[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>right now there are people comparing Solgaleo's design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11
File: entei.png (273 KB, 684x555) Image search: [Google]
entei.png
273 KB, 684x555
>right now there are people comparing Solgaleo's design to Entei
Literally why?

S&M cringe
>>
>Back in the old days Pokemon looked like this
>Now they look like this fucking overdesigned piece of shit
>>
>>26292721
Both a fire lions with face masks. Why the fuck would NOT compare you retarded piece of shit.
>>
>>26292721
Solgaleo is a better designi.
>Entei's no nose, no mane, and declawed paws
>>
Entei is not a lion

>no mane
>>
solgaleo looks cooler desu
>>
>Entei
>not Pyroar

Shitposters can't even shitpost right.
>>
>>26292786
entei is overdesigned shit. The legendary beasts started that shit
>>
>>26292798
Entei's a canine, senpai.
>>
>>26292721
They're both ancient lions.
baka desu senpai
>>
>>26292798
>fire
>not light
>>
Entei looks like a legendary Pokemon.

Solgaleo looks like a Zoid.
>>
File: 1463070095006.jpg (31 KB, 640x638) Image search: [Google]
1463070095006.jpg
31 KB, 640x638
>>26292844
>overdesigned
>>
Cringe? People already claiming Litten is a tiger cub because muh patterns despite its name being fucking Nyabby.
>>
>>26292915
the only solid "evidence" is the fact that the markings on its face are the kanji for king which is associated with Tigers.
>>
File: 1447131838369.png (104 KB, 274x304) Image search: [Google]
1447131838369.png
104 KB, 274x304
>lions look like lions

Wait, seriously?
>>
>>26292930
Looks more like the katakana キ to me. Ou is 王. Even resembles 工 more than that, I'd say. I don't think it's meant to be a character at all, though.
>>
>>26293025
>Ou is 王.
Grand Dad is a king?
>>
>>26292957
>>26292847
>Entei
>Lion

cmon guys
>>
File: tibetan mastiff.jpg (94 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tibetan mastiff.jpg
94 KB, 640x480
?
>>
>>26292915
I mean, it's striped.

Stupid pattern theory aside, the stripes at least give some basis for it to get a whole lot tigeryer. It's definitely just a housecat as Litten, but Pokémon can easily change species when evolving.
>>
>>26293100
What would you consider Entei? Serious question because I don't know
>>
Man I sure wonder why the design made in the era of 3D where shapes need to look interesting from all possible angles is more detailed than the one made for a game boy screen.
>>
>>26293148
A dog
>>
>>26293148
A very good question. I, personally, would consider Entei to be a pokémon.
>>
>>26293123
is there a dog that is possibly more red pilled than this
>>
>>26292721
I like it, it reminds me of the Liger Zoid
>>
>>26293156
The three Johto beasts are based on mythological japanese creatures; Raiju, Shiisa, and Kirin (Raiko, Entei, and Suicune respectively)
The Shiisa is a guardian lion-dog creature, so yes its a lion AND a dog.
>>
>>26292721
>there are people who still deny modern Pokemon are horribly overdesigned
>>
>>26293156

>Entei is based on Chinese guardian lions, or Lions of Foo, creatures that resemble fully grown male lions.
>>
>>26293162
You know what I meant smartass. Little chuckle though

>>26293156
I don't know really, could be either I think
>>
>>26293192
>there are still genwunners
>>
>>26293314
He's right though. Doesn't mean it's a bad thing.
>>
>>26292721
Who knows? It's clearly a white Pyroar.
>>
>>26292813
Why would he claw his paws ? that would'nt let him hug you
>>
>>26293371
>4 nonsense rings in the legs
>a cloud in the back.

Yeah, right,
>>
>>26293371
Idk man how many are you talkin about over-designed? Some are pretty simple even later on.
>>
>>26292721
It makes a lot more sense than Pyroar.
And look at it, how can you NOT see the differences?
>>
>>26293192
legendaries are always shit
>>
>>26292721
Entei is better designed imo
>>
>>26293485
I'll admit Entei isn't the best example but if you compare these two you can see how the designs slowly changed, once again not necessarily a bad thing.

