[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this look amazing, or does it look amazing? https://ww
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.jpg (972 KB, 4096x2160) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
972 KB, 4096x2160
Does this look amazing, or does it look amazing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p7bZAZnseE
>>
Other than the shader outline looking like ass
>>
>>26305846
>increased framerate
>smoother textures

maybe lose the outlines at least
>>
>>26305846
Holy fuck dude this is sick
>>
The outlines are ass, though I imagine that will be fixed with time. And personally I don't like texture filtering, but whatever.
>>
I don't know, I kinda like the outlines, especially on Gigalith. In any case, the prospect of playing XY/ORAS/SM in glorious 1080/60 is exciting.
>>
>>26305931
Same, it gives them more of a cell-shaded look.
>>
>>26305846
Impressive, though it probably had to sped up 3-4x to play at that speed.
>>
Maybe they'll actually have a stable release of Citra that runs at a decent framerate ready before the 4DS comes out. :^)
>>
>You can import battle videos to citra by using homebrew and dumping your system's extdata.
>This is NOT real-time footage.

Wow it's fucking nothing.
>>
Meanwhile Sun/Moon still has frame rate issues

Nintendo needs to die so they can give their ips to companies that can actually develop hardware
>>
I sure wished there was a 3DS player like the GBA player on Gamecube.
Apparently, you can homebrew your Wii U to play any DS game, so that console will be the DS player in the near future.
>>
>>26306319
>Meanwhile Sun/Moon still has frame rate issues

It's almost like it's being made for 6 year old hardware.

>Nintendo needs to die so they can give their ips to companies that can actually develop hardware

Because Sega's doing so fucking well.
>>
>>26306319
>Nintendo needs to die so they can give their ips to companies that can actually develop hardware
top kek.

here's your (you)

>>26305846
I like the frame rate. Those textures don't work for pokemon though. It's like Borderlands and Wind Waker tried to have a kid, conceived, and then realized they were somehow closely related resulting in some kind of genetic abnormality. Other than that, it looks pretty good.
>>
File: 1450140863476.png (35 KB, 1340x595) Image search: [Google]
1450140863476.png
35 KB, 1340x595
Considering Game Freak are probably going to be using their high-poly Pokemon models for the next few generations now, I imagine this is what Pokemon will actually look like next generation if the NX actually is some kind of home-handheld hybrid as people suspect
>>
Its crazy how well even DS games look with a bumped up resolution

Emulation really is something else
>>
>>26308274
NX being a portable/console hybrid is the thing keeping me going.

Just imagine: no more capture cards, no more VGC video cables, being able to play your mons on the TV and then head out with the portable.

>>26308385
The same can be said about any console game, really. They assets are all built on more powerful computers, and then dumbed down to match the hardware, so there's almost always extra sheen just waiting to be polished out.

Then again, emulation presents its own set of issues. The VC release of RBY has a few issues, and it's obviously running on much better hardware.
>>
>>26308431
>The VC release of RBY has a few issues

What kind of issues?
>>
>>26305846
Looks like shit. Better but still shit.
>>
>>26308440
Audio issues, primarily. The jump noise and the pokeball-docking-in-center noise sound awful.

Also, Dream Eater causes some really nasty visual distortion. Every single visual element remains on screen in a semi-transparent manner, almost like LCD game panels. Pic related, an example of what it looks like before everything turns into a solid grey mess.
>>
File: jynxvc.png (17 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
jynxvc.png
17 KB, 160x144
>>26308542
>>26308440
I should add that, at least with Yellow, they had to create a completely new kind of emulator that would run 6-colour GB pallets (normally, 5 is the max). Unlike in the TCG VC port, where they masked Jynx with an extra layer of purple, they altered the sprite for (at least) Yellow.

I chuckle a bit when I see people talking about how these were 'pure profit' and 'dumped' onto the shop. Ignoring the whole trading mechanic, and the fact they'll be converted to the new metrics for SM, they had to rewrite the book in order to pull off this in Yellow.
>>
>>26308542
They probably did that intentionally to replicate the graphical issues of the original game. Not that I'm defending it.
>>
>>26308598
> to replicate the graphical issues original game
Hardware issues of the original Gameboy*
>>
>>26308598
I get what you're saying.

They did in fact seek tor retain all glitches for these ports, but this doesn't seem to have been a glitch in the cartridge gamers.

Unlike something like Ocarina of Time 3D, where it was a new game made from the ground up with the intent to replicate glitches, this uses the original rom file, so they wouldn't have to actively try to keep those. It was more an issue of them not removing MissingNo or Mew, to keep it the same as players remembered.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.