[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fire/fighting dual type >only fighting move it ever learns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: 250px-500Emboar.png (71 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-500Emboar.png
71 KB, 250x250
>fire/fighting dual type
>only fighting move it ever learns by leveling up is fucking Arm Thrust
>yfw samurott gets a better fighting-type move by leveling up (Revenge) and it's a water monotype

is B/W the worst fucking game in the entire series? holy shit that's just embarassing
>>
>>26305660
Emboar was supposed to be Fire/Ground and Samurott Water/Fighting before launch but Masuda hated it. Blaze Black and Volt White fix this.
>>
>>26305660
>Arm Thrust still not buffed to 25BP
>doesn't get something like Vital Throw or Revenge since it's slow as balls anyway
>>
It has Superpower as an egg move. What more do you want?
>>
File: emboar_by_feanaro07-d3nchyc.png (652 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
emboar_by_feanaro07-d3nchyc.png
652 KB, 750x600
>>26305701
>It has Superpower as an egg move
This. Plus, with its playstyle, you don't really need much other options with Fighting moves since you would want to abuse its other amazing moves like Flare Blitz, Sucker Punch and Head Smash.

The only fix Emboar needs is to drop his mixed attacker role and focus on attack. His special attack stat should have been redistributed to his defenses instead so he could perform better.
>>
>>26305660
>is B/W the worst fucking game in the entire series? holy shit that's just embarassing
Yes
>>
>>26305701

>only good fighting STAB move is completely unobtainable for the vast majority of your regular playthrough
>doesn't even get a pity move like brick break if they're not going to give it CC at any point

what's the fucking point of picking the starter, then? how in the world did that ever get past QA?

ridiculous

>>26305714
>head smash
>AND flare blitz
>two recoil damage moves on a mon that hates leftovers and has no natural recovery move like slack off

brilliant plan dumbfuck
>>
>>26305660
>In the Gen that added the most Pokemon in the entire franchise to date
>One Pokémon has a lame moveset
>IS B/W THE WORST FUCKING GAME IN THE ENTIRE SERIES?

How the fuck did you jump to that OP? Calm the fuck down. Not everyone is a winner.
>>
>>26305760
Emboar still has a brilliant movepool, just not that great of a fighting one. Also Emboar's playstyle is pretty much a suicide attacker, its why it has Reckless.
>>
File: cc8v0.jpg (35 KB, 492x433) Image search: [Google]
cc8v0.jpg
35 KB, 492x433
>>26305660
>oh no, it doesnt learn a move by level up
>i have to teach it a tm
>>
>>26305760
Except that's the whole point of Emboar. Or did you fall for the meme that it's a clone of Blaziken and Infernape?
>>
>>26305815

>lower BST than both
>lower base speed than both
>higher base HP than both

nah I didn't fall for it but unless you're seriously going to argue that a Pokemon with a dual fighting type learning one single fighting type move via level upthe, which also happens to be basically the shittiest fighting damaging move in the series BY FAR, I don't really know why you're pursuing this argument.

>>26305811
>because of the artificially low fighting level up movepool on a STARTER Pokemon, I am now forced to choose between teaching it or literally any other Pokemon that I have caught in the game who can learn this one-use TM
>>
>>26305934
No, I'm not arguing about its lack of fighting type moves, just how you think emboar isn't supposed to use recoil moves
>>
>>26305934
>one-use TM
I think that was the gen that TMs became infinite use actually so even this point of yours is pretty invalid
>>
>>26305660
>is B/W the worst game in the series?
Why is that a question. Of course it fucking was.
>>
>>26305793
>quantity is better than quality
Typical contrarian post
>>
File: 1450835893891.jpg (38 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450835893891.jpg
38 KB, 400x400
>>26305934
>because of the artificially low fighting level up movepool on a STARTER Pokemon, I am now forced to choose between teaching it or literally any other Pokemon that I have caught in the game who can learn this one-use TM

