[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Japanese ad has kid moving from Japan to Hawaii >machoke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_20160512-175746.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160512-175746.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
>Japanese ad has kid moving from Japan to Hawaii
>machoke movers boxes in house
>the player character has just moved alola
>the family possibly brought their pet meowth along
>if trailer is loosely based on the start of SM, the player character has moved from the pokemon equivalent of Japan
>Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh
>mewoth is only catchable in Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh
>diamonds in the Japanese logos
>caitlyn written in the classroom

Where were you when Sinnoh confirmed for gen VII?
>>
Mfw kalosfags think we're going back to kalos post-game, but we go back to sinnoh instead
>>
The only thing all that proves is the protag is a jap, not hawaiian
>>
File: Johanna_and_Glameow.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Johanna_and_Glameow.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>26292932
>>diamonds in the Japanese logos
Right, they just so happened to leave out the pearls.

It's a Kanto nod, in all likelihood. If they wanted to reference Sinnoh, it'd be a Glameow.
>>
>>26293095
>sychro diamonds
>mega evolution pearls

Also no one likes glameow
>>
>>26292932
The "mother" pictured is clearly a local. She's more ikely your aunt and mother of the prof. aide calling you "cuz."
>>
>>26292932

"pearl" harbor

chinpokomon!
>>
>>26293258
Cousin is a term of endearment in Hawaii. Likely means he isn't your actual cousin.
>>
>>26293095
>yfw MORE. GENWUN. PANDERING.
>>
>>26293326

genwun pandering is why x and y sold so well, accept it.

i'm not even joking, do you know how many "normie" friends of mine bought x and y cause you could pick the original starters early on?
>>
>>26293326
>not wanting geewun pandering
I thought kids were still in school now.
>>
>>26292932
>bringing external animals into hawaii
I though that was absolutely haram?
>>
>>26293349
Yeah, me too. Oh well, what did you learn at school today anon?
>>
>>26293374
There's a quarantine process involving lots of paperwork but it's possible to bring cats and dogs overseas to first work countries in many cases
>>
>>26293301
No it's not. It's generically an American popculture thing they sluff onto brown characters like hispanics. Common pidgin slang hasn't included cuz in nearly 2 decades, and even then it was not a general term of endearment it was familial. You might call an uncle of close age, an actual cousin, a second cousin, a cousin removed, or a close friend of the family "cuz" but all were evokative of what was functionally closest to an actual cousin relationship. Again it fell out of style a long time ago though.
>>
File: pvba5Ur.png (342 KB, 500x1007) Image search: [Google]
pvba5Ur.png
342 KB, 500x1007
>>26292932
This is timeline is correct.
Then there might not be a Pokémon Pearl and Diamond remake...
>>
>>26293510
Your picture shows just how they would do a sinnoh remake. Replace DP with Space Pearl Time Diamond, then the new games will be somewhere further in the history.
>>
>>26293655
>timeond
>spearl
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.