[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Gen 6 is over, what are your thoughts on it? What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 23
File: Pokemon-X-Y.jpg (122 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-X-Y.jpg
122 KB, 600x320
Now that Gen 6 is over, what are your thoughts on it? What's your favorite pokémon from it? Favorite feature?
>>
>>26279423
I honestly don't know what my favorite 'mon was from it. There are a lot I like equally and I can't think of a favorite. And megas were pretty badass. Plus 3D.
>>
Weedy Sea Dragon Dragalge, diagonal movement.
>>
>>26279423
Sylveon

Get one with the HA and throw an assault vest on it, Best special tank.
>>
>>26279423
My favorites were Greninja and Aegislash in terms of new pokemon, and Mega Mawile, Blaziken, Sceptile, Gallade, Rayquaza, as well as Primal Groudon in terms of forms
for features, I really liked super training, dexnav, and soar. While its great that Customization is back, I would have gladly given it up if it meant getting Dexnav and/or Soar back.
>>
>>26279423
>Favorite Pokemon
Noivern hands down
>Favorite Feature
Customization
>>
It felt bland as fuck
>>
Customization and that lil Panda cutie poke and his evolved formed are baller.
>>
>>26279423
now that its over i can safely say it sucked ass
>>
I hate literally every NPC and a lot of the gameplay changes

I love literally every new Pokemon

Story was garbo and yet was the focus, battles were easy modo, tons and tons of weird mistakes on Gamefreak's part, I don't really like Mega Evolution that much

I liked Trainer Customization tho
>>
>>26279423
S Rank:
>Dedenne
A Rank:
>Amaura
>Aurorus
>Bergmite
>Bunnelby
>Chespin
>Espurr
>Flabébé
>Floette
>Florges
>Goomy
>Pumpkaboo
>Quilladin
>Swirlix
>Xerneas
>>
>>26279423
I will honestly miss it, Xerneas and Yveltal were the most aestheticly pleasing legendaries to date, and it introduced so many pokemon that I love.
>>
>>26279423
Klefki

the movement
>>
>>26279423
Aegislash

Megas
>>
>>26279619
I really enjoy my taste. You probably enjoy your taste. Lots of people probably think your taste is shit just like you think mine is.
>>
File: giveheryoursoul.jpg (313 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
giveheryoursoul.jpg
313 KB, 1050x1050
>>26279423
Daily Reminder Kalos gave us this cutie
>>
Favorite?
Probably Hawlucha.
Favorite feature?
Actually Amie - then customization.
>>
Dragalge
Super Training
I like the huge regional Pokedex, and I didn't mind the low count of new additions. I hope they stick to doing gigantic regional dexes from this point on. Although I do hope they add more Pokemon in SM than the 70-odd we got in XY, as great as those were.
They also did just about everything wrong with the "rivals" and no amount of scarequotes could express my distaste for how they handled it. They even had some cool ideas with a themed opponent in Tierno, and a Dex opponent in that stupid coconut kid, but they intentionally fucked up Tierno and lazily fucked up Coco and made them both pointless.
>>
Worst gen yet

Customization was nice, Megas were a nice addition that made some underused pokes more relevant

The new pokemon were all bland as fuck, except for the luchador pokemon
>>
>>26279423
My favorite Kalos Pokémon is probably Clawitzer or Vivillon, but I love a lot of the Kalos Pokémon

Favorite feature is probably the ability to go off the grid when moving finally, although customization comes close

I like 6th gen a lot, if only because of the new features
>>
Florges, Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Yveltal, Xerneas, Sylveon and Pyroar were S tier designs
>>
Still haven't played it yet.

I'm going through all the Pokemon Games each gen so I can transfer everything to this one later.
>>
Sub par overall.

Noivern for regular Pokemon. mawile for mega.

