[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Sun and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: Pokemon_SunMoon_Starters.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_SunMoon_Starters.jpg
166 KB, 1920x1280
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Sun and Moon starters are honestly pretty great?
>>
>>26304157
Yes.
>>
Yeah
>>
File: smfanart28.jpg (474 KB, 920x685) Image search: [Google]
smfanart28.jpg
474 KB, 920x685
yes
>>
>>26304157
I suppose.
>>
File: 1463106548781.jpg (562 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1463106548781.jpg
562 KB, 1280x1024
Agreed. They're all cool in their own ways.
>>
>>26304157
First impression was dafuq these are gross

Now I'm jizzing over all three of them. They grew on me I guess.

Don't know who to pic
>>
>>26304157
Yes because I refuse to acknowledge that poopleo even exists
Biggest shame on the franchise since garbage and ice cream and keychain
>>
Yes. Tired of the hate, I like them all and my choice is based on type preference, not appearance.
>>
I don't care for the cat. I don't hate it as a pokemon, I'm just not feeling it as a starter
>>
All three are great. All the starters are great.
>>
>>26304157
Better than Gen 5 for sure.
Like every other starter we've got.
>>
One thing I think is nice is that different people seem to prefer different ones. There may be some skewing, but I think people are going to make tons of different decisions.

Who else here afraid-to-get-hype?
>>
Rowlett is like, in the top 3 starters

Litten is meh

Popplio is easily the worst. Easily. I can't fathom how something could possibly be worse, even if they made it their collective goal to make a worse starter
>>
The seal is still garbage.
>>
>>26304220
You're trying a bit too hard there, chief.
>>
File: 1458155835455.jpg (16 KB, 297x207) Image search: [Google]
1458155835455.jpg
16 KB, 297x207
>>26304465
>Seal
It's a sea lion, Anon dear.
>>
>Grass/Flying
>Fire/Electric
>Water/Psychic
>>
>>26304456
It's because you're an irl loser. Most of your friends are probably online and you have never had sex.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
>>26304220
>>26304456
>>26304465
>>
These are some of the best starters in awhile, but I think they did get a touch more help then most. They all came with extra images and descriptions about what they were like. Each one has unique features or interesting personality added to them, which not a lot of starters use to get in other gens.

People say Popplio is Oshawatt levels of bad, but its one of my favorite of the three just because of all the personality. The problem with Oshawatt was that when its artwork was first released it had a really bland, uninteresting look to it. Its face seemed devoid of emotion and while later on it would show signs of looking better through smiling and dancing (in pokemon amie anyways) first impressions were pretty bad.

Now I dont blame people necessarily for disliking Poppolio. Rowlet went for the cute, unique look, Litten went for the more generic serious starter while Poppolio went more goofy then cute. But thats why I think they do so well together. Unless your really hard to please, there is going to be atleast one of the three starters that everyone enjoys.
>>
Okay so besides scattered hate for Popplio, it looks like these are the most widely liked starters since 3rd or 4th gen

That's pretty impressive, I have high hopes for Gen 7
>>
File: Popplio Defense Force.png (238 KB, 728x675) Image search: [Google]
Popplio Defense Force.png
238 KB, 728x675
OC
>>
>>26304586
Who the fuck liked Gen 3 and 4 starters? Pretty shit gens imo
>>
File: picard approves.gif (431 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
picard approves.gif
431 KB, 250x189
>>26304561
Well said my man.
>>
Even though it looks kinda goofy I hope Popplio will wind up looking pretty awesome.
>>
They're okay, but probably my least favourite after gen 4
>>
>>26304561
Little owl is quitky
Cat has no personality
Water pupper has all the personality

The reason we like them is because they balance well. They feel somewhat organic

Love that /vp/ loves these little guys
>>
>>26304922
Agreed, Turtwig was the only one I liked, even if he sucked.
>>
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/partner_01/

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon01.png - Grass (used for Rowlet)

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon02.png - Flying (used for Rowlet)

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon03.png - Ground (unused)

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon04.png - Fire (used for Litten)

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon05.png - Water (used for Popplio)

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/images/icon06.png - Fighting (unused)

For icon 7 and beyond, there's nothing

So, there are icons for both of Rowlet's types, one for Litten's type, one for Popplip's type, and two unused ones for the Ground and Fighting types

Now I'm not saying this means anything, it could mean absolutely nothing, but I won't be surprised if the currently unused Ground and Fighting icons are supposed to be for Litten and Popplio's evolutions.
>>
>>26305016
>Fighting
please god no. i am so damn tired of starters with Fighting as a secondary type.
>>
>>26305016
>Fire/Ground volcano cat
>HA makes it waterproof because it's greasy as shit
Surely they won't do fire/fighting again right?
>>
>>26305032

Water/fighting would be pretty cool.

Plus it would be a first for the water line.
>>
>>26304922
Not me (im the anon youre responding to)
But I'd heard they were at least widely liked for the most part
I haven't like all three starters this much since Gold and Silver
>>
>>26304922
>Who the fuck liked Gen 3 starters?
Considering they were popular enough to get Megas besides the Kanto starters...
>>
>>26305088
It can't possible be because of the remakes, could it?
>>
>>26305107
Regardless, the Gen 3 starters are the second most popular only behind the Kanto starters. They've gotten better treatment and are more relevant than most of the other starters.
>>
How are people hating on Popplio while Litten exists? Litten is the most boring fucking edgy looking starter ever. Even Gen 5 starters top that fucking little piece of shit on all levels design wise. I can't fucking stand it.

Popplio is based, and rowlet is absolute godtier. Best look grass type starter ever.
>>
>>26305231
>black and red automatically means edgy
Nice meme
>>
>>26304922
well thats just your opinion.. your own terrible terrible opinion
>>
>>26304157
Love all three of them. Dapper Owl, Sneaky Cat and Goofy Seal are 10/10 starters.
>>
>>26304157
Agreed. Shame rowlettfags have to shit on the rest of them
>>
>>26304157
Startling to like Rowlet's design.
>>
They are shit like past gen . pokemons are looking more and more like fake Chinese ripoffs.
>>
>>26304561
this, but I feel like rowlet came out with the least personality. The descriptors that were given talk about how each of the pokemon acts, except for rowlet's which just talks about what it is physically capable of.
>>
>>26305359
>>26305231

It's whole design is just a liepard with other colors.

Also look at it's fucking face. It screams edgyness.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.