[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people really think there isn't more than one of each
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (38 KB, 200x164) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38 KB, 200x164
Do people really think there isn't more than one of each legendary Pokemon, there's clearly supposed to be a large number of them but they're just rare
>>
Autists keep insisting that there's an orderly pantheon so they can organize the legendaries into a neat little chart.

You're right, though. All Pokemon media suggests that there are multiples of each legendary.
>>
>>26303317
but that's gay
>>
>>26303281
Here's how I look at it. There are a multiple amount of regular legendaries like Latios, Entei, and Xerneas. With mythicals, such as Jirachi, Diancie, Magearna, etc. there is only one of each, hence why they are much harder to obtain.
>>
With some there are multiples, like the Eon Duo, or Phiones.
Some of them only have 1, namely the Creation Trio.
Mythicals only have 1 of each, with maybe the exception of Darkrai.
>>
>>26303519
The Creation Trio (assuming you're talking about Dialga/Palkia/Giratina) explicitly has 2 of each after that event in HGSS
>>
>>26303428
Interesting thoughts.

I feel similarly. There are probably multiple Zapdos, Heatran, Lati@s. But there are only one of certain legendaries. Such as Xerneas, Yveltal, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Arceus, and Mewtwo.
>>
>>26303281
I feel for some there are multiple (Manaphy, the gen 1 birds), while others there's only 1 (the creation trio, the beasts of johto)
>>
File: tumblr_ndwexuvobh1rq9h94o1_500.gif (170 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndwexuvobh1rq9h94o1_500.gif
170 KB, 500x281
What about Melo?

Surely she's one of a kind
>>
>>26303710
In Mewtwo's case, there's two.

And the Creation Trio has at least two as well. Arceus creates another one of each for Ethan in HG/SS.

But those are really kind of circumstantial because there used to be only one until a certain point in time, where a second one was made. That leads us to believe there can be dozens of Mewtwo or Palkias, but there's no reason to believe that they have been created any more than twice.
>>
>>26303281

Apparently only one of each lake trio member exists in the wild at any time, with Arceus creating new ones whenever they get captured by a trainer.
>>
>>26304015
if there's a shiny arceus that means that there's more than one, same goes for mewtwo and every thing else
>>
>>26303980
>>26304015
Fuck off, Richard.
>>
>>26304940
>if we can describe the attributes of something which is different, it must exist
You sound like an apologetic theist
>>
>>26303806
>In Mewtwo's case, there's two.
How do you figure?
>>
I feel like some pokemon, mainly mythicals, are just rare and have legends surrounding them.

Like 500, I think someone caught a Meloetta and toured around Unova as a bard, thus cementing Meloetta in Unova folklore.
>>
>>26303317
>All Pokemon media suggests that there are multiples of each legendary.
Except the fucking games. Only Manaphy and Manaphy alone is hinted at being a fully-fledged race, and that's only in the Ranger games.
>>
File: image.png (230 KB, 2001x1125) Image search: [Google]
image.png
230 KB, 2001x1125
Is Arceus literally an omnipotent being?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OjQqMa1H8yg
>>
>>26303281
Certain legendaries only have one like Giratina, Dialga, Palkia and the lake trio for obvious reasons and Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem for the methods of their birth.
>>
>>26305018
If we include the show/movies then yeah there are two, the one from the first movie and the one from the newer genesect movie are two separate mewtwo's; one with a male voice (older) and one with a female voice (newer)
>>
>>26305271
Alright, I'll accept it, but where the fuck did the new one come from?
Also, is the implication that this is the same Mewtwo as the first movie and Mewtwo Returns?
>>
>>26303664
That event isn't canon though.
That or it's the first instance of the trios creation and it creates a causal loop of sorts.
>>
>>26305340
>but where the fuck did the new one come from?
In classic Black and White anime style, it was a clone of Mew made by someone else.
That's it, we don't even know how they figured out how to make it with the exact same appearance.

>Also, is the implication that this is the same Mewtwo as the first movie and Mewtwo Returns?
Strikes Back and Returns are the same Mewtwo.

Genesect is a totally different one.
>>
File: image.png (322 KB, 794x429) Image search: [Google]
image.png
322 KB, 794x429
>>26305518
>Cannon
>Pokemon
Stop
>>
>>26303281
The in-game folklore is just for storytelling. Assuming there are only one of each legendary Pokemon is the same as reading the pokedex and accepting that Magcargo is hotter than the sun.

The dex entries and all the protags experiences in the games are due to them being a gullible child and hearing folktales. There are explicitly multiples of the legendaries in all of Pokemon media.

Anyone who argues with this objective truth is a big silly billy.
>>
There is only one Mewtwo. They only made the one.
>>
>>26304947
But first, let's talk about parallel universes.
>>
>>26308741

Fellate a gun and pull the trigger you waste of Oxygen.
>>
File: 1459701828522.gif (971 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459701828522.gif
971 KB, 500x500
>>26303281
>tfw manaphy doesn't have drizzle
>>
>>26307604
That doesn't mean the stories are completely false, as we saw with arceus it can in fact create Pokemon on will
>>
File: image.png (6 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6 KB, 408x408
>>26308782
We found him
>>
>>26308929
You don't know exactly what Arceus does in that cutscene and you're seeing it through the eyes of that same, impressionable child who at that stage is pre-conditioned to think that that is what would be happening.

If you want to get right into it as an issue of core concepts; the legendary Pokemon represent issues the protagonists face as they grow up/adventure through life encountering all things weird and wonderful. Pokemon is a big metaphor world and the Legendary Pokemon's plot significance is a representation of major cruxes in one's life.
To say that each Legendary Pokemon is one of a kind is to say that every sort of experience is complete unique, which is a ludicrous statement.

But that's taking Pokemon at it's core concepts, which is an arsehole's argument in this instance.

To be fair, in-game canon is pretty sketchy on the whole thing - mainly to emphasise the grand-ness of the adventures and how puny the protags are. I don't see them ever flat out stating that the folklore is just folklore, since it's pretty obvious anyway.. But also because it would destroy their entire storytelling practice.

In theory, and within the realm of the scope of the player characters with complete suspension of disbelief - since that's the only real window we have into the Pokemon World (game wise) - I'd concede that major legendaries are one of a kind. But only if it's stated really specifically, like that.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 400x300
>>26308713
Mewtwo is one of the weirdest cases, it's so posed to be an altered mew clone right? But there's a lot of evidence that it could possibly a natural born creature, I mean it says in one of the journal entries that "mew gave birth!" So maybe it's more of a rare process that they forced a mew to go through in order to get a mewtwo, there's also that fact that it has 2 mega stones, which implies that a least 2 mewtwos died in the war(although it appears mega stones can come in existence in other ways than that).
>>
File: image.png (68 KB, 201x163) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68 KB, 201x163
>>26309110
>"impressionable child who at that stage is pre-conditioned to think that that is what would be happening."
>>
>>26303281
I've been thinking. Legendaries are in the "Undiscovered" egg group, but that never implied they can't breed. I'm assuming there actually are multiples of /some/ legendaries since one of Latias' dex entries mentions them having "herds".

Maybe their eggs are "Undiscovered" because they give birth directly? Pregnancy mechanic when?
>>
>>26309395
No they are in undiscovered group because they don't want you to breed them and have a shit load of them
>>
>>26310698
>Pregnancy mechanic
m-muh dick
>>
File: image.png (106 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
106 KB, 250x250
>>26310698
>>26310927
I would really love if they added in an advanced breeding mechanic
>>
>>26309110
Posts like this make me feel better about trusting people. It's nice to know not everyone is oblivious.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.