[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ayy bugbros. What kinds of crawlies are you looking forward to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 15
Ayy bugbros. What kinds of crawlies are you looking forward to seeing in SuMo?
>>
i'd like to see a moth pokemon.
>>
Maybe a well done grasshopper.
>>
>>26315999
I feel like this might be a generic answer, but I'd like to see a mosquito or cockroach 'mon.
>>
>>26315999
>reasonable:
An early three-stager that isn't just a butterfly
A split evo that isn't terrible

>less likely
Single-stager that I won't forget halfway through the game
Actually decent mid-late game bug

>won't happen
Something new and interesting
Evos for old bugs

>I cry myself to sleep at night
Fast special attacker Bug/Ice psuedolegendary
>>
>>26316753
>Fast special attacker Bug/Ice psuedolegendary
Are you the "gib lunar-counterpart to volcarona" anon?

OT: I don't like bugs that much but seeing what the regional 3-stager metamorphic bug's concept and unique selling point is always interesting, so maybe that
>>
>What I want:

A large assortment of interesting and varied new bug types on par or approaching parity with Gen V's fantastic offerings.

>What I'm expecting:

Another Bug/Flying Moth or Butterfly, and that's it, much like Gen VI.
>>
>>26315999
>Bug/Water diving bell spider
>Bug/Dark cockroach
>Bug/Fairy Luna Moth, counterpart of Volcarona
Or
>Bug/Fairy Orchid Mantis, could be split evo of Scyther/Scizor

Gen 6 was disappointing for bugs after Gen 5 was so good to them.
>>
>>26316781
No, is that a guy?
I had merely noticed that a bug/ice special sweeper would have been decent in the metagame I had conceived it in. This was several months ago, however.
>>
any new bug dual

bug/psychic, fairy or dark sil vous plait
or a bug/water that isnt garbo
>>
File: beetle.jpg (187 KB, 1090x726) Image search: [Google]
beetle.jpg
187 KB, 1090x726
>>26317448
For bug/psychic

>Sulcophanaeus imperator
>>
a decent Bug/Water
>>
A Bug/Grass type that isn't PU.
>>
>>26316942
>Gen 6 only has three bugs and they're all in only one line

Holy shit, I hadnt realized.
>>
>>26315999
>geek
>ayy
>sumo

I can't wait for reddit to leave.
>>
>>26315999
Another mecha looking one, Scizor is not enough.
>>
>>26315999
>I want:
a Bug/Dragon beetle, preferably one of the larger ones with horns
a Bug/Water Pokemon, don't care what
a Bug/Dark tarantula
>>
>>26317562
But Gen 7 only has like 60 mons
>>
File: 53974664_p0.png (310 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
53974664_p0.png
310 KB, 1200x1200
>>26317606
>Bug/Water pokemon
But anon, we have Surskit and the evolution which changed to the fucking generic bug/flying again fucking hell
>>
>>26317676
>but anon, we already have

No.
Stop that.
>>
>>26317621
I think you mean Gen 6 and its still shitty.
>>
>>26317732
My bad, and you're right on that regard. It's kinda lame that the only bug we got was a shitty gimmick
>>
File: Bluebotte-fly.jpg (72 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Bluebotte-fly.jpg
72 KB, 800x600
>>26315999
>>
what kind of feasible bug pokemon could they make to help monobug fight talonshit?

I just use max defense/HP impish crustle which can almost always beat talonflame, but it has so much investment into defense, it isn't very useful otherwise besides toxic or setting stealth rocks, and is kind of dead weight once I beat talonflame, or if they don't have talonflame?
>>
>>26317924
Crustle seems pretty interesting. What set do you have on him?
>>
>>26317760
Hey, it might be the only bug but Vivillon is much more than a shitty gimmick. It completely averted many of the faults of the three stage cocoon bug and had an excellent movepool and an ability to abuse it.
>>
Mosquito when
>>
>>26317995

I kind of just have it solely as a talonflame counter. At the bulk I described crustle can survive three hits meaning you don't have to sack someone to get crustle in. As soon as I switch crustle in I use stealth rock so that if talonflame switches out I can kill it by just forcing it out. Otherwise I have rocky helmet on crustle, so between rocky helmet and recoil, talonflame should go below 50% anyways. Then I'll finish it off with rockslide if it stays in. I've been toying with the rest of the moveset though. Toxic just so it can do damage to other physical attackers, and the last move I'll experiment with knock off or some other attacking move, but unfortunately it's attack makes the last slot not very useful unless there's something I haven't considered
>>
>>26318174

