[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't you get a Pikachu to have stats higher than a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Takuto vence!.png (169 KB, 469x215) Image search: [Google]
Takuto vence!.png
169 KB, 469x215
Why can't you get a Pikachu to have stats higher than a Latios if trained long enough?

If your Pikachu has logged in hours of time by your side and hundreds of battles it should have better stats than a same level Arcanine with half the hours.
>>
>>26305816
ITT: Autism
>>
File: latest-1.jpg (135 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
135 KB, 768x432
>>26305823
Sure brush it off as autism

I just think in the future the game would be more realistic If a Pokemon who has logged in 100 battles is stronger than one with 20.

Taking into account their starting stats of course

(god I am autistic)
>>
>252+ Atk Light Ball Pikachu Volt Tackle vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Latios: 475-559 (416.6 - 490.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

heh an in game level 40 Latios with 0 IVs in HP and Defense with a defense hindering nature can't even stand up to a level 100 Adamant full ATK invested Light Ball Pikachu's Volt Tackle.

This is why I don't watch the anime. It's too unrealistic.
>>
>>26305816
>Why can't you get a Pikachu to have stats higher than a Latios if trained long enough?
I can just imagine the competitive scene. Whoever has the most time to grind wins, no strategy needed.

>If your Pikachu has logged in hours of time by your side and hundreds of battles it should have better stats than a same level Arcanine with half the hours.
Not sure what you're trying to say here. Do you mean to say that Pikachu specifically should become stronger twice as fast as Arcanine? Why?
Or are you saying that stats shouldn't be linked as heavily to leveling up? The wording is all fucked up.
>>
>>26305816
because metagame
>>
>>26305816
>Why can't you get a HUMAN to have strength stats higher than a ELEPHANT if trained long enough?
>If your HUMAN has logged in hours of time by your side and hundreds of battles it should have better stats than a same level RINO with half the hours.
>>
>>26305884

That would be a nightmare for competitive play
>>
>>26306909
>implying humans can't take down an elephant or a rhino

Have you ever heard of an endangered species?
>>
>>26305816
Ash's pikachu has a speedy nature and mixed EV's. he's gained a lot of experience but still not at max level
>>
>>26305816
Because the anime makes up rules as it goes along.

One of these rules being that any pokemon can beat any other pokemon no matter what if they believe in the magic of friendship hard enough.
>>
To be fair, that's pretty much what the EVs are meant for - to make a Pokémon who's been trained and has participated in battles stronger. A Pikachu who's been in a hundred battles will have more EVs than an Arcanine who's been in only 20.

However, due to it being seriously stupid otherwise, EVs must obviously have a cap. The problem you're whining about is that people who play competitively all have fully EV-trained Pokémon (meaning the Pokémon they're using, by the game world's logic, is a veteran master battler or some shit like that). They've already reached the peak of what they can achieve.
>>
File: awesomeface.jpg (67 KB, 500x774) Image search: [Google]
awesomeface.jpg
67 KB, 500x774
>>26306932
>That moment when Theodore Roosevelt punched an Elephant to death
>>
What are genetics
I bet you've never been to a gym in your life. And I'm not talking about the ones where you get badges you fucking autist
>>
>>26306997
>What are genetics
IVs
>>
>>26307045
>IVs
That's training. Genetics cannot be altered without cheat codes.
>>
>>26307053
>Genetics cannot be altered without cheat codes.
I thought EVs were training and IVs were genetics. Also genetics can be altered with cheat codes.
>>
>>26307064
> Also genetics can be altered with cheat codes.
No shit, well done, you have some basic level of reading comprehension.
which I don't, I thought you said EVs for some reason
>>
>>26305816
Same reason why a man can never be stronger than a gorilla genetics anon you cant fight it. However GF stat distribution is completely fucking retarded if you apply any logic to it like Nidoking should have high Attk since Rhinos are some of the strongest creatures on our planet.
>>
>>26307077
Yeah my reading brain pooped. You probably know more about shit like IVs and EVs more than me.
>>
>>26307105
I doubt it, but I probably know more about real life training than you
>>
>>26307117
Like going to the gym you mean?
>>
>>26305816
>if an ant trains for its whole life it should be stronger than a baby rhino
Lol perfect logic
>>
>>26307125
Yes. I already have 8 badges.
>>
>>26307134
GTFO of here Gary. I have 3 badges and my pokemon are my friends.
>>
>>26307145
I bet you watch scooby faggot, I'm a Zyzz man my self
>fuck bitches, get pokemon
>>
>>26307149
Good. You wont be around for much longer.
>>
>>26305816
1. Gamefreak doesn't know how to follow their own lore.

2. Evolution would become purposeless.

3. No pokemon would be special anymore.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.