[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /vp/, now that we're heading towards Gen 7, let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: 2014+36_Friends_Cast_Poker(1).jpg (272 KB, 1600x1108) Image search: [Google]
2014+36_Friends_Cast_Poker(1).jpg
272 KB, 1600x1108
So /vp/, now that we're heading towards Gen 7, let's take some time to remember the good times of Gen 6.

Tell us what are your fondest memories of last Gen.
>>
>>26306420
That it's over
>>
>>
>>26306420
It'll be remembered like DP
A practice gen in preparation for BW/SM
>>
>>26306420
To be honest, I was truly excited that day on May, two years ago, when ORAS were announced. I felt like a parent must felt when they learn after years of trying, they are finally pregnant. But then I realized ORAS ended up like a child that was deaf, blind, and mentally disabled. I didn't ask for this god.
>>
>>26306420
Had some really good 'Mons and waifus.
Calem and Serena CYOA is great.
Yeah.
>>
>>26306609
Holy shit I felt the exact same way.
I won't say ORAS were straight up shit but what a disappointment
>>
>>26306420
Gen V got me into Pokemon more than every other generation did. I was 18, and learning about EV training and breeding all kinds of shit.
Then Gen VI came along and killed my love of Pokemon and I haven't played for over a year. Maybe Gen VII will bring redemption and not 5 new Pokemon and 36 new megashits.
>>
>>26306420
I liked the pokemon.

That's it though.
>>
>>26306420
>Tell us what are your fondest memories of last Gen.
When the new trailer for SM was released.
>>
>>26306676
only 50 new pokemon
megas are only gen VI
yellow trucks

confirmed
>>
>>26306694
I know you're probably joking but has there been any official info re: new pokemon and megas?
>>
>>26306742
nah

I wish though.
>>
>>26306578
(You)
>>
>>26306420
Tyrantrum
>>
- Got into competitive battling for the first time.

- Found my first shiny since Ruby in Gen 3 (Skarmory)

- AZ gave me some FEELS

- Drasna's probably my favorite Elite 4

- Tyrantrum became my favorite fossilmon

- Shuana was annoying at first, but in retrospect, she was a good girl.
>>
>>26306676
Replace gen V with gen III and gen VI with gen V and this was my experience

Honestly the only reason I'm hyped for SM at this point is the fact that I wont have to pay actual money for it
>>
>>26306804
>I wont have to pay actual money for it
Did you win a bet?
>>
I feel sorry for people who couldn't appreciate XY, it was the most fun I had playing Pokemon since I was a kid

>worldwide release meant I could avoid spoilers in the days before release
>got to see a lot of new mons/megas for the first time while actually playing the game and exploring
>no 3DS hacks meant the trading economy was authentic for the first time
>finally moving to 3D graphics was amazing
>made major improvements to official competitive battling and other online features
>made major improvements to breeding which I now love doing
>loved the soundtrack
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 1000x771) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 1000x771
>>26306814
Guess you could put it that way considering I've already dodged a few bullets with this and even got to play some games before their official release, all for free

The picture of Sun/Moon leaking two weeks early with all of the gamefreak apologists killing themselves at once brings a joy to my heart
>>
Those first few moments at launch when nobody had any idea how the hell anything worked. I remember spending way too much time trying to figure out how to use/not use the roller skates.
>>
>>26306821
X and Y basically represented everything I was scared of Pokemon becoming since I was a kid. More focus on graphics than an interesting story and more focus on Digimon shit-tier "mega-evolutions" that ruined competitive play than a decent amount of new Pokemon. Pretty much all I look for in Pokemon games is a semi-interesting story and loads of new Pokemon and Gen VI gave us neither.