And I should note that it's important that crustle be able to survive three max attack choice band brave birds because otherwise if you die after two hits, you won't be able to switch in, so if talonflame switches out, it can kill you on the next time you try to switch in on talonflame
>>
>Be Bugbro
>Get subpar pokemon every gen after Johto
>Each new game pray that GF will rewarded you for your patience and faith and save you from the twin evils of fire and flying.
>Meanwhile GF sucks off Firefags gen after gen and gives them quality mons.
>Gen 6 the great satan of bugbros, Charizard gets a Fire/Flying powerboost with Y mega
>The Dragon also gets his Antichrist apprentice in Talonflame.
>To be a bugbro is suffering.
>>
>>26317924
What does mono-Grass use to deal with Talonflame?
Mega Galvantula with +20 base Speed might help. A Shuckle evo with extant HP and Attack would also help.
>>
>>26318174
>>26318187
So max HP/Def, Impish Nature, Shell Armor(I assume as you say it's supposed to survive multiple hits anyway), Rocky Helmet.
-Stealth Rock
-Rock Slide
-Toxic
-[Whatever]

Honestly, the idea here being that it doesnt attack much makes me think of just putting Rest on the last slot.
>>
>>26318278

Mono grass's best bet is a defensive tangrowth. Tangrowth can tank a hit and kill with rockslide. Not exactly the best option though because I don't think tangrowth can really tank two brave birds (maybe it can) so it has a hard time switching in, meaning you have to sack someone else, rock slide can miss, and a smart talonflame will just use a super effective u turn out of there. Best bet is to make sure stealth rocks are up ASAP and hopefully kill it through forced switches

Unless Galvantula gets a ton of defense as well, it still won't be able to tank a brave bird. Crustle could be interesting though as it's the only other bug type that can survive three brave birds, crustle just can't do much in return
>>
>>26318269

gen 4 was the best for bug bros. Sure in terms of new pokemon we only got yanmega, but bugs really benefited from stealth rocks, x scizzor, bug buzz, u turn, and technician scizor. Well I can't remember for sure if that was all gen 4, but I feel like it was.

Then gen 5 was pretty good with volcarona and galvantula. Lots of other great bugs but none of the rest were really OU material
>>
>>26318307

Yeah, I considered rest, I just didn't want it to be dead weight were the opponent to start boosting. Hopefully toxic and rocky helmet could help with that.

I also considered counter to kind of make it an answer to physical threats in general, but in the time I've had to practice with it (which isn't much) I didn't really find time to use counter
>>
>>26315999
Bug pseudo
>>
>>26318269

You got 3 megas.

And honestly, fire types have had it worse. Only reason fire type is relevant is because of starters. Minus starters, fire type is pretty shitty.

Gen 5 you got Scolipede, Galvantula, and Volcarona. I don't believe that you even use bug types. Get out fake bugbro, only true bugbros can accept the glory of bug type.
>>
>>26318438

admittedly scolipede wasn't really that great until gen 6
>>
File: luna moth.jpg (117 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
luna moth.jpg
117 KB, 500x500
>>26316781

>Are you the "gib lunar-counterpart to volcarona" anon?

Reporting for duty.

Bug/Water, Bug/Fairy, Bug/Ice, etc as long as it's new or extremely rare, then GIB. We need more powerful bugs.
>>
>>26318420
Looking at its moveset, its making me want to try a Rock Wrecker Crustle. Most of the damage its gonna do will be coming from Stealth Rocks, Rocky Helmet, and Toxic anyway. Best try to hit hard when you do decide to actually attack.

