[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would Hoenn have been better with Misty instead of Max?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: HoennRedone.png (956 KB, 960x538) Image search: [Google]
HoennRedone.png
956 KB, 960x538
I've always thought if Misty had stayed the show in AG would've been more entertaining.
>Misty acting as a mentor & "big sister" for May
>Misty catching Mudkip, Brock with Aron
>Misty evolving Togepi in Hoenn but still keeping it
>Misty still getting an Azurill egg before heading to BF, hatches on the journey
>No annoying Max to deal with
I always thought Misty & May would have a great dynamic, Misty being the youngest, getting to be a "big sister" and May always dealing with an annoying little brother having someone to look up to.
>>
>>26304065
Just in general keeping Misty and Brock around instead of shuffling them around wouldve been good. They always had the best group dynamic.
>>
>>26304091
Agreed, I think the same relationship with May could've applied to Dawn too, although Misty would've been more experienced in Sinnoh after May with contests. I could see Misty & Zoey butting heads over what's best for Dawn.
>Togekiss could've belonged to Misty
>>
>>26304065
Ash Misty and Brock played on each other better than any other combo, so yes, it would have been better. I do think constantly giving them a new partner would be good though. May and Serena are pretty good companions.
>>
>>26304091
The original trio was already stale in Johto, why would you want it to continue into Hoenn?

Had May not been introduced and they kept Misty/Brock around most of us would have given up on the anime a decade ago.
>>
>>26304136
>Misty instead of Max
May would've still joined the group, which would've given a whole new dynamic for Misty's character, giving May what she always wanted, a caring big sister type.
>>
>>26304065
I liked Max.
>>
>>26304190
Were you 8yo during AG?
>>
>>26304155
>>26304155
Even so, Misty would have still been pushed into the background along with Brock because May and her Contests would have still gotten all the focus. Then you would have people complaining how Misty had "no goal" to do while May was getting star treatment.
>>
No. We wouldn't have gotten that great Ralts episode if Max wasn't in the show.
>>
>>26304251
Misty never had a goal before, her & Brock always acted as mentors to Ash, coaching and rooting for him. This time Misty would've just focused on May more than Ash as a supporter.
>>
>>26304275
Max could've easily had a "visit" episode to come and see his sister, they could've done the Ralts episode during one of those visits
>>
>>26304291
Trust me, had both Misty and May been there at the same time, but only May gotten a huge role with the Contests being the same as they were while Misty stood around doing little like Brock...all the Misty fans would have complained the same way that this "new girl" was getting all the spotlight over Misty.
>>
>>26304316
Well yeah, these are Pokemon fans we're talking about
But complaining about that would've been more bearable than dealing with Max AND people complaining about Max
>>
>>26304364
The thing is even for people who don't like Max there's nothing he actually does on an episode to episode basis that's bothersome. In most episodes he barely does any more than Brock and just says a few lines from the background. He's easily ignorable in most episodes if you don't care about him. Also the few times he does have a decent role his eps aren't to bad except for a few.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.