>>26293501
Overdesigned might be a bad choice of words here because it is filled with negativity. I love a lot of the newer pokemon but it is quite obvious that the designs have taken a different path. Acceptable overdesign for me is this legendary and garchomp, while I think most megas are purely aimed at younger children.
Everyone has a personal line here what they find acceptable and I don't care where anyone elses is, the problem is people denying that it is a thing.
>>
>>26292721
its a copy of lee's galeon from beyblade G-revolution.
>>
>>26292871
Solgaleo would tear entei into pieces
>>
Entei looked a bit stupid.

This is coming from someone who believes pokemon went down hill after gen 2.
>>
>>26292721
>>
File: lhasa-apso-0156.jpg (31 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
lhasa-apso-0156.jpg
31 KB, 360x270
>>26294822
>>
>>26293192
I don't think anyone denies that..

Most people I meet irl agree with me.
>>
I think the better term would be "more detailed" instead. I actually don't think the majority of new Pokemon are overdesigned at all.

Come back to me when they start strapping mecha cannons and Katanas to their cyborg bodies digimon style, THEN we can talk about new Pokemon being "horribly overdesigned".
>>
>>26292915
Look, I really hate to break it to you, but tigers are cats.
>>
>>26292846
Entei is a lion you fucking pleb, all three of the legendary beasts are based on mythological feline gods.
>>
>>26292721
Solgaleo is clearly Entei's Sun
>>
>>26295678
>suicune
>feline
Are you retarded?
>>
Solgaleo looks like something from Duel Masters
>>
>>26295710
Jesus christ do your fucking research you god damn idiot. Suicune is based on the Shinto God of the Northern Wind, a deity that always wore leopard skin, as well as the Qilin, a mythological beast that can walk on water and is depicted as having traits of chinese dragons, unicorns, deer and big cats. Take a wild guess on which of these four beasts Suicune is based on. Protip: Leopards are big cats.
>>
>>26295678
>Legendary Dogs
>Felines
HOLY SHIT LOL
>>
>>26292721
Sun Legendary legitimately looks like it could be from Digimon. I like it but this is the first Pokemon that made me think this
>>
>>26295690
:^)
>>
>>26292721
It's mostly moonfags who can't accept sun got the better legendary.
>>
File: SUICUNE.png (599 KB, 1000x544) Image search: [Google]
SUICUNE.png
599 KB, 1000x544
PLSSSSSSS!!!
>>
>>26296192
Anything can be from digimon really, digimon's designs are very varied.
>>
>>26296246
fucking this
>>
>>26296189
They're called the Legendary Beasts, not "dogs" you idiot. Go back to elementary.
>>
>>26292721
I love them both. Couldn't be happier. I'm happy because of all the people who are mad for no reason too.
>>
>>26292721
I did it because I was assuming my friend was getting Sun because Solgaleo looks like Entei's dad or something. Getting Moon anyway even though "entay" was my first word.
>>
File: MingQilinDragonFish[1].jpg (80 KB, 600x575) Image search: [Google]
MingQilinDragonFish[1].jpg
80 KB, 600x575
>>26296169
Okay one, stop reading bulbapedia.
Two, wearing a leopard skin and being a leopard are two completely different things you retard using your logic Suicune looks like a humanoid wizard because that's what Fujin was depicted as
Three, the Qilin does NOT have any features of big cats in any depiction and due to the protruding snout of the dragon and the overall body shape it resembles a fucking dog more than it does a cat.

God you people are fucking retarded, learn your shit.

Pic related, this is apparently a cat even though it has no cat features at all.
>>
>>26292721
its more like Pyroar mixed with Arceus
>>
>>26296395
THIS
Its totally a fusion of those two pokes.
>>
>>26296189

hm
>>
This a shitty recycle of a shitty fire type. Pyroar GTFO
>>
>>26296373
>based on = it must be exactly the same thing!!!
Correct me if I'm wrong but there ain't no fucking desert wasteland in france
>>
I think solgaleo might be the best designed legendary ever
>>
>>26296488
>>based on = it must be exactly the same thing!!!
Take your own advice there retard.
>>
>>26296488
Yeah and Suicune has fuck all from cats what does that tell you?
>>
>>26296373
>wearing a leopard skin and being a leopard are two completely different things
Not when you're using the mythological deities as a BASE for the Pokémon. It's not the first time they've based a Pokémon off of a humanoid deity's connection to an animal.