Customization.
>>
>what are your thoughts on it?
My least favorite gen in terms of gameplay, the whole thing feels like a demo for SM

>What's your favorite pokémon from it?
Chespin, Honedge, Inkay, and Noviern

>Favorite feature?
Customization. Thank god GF was bullshitting about it being France-exclusive
>>
Kalos had the best trainer battle theme and the Team Flare music is just energetic.
>>
Favorite mega is either Audino (for cute factor), Beedrill (for cool factor), or Diancie (for beauty factor). I didn't really care about any of the XY Megas.
>>
>>26279423
It was alright. I liked the new pokémon and some of the areas of the region. A bit green considering it was the first "3D" main game but still good enough. The story and the villains were underwhelming.

Favorite pokémon is a tie between Dragalge and Tyrantrum.

My two favorite features are Super Training and the Wonder Trade.
>>
Pokemon designs and music were great.. The overworld and story was trash. Passable gen. Pancham is my favorite
>>
>>26279423
I'm glad its over, gen 6 almost made me quit Pokemon.
At least we got some neat pokes like Hawlucha and Aegislash.
>>
>>26279423
Disliked it, from the unnecessary gen1 pandering, misuse of the new fairy type, giving up on sprites for good, weak plot compared to gen5, the small amount of new pokes and megas as a thing and what it brings to the table, i can honestly say it's my 2nd least favorite, only behind the 4th gen.

Noivern overall, but the legendary trio, braixen and frogadier, talonflame, gogoat, pangoro and tyrantrum are pretty great as well, wish there were more.

>Favorite feature?
Trainer costumization, best thing that came from the full 3d jump.
>>
Aurorus. That bitch is fabulous.

Customization. Glad it's returning.
>>
>>26279423
Let's see:
>Pokemon
6/10
>Region
2/10
>Music
4/10
>Metagame
0/10
>Story
3/10
>Starters
9/10
>E4 and Champion
2/10
>Villains
5/10
>Remakes
5/10
>Overall
4/10 gen, thank the Heavens it will be over soon.
>>
File: never forget.jpg (12 KB, 569x23) Image search: [Google]
never forget.jpg
12 KB, 569x23
>>
File: Gogoat-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg (41 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
Gogoat-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg
41 KB, 400x480
New type, customization, better graphics

Shit story though
>>
>>26279881
What's the chances Game Freak decided to move on to the next gen because Pokemon Z would be underwhelming for the 20th anniversary?
>>
>>26279804
How could i forgot about Talonflame, easily one of my favorite pokes.
>>
Thoughts: I don't really play pokemon for the shitty story, so meh.

Favorite Pokémon: Skrelp and Dragalge all the way, Klefi and Spritzee are close seconds.

Favorite Feature: Customization and Pokémon Amie.
>>
File: 1462941676004.jpg (43 KB, 400x535) Image search: [Google]
1462941676004.jpg
43 KB, 400x535
>>26279423

It showed in general how incompetent Gamefreak is at making games. It has some of my favourite pokemons but at the same time it gave us the shittiest region and game. X & Y were so bland in content and gameplay it's almost ridiculous. Story and characters were trash too. And were the easiest, almost braindead games by far, I know they're aimed for a young audience but they seriously keep getting away with so much shit that it's absurd. And I'm still bitter about no Battle Frontier in ORAS.

3D was long overdue ( and not that well implement, the game looks like ass ) and the megas... well I warmed up to them. At least they changed the game. Fairy type was a good change too.

Too many good mons to pick a favourite. Just hope all of it served as a good demo for these guys and their game.
>>
>>26279907
I'm thinking the whole gen was a beta for a new 3D game release on the anniversary
>>
>>26279489
>ass vest Sylveon
disgusting
>>
>>26279423
Tyrantrum was pretty radical

I hope we get some good fairy types in SM because I want to not hate the type
>>
>>26279423
Sylveon, I got a bulky little fairy tank. I loved character customization and am psyched to see some level of it return in sun and moon.
>>
>>26279423
Gen 6 was the worst gen, in my opinion. It just seemed so empty and lifeless to me, and it's the gen I've played the least of. Froakie is cool though.
>>
>>26279423
Squandered potential
>>
It was OK. I didn't hate Kalos as a region, but it was somewhat forgettable.
Possibly the shittiest evil team of any gen.
A few good designs (Sylveon, Goomy line, Hawlucha, Xerneas) but also some extremely ugly (Barbaracle being the worst).
Amie, customization, other features were fun.
Never liked the idea of Megas, wouldn't mind if they don't come to Gen VII.
Sky battles were a fun but unneeded gimmick.
Was pretty satisfied with ORAS (soaring, secret bases, seeing Hoenn in 3D), though that is my Hoennbaby coming through.
>>
I was about to write like a bait post of me memeing and saying "waaah gen 6 isnt over Alola is gen 6.5" but I actually cant be that retarded.