I liked the art style better than V's grimdark style though.
>>
>>26306838
Can you still trade and do everything a regular game can? It's not like pokemon is some struggling franchise that has a chance of not being made in perpetuity. With how successful it is I don't think nintendo even cares.
>>
Easier to breed and get shinies. Also, the mythical Pokemon being released each month this year is pretty cool.
>>
>>26306821
>trading economy was authentic
Is that still the case? Seems pretty much every pokemon can be injected which in my opinion invalidates even the legit ones.
>>
File: 1433274063979.jpg (123 KB, 535x627) Image search: [Google]
1433274063979.jpg
123 KB, 535x627
>>26306849
>looking for a good story
>in Pokemon
literally who cares
>>
>>26306849
>More focus on graphics than an interesting story
Pokemon never had a good story. Pokemon was never about HAVING a good story.

It's been almost 4 years, why can't Unovabortions just fuck off and die already? They clearly have 0 idea what Pokemon is supposed to be about.
>>
>>26306864
Of course, .cia files are functionality the same as if you downloaded the game from the eShop. There is even a save manager (without encryption) so if you want to be GameFreak's good goy that badly you can always buy a physical cart later and transfer your save over there.
>>
>>26306864
Pirated 3ds games can do everything legit copies can, including online. Nintendo doesn't seem to give a fuck about people with hacked 3DS's, only about stopping more people from hacking.
>>
>>26306904
>>26306905
Good to know. I don't mind buying it physically. Pokemon games hold their value pretty well.
>>
>>26306883
>>26306894
I said "semi-interesting story".

>Red/Blue is classic
>Gold/Silver had you going around doing shit with Lance and things like the Red Gyarados
>Ruby/Sapphire really upped the game with legendaries that actually do shit and function in the story, we saw them causing floods and droughts. Shit was cool.
>Diamond & Pearl was a bit lazy in that it was a similar theme but with time and space but was still pretty cool and I enjoyed it even if the games as a whole were only OK
>Black/White completely blew every other Pokemon story out of the water

I'm not looking for Shakespeare or expecting any new games to bother anywhere near as much with story as Gen V did, but X & Y didn't even try. I don't even remember why the bad guys even wanting the legendary, it was just cut and paste of the basic plotline of all the others with nothing original.

Pair that up with about 50 actual new Pokemon and what are GF even giving us? You're basically handing them money for nothing.
>>
>>26306959
Fair point, but there is a reason GameFreak doesn't even try - most people (especially little kids) just button mash through all the dialogue. They need to work both on writing actually interesting conversations and presenting the game in a way that makes you WANT to read the dialogue. At it's current state (tiny dialouge boxes, shallow writing, no character portraits that would make the NPCs emotions visible) the player is way too easily encouraged to just keep mashing that A button.
>>
>>26306959
Either have a genuinely good story or have no story at all, anything in between doesn't really add much to the game

and ~70 new Pokemon is fine combined with the megas. Just because megas aren't dex entries doesn't take away the fact we got a bunch of new designs. I can forgive them since megas were a huge new mechanic, I doubt it will happen again
>>
>>26306420
When I got my Gateway.
>>
>>26307018
You enjoyed wasting your money?
>>
>>26307014
>and ~70 new Pokemon is fine combined with the megas

If the megas represent a genuinely interesting take on a Pokemon that changes the style of play (e.g. Glalie) but most of the megas are just super-sayan OU/Ubers versions of already existing Pokémon.
>>
>>26306999
Nice trips. My original point was that Pokemon became something I specifically didn't want with Gen VI. If it sells, it sells, but this is just my opinion.
Giving up on writing any kind of story, redesigning existing Pokémon as "megas" so we get less actual new wild Pokémon in the game to collect and train, and making everything as easy as fucking possible (Exp. All) is moving the series back to kiddy shit when it was establishing itself as a decent adult RPG.

