[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2nd Grade Opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: CS 11516 s01.png (34 KB, 564x245) Image search: [Google]
CS 11516 s01.png
34 KB, 564x245
Hello /vp/!
I'm a 2nd Grade teacher and this past week my kids have been OBSESSED with Pokemon.
Wanting to bring cards (though not allowed), pretending to be Pokemon on the playground, Talking about them during class, etc.
So I printed out colouring sheets of the new starters for them to draw and took a survey to see the favorites of each of them.

Rowlet: 2
Litten: 11
Popplio: 5
Hates all of them: 1

I did not add my favorite to the survey, which is Rowlet.

Fun Note: Only 1 of my kids knew about Sun & Moon prior to today.
>>
Oh hey I showed my kids them too. They all think litten looks the best too.
>>
File: 1460828552982.png (142 KB, 401x300) Image search: [Google]
1460828552982.png
142 KB, 401x300
>>26297642

>Hates all of them: 1

I bet that 2nd Grader posts on /vp/.
>>
>>26297642
cool
>>
Nice blog.

Litten is most popular because it's an adorable kitty cat.
>>
>>26297642
>majority are kids who will grow up to be normalfags picking fire and generic designs

Seems spot on.
>>
>>26297642
Cute. Litten is definitely going to be the popular choice with everyone.
>>
Your students are almost unanimously edgy firefags with a small contingent of Poopliofags , you've failed as a teacher
>>
>>26297642
Well, this is proof that nobody likes Popplio. Thanks for confirming that.
>>
>>26297642
Interesting how Litten is popular among younger fans while Rowlet is for older fans.
>>
>>26297642
>not allowing Pokemon cards
Fuck you. Literally no reason. Fuck you and fuck my old 2nd grade teacher for doing it too.
>>
You better have given those two Rowletbros some motherfucking gold stars OP
>>
>>26297770
Fuck off you literal child and start thinking like a teacher who wants to teach the fucking children.
Trading cards during class is pointless distraction from the lesson. If I was a teacher and kids were doing nothing but trading cards and playing video games I'd give them a pop quiz on the spot.
>>
>>26297770
>my old
kek
>>
File: shitposting easy button.gif (641 KB, 339x509) Image search: [Google]
shitposting easy button.gif
641 KB, 339x509
>>26297665
Hey, you were right:
>>26297770
>>
Oh god kids likening Pokemon.

Just go

This isn't for kids
>>
>>26297850
She's probably dead now, it's been a long time.

>>26297833
Woah there aspie, are you literally chomping at the bit to insult someone? Do you even remember how primary school works? Better ban hairbrushes too or the girls will do nothing but brush their hair during class, such a pointless distraction from the lesson. All a ban does is show that you're shit at your job.

When I was a kid we played with them after school and during recess. All the ban did was made us sneak around after that. So why don't YOU think like a teacher, rather than an angry teenager that thinks he's all grown up. Leave the strawman at home.
>>
>Children like the shittier starters

Good to know I chose the mature and objectively best starter, Rowlet
>>
>>26297770
>>26297833

As someone who used to get upset when I was a child that cards were usually not allowed, I understand you're upset with this. But I can't allow them.

1. They'll try to take each other's cards or ruin them.
2. They're a distraction during class.
3. If they 'trade' cards and a child feels they want their card back or something similar; chances are the parents will get involved and it'll end up being my fault.

If I could trust the kids to behave well enough with them I'd let them, but we are 2 weeks from Summer and I can tell you, these kids won't be able to handle it.
>>
>>26297642
what state test is coloring pokemon in on?
>>
>>26297942
It couldn't have been more than 19 or so years obviously. Was your teacher 80?
>>
>>26297642
It's not terribly comforting that I share tastes with second graders but who gives a fuck I'm getting myself a fire tiger and nothing will stop me
>>
>>26297642
Can we maybe see some of the coloured pages and decide which is coloured best or would make a good shiny?
>>
>>26298002
Not even if it turns into some shot pussy in stage 3
>>
>>26297642
>Rowlet: 2
>Popplio: 5
Wow, the kids got terrible taste.
>>
>>26298028
Rowlet loses a lot of its charm in black and white.
>>
>>26298028
Children aren't exactly known for their intelligent decisions and preferences. What'd you expect?
>>
>>26297979
They're kids and this shit is going to happen whether it's with trading cards or something else. You know that right? There are easier ways to absolve yourself of liability rather than asinine blanket ban policies.

