[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post everything that could go wrong with Sun and Moon on release
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 463x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 463x432
Post everything that could go wrong with Sun and Moon on release

>under one hundred new Pokemon, and a decent chunk of them are trade evos
>>
File: Manticore Monster Girl.jpg (101 KB, 736x878) Image search: [Google]
Manticore Monster Girl.jpg
101 KB, 736x878
>>26307208
We have Battle Maison for post-game yet again.
The third member of the Legendary trio isn't a Poison Type scorpion.
More things that don't need buffs get buffs, while things that do don't.
Litten becomes Fire-Fighting.
>>
Litten stands up.
>>
>>26307208
Low new Pokemon count is already pretty much guaranteed considering how succesful Megas were for them and that they're bringing a lot of old Pokemon back (which suggests even more Megas)
>>
>>26307208
>more than 50 pokemon
>megas are still a thing
>injecting still possible
>SM turns out to be X2/Y2
>amibos
>magiana still sucks
>>
>>26307276
You were supposed to post things that could go wrong with Sun and Moon anon
>>
File: 1460866929567.gif (950 KB, 230x244) Image search: [Google]
1460866929567.gif
950 KB, 230x244
>>26307286
>mfw no matter what GF does some people will hate it and some people will love it
>>
>>26307276
Except for the mega part, you're the complete OPPOSITE of right.
>>
File: xjlmv0erxx8o6rpyzjpw-1.png (515 KB, 640x451) Image search: [Google]
xjlmv0erxx8o6rpyzjpw-1.png
515 KB, 640x451
I took that message as a hint that they couldn't complete the Frontier in time and had to move it to the next game. If there's no Frontier in S&M then I'm looking at the worst insult I've ever seen.
>>
>>26307408
They said in an interview that they left it out because their audience isn't interested in postgame and don't have time.
>>
>>26307432
And they lied about getting rid of character customization.
>>
>the fanbase
>>
BIG MOUNTAIN
>>
>>26307208
>pokemon bank usable since release and injecting still possible (this would pretty much make playing online useless)
>no difficulty options
>exp share given to you early in the game
>no battle frontier
>plot still about mega evolution
>generic le evil team wants le legendary plot
>ridiculous amount of frame drops
>>
>>26307501
Shit son, I want the evil team to go full team Magma and make the local krakatoa erupt.
>inb4 Eternal Dusk / Eternal Dawn because I only like daytime pokemon or something
>>
Litten becomes bipedal furbait or a fucking Emboar clone.
More relentless and shameless pandering to gen 1
More than one starter
"Friends" who follow you around everywhere and interrupt your game with unskippable 10 minute sessions of WORDS.

Seriously replaying gen 1 made me realise just how simple it is to make Pokemon good. If they want to make a tribute to gen 1 they can just let us figure out what to do ourselves.
After you leave Rock Tunnel in gen 1 you are pretty much free to complete the rest of the game in whatever order you want, they need that again.
>>
>the game perfect but WW3 starts the day it comes out
>>
>>26307466
COMMUNISTS
>>
>>26307208
Have to download a patch on day 1 in order to play the game, but the servers are flooded with people trying to download the patch so you can't play for a week
>>
>>26307208
I'm assuming that we're getting between 90 and a hundred Mons. And I'd be OK with that as long as they don't flood the pokedex with older stuff to compensate. 70 new Mons in a 450 Dex is retarded.
>>
File: 1415040061084.jpg (90 KB, 458x990) Image search: [Google]
1415040061084.jpg
90 KB, 458x990
>>26307548
I want to see both of those come into play.
>team Sun & Moon want eternal day and eternal night respectively
>Team Sun obsesses over "the light of justice"
>Team Moon believes in the "comfort of darkness"
>they awaken their respective legendary and it turns out "surprise surprise, eternal anything is fucking terrible"

>postgame there's a third team who wants to appease a volcano god pokemon by letting it blow up Alola
>get a fun little Episode Delta-esque story
>once you battle and catch the volcano god pokemon, you go deeper into the volcano
>inside the volcano is a pissed off Mega Heatran

