[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you use your masterball on, /vp/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: masterball.png (64 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
masterball.png
64 KB, 200x199
What did you use your masterball on, /vp/ ?
>>
The box legend because I wanted the fight over with
>>
I always end up saving mine fo that one special legendary but never end up using in
>>
I never use it. I only have one. What if I need it later?
>>
File: image.png (152 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
152 KB, 500x500
>>
>>26292677
Something I wanted to add my team but was difficult to catch. Fearow.
>>
>>26292677
a magicarp. every time.
>>
The only time I used a master ball, it was in Fire Red, on Mewtwo. I just for the life of me could not catch the son of a bitch otherwise.
>>
File: Gen 7 Champ.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
Gen 7 Champ.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
This big boy right here.
>>
>>26292704
>>
File: Masterballs.png (7 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Masterballs.png
7 KB, 240x160
>>26292677
I never said that, I only have one Masterball.
>>
File: 22.png (59 KB, 260x240) Image search: [Google]
22.png
59 KB, 260x240
>>26292730
>>
>>26292733
That's pretty good, I used mine for tentacool
>>
>>26292677
My first one on a Donphan in Silver
Never used another one i think, maybe on Rayquaza, can't remember
>>
>>26292677
Zubat.
>>
First time round... Pidgeotto

In fairness I took the story dialogue literally. When the Silph CEO said it wasn't in stores "yet" I thought that meant it would be at some point.
>>
>>26292677
I used my first ever Master ball on a Ditto in Red because I am actually retarded
>>
Your heart.
>>
>>26292825
lmfao
>>
zapdos in pokemon xd
>>
I just save it for any random shiny I might encounter
>>
File: 250px-061Poliwhirl.png (58 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-061Poliwhirl.png
58 KB, 250x250
First time ever used a masterball.
>>
>>26292677
Tyranitar in Coliseum
Lugia in XD
Rayylmao in Emerald
Mesprit in Platinum
Didn't use it in HG
Genies in BW
Didn't use them in W2
Zygarde in X
Deoxys in AS
Didn't use it in OR.
>>
Mewtwo
>>
>>26292740
beat me to it
>>
R/B/Y: Mewtwo
G/S/C: Raikou/Suicune. Entei got caught like a bitch
R/S/E: Rayquaza
D/P/Pt: Giratina
HG/SS: Mewtwo
B/W: Kyuurem
B2/W2: None
X/Y: None

When I realized I could just spam pokeballs and catch anything with no effort, I stopped caring about the Master Ball. I make sure to catch Mewtwo in a regular pokeball every time now.
>>
I use the masterball for RNG abuse.
That being told, I don't use them to keep pokémon, just to store them temporarily
>>
I think in RBY I always ended up using it one one if the legendary birds even though I wanted to save it for mewtwo. I also got really sick of chasing latios and used on him too. Also, shiny Houndoom in platinum. Those are the only instances I can think of using them
>>
>>26292677
XY didn't use it,legendaries were so easy to catch
Caught Yveltal on the 3rd ultra ball
Mewtwo on the 2nd Duskball
Moltres on 3rd duskball
Zygarde on 4th duskball

I bought 30 duskballs and ultraballs thinking it was actually going to be a challenge, battles were over in minutes.
>>
>>26293606
kind of this. I use pokeballs on all legendaries cause screw it.
>>
Shiny coreslea in Pokémon silver. Was the 1st time I used it.
>>
I save mine just in case I run into a shiny.I hope the next legends are as tough to catch as primal groudon
>>
>>26292677
Roaming Legendaries.

I like catching pokemon like mewtwo. I don't care how many tries it takes. I want to chase roaming pokemon around too but I'm paranoid about glitches. The thing I would use a masterball on other than a roaming pokemon is a shiny that is about to die.
>>
File: MissingNo..png (117 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
MissingNo..png
117 KB, 560x560
>>
I currently have 2 in X, saving for shinies if I ever encounter them. I only use Pokeballs otherwise because I'm a fucking autist.
>>
I haven't used it in years, I catch everything in Pokeballs and everything else like team members and shinies in Premier Balls. Maybe if I ever find a shiny abra unexpected I will use it
>>
>>26292730
kek
>>
>>26292677

Nothing.

