[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spoiler avoidance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1457447259205.png (691 KB, 877x1223) Image search: [Google]
1457447259205.png
691 KB, 877x1223
Any tips on how to avoid spoilers for the upcoming generation? Already seen the starters and the box mons obviously, but want to try and avoid any more so it will be my first time seeing the new Pokemon when I actually play the game, which I really haven't experienced since like gen III.

Obviously I'm going to start avoiding /vp, but I still want to go on sites like serebii. Any advice outside of totally avoiding all Poke related sites until November when the game come out?
>>
>Any advice outside of totally avoiding all Poke related sites until November when the game come out?
sorry to say but it's the only thing you can do
>>
>>26292913
I'm the same as you. Only Gen 3 was when I was exposed.
I promised myself in Gen V that I'd avoid, but I looked anyway. I promised myself Gen VI I would avoid, and I ended up seeing every Pokemon without realizing that was EVERY Pokemon in VI.

Now this Gen, I will truly avoid everything. I will avoid /vp/, I will avoid serebii, I will avoid bulbapedia, I will avoid Youtube

This is going to be a long and hard 6 months
>>
>>26292913
>/vp
Is this bait?
>>
>>26292949
I understand this may sound dumb, but there is no lway to just hide all images on Serebii or something. I am not very internet savvy, but there is like no chrome add ons I can use or something?

I understand if that sounds dumb, just trying to find something helpful. Serebii is like apart of my daily routine and it would suck having to try and avoid it.
>>
>>26293054
You could just bookmark a page that isn't the front page, and navigate the site from there without ever seeing the news articles.
>>
>>26293054
Why the fuck do you want to visit Serebii if you try to avoid spoilers?
>>
Since when did people care more about getting video games spoiled than actually playing them? Who fucking cares. You're like the retards who were shitting themselves over Uncharted 4 leaking early and people spoiling it. Grow up.
>>
>>26292913
Just avoid all Pokemon websites. I usually go an extra mile and disable all thumbnails, avatars and signatures from forums and boards like /v/ because that shit tends to get reposted there too.

t. spoiler avoiding pro
>>
>>26293305
Half the fun of playing the single player in Pokemon is the atmosphere of exploration. It made XY a better experience for me going in blind after the first reveals.

That said, people who go on 4chan and complain that they got spoiled on 4chan are dumb. If you honestly cared about spoilers, you'd realize you're going to have to give up interacting with its primary fanbases. Sites will ALWAYS discuss whatever they can. With pages like Serebii, only official info is likely to get posted to the main page (which with Pokemon these days is a lot of info), but any place where users can post will jump on any leak immediately. Because they're fans and spending all their time discussing everything they can get their hands on is what they do.

The only fool proof way to avoid spoilers is to just not go to the places their posted. It's like sex and abstinence. Sure, there are a lot of ways to still enjoy sex and avoid pregnancy, some nearly perfect. But the only actual way to avoid all spoilers is to avoid going to the places where they get posted. And the only way to never risk pregnancy at all is to not have sex.

These guys have the right idea if you still must go to the sites or forums, but again, you're probably going to see or read something you don't want to:
>>26293242
>>26293313
>>
>>26293265
I like their sunday POTW feature and they have news on event giveaways, and their game pages offer a ton of details. I'll probably do what >>26293242 suggested here.

>>26293305
I don't give a shit about Uncharted or story elements. I just remember liking the games as a kid more when I didn't know what to expect with the Pokemon. It led to more spontaneity with my mon choices and such.
>>
>>26292913
I dont know about you, but i go to serebii just to read about newest pokemon (now its sun/moon), I dont know what else is that site good for
>>
>>26292913
>>>r/pokemon
There you go!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.