[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Considering Gen 6 was filled to the brim with nostalgia pandering,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Considering Gen 6 was filled to the brim with nostalgia pandering, why didn't Cynthia appear again in XY or ORAS?
>>
>>26280909
saving her big return for the gen 4 remake prolly
>>
>>26280951
That's still not until gen 8
>>
>>26280981
True.
>only 2 more games this gen
D/P remakes will probably be on a new system (NX?) immediately after Sun/Moon
>>
No need to disgrace Her with a chibi model and a babby mode Gen 6 team.
>>
>>26280909
Because her hair in 3D is too hard for Game Freak.
>>
File: Cynthia coat spam.jpg (191 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
Cynthia coat spam.jpg
191 KB, 500x667
They tried to condense Cynthia into a chibi sprite.

...And they couldn't bear the responsibility of loosing it upon the poor, ignorant world.
>>
>>26280909

>Bringing the champion of what was probably the hardest set of games along with Black/White 1, and anything genius sorority made, into XY.

Same applies for ORAS. I'm willing to bet there's a fair few people in game freak who have different opinions on what should be prioritised in a pokemon game, considering the divergence of the remakes and new games in the same gen.

For instance, HGSS was all bells and whistles, but DP was actually functional without a stupid level curve for wild pokemon and trainers and Pt put the necessary bells and whistles on.

FRLG made Kanto larger with the Sevii Islands, but added very little postgame outside that team rocket thing that amounts to nothing, while Emerald was only slightly bigger but had trainer tower, the battle facilities, competitions, all the event functionalities, foreign pokemon in the safari zone.

ORAS felt that it should have interesting locations that didn't need to be too deep. XY felt that they should put french cafes everywhere, and pretended all the waitresses were on American wages and thus needed tips to live.

You know, usual creative differences.
>>
becasue bringing one of the most if not the most strongest trainer from older games to a hand holding game like XY/oras is just asking for trouble and even more casualization for future games because casuals cant git gud

fuck anon in bw2 she almost rekt my shit because i didnt expect her
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 187x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 187x293
>>26281036
>people still think the NX is anything but a home console
>>26281082
>muh gen 6 boogeyman
I don't remember Steven having a dumbed down team. Oh yeah that's right, he didn't.
>>
>>26281527
It was a remake so they just copypasted his old team, only swapping off attack moves because of the Phy/Spe split and giving Metagross a mega stone.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.