[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So which universe is stronger? Pokémon or Yo-Kai Watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: Yokai-Watch_Pokemon.jpg (119 KB, 900x338) Image search: [Google]
Yokai-Watch_Pokemon.jpg
119 KB, 900x338
So which universe is stronger? Pokémon or Yo-Kai Watch?
>>
File: ayatorisama.png (306 KB, 599x312) Image search: [Google]
ayatorisama.png
306 KB, 599x312
>>26281728
Pokemon has Arceus the creator of all or some shit like that, supported by a bunch of other legendaries that made everything else.
Yo-kai Watch has deities/gods of various kinds responsible for whatever, usually without moderation. The one that's most powerful is Ayatorisama, who controls the fates of all living things and actions with the strings she manipulates with the strings spun by her wheel and fingers.

Pokemon is probably a stronger universe than Pokemon power-wise, though I'm not sure if legendaries can come back to life on their own.
>>
Never played Yo-kai Watch, so I can't answer your question for shit.
But don't you think in the community that you're asking there'd be a unfair skew towards one of the asnwers? Namely, Pokemon in this case.
>>
File: God.jpg (10 KB, 223x225) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
10 KB, 223x225
Trick question.

SMT stomps them both.
>>
>>26282086
>Pokemon is probably a stronger universe than Pokemon
Anon
>>
>>26282442
oh. Well shit.
tl;dr
Pokemon verse> Yokai verse. Doesn't take rebirth into factor
>>26282378
this is also a valid point as well.
>>
What an unbiased place to ask that question.
>>
My general understanding of 'mon sereis so far is that
SMT>Digimon>Pokemon in terms of power.

Knowing next to nothing about Yokai watch, Pokemon has solid contenders with the Gev 4 Ubers, as each of them is basically a god in their own right. Yokai Watch would have to have at least a comparable number of such monsters to compete. Digimon has far more such beasties than Pokemon, hence its higher power rating.
Arceus is a creation god, not an omnipotent one, regardless of its ability in Pokemon Conquest. Similarly, even the strongest of Digimon's god-like entities are only absolute gods over a limited sphere of reality. SMT has, well, capital God, the YHVH meister himself, and things that can at least put up a fight against it, hence its highest ranking.

If Yokai Watch has at least 5 or 6 Palkia/Dialga tier godlike entities, it stands a reasonable chance of winning against pokemon. If Yokai Watch has a true omnipotance-level God-like entity, then it might win against SMT, though the sheer number of powerful creatures would make that an uphill battle for such a young series. SMT has decades of demons to call upon for minions and cannon fodder.
>>26282086
>Ayatorisama
Again, knowing next to nothing about Yokai Watch, This Ayatorisoma character seems to have power over fate, which is a limited (though powerful) sphere of influence, meaning it probably isn't Omnipotance level.

Without knowing any other Yokai 'mons, Dialga seems like a solid counter to this Ayatorisama. Time manipulation could be used to circumvent fate as desired. Provided that these are actual, physical strings she uses and indeed relies on, well, those strings are made of matter, and matter is Palkia's forte as well. Palkia or Dialga both have a reasonable kit for taking this thing out, unless there are feats or abilities to the contrary that I am unaware of. If this thing has ANY feats or abilities beyond mention in that post, then I am unaware of them.
>>
>>26281728

>Pokemon has demiurges, gods of time/space/antimatter/ leviathans and behemoths and ozone dragons, genetically engineered psychics and amorphous missing links, Guardians of sea and sky, Embodiments of truth, ideals and the balancing of forces, guardians/apocalypse riders of people and embodiment of the very land itself.
>In between there's birds of storm, blizzard and magma, their Foo lion reincarnations, jet plane psychic dragons, Golems created from tough base elements and their Alchemical immortal master, psychic mediators of universal constants, embodiments of dreams and nightmares, bringer of spring flowers, another guardian of the sea, time travellers, wish makers, embodiments of a single fiery will, Equine and bovine soldiers of nature, mecha elemental cricket and a goddamn actual genie that can summon all these fuckers for shits and giggles.
>Not counting dharma spirits, prehistoric monsters, santa claus, magnetic carnivourous monsters, bipedal land sharks, sentient infinite energy mechanical engines, and fae and ghosts of all varieties
>To top it all off, there's an asshole artist pokemon that can master every single trick these fuckers have.

I like yo-kai watch, but you've skewed it a little here.
>>
>>26283477
So it's like Pokémon vs Digimon, only Pokémon is the one handing out the curbstomp?
>>
i mean, pokemon has some pretty impressive egendaries, but in youkai watch, every single youkai has an imense legendary power backing it up, so it's got more powerhouses per average

YW youkai and SMT demons are on par in terms of power since they're basically the same creatures, but YW youkai's goofy personalities and kinder nature make them less of a threat

Digimon are kind of hard to gauge because they all have lore that says their attacks have the force of 100 nuclear explosions, and that they can eat universes and whatnot, but since they're just programmed data-beings it's unknown how much of that is the real deal and how much is just their programmer's boasting
>>
>>26281728
Kamen Rider Gaim.
>>
>>26284717
so basically what i'm saying is
Digimon = Legendary Pokemon > Demons > Youkai > average pokemon
>>
>>26284744
Different legendary Pokemon have different power levels anon. Ones like Lugia would eat MetalGreymon for breakfast but would get annihilated by WarGreymon who would in turn get its shit kicked in by Primal Groudon and so on and so forth.
>>
>>26284513
The pokeverse can stomp the digiverse trainer vs digidestined, since pokehumans are way stronger and more durable than regular humans, but a lot of people ignore this fact.
And it's why deathbattle is bullshit
>>
>>26284744
>Demons being lesser than digimons
Kek
Remember "demons" are basically other gods aside from YHVH so they are pretty much in another league than your regular spirit.
>>
>>26284843
Zeedmilleniummon would take something from SMT to beat it.
>>
>>26284843
They used the Origins Red who doesn't have the feats Ash does.