>bw
>one-use tm
>>
You get the Low Sweep TM early on, and you can Heart Scale it Hammer Arm.
>>
>>26305660
Fucking wow. What a conclusion.
>>
File: rihwyd.gif (906 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
rihwyd.gif
906 KB, 125x125
>>26306288
Right? The fucking backfire in this thread
>>
>>26305660
>one pokemon is mediocre
>HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS FUCKING HORRIBLE!
I don't see the correlation.
>>26305734
>>26306138
Worse than X/Y? Worse than OR/AS? Worse than Red/Blue/Yellow? I mean, I know it has flaws (most of which were fixed in B2/W2), but it was a hell of a lot better than XY/ORAS/RBY.
>>
>>26306340

To be fair, the gen 5 starter evolutions were the most dissapointing things I've ever experienced. ORAS being easy as fuck doesn't even compare.

>gen 3
>pure grass, kinda boring since we just had one, but looks cool as fuck anyways
>water/ground, really cool to have electric resistance, but that grass allergy though
>fire/fighting, fucking great, one of the best Pokemon ever, useful almost all the way through the game

>gen 4
>grass/ground, terrible weakness to ice, but has great coverage apart from that and is the most interesting starter concept ever
>water/steel, it's alright, really unique typing with bad matchups, it's design is what makes me love it
>fire/fighting, cool looking, probably really good and useful, but I chose Blazekin last time so I'll choose something else

>gen 5
>pure grass, cool but boring, though I honestly can't think of a secondary type to go with it
>pure water, okay I can think of at least two interesting types to go with this, what the hell Gamefreak, I thought you were going for a gen 1 feel, not 2

At this point grass and water starters ended up mono type 3/5 times. I purposefully made sure to look at fire last because I was excited for what Tepig could become.

>fire/fighting

That alone proves that either no proper thought was put into creating the starters, or they were being dicks on purpose. They're the biggest reason why so many people hate gen 5. No attempt at creativity.
>>
>>26305660
>Every 5 steps you take, the game takes over to shove more NPC shit down your throat
I just want to play the fucking game....
>>
>>26305660
Gen 5 is the best gen. HG/SS had to share a gen with D/P.
>>
>>26305660
There is nothing fighting type about Samurott at all.
>>
>>26306893
Emboar has the most unique stat distribution among fire starters jackass.
>>
File: 1445957886930.jpg (121 KB, 808x805) Image search: [Google]
1445957886930.jpg
121 KB, 808x805
>>26307096
FUCKING DELETE THIS! YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT MY FIRST VIDEOGAME ON /VP/

MODS HELP
>>
>>26305660
it just should been fire/dark. Fire Fighting thing is probably the only reason I don´t like him.
>>
>>26306340
Nice autism. Gen V is the worst generation you unovashit. Shit Pokédex, shit evil team, and shit region.
>>
>>26307174
Gen V was the best region honestly you are retarded for not seeing this.
>>
>>26307111
>Emboar has the most unique stat distribution among fire starters jackass
This. Only retards fall for the 3 fire/fighting clones meme AND not know that Charizard and Typhlosion literally have the same stats
>>
>>26305660
>judging a mon by level up moves alone when TMs(Low Sweep/Brick Break) Heart Scales(Hammer Arm) & Tutors(Low Kick/Superpower) exist
OH FUCK A DUCK SMEARGLE MUST SUCK DICK AMIRITE?

Jesus fucking Christ what a nigger
>>
>is B/W the worst fucking game in the entire series?

Yes, with BW2 not too far behind.
>>
>>26307096
The D/P that was replaced by the vastly superior Platinum?

Look man, I love Gen 5, but you can't use D/P as the reasoning for Gen 4 being bad, when there is a much better fixed version within the same gen. Pt./HG/SS are some of the best that the franchise has to offer, and only really rivaled by B2/W2.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.