[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got bored with playing my Pokemon X so I want to mess with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: H2gFh.png (101 KB, 630x400) Image search: [Google]
H2gFh.png
101 KB, 630x400
I got bored with playing my Pokemon X so I want to mess with the save file and fuck around a bit with generated pokemon and stuff like that. My pokemon is on a regular cart that I play on my good 3DS. Then there's my bad 3DS which is softmodded (so I have no Gateway or other devices) and runs rxtools and emunand. I've downloaded a .cia of Pokemon X and now I'm trying to inject a save that I downloaded off the internets. The save is in .sav format. I've been fucking around for at least 2 hours but I can't seem to find any way to load this save into the game installed in emunand. I also made a backup of my cart save but I can't load that one either on the emunand installed game. Of course I don't want to lose my main save on the legit cart so I'm not doing anything that involves writing to the legit cart.

So this is my question, how the fuck do you load the .sav file or any type of save file from the internet into the game installed in emunand? All I need is to load some kind of save to the emunand game so I don't have to start the game from the beginning to start messing with stuff.
>>
>>26315485
Do you have JK's save manager? Google it and install via Dev Manager so you have it on your Home screen. Go into your Pokemon X, export a save of it via the save manager, and replace that save on your computer with the .sav file. Then import that and you should be good to go.
>>
>>26315620
I already tried, JK saves a file called "main" with no extension into its own folder. I can't find any way to make it load and inject a .sav file, unless I'm doing something extremely wrong.
>>
>>26315670
As long as you can load it in Pkhex, the .sav file should be good. Have you renamed the file to main and then done it?

Alternatively, load the .sav file in Pkhex, then export it to main as an overwrite, keeping main as the name.

It should work. I store my saves all the time on my computer and just restore it whenever.
>>
Main IS the sav file you idiot. Its a miracle you haven't bricked your 3ds yet
also dont update to 11.0 cause you sure as shit wont be able to fix it back once you fuck it up
>>
>>26315792
The sav I downloaded can't be opened in pkhex, says it's encrypted. I thought this was normal. So you say the sav should be editable in pkhex?

I got the sav file from here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-x-y-flashcard-community-saves.364150/

Also yes, I renamed the sav file to main and moved it back there, loaded it into the rom, and it said the save was corrupted once I loaded the game.

I'm not sure why this is so fucking difficult for me, softmodding the 3ds was a breeze compared to this.
>>
>>26315898
Just export your own save file (as main) and edit it yourself in Pkhex. Using anothers sav file can potentially problems due to version updates and whatnot. By using your own save and editing it you can avoid this
>>
>>26315898
I'm looking at the thread now and it looks like you need to run a script or something to access it. Seems troublesome. Not sure if you read the thread/tried it already.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/announcing-gateway-2-0-%E2%80%9Comega%E2%80%9D-private-beta.363892/page-29#post-4953653
>>
>>26315965
I'm using "anothers" file because I have two 3dsses and one is a legit cart, the other one where I want to mess around is the pirated cia file... I just can't get the pirated cia to either recognize a downloaded sav or my "main" file exported with JKsv

>>26316028
I don't think this interests me because I don't have a flascart. So is messing with the Y/X saves impossible if you don't have a flashcart?
>>
>>26316063
You don't need a pirated cia or a flashcart to edit sav files with pkhex. Just export the sav directly from your save manager. Do not rename it, just open it in pkhex. Inject it back into the game when youre done.
>>
>>26316063
If it's only the pirated CIA file that doesn't work, it's likely just a problem with that CIA.

At the same time, I wouldn't mess with random .sav files. Why not just get the .ekx files or the wonder card files for the event Pokemon you're interested in? That's how I have it and it's much simpler so you can enter them in any game.
>>
File: dsasadsdadsa.png (5 KB, 354x228) Image search: [Google]
dsasadsdadsa.png
5 KB, 354x228
Oh man, what's wrong with this cunt now? I can't get this to load my save file no matter what.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.