[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 170x128) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 170x128
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/do-we-really-need-more-pokemon/#
>>
>>26289768
>Black and White
>not as good as RBY
Talk about shit taste.

>"this one line of pokemon is literally just ice cream with eyes"
As opposed to sludge with eyes.

Genwunners are the cancer killing the human gene pool.
>>
>>26289792
Literally this. Genwunners need to die.
>>
No! Kantowunners are all wrong!
>>
>>26289768
Of course we do, especially in this age where games are devoid of color and wonder.
>>
File: 1423674903891.jpg (58 KB, 450x597) Image search: [Google]
1423674903891.jpg
58 KB, 450x597
>This is a fair point, but it also stills stands that, regardless of the quality of their designs, there are too many Pokemon for younger players to feasibly bother catching. There are always exceptions of course, but 721 seems too ambitious for the vast majority of gamers, younger ones included.
>>
>>26289805
>>26289792
You have to be 18 or older to post here guys.
>>
>>26289792
genwunners are one thing, but after reading this post i conclude that this is yet another shitty clickbait article pretty much identical to the hundreds of others that have been posted on this site
>>
>>26289840
It is, don't waste your time on it.

>>26289830
;) 25
>>
>>26289830
Please we all know that genwunners are delusional to the highest degree.
Especially if they talk about designs considering gen one had the least inspired designs.
>>
>>26289848
>least inspired
There's no need to be contrarian just for the sake of sticking it to those mean genwunners, anon.
>>
>>26289848

Wow, you seem to be pretty mad.
>>
>>26289768
this is a spicy clickbait you have there
>>
>>26289768
i've never seen a more punchable face in my life

also, dumb article is dumb with regurgitated stupid opinions on pokemon designs
>>
>>26289830
You have to play Pokémon to post here.

Talking about your memories of the cartoon from 15 years ago doesnt count.
>>
Man, I wish I got paid to troll, I'd be set for life
>>
The number of pokemon is fine, but when you couple it with the amount of event pokemon it does get a bit demoralising.

If you do go into a game being told 'there are 721 things to collect, the aim of the game is to collect them all but because you missed these dates you can only get about 700 of them' then there's less of an incentive
>>
>Ain't nobody got time for that.

He literally wrote this. Tell me why would anyone take this guys blog post seriously after that.
Also, with 721 Pokémon, if you don't want to get them all, you don't have to.
I thought the "Gotta catch em all" thing was dropped years ago, I can't even remember the last time I saw that, for me, Pokémon is less about catching Pokémon and filling my dex and more about a pleasant journey through a new region, as with any RPG, you get to explore shit and meet new Pokémon.
I just get the Pokemons I like, I don't feel the need to get them all.
>>
>>26289962
This.

Bet that article gets an insane ammount of clicks.
>>
>>26289768
i aint clickin that shit nigga
>>
Shitskins should be playing Pokemon anyway.
>>
>>26289768
"Is he/she /they right" is worse click bait than Buzzfeed
>>
>>26290020
>not catching them all
enjoy your ban
>>
>>26289768
>As with many millennial gamers, I have so many fond memories of playing Pokemon. It started with 1998's "Red and Blue"...

You obviously won't enjoy the games the same way you did as a kid, dumbass. You now know how things work.
>>
This is cancer
>>
Clickbait article.

It doesn't matter what we "need", Pokémon is Nintendo's #1 handheld franchise, they're not just going to quit making it when it's still selling like hotcakes, anymore than they'll quit making Mario games.
>>
>>26289768

Do we really need mixed race pseudo-journalists?
>>
>>26289792
>shit designs from recent gens are justified because past gens had them too
retard
>>
File: what.png (116 KB, 295x360) Image search: [Google]
what.png
116 KB, 295x360
>being this much of a retarded genwunner
>>
>>26289768
Not gonna read it, but
>do we really need
We never needed them to begin with, but if Pokemon is continuing new Pokemon also need to be made to make the new game be a new game, since collecting new pokemon is literally the game's plot.

Plus, when R/B came out I was like... 7 years old and I caught 150 pokemon/finished the game 100% in about 12 hours play time, so he can jog on if he thinks it's impossible to catch them all. His argument is probably "I'm too lazy to catch more pokemon and I don't want there to be new ones because it makes it harder for me to pretend I know about pokemon to be a cool le 90s kid".

>>26289848
>inspired designs
Is this the new meaningless buzzword/term?
You do realise that it makes absolutely no sense, right?
>>
>>26289768
LITERALLY a genwunner
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.