>>26297999
About that yeah, and I don't think she was that old so she might still be around somewhere. My bad on that one.
>>
>>26297642
showed them to the kids at my school and they killed themsleves
>>
>>26298013

Sadly I let them all take them home w/o taking any pictures.
Though I can say the most common thing I remember is many of them swapping the colours of Litten's fur. (Which only happened because they asked me what colour it was.)
>>
>Only 1 of my kids knew about Sun & Moon prior to today.

"So, what did you learn in school today?"

Have fun at the next PTC.

For real though, that's based. My second grade teacher used to give out goodies for kids who participated and did well. I remember at one point she had a Jungle booster pack, and we'd get to take a card as a goodie. We all hated the kid who got to the rare first.
>>
>>26297642
Wow nice job spoiling the starters for them
>>
>>26298074
>They're kids and this shit is going to happen whether it's with trading cards or something else.

No shit, that's why several schools don't even let kids bring their own clothes from hime. You know that right?

>There are easier ways to absolve yourself of liability rather than asinine blanket ban policies.

Not when dealing with hundreds, or thousands, or little anklebiting demons. You don't reason with a mob, let alone a mob of kids. Zero-tolerance policies are in place to avoid a backlog of complaints and meetings.

Don't get me wrong, I hate that shit, but it didn't come into effect because it's without a purpose. I makes the ship sail.
>>
So this confirms littenfags are manchildren.
>>
>>26298174
Zero tolerance policies are literally only good for the administration. If we didn't pay teachers so goddamn little, maybe we could staff a school well enough that we don't need that bullshit.
>>
>>26298074
>>26298174

To be honest, it may not be the 'best' choice, but it is the easiest.

It's like when I was a kid I absolutely HATED being told, "Because I said so." It's frustrating. I thought I'd never do that when I grew up. This is my first year teaching and I started out not saying that. It's now probably the phrase I've said the most often in my entire life just because of this one year. It makes more sense when you're in that position.

Yes, it's frustrating and may not be the 'best' choice. But it's easiest for you and them. Instead of having 15 different rules to follow on how to treat the cards, or how to use them, when you can use them, etc. It's easier for BOTH you and the kids to just have 1. No Cards.

As I just stated above, this is my first year as a teacher, so if you have a suggestion I'm all ears. I've got a lot to learn so I'm open to what you have to say.

>>26298147

Yeah, I gave out some of those collect-able 'Bean' toys earlier in the year, and they seemed to enjoy them. If their Pokemon trend continues maybe I could give them a card or 2 for being good during the last week of school.
>>
>>26298226
>children are manchildren
>>
OP, get us the colored pages now.
>>
>>26298017
if it becomes furbait, I don't know what I'll do because my next choice WOULD be Rowlet but that means I have to fight the furbait (assuming the rival isn't mentally handicapped and picks the advantageous starter), and I don't like Popplio's design, so... I can only hope it's not going to be Delphox 2.0
>>
>>26298404
Well, they're basically children but older. So it makes sense.
>>
>>26297642
>pretending to be Pokemon on the playground

Confirmed for fake.

Children that pure no longer exist, they live in their tablets now.
>>
>>26298541
This. I'd love to see what the kids did.

>>26298356
There is no best choice, because the best choice is dedicating time you don't have to address the grievances of every kid.

If I could offer my advise, try to use it as a springboard to talk about empathy.

When you tell a kid their cards need to stay home, or you take them away for the day, make sure the child understand that their feeling of sadness is what other kids feel if they lack cards. Not only does it drive the feeling home, it has the potential to teach a life lesson.

And not just in a "see, jimmy is sad too" way. Kids see right through that. You've gotta ask them why it makes them feel upset or mad, dig deep, and then maybe have other kids raise their hands if they've ever felt that same way.

Also, a round of applause for you good sir. There are too few teachers, and you never get enough respect or appreciation, because your students likely won't appreciate your lessons at least a decade later.
>>
Not the OP, but here's my take.

I know it sucks, but kids have to learn they can't do whatever they want, whenever they want.

Either that, or they need to learn to be crafty enough not to get caught or to cause a problem, averting the issue entirely.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.