[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else just not feeling these starters? Don't exactly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 1390336658708.gif (2 MB, 517x400) Image search: [Google]
1390336658708.gif
2 MB, 517x400
Anyone else just not feeling these starters? Don't exactly hate them, they just don't quite appeal to me, any of them.
>mfw I first saw the trailer.
>>
>>26286775
Not every generation's going to appeal to everyone, and that's ok.
I loved Gen 5's starters, but some people straight up hated them.
Long as you aren't an ass about it, like what you like and dislike what you dislike.
>>
they look like the typical zerudez style fakemon you'd find on deviantart.
>>
>>26286807

/thread
>>
>>26286775
I like Rowlett, but Litten is literally just a cat and Popplio just looks like a generic fakemon.
>>
>>26286775
None of the starters except maybe Rowlett look like they belong to Pokemon, but I'll hold my judgement until the final forms are revealed.
>>
Yeah, I ain't much of a fan either. Like, Chespin grew on me, but that's because I liked the knight bit in the knight/mage/thief trio that it came. I can't imagine the same sorta deal with this lot and I don't care for a clown sea lion, some weird oily cat, and an owl.

I wish one of them was more reptilian because that's normally my go to, but that hasn't happened since Snivy.
>>
They're some of the best starters we've had.

4>5=1>7>2=3>6
>>
Sucks to be you, dude. Not even trying to be an ass.

I've been there. For YEARS. This is the first time since Gold and Silver that I've honestly loved all three starters. I saw those three in the catalog when I woke up and just sat up in bed going "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh OHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT YEEEEEAAAHHHH!"

The point is, I know exactly how you feel, and it's a shitty place to be man. Last gen I had to force myself to like ANY of the starters, the gen before I only half-liked Tepig. I guess starters as a group are just hit-or-miss for some people.
>>
File: 1306124386771.jpg (488 KB, 1240x1000) Image search: [Google]
1306124386771.jpg
488 KB, 1240x1000
>>26287075
1=2=7>3>4>>>5=6
this is the only way
>>
It's the opposite for me, first time i've been hyped for a starter since gen 3 and first time Ive liked all three starters since gen 1
>>
>>26287211
Swap 4 and 3 and you're correct
>>
I'm pretty neutral on all of them, but kinda warming up to Rowlet

Most other gens I've loved one of the starters immediately
>>
>>26286775
Like alot of others, I like the owl and that's about it. The cat thing looks so fucking bland, but I guess it could evolve into something cool maybe?

Don't even get me started on that doofy ass looking seal though....
>>
>>26286775

Felt that way about Gen 5.
Love all of these Gen 7 starters.

Fuck off, OP.
>>
Yeah, I'm not feeling them. I don't always like the starters but I usually don't question whether they even look like Pokemon. Even though XY only had a few new ones they were all pretty great compared to how bad Unova was, so I'm a little worried we're sliding back into fakemon territory.
>>
>>26286775

I feel pretty apathetic about Litten and Polio, but I've really warmed up to Rowlett and he's easily my favorite of the trio. Would shouldermon.

Maybe (hopefully) our opinions will change when the final evos get leaked/revealed within the next few months.
>>
>>26286775
I had this on third gen.
>>
>>26286775

Same, none of them really clicks for me. Then again I might have odd taste since I like the whole fennekin line
>>
>>26286775
Can't be worse than gen6, that was some awful shit.
>>
>>26287405
Trust me, you'll love Litten when it's waifubait evos come out you furfag.
>>
>>26286775
Individualy Rowlet and Litten are pretty good but they don't mesh well as a trio.

Based on the first forms alone XY starters left a much better impression.
>>
>>26287443

>he likes a line the internet deemed as furbait, there is no doubt he's a furfag

I'm sorry, can you run that logic by me again? I'm not getting it.
>>
>>26286775
You're likely just getting older and more cynical.
>>
>>26287211
1=2=3=4=5=6=7=∞
>>
>>26287625
He did say "...I might have odd taste since..." and referred directly to the Fennekin line. It's not much of a stretch to think they like what most people in these situations "like" about the line.
>>
>>26286775
im just happy we got some game info. it wasnt as bad waiting for XY, but it was pretty tense

the wild mons will probably be better.
>>
They look great.
Couldn't be any happier.
>>
Grass is cool, the other two are kind of shitty, but I'm reserving judgment until we see their final forms
>>
>>26286775
Same here. They all feel like fakemon. They're all so simple and blatant with their designs; they look like something a kid would doodle in their notebook. I don't get how /vp/ is in love with them. I honestly wish I could say I was excited, but they all seem so uninteresting.

Then, on the other side of the spectrum, the legendaries' designs are way too busy. Also, they look more like man-made pokemon than celestial beings.

Overall it leaves me with a feeling of dread. I don't have a lot of faith in this generation's pokemon if this is what they're starting with.
>>
>>26286775
Rowlett is smugleaf tier
>>
File: tmp_13467-english163577345.jpg (69 KB, 500x471) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13467-english163577345.jpg
69 KB, 500x471
>>26288270

All I meant was not a lot of people like all 3 stages of the fennekin line
>>
I liked the sea lion and cat when I first saw them. Owl did/does nothing for me since they kinda creep me out but I don't hate it
>>
>>26286775
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>26286775
I'd say wait until their final evolutions are leaked to actually say they don't appeal to you. But at the same time I understand why you said that.
>>
>>26286775
All but the owl look like they're low-effort fakemons. I hope that the second and third evos are redeemable but god they're awful this time.
>>
>>26288891

Oh god this, so very this.
>>
>>26289494
Ziza from dofus
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.