It's an ugly Pokeball.
>>
A lairon
>>
>>26292677
i never use them

i never use any ball except the standard pokeball because i'm anal and want my team be uniform.

it makes catching pokemon unnecessarily difficult.
>>
>>26292677
My first masterball was used on Moltres back in RBY (I forget which one of the three).

My most recent one was on Deoxys in AS.
>>
Usually I reserved the Master Ball for powerful post-game legends like Mewtwo, Rayquaza and Giratina, but just the other day I found myself using it on a roaming Raikou in SoulSilver while I was catching shitmons to trade my Diamond buddies to it and then up to gen V and Pokébank. I thought "I'm gonna erase the save anyway as soon as I transfer all the pokémon over, so why not?".
>>
File: Pika_at_computer.jpg (102 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Pika_at_computer.jpg
102 KB, 900x675
>Gen I: sat in bag due to always saving it and never using it
>Gen II: sat in bag due to always saving it and never using it
>Gen III: sat in bag due to always saving it and never using it
>Gen IV: sat in bag due to always saving it and never using it
>Gen V: sat in bag due to always saving it and never using it
>Gen VI: farmed them from winning the Lumiose/Lilycove Lottery constantly due to abusing WT and having 10+ boxes of alt OT#'s, Wonder trading them back out on breeding rejects
>>
>>26292677
oh you mean all 99 of them? everything.... muwahahah
>>
File: face2.png (853 KB, 934x655) Image search: [Google]
face2.png
853 KB, 934x655
I lost my first masterball in a mystery gift.
>>
>>26292677
Usually the first thing I encounter after getting it.
>>
>>26295314
>WTing them away
>on breeding rejects

You're a good man Charlie Brown.
>>
>>26292677
Never use it. It just sits in my bag. Real men use Poké/Premier balls for everything.
>>
I first used a Master Ball on a Lugia, and only because I lost all my other pokeballs trying to catch them.
>>
>>26292677
The first time I ever used it was on a Skarmory in Crystal. My friend told me that it was super hard to catch.

Thanks, Blake.
>>
A fucking Ditto in Gen 1. That little piece of shit.

I caught mewtwo just fine but that FUCKER COULDNT EVER STAND STILL YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

OBEY MEEEE.
>>
A Metang in black 2
Ran out of balls and thought it would take forever if I killed it and tried to look for a different one
>>
>>26296404
caught a level 65 metang in black, took me a good hour for me to catch it with dusk ball, even though i had paralyzed it and it was at 1 health it still refused to be caught, must of went through at least 20 duskballs, then the next day i went back looking for other mons and ran into lvl 55 metagross and caught it within 5 balls
>>
The box legendaries
>>
I don't.

Pleb
>>
Groudon in OR as I didn't want to spend a long time resetting for it and it wasn't like I could catch Mewtwo again anyway.
>>
I was a total retard so my first one went to a useless Ditto. I have no idea why.
My second playthrough I used it on Snorlax. Still shit but getting a little better.
Then in Yellow I used it on Zapdos.

For Gold I have an interesting story to go with it.
I was on the route south of Goldenrod training pokemon when I suddenly run into Raikou for the first time. I had no idea what a Raikou was and got surprised when it ran away.
Without leaving the route, I decided to try to find it again. My very next encounter was Entei, which I tossed my master ball at and caught.
Never did catch that Raikou though.

I think I stopped using master balls after that unless I had spares, which went to roaming legendaries.
>>
>>26292677
I often forget to even use it
>>
>>26297011
This. Not using it is point of pride now.

I did once play through B2 and used it so I could soft-reset the IV spread for Latios.
>>
Jynx, because I wasn't paying attention to what ball I was using and saved the game to take a break right afterwards.
>>
>>26296682
>>26296404
As someone who used his Masterball on Colosseum's Metagross (not out of desperation, it was just my favourite Pokémon, and that particular one stayed my bro for years), I appreciate you two!
>>
File: onrubydunnowhy.png (587 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
onrubydunnowhy.png
587 KB, 1280x1280
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.