lives most of the time on the ground and then they get out of the to fuck some bitches and die so it makes sense turning into flying and losing the ground type(and I don't think that there is owls that lives most of the time in the ground)
>special evolution
>not even game freak knows why they made it normal
>I give you that one
>and this one

But that will never happen since there's no starter who lose they type to get other one
>>
>>26322382
He's trying to say that the other examples were able to be predicted based on predictions or didn't seem like such a weird change from an earlier form. For example Larvitar becoming Dark type when it becomes tyranitar isn't that strange if you think about it. But a bird pokemon that specifically mentions the fact that it's a silent flier which would imply it can fly quite well, it wouldn't make sense for it to lose that flying type.
This is ignoring those icons because nobody knows how they were assigned their place, but we shouldn't draw conclusions just yet untill we see Rowlet's next evolution.
>>
I believe that it won't switch types but not that it can't. If the most obvious interpretation of the type things on the website is to be then I'm wrong about it and that's ok.
>>
>>26319123
>what is Gallade
A pokemon that came out before it's prevos had a secondary type to be replaced.
>>
File: 389Torterra.png (1 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
389Torterra.png
1 MB, 1280x1280
>>26319123
>Grass/Ground

?
>>
>>26319627
Why would they upload these icons now if they were for the evolutions? You must be out of your mind if you think the evolutions will be added to the site any time soon.
Not to mention the addresses not being tied to the starters at all.

Ground and Fighting are likely for soon to be revealed mons, or just uploaded during testing.
>>
>>26324893
Owls can fly silently because they have special feathers, so that doesn't really prove Rowlet is a good flier. I wouldn't be surprised if those unused icons are just placeholders for other pokemon, not the starters. It's bit earlier for the starter evos.
>>
>>26319123
The thing about that is that has never happened before, because every starter is usually pure typed. The only exception is Bulbasaur, but it remains Grass/Poison all the way through it's line. So with that, it's unlikely Rowlet may be anything else. That being said, though, the possibility does exist, especially since GameFreak likes to break patterns.
>>
>>26319675
>It gets an unique hidden ability that invert its resistances and weaknesses
>>
>>26319591
>SuMo
Fuck off back to r.ed.di.t.
>>
>>26319627
What is the ordering of types when sorting alphabetically in nip?
>>
>>26319471
>1996+20
>still thinking "muh patterns" is a valid argument
>>
>>26325675
fighting, grass, ground, flying, fire, water
>>
>>26319123
I want to see rowlet evolve into a terror bird, an owly terror bird with a classy tie.
>>
>>26319123
If it's a burrowing owl it could be ground/flying
>>
>>26319675
>people I irrationally hate use something so I'm not allowed to like it anymore

end this meme
>>
There isnt a single reason for Rowlet to be Ground so shut up already

even if it did turn out to be ground, it wouldn't get Earthquake because birds dont GET Earthquake
>>
>>26319123
If Rowlet becomes a burrowing owl I might just pick it over Popplio, my current favorite. I loved Torterra because of it's really fun and unique typing, so I'm excited.
>>
>>26319123
It would be odd if it changes because then it has no reason to an owl.
The animal it's based on should be reflected in it's typing, taking away the flying type would be stupid.
>>
>>26319123
Come back when you have a BIRD that looses its FLYING typing. Fucking moron.
>>
>>26328062
Lugia, Ho-Oh and Altaria say hi.
>>
>>26319123
Rowlet secondary type is grass, though.
>>
>>26327981
Burrowing owls exist anon
>>
>>26328134
>lugia and ho oh
unless I'm missing something both of these are still flying type
altaria is valid, but that's also a mega rather than a new pokemon entirely
>>
>>26319123
It'll become grass/steel. Mark my words.
>>
>>26319530
Charizard loses his secondary typing when he mega evolves. It may not be the same thing but it's but proof gamefreak can do whatever the fuck they want regardless of your opinion.
>>
>>26319123

>everyone btiching about muh 4x ice weakness
>grass/ground would still have that weakness, and only one less overall, and less resistances

Why do people even want this so desperately?
>>
Why the fuck would an owl be ground type.
>>
>>26328338
and the reason why you think that is...?
>>
>>26319522
>Ground icon is clearly numbered before Fire icon
>r u retarded haaha 3/4??? we r getting 4/3!!!! surely never 1/3 !!!
come back when you posses basic logical skills

What the fuck are you even trying to say
>>
>>26325543
Wasn't Blaziken revealed relatively early in the lead-up to RS? They can reveal the full starter evolutions whenever they want. They probably won't do it soon, sure, but they could.
>>
>>26319471
This is the first starter since Bulbasaur to start with a secondary type. It would have been stupid for a starter to gain a secondary type in the middle stage only to swap it out in the next.
>>
>>26319471
>Mega Charizard X
>>
>>26330849
>being this stupid
>>
>>26319123
Dat ass
>>
>>26330768
>western-burrowing-owl.jpg
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.