I liked Gen 6 well enough, I think there where some mistakes made but ill look back on it fondly.
Megas where a cool addition
Some cool new Pokemon even though there wernt a ton of new ones
Amie and trainer customization was really fun and I felt like I was playing my own character as opposed to a pre existing one
Also Hoenn is my favorite gen so maybe im biased towards the Hoenn remakes
>>
Gen 6 had some really nice pokemon in it and Xerneas is a great pokemon to represent the fairy type. It's a real shame that the games were shit and they decided to throw it under the rug instead of cleaning it up, but maybe this means they know they're shit so SM might be better.

Favorite gen 6 pokemon is Floette.

Favorite feature is Amie.
>>
pretty good gen, not the best nor the worst. favorite pokemon either greninja or gogoat. favorite feature is asking if you want to use another repel after the previous one stopped.
>>
>>26280530
that was Gen V, BW2 added it
>>
File: 1463000944109.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1463000944109.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
Overall disappointed. XY was just so damn forgettable, I hardly remember most of the NPCs and the rival in gen6 was just depressing. The evil team was underwhelming as hell and the plot was basically shoehorned into the last hour of the game. The battles were a joke, and I legitimately miss the old exp share -- not just because the new one is overpowered garbage, but because I miss its actual function. I like that we 3D now but the way GF handled it was such a mistake. Then ORAS came along and literally killed my enthusiasm for the entire franchise for like a year because it was so underwhelming. I kept seeing shit that was either badly-done or outright missing and I eventually just had to walk away for a while. The Delta Episode did not make up for the lack of Battle Frontier and all the other shit that went wrong.

>favorite pokemon?
Auroros was pretty cool. Vivillon was a surprisingly good early-route bug and collecting the different versions was honestly fun. Mega Absol made one of my favorite Pokemon usable. I honestly liked most of the pokemon we got despite the limited quantity. still salty about mega flygon though

>favorite feature
Wonder trading was the shit. Amie was nice but I wish it wasn't so limited. Trainer customization was pretty good. Also Secret Bases are forever my shit and desu I hope they or something like them comes back in S/M.

I want to be hopeful for gen 7 but man it's hard to have faith in Game Freak these days.
>>
>>26280548
o fuk me m8
>>
>>26280530
That started with B2/W2 though
>>
>>26280548
then id probably say wonder trading
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (63 KB, 500x306) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
63 KB, 500x306
>>26279423
I really wanted to love it, and i felt like i could've, but there was no resolution. If there ever was a Gen that desperately NEEDED a third game, it was this one. And all those Zygarde hints and hidden moves along with the relatively haphazard handling of legendaries and lore makes it clear that they WERE planning something, but decided to scrap it altogether. It's sad, because it had the potential to be the best Gen.

Unlike what many say, i DO think it managed to refresh the series overall, and it ended up adding the most features in a region leap:

M-Evos i'm not very fond of, but they add a nice extra layer of strategy to a series that was honestly beggining to stagnate. Amie is absolutely great; i might say it's a bit content lacking after a bit, but the fact that they pulled it of for over 700 pokemon was nothing short of a miracle. The selection of Pokemon was very Quality>Quantity, which i can respect. I think i only really dislike 2 pokemon from the entire Gen: Aromatisse and Goodra. All others range from Neat to Near Perfect. It even introduced my now Favorite Pokemon, which is something i didn't think would happen, considering the fact that i have been following the series for nearly 20 years already. The region itself was great even if the pacing was somewhat odd. As a musician, i actually think the soundtrack is very strong, but a couple of tracks are pretty bad, so they affect my perception of it.