And since you didn't do your fucking research, let me tell you that the cat features lies in its hair, mane and tail. There exists multiple depictions of it, some without manes, some with. So yes, there IS a connection between it and big cats. Besides, this isn't even something you can fucking argue. It's a mythological creature that has existed for thousands of years, it doesn't matter if it LOOKS like a cat of its DESCRIBED as one in the texts it originates from.

And god fucking damnit, learn to use your fucking logic. Entei is based on a lion and Raikou is based on a tiger. Unlike Suicune, this is VERY clear in their designs. So, you have a trio consisting of two big cats, and a third that is a dog?? Even though it's based on mythology surrounding a leopard-wearing god and a chimerical creature with the mane and tail of a cat??
>>
File: Solgaleo.png (165 KB, 708x320) Image search: [Google]
Solgaleo.png
165 KB, 708x320
Stop Lysandre no Genesect v2
>>
>>26292798
>not cosmic type
>>
>>26292859
>>26296622
I wish, but alas we don't know and the chances are slim after Fairy's recent introduction.
>>
suicune is different has own cover that makes it different = you not necessarily need to be a feline
>>
>>26296372
How old are you?
>>
Fire/Fairy
>>
>>26296727
19. Entei didn't exist yet, I was actually trying to say elephant.
>>
>>26292721
Look at Molly's picture book from the third movie.
The resemblance is uncanny.
>>
>>26296585
>It's not the first time they've based a Pokémon off of a humanoid deity's connection to an animal.
There hasn't though you retard. If it has then it's either a major part of the deity as in a weapon or magical item or the deity is actually the animal. It doesn't help your argument that Suicune doesn't have any traits at ALL from any big cats let alone that specific one.

>let me tell you that the cat features lies in its hair, mane and tail
You utter retard, they come from a chinese dragon dumbass if you hadn't noticed they have those exact features and look exactly like the ones present on the Qilin. Cats don't even have similar tails to that of the Qilin.
You can't even say the whiskers come from cats either because they're from a fucking carp.
>of its DESCRIBED as one in the texts it originates from.
It has never, in recorded history, EVER been described as a cat.
A Giraffe? Yes
A Dragon? Yes
A Deer? Yes
But a cat? No, no one has ever called it a cat and it doesn't come up anywhere in it's descriptions ever that said it's never been called a dog either but the Qilin has more of a resemblance to a dog that it ever will a cat.

>learn to use your fucking logic
Take your own advice here faggot.
There's not a single part of Suicune that looks like a cat. None of the other beasts matter here because we're talking about Suicune.
That said the other beasts have traits from both cats AND dogs making them an amalgamation of animals as opposed to just one, however, in Suicune the dog element is much more present than anything else.

>Even though it's based on mythology surrounding a leopard-wearing god and a chimerical creature with the mane and tail of a cat??
You can't even do a minimal amount of research on the thing you're talking about can you.

Just fuck off anon, if you don't know about these things don't make your self look like a retard by acting like you do.
>>
>>26292859
Light would be the exact same thing as fairy. There is no point. Cosmic however would be a good choice for a new type.
>>
Lion or not they are both swole beast Kings with similar mask like faces.
>>
>>26296840
>That said the other beasts have traits from both cats AND dogs making them an amalgamation of animals as opposed to just one
Fucking this.
Raikou has hooves and deer-like legs while the body is a saber tooth tiger.
Entei has the build of a dog but the face and legs of a lion
Suicune has a face and build of a dog, and a mane similar to a chinese dragon.

They're beasts, not cats, not dogs.
Beasts.
>>
>>26297005
/thread
>>
File: Solgaleo.png (131 KB, 708x320) Image search: [Google]
Solgaleo.png
131 KB, 708x320
>>26296609
FTFY
>>
>>26296585
>And since you didn't do your fucking research, let me tell you that the cat features lies in its hair, mane and tail
Okay just stop anon, bulbapedia's trivia sections are known for being made up bullshit. And that's an example of such.

The Kirin has no parts from a cat at all.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.