It could be awesome. But nope. Instead we're just going to get a bunch of assholes who want to destroy the world and make a new one.
>>
File: Don't be a piece of shit.png (54 KB, 169x554) Image search: [Google]
Don't be a piece of shit.png
54 KB, 169x554
>The worst of Gen 1 decides to rear it's ugly head once again
>Looking at you Seel and Mr Mime
>They remove super training
>The majority of new pokemon are trade evos
>Third legendary is underwhelming a la Zygarde
>Gym leaders aren't at least somewhat competent and memorable
>E4 are completely forgettable
>Champ is literally just Diantha again
>They decide to nerf special even more, because why not.
>A new type is introduced, and this one is super effective against ice
>Ice does not gain a resistance to water, ground or dragon, and an immunity to fairy.
>Rowlet's evolutions become worthless like Meganium
>Level curve is broken like Gen 2 and it's remakes was
>YOU REVISIT ANOTHER REGION AND IT'S MINITUARISED WITH ALL THE INTERESTING LOCATIONS REMOVED
>Exp share can't be turned off
>Megas don't exist anymore, Altaria now back to being mildly useless
>Bird pokemon is like either like the fletchinder or pidove line, and not in that sweet spot where Pelipper and Staraptor are.
>Starting routes contain no interesting pokemon
>A serious deficiency of a certain type of pokemon, like grass or water.
>No postgame whatsoever this time
>HI GUYS IT'S TEAM FLARE YOU JUST LOVE US RIGHT, AREN'T ETHNIC CLEANSING FASHIONISTAS THE BEST
>Huge regional dex of 300 pokemon that consists of 20 new pokemon
>Rivals are literally jokes again. Give them a full team and make them cling to your elbows if you must, but at least make them somewhat competent battlers like every other gen.
>Areas that you look forward to, such as snowy or desert areas, have somehow been removed of all of their charm.
>Castform still doesn't get a shadow sky or desert forme
>Super cool pokemon hidden in one end game location. I don't just mean one, but like 10 of them.
>Seriously GS, what the fuck.
>Still no in game items to catch event pokemon like Platinum
>EXCLUSIVE MUSIC REMIXED FROM THE XY SOUNDTRACK
>The music is boring. I shouldn't really mention it, but XY happened so...
>There's no lesser trio to hunt.
>>
>>26307208
How can anything not go wrong? Why do you keep expecting a different game?
>>
>>26307208
>game-ruining bug within the first two gyms
>they lose the entire codebase and can't patch it for a few months
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 800x698) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 800x698
>50 new pokemon
>73 more megas
>>
>>26308477
>Super cool pokemon hidden in one end game location. I don't just mean one, but like 10 of them.
>Seriously GS, what the fuck.
I always figured the intent was to present the Johto mons as newly discovered and rare. The concept probably wasn't too well received so later gens handed their Pokémon out like candy instead, or in the case of BW1, forced them down our throats.
>Still no in game items to catch event pokemon like Platinum
This. I hate these instant gratification events. They should have at least let us catch Diancie like Victini in BW1.
>>
It turns out like X/Y instead of B/W.
>>
The big one
>The island from the trailer is the entire region
>Only one island to explore
>>
>>26307208
>postgame is fucking nothing or reduced to a small storyline with no challenge, a megastone fetchfest and only one battle facility
>game is even more casualized, Gym Leaders have 2 Pokémon tops, E4 have 3 Pokémon tops and Champion has 5, Strong pokes are given to you for free, game holds your hand at every occasion
>once again, only "important" battles have opponents using mega evolutions
>game streamlined harder than Unova and Kalos put together, almost zero places you can explore that are not story related
>Legendaries are easy as shit to capture, no complex caves to get to them, only a small room or subquests that unlock them for being captured
>exp share from the get-go, always on
Did I forget anything
>>
>>26309586
And no subquests*
>>
>>26308477
>Third legendary is underwhelming a la Zygarde
There is nothing wrong with that as long as they do something interesting with it afterwards. Kyurem was also weak and underwhelming before it got the new forms.
>XY soundtrack
It was good you fucking pleb
>>
>>26309435
see >>26307286
>>
>>26307432
>their audience isnt interested in postgame and dont have time
are you fucking kidding me? i mean thats one of the reasons why xy and oras sucked right? virtually no postgame.
>>
>>26309945
He's saying that they had no postgame because kids and casuals don't care

I'm sorry anon, Battle Frontier is kill
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.