It is brought down severely by the story and most of the characters, ESPECIALLY your friends and companions. The problem with there being so many companions and rivals is that most of them will inevitably end up redundant or dull if not handled properly, which is what happened here. As stated before, a big issue is that many things implied a resolution that never came, which leaves it feeling the gen incomplete or maybe even scrapped.

A good step forward for the series, but with lots of small setbacks that keep it from being the best. 8/10
>>
>>26280060
this centpie
>>
>>26279423
Heliolisk is my favorite pokémon from gen VI.
Trainer customization best feature.

I actually greatly enjoyed XY, more than what I'm guessing most of the board did. Sure I disliked the Exp Share and Mega Evolution but I still enjoyed the games a lot. Kalos lost a bit of its character during the second hald but the first was great, I also liked Team Flare and Lysandre, although the scientists minus Xerosic were forgettable.
But I didn't like ORAS, since they put emphasis on the worst parts of XY and disregarded Emerald.
>>
I can see most of my issue with it being the result of rushed development. Poorly planned story, almost no extra content, poorly written characters, and poorly paced gameplay.

The things I liked, mechanic improvements, customization, Pokemon-Amie, ect. were all strictly mechanical and done well.
>>
File: zygarde-starter.jpg (152 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
zygarde-starter.jpg
152 KB, 1200x675
>>26279423
>Now that Gen 6 is over
But it's not. Sun and Moon are still Gen 6 games and will redeem X and Y. We've never gone a Gen without sequel(s) for the main games. Alola is South Kalos and the "legendaries" are just Mega Evolutions for Pyroar and Noivern.
>>
Pangoro is in my top 4 favorites of all time. Other than him though, I want to crazy about the pokemon. Loved enough to easily fill out my team, but it wasn't very hard to pare it down.

I liked the trainer intro cuts, some of the small features like super training, and most of the areas were fun to adventure through.

I don't like how they're going more and more overboard on making the games "kid friendly." Why does everyone think kids ate fucking retards who can't figure out what to do without some dumbass npc popping up to tell you? Why do trainers have fewer and fewer pokemon while it becomes easier than ever for the player to level up a full team? I'm fine with them not giving a shit about my demographic, but come on
>>
>>26280731
You tried/10
>>
>>26279423
Gen 6 is not over dumb fuck
>>
>>26279423
Great gen; type rebalancing seems half-assed and I hope 7 has a follow up rebalancing particularly for ice so ice bulk has a use. Megas and small stat buff also I hope are give but more to the shit mons who need it; not just popular shit that's insanely good already.

overall tons of quality of improvements
>>
>>26280731
Thank God GF ditched Pokemon Z, al that Zygarde shit is literally digimon.
>>
>>26280841
If you think Zygarde isn't going to be prominently featured in Sun and Moon (as well as Xerneas, Yveltal, AZ, Lysandre, Strange Souvenir, Mega Evolution,"Ash Greninja", Floette, Volcanion, and maybe Zinnia and Anne) you are in major denial
>>
File: 1428846414622.jpg (31 KB, 582x432) Image search: [Google]
1428846414622.jpg
31 KB, 582x432
>>26280731
that right... papa gamefreak would never betray us
>>
>>26280877
I really don't see why Zygarde would get a major push in the new gen 7 games. Maybe in the follow up gen 7 games, but sun and moon probably not.
>>
File: 1462844893881.jpg (17 KB, 320x289) Image search: [Google]
1462844893881.jpg
17 KB, 320x289
>>26279423
boring and forgettable imo
>>
>>26279880
>Pokemon
7/10, -1 for # introduced
>Region
5/10
>Music
9/10
>Metagame
Don't care.
>Story
3/10
>Starters
6/10
>E4 and Champion
4/5
>Villains
6/10
>Remakes
They tried, but could have been better.
>Overall
6/10, wasted potential
>>
File: 1459974791662.png (920 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459974791662.png
920 KB, 1920x1080
>>26279423
>dat first reveal
>instantly fell in love with the three starters
>both legendaries were cool as fuck
>DAT FUCKING XERNEAS
>dat Sylveon design
>DEM 2ND STAGE EVOLUTIONS
>new type; Dragon monopoly BTFO, Poison is slightly relevant again
>tfw that time we thought Xerosic was going to be the actual main villain
>tfw GameFreak actually gave us slight news every two weeks or so, officially even, via their website
>tfw this was the game that got me the hypest since Diamond & Pearl
>tfw thought of X&Y literally every single day of 2013
>mfw I actually enjoyed the game as much as I was hyped for it