I'd go with Stone Miss at the very least.
>>
File: golden tortoise beetle.jpg (22 KB, 320x252) Image search: [Google]
golden tortoise beetle.jpg
22 KB, 320x252
Swiggity swag.
>>
>>26317546
>>26317676

>tfw no Masquerain evolution/mega that gives it back its bug/water typing
>>
File: bug.jpg (836 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
bug.jpg
836 KB, 1000x1000
>>
File: mothmon.png (1 MB, 1300x784) Image search: [Google]
mothmon.png
1 MB, 1300x784
>>26315999
This lil nig
>>
>general hope
gen5 tier bugservice

>general fear
gen6 tier bugservice

>specific hope
Bug legendaries or pseudo that isnt shit
New species based bugs (fly, mosquito, flea etc...)
Some new combinations with bug (bug/dark, bug/fairy, bug/dragon, bug/water and bug/ghost that arent gimmicky or just starter forms)

>specific fears
only having regional bugs
more moths or butterflies
the bugs just use the most overused types (bug/flying, bug/poison, bug/grass and yes, even if it's great competitively speaking, bug/steel)
>>
File: 1463197819454-2.jpg (453 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1463197819454-2.jpg
453 KB, 1000x750
>>26320114
>that bugsy

reminder to READ YOUR FUCKING LOOMIS AND USE GESTURE LINES/THE BEAN/FUCKING ANYTHING

JESUS
>>
>>26315999
>Accelgor
>Ninjask
Excellent taste in bugs.
>>
I wanna see a dung beetle that carries a sort of energy storage cocoon and evolves into an atlas moth.
>>
File: pond-insects.jpg (74 KB, 479x400) Image search: [Google]
pond-insects.jpg
74 KB, 479x400
Any strong Water/bug
>>
>>26315999
Another mega heracross.

>>26316615
Nice
>>
Preaching to the choir here, there really should have been a roach Pokemon by now.

It's probably the most notorious bug in existence, and a Bug/Dark typing would be awesome.
>>
>>26320648
That's not a House Fly
>>
>>26320720
If you lived in a New Orleans ghetto like I do, a cockroack IS the House Fly.
>>
>>26315999
I've posted this in a couple of threads before, it's kinda edgy but it's gotten good feedback. Also when you consider that Giratina is literally Satan it's really not that edgy.

It's a set of legendaries based on the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse crossed with pest insects.

Famine
Bug/Ground Locust

Pestilince
Bug/Poison Mosquito

War
Bug/Fighting Cockroach

Death
Bug/Dark Fly

I know the original story is Conquest, not Pestilence, but I think Pestilence works better from a thematic standpoint for Pokemon designs.
>>
>12 years ago
>Played with hundreds of insects as a child
>Let them have fights in a glas bowle arena
>Red ants were my gladiator homies
>Spiders were my lions
>Catched dozens of grass hoppers and butterflies
>Now
>Study biology
>In weekly classes we cut cockroaches and other shit open and compare and draw what we see
>Suddenly disgusted by every insect I see

T-thanks
>>
>>26320738
This leans a little too far into Gen V "Genie & deer" territory, but a batch of bug legendaries is something I can fuck with.
>>
What is up with /vp/'s obsession of cockroaches as of late?

Every "new Pokemon ideas" thread and roaches are one of the most requested.
>>
I want a better rock/bug pokemon, preferably a fossil pokemon based on extinct giant insects.
>>
File: 800px-Lethocerus_americanus.jpg (106 KB, 800x616) Image search: [Google]
800px-Lethocerus_americanus.jpg
106 KB, 800x616
>>26320638

>Belostomids are aggressive predators which stalk, capture, and feed on aquatic invertebrates, snails, crustaceans, fish, and amphibians. The largest species have also been found to capture and feed on baby turtles and water snakes.
>>
>>26315999
more than one bug would be nice. vivillon line is fun but c'mon GF

honestly, bug has the highest concentration of god tier mons already, so its okay if they give other types some love. Gen V was the Bug and Fighting gen, how about gen VII is the Ice and Fire gen. those types need some love.
>>
>>26321086
>baby turtles
Dear heavens why
>>
File: _52940746_imgp3023.jpg (59 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
_52940746_imgp3023.jpg
59 KB, 624x351
>>26321541

BECAUSE
>>
>>26315999
>bug/fairy
>bug/dark
Holy fuck please GF

Also yfw Lunaala is part bug
>>
Weevils, grasshoppers(unlikely for an island theme), jumping spiders, and assassin bugs. One thing I'd really like to see are Carrion and Bombardier Beetles.
>>
>>26316664
>Hawaii Setting
>Zika Virus
>Insect/Poison Confirmed
>>
Gen 5 levels of bug.
>>
File: 1450241816366.gif (498 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
1450241816366.gif
498 KB, 500x330
>>26320738
>Famine-Cockroach
>Pestilence-Mosquito
>War-Bombadier Beetle
>Death-Carrion Beetle
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.