They can do the kiddy shit if it sells, but it's not the 90s anymore, and the adult Pokemon community is huge.
>>
>>26307062
The problem is they don't really need to pander to the adult community because they know the adult fans are already so deep down the rabbit hole they will buy anything GF throws out their way. I mean, just look at this fucking board. People preordered Sun and Moon even back when all we knew about the games were their logos. The only potential adult customers that might need some convincing are genwunners, and fucking guess who GameFreak has been pandering to this entire time.

Unfortunately the only people to blame for the franchise going to shit are the Pokemon fans themselves. This is why I'm going to pirate Sun and Moon, to be one of the first to send a message that I don't like where the Pokemon franchise is currently heading. It's not guaranteed to work of course, but it's better than not doing anything at all.
>>
>>26306791
this
>>
>>26306849
Pokemon has never had--
>>26306894
This. Admittedly BW and 2 were pretty good for Pokemon and I suppose XY was technically a step back. But its not like Pokemon having a shit story that's only a vehicle for the 8 gym + E4 goal and team conflict is a new thing
>>
>>26307028
That was in the early days of 3ds hacking when Sky was a joke and there was only one crappy CFW. Gateway was your only option back then.
>>
File: mYBGM.jpg (36 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
mYBGM.jpg
36 KB, 500x334
>>26306821
OP here.
I kinda agree with all the things you said.

>X was the first game where I managed to complete the National Dex thanks to wi-fi and the GTS.

>Despite its numerous flaws, I genuinely enjoyed (almost) everything in the game: story, music, locations, Pokémon, characters... This isn't truly objective though, since I'm French and it was a region based on my country. Too bad the south was ignored.

>I found my first shinies, two in a Safari Park (same species in the same park) and the third in the wild

>The Friend Safari threads, Rate-my-Trainer threads and Multi Battle threads were a good, time. In fact, the period between the release of XY and the announcement/release of ORAS was fucking great.

I really hope we'll have threads just like the three I mentionned.
>>
>>26306821
This.
Firsth month of XY was genuinely amazing.
Then the pokebank ruined everything.
>>
>>26306420
XY were good. Had lots of fun playing online, shiny hunting and breeding. ORAS on the other hand was just meh, I finished it in about 4 days and pretty much never picked it up again. Overall it was an ok gen.
>>
>>26307395
So true.
>>
>>26306821
>>26307388
>>26307395
My black comrades.

Sadly with the PokeBank avaliable from the get-go and the 3DS blown wide open I can't see Sun and Moon staying "pure" for very long.

>Despite its numerous flaws, I genuinely enjoyed (almost) everything in the game: story, music, locations, Pokémon, characters... This isn't truly objective though, since I'm French and it was a region based on my country. Too bad the south was ignored.
I'm not French but I also enjoyed the Kalos region, even though some of the characters pissed me off and the pacing did fall short after the third Gym. Hopefully GameFreak has learned their lesson for Sun and Moon and will manage to create a well balanced region.
>>
People say that Pokemon never had good stories which is true but X/Y stands tall as the worst.

Team Flare were litearlly a meme team with no actual motive.
>>
stopping at the battle chateau and not progressing until i'd bought a schoolgirl outfit from the boutique
>>
>>26307525
>Team Flare were litearlly a meme team with no actual motive.
Wanna talk about Team Magma and Team Aqua ?
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 654x471) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 654x471
>>26307530
>mfw one of my friends stopped progressing after he got to the Day Care Center
>mfw he started breeding competitive versions of all Pokemon he found so far
>mfw it took him 1 year to finally finish the game
>>
>>26307568

They had a motive, albeit a retarded one.
>>
>>26306420
catching Yveltal with a quickball
>>
>>26306880
It was only the case for the first two or three months after XY release, before it crumbled down just as PokeBank was being opened. /vp/ was chock full of trading and Friend Safari threads because hacking wasnt an option. Sadly if you werent there just as it happened there is no way to experience it all over again now maybe when the 8th generation for NX comes out, we'll see. This is partly why I feel sorry for all the poor saps that decided to skip XY for the "Z" version, which ironically never came out.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.