atm I don't know what to think about Su&Mo.
I like Owlett, kinda unsure about Litten and definitely don't like Popplio.
I don't know what to think about the legendaries as well, seems to me like they wanted to replicate Xerneas & Yveltal (one bipedal and one flying thing).
I also feel kinda sad that they dropped the chibi style.
I am hyped for Su&Mo, but not as much as I was for X&Y.
>>
>>26279423
The Good:
Most of the Pokemon were great
The game was decent, like playing in 3D

The Bad:
The starters looked fine but were meh
The game was too short
I still think mega evolution is stupid
Small amount of Pokemon

6.5/10 for me.
>>
>>26279532
Are you me?
>>
>>26279423

Honestly, Klefki. I thought it was pretty dumb at first but it really grew on me.
>>
>>26279423
This is the cancer of the series.
After mega evolutions nothing will be the same.
>>
>>26279423
What the fuck is happening with Zygarde?
>>
>>26281568
getting the good ol' Anthony Burch treatment
>>
>>26281135
>6.5/10 for me.
>6.5
lolicwutudidthur
>>
>>26279423
Diancie

Tie between megas and Dex nav. Megas took Mawile (fave mon) from rags to riches, and Dex nav is absurdly useful for team building and breeding
>>
Best Pokemon is Malamar. I hate pretty much everyone else, besides maybe Meowstic, Yveltal, and maybe Talonflame. Gen 6 introduced so many features I hated: Roller skates, friendly(er) rivals, Sky battles, etc. The world was so colorless and boring, and the pacing was terrible. All the pandering to Gen 1 and newcomers was appalling, and Gen 6 has easily been the worst Generation.
>>
>>26279745
That and the best gym theme.

I liked Talonflame and Amie the best.
>>
>>26279423
Some great mons, but the competitive scene was stale as fuck. No more weather wars, but that's like replacing cat shit with dog shit. They're both awful.
>>
File: 1444619648229.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1444619648229.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>26281135
>6.5
why the FUCK won't you 6.5 fags just give it a rest already? it's pretty much confirmed that it's going to be GEN 7. JUST DEAL WITH IT.
>>
>>26279588
S Rank:
>Chespin
>Fennekin and Braixen
>Fletchinder
>Skiddo and Gogoat
>Espurr and Meowstic
>Skrelp and Draglage
>Helioptile and Heliolisk
>Amaura
>Goomy
>Phantump
>Yveltal
>Hoopa C
A rank:
>Chestnaught
>Greninja
>Vivillon line
>Aegislash
>Aurorus
>Goodra
>Pumpkaboo
>Noibat and Noivern
>Xerneas
>>
>>26282587
Sun and Moon are still Gen 6. New Pokémon does not equal new generation and Alola is just another name for South Kalos.
>>
>>26282465
>best gym theme.
feel free to kill yourself
>>
>>26279423
Tyrantrum. Favorite feature was probably either soaring or the secret bases.

