[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular opinions thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
>le HG/SS is God-tier maymay xD
HG/SS is so fucking overrated and gets too much praise. It barely did anything to fix the originals' problems of having a shitty level curve, unbalanced Pokémon distribution, and a barren Kanto. But people still claim it's the best anyways because OMG POKEMON CAN FOLLOW YOU?! THAT'S THE BEST THING EVER! :O Emerald, Platinum, and B2/W2 did more to improve upon the originals, yet they don't get nearly as much love because people are blinded by nostalgia.
>>
>>26300907(You)
>>
>>26300907
(You)
>>
>2 regions
>16 gyms
>pokemon follow you
>best sprites
>best music
>non-lineal plot
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 432x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 432x403
>>26300907
>follows an unpopular opinion with a meme opinion
>>
>>26300907
It's because they're cozy af.
>>
>>26300907
>things only autists complain about
>>
>>26300907
>op has never played the game and is only repeating memes from other autists that have never played the game

Here's your (You) btw
>>
>>26300907
Wow, you managed to highlight what really killed the game for me and 4chan is lashing out at you.
This website is full of nostalgia-blinded degenerates. Pokemon following you around doesn't compensate for the fact that Pryce has pokemon around 5 levels higher than what you would have at the time, yet wild pokemon are about half your levels and trainers have stuff 10 levels below you so you can't train.
My highest level pokemon were 10 levels below Lance and I only won because of Ice Fang + NeverMeltIce with Freeze hacks.
>>
>>26301257
OP pls
>>
>>26301257
Oh yeah because being able to catch wild Pokémon that are high levels like 50 or 60 is such a good idea. That totally wouldn't make the game easy as shit for people who only use the starter because it might be level 70 before Elite 4, since they can just catch 5 more level 70s. And it's nobody's fault but yours that your Pokémon were underleveled. It just means you didn't battle enough or put too much time into training them all to be the same level.
>>
>>26301257
>people complain that the games are too easy
>this faggot comes along
>>
>>26301257
It's also really hard to grind for cash without milking the E4 because of the rematch system.

And there's too many green apricorns. They really shouldn't have based the apricorn trees on what berry they gave in GSC.
>>
File: samefag.png (9 KB, 345x203) Image search: [Google]
samefag.png
9 KB, 345x203
>>26301283
>le samefag
I like this meme
>>
>>26300907
I'm triggered as all hell right now but I respect your opinion, OP.
>>
>>26300907
You were fine until that last part, only Emerald improved on its originals. Platinum was still just as slow and shitty as DP and B2W2 only added new characters.
>>
>>26301095
>2 half-regions
>>
>>26300907
>HG/SS is so fucking overrated and gets too much praise. It barely did anything to fix the originals' problems of having a shitty level curve, unbalanced Pokémon distribution, and a barren Kanto.
Are you me. That bugged the hell out of me too, especially poor distribution. No idea why changes weren't more drastic. The coat of paint is really shiny and they did add a lot of neat new stuff, especially all the legendary related stuff, but I feel like none of the actual game play related problems specific to GSC were fixed.
>>
>>26301145
Coincidentally, complaining that a game is too easy for you and pandering to others is actually literally autistic
>>
>>26300907
I agree. Platinum is my favorite, probably, but I never played 5th gen properly.
>>
>>26300907
>le level curve maymay

I never had a problem with this.

The only thing they should have fixed is the ability to get Johto mons in fucking Johto, other than that HG/SS are the epitome and the standard to which remakes should be held to.
>>
XY has the best gym battle theme
>>
>>26302191
The problem is you end up overleveled without even trying. People complain about being overleveled with XP share in XY but you have way more control over that than the levels of of trainers being way too low.
>>
>>26302477
Not if you use all six of your Pokemon equally
>>
>>26302191
Kanto has no excuse anymore to be as shit as it is in HGSS. If they could add random fun stuff like Pokethlon in, great, but why didn't they improve Kanto? Thats what really needed to be fixed, not a new minigame that they only made so they could use the walking Pokemon assets somewhere else anyway. And regardless of lack of Johto Pokemon, types are still extremely poorly distributed. I don't even think they really figured that out until Platinum.
>>
>>26302523
Literally impossible because you have certain Pokemon with you longer and that doesn't even make sense in reply to what I said which is that you had less control over it than XP share in XY.
>>
>>26300907
>>26302544
But they actually did fix the Pokemon distribution problem.

A.Safari Zone lets you get more Johto mons (Murkrow, Larvitar, Misdreavous).
B. 4th gen evos of Johto mons available.
C. Pokeathlon prizes let you obtain stone or trade evos earlier than in GSC.
>>
>>26302859
Safari Zone doesn't "fix" distribution, or at least not what I mean when I say it. I don't care about the distribution of new Pokemon, but types. You can't get a fire type in HGSS besides Cyndaquil until, what, Ecruteak? Just before? And he's one of scant few options at all until Kanto. That's just one example. DP was when they first really got type distribution down but still not perfect. Ponyta was one of the only fire types, but it was right where you would want a fire type and very early on for example, so it's fine.
>>
>>2630090
Don't be sad, OP. I know people are shitting on you for saying it, but I totally agree. Maybe it's partly because I didn't play gen 2 until after 4th, so I don't have the same nostalgia I'm sure others do.
But the level curve and shit distribution really killed it for me, and I never really gave a shit about pokemon following either.
I just don't see why gen 2 so often gets considered the best.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.