Plus digidestined have some superhuman feats of their own. Not saying Tai would beat Ash (which I don't think he would at all) but they're not pushovers either.
>>
>>26284871
if the trainer beats the shit out of the digidestined the digimon reverts to its basic form, so yeah...
>>
>Yo-Kai Watch so irrelevant in power levels the thread devolves into discussion about Digimon/SMT/Pokémon instead

So much for the "Pokémon killer"
>>
>Yo Kai Watch

why do you guys even bother with Pokemon knockoffs? Now it's this shit, but before it was Digimon, and Yugioh, and whatever else they churned out to cash in on Pokemania

Even as a kid all I could ever think when I saw these was how much of a rip they were and how they just made me want to play the real thing.
>>
>>26284904
They are incoherent imbeciles, superman is an amalgamation of all its canon but they purposefully low balled red to be a weakling, when other normal humans in the pokeverse (namely in the ashnime) show amazing feats of strength (like professor elm holding larvitar with ease, same with ash and his shouldermons) and origins red still has durability feat of resisting charizard's impact and origins green showed that for a origins human to be harmed (broken arm) it needed the strength of the strongest mon, mewtwo. So yeah, I'm a bit salty about that.
>>
>>26284968
Tai technically beat up on a bunch of weaker champion level Digimon (who were probably around Agumon strength) after sneaking up on them.

Origins Mewtwo doesn't really have any real feats to measure anyway.

Gotta like how they mentioned "Mega Charizard going toe to toe with the weather trio" and not even bothering to mention that was Alans Charizard.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 443x332
>>26285018
Ashnime humans are insanely strong, though, they don't even break a sweat from things like pic related.
>>
>>26284957
Yugioh was never a rip of Pokemon. It was cashing in on the Magic hype train.

It was always just "get some strong ass demons, dragons and waifus and make them fight". The only thing that shares with Pokemon is the dragons.
>>
playing both games i dont feel like they are even comparable.

gameplay and tone are entirely different.
>>
>>26284957
Here's your you.

No way people actually think YW is a rip-off.

If you're shitposting, that's great have fun. Because you'd literally have to either have autism or be underaged to believe it.
>>
I'm glad Yo-Kai bombed in the west, and is quickly fading into obscurity like Digimon did.

I may just be biased and riding the Pokémon hype train, but I just cant stand lazy knock-offs.

And Yo-Kai has some of the worst designs I have ever seen.

EVERYTHING IS MELTING LIKE IT'S MADE OF GLUE: THE GAME
>>
>>26285162

>battling monsters

>comes out at the height of pokefever

They may have wanted the Magic audience too, but let's be real here it's a pokemon ripoff
>>
>>26281728
Nate would win an all-out fight. He has advantage in numbers and the fact that his Yokai dont need to fight
>>
>>26285228
Autism: the post.

Made my day though, thank you for the laugh.
>>
>>26285269
youre welcome
>>
>>26285237
EVERYTHING is a Pokemon rip-off.

Every play Sly Cooper? LITERALLY a pokemon rip-off. Fuck Sony for copying GF.

Ever play Halo? Fucking Microsoft copied GF there too.

You ever eat candy? POKEMON RIPOFF
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-24-20h20m53s69.png (503 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-24-20h20m53s69.png
503 KB, 640x480
>>26285244
That depends on if Nates Yo-Kai are even strong enough to harm the pokehumans who can tank attacks from Pokemon who can obliterate large buildings.

Stats have to be taken into account here.
>>
>>26285237
You know Yugioh didn't even start as a card game, right?

It started as a manga where niggas were just having shadow bets. Like "you can steal this watch if you avoid this guillotine which would cut your arm off" and didn't involve monsters at all until the tabletop chapters.

This is like saying Pokemon's a ripoff of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers because they both involve animals.
>>
>>26285338
>expecting underaged redditors to know any of this
>>
>>26282086
that thing looks lame as fug
>>
>>26285202
Yeah, totally shit posting. Yokai Watch totally isn't a garbage Pokémon rip off for 6 year olds or anything.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Ks59XGThg
Literally SMT vs pokemon legends and YW "gods"
>>
File: 1450777287245.png (275 KB, 576x648) Image search: [Google]
1450777287245.png
275 KB, 576x648
>>26285543
>disabled by the video owner
>>
>>26285520
You're completely right, it isn't.

It's a genuinely good series that's nothing like Pokemon.

Glad you're intelligent enough to understand.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.