XY sucked.
>>
File: 1453990371523.jpg (141 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1453990371523.jpg
141 KB, 680x680
>>26279423
>Now that Gen 6 is over
>>
>>26282900
(You)
>>
>>26282900 (You)
>>
>>26279423
I'll get shitted on but, It's actually one of my favorite gens.
I didn't like ORAS, but XY were awesome.
Malamar is my favorite.
I love pokemon Amie/Super Training, the rollerskate, Mega-Evolution. But the best one probably is customization.
>>
>>26282900
(You)
>>
Mega Altaria is INTERESTINGLY TYPED! INTERESTINGLY TYPED!!
>>
Gen 6 was mostly a hardware test imo, what they lacked in story or characters they made up for in the sheer amount of effort put into the game's graphical capabilities, now they can hopefully apply what they learned from XY and put make SM a much more enjoyable experience, like BW was to DPPt.
>>
>>26279423
Probably my favorite region yet. Next to Sinnoh; the layout is fun, the music is comfy, night and day cycles look nice, gym leaders and elite 4 were all strange but in a good way and I find it funny that Lucario gets given to you in both games.
>>
>>26279656
I swear, if im not the chosen one of her the next game, I WILL BE... a little mad.
>>
>>26279423
>favorite feature
Megas
>favorite Pokemon
1. Delphox
2. Aegislash
3. Heliolisk
4. Greninja
>>
>>26279423
Liked Talonflame, liked route flying but it was lame. I think a single ice psuedo with the right stats would be a better solution than making a new type after all these years. The new Pokemon left me cold, I don't think I could call myself a fan of any of the new characters, the lag was unforgivable, the lack of post game content and Masuda's smart phone mentality was mind numbing. In short all the generic complaints about the game were totally and completely justified. But since it brought me pokebank I can forgive it... as long as I know that I will eventually get type gems and dark grass back.
>>
File: pumpkacute.jpg (215 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
pumpkacute.jpg
215 KB, 700x700
Where my pumpkaboo bros at?
>>
>>26282746
(You)
>>26282900
(You)
>>
>>26279423

>favorite Kalos Pokemon
Klefki
>favorite feature
pretty dresses
>>
Sitting on benches; Aegislash
>>
>>26279423
Games were easy and were done and over with extremely quickly. They were still entertaining, however.

The region was charming and nice to look at but didn't hold a goddamn candle to the ones before it, Unova specially.

Plot was standard fare, evil team was a bit odd but fit the theme.

New Pokemon were either pretty forgettable or excellent designs with very few in-between.

Megas were a surprisingly nice addition that made a lot of older mons viable and gave them great new looks to boot.

Favorite feature: Amie. Though the DexNav is a hair's breadth away from winning, most convenient feature since the bottom screen from Gen 4.
>>
>>26279423

They both look like Ys
>>
>>26279450

Dragalge is literally the only pokemon I liked this gen.

Emma was my favorite part. And 3D
>>
File: 1452883348812.jpg (46 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1452883348812.jpg
46 KB, 640x360
>>26286034
Ys doesn't look anything like either of these.
>>
>>26286071

No really how is Xerneas supposed to be an X

It's a Y. They don't even ever show it in a stance where it resembles an X
>>
>>26279423
Gen 6 was shit. Really shit.
>Small-ass region
>Extremely low amount of new Pokemon
>Focus is mostly on gimmicks
>Handholding
>ORAS was the worst remake GF ever did,
>>
>Favorite Pokemon
Talonflame probably (not just for muh smogon approved)
>Favorite Mega
Blaziken, probably
>Favorite new feature
Customization's pretty neat, new EXP Share made training much more efficient, roller blades were kinda fun I guess, they should've implemented more Skiddo/Gogoat riding, though

Not my favorite gen, but still pretty good
>>
>>26279423
Dont judge me but i fucking loved avalugg
>>
Dragalge or Aromatisse

8 directional movement, fairy typing; soaring in ORAS
>>
>>26286115
Facing straight on, antlers and front legs. Can't find a good shot on google, though.
>>
>>26279423
DexNav, super training, Amie. EVs and IVs aren't a pain to calculate and keep track of anymore. I loved Klefki and Yveltal. Disappointed about a lack of Z. They've been strange about sequels since gen 5. And Team Flare was amusing. I like their loyalty to fashion, and their theme actually helped me focus on school assignments.
>>
>>26280060
This.

There was so much potential for greatness in XY and they wasted it.
Especially story/lore-wise. They actually had a great premise, and I loved the idea of a tragic insane villain like Lysandre. It was executed terribly though. You just don't learn enough about the guy to really understand why he did what he did.

I think the core gameplay changes were great though, because they considered all kinds of different playstyles. The EXP Share to train up entire teams and much more accessible breeding are great for competitive players. Super training for the newcomers/casuals/kids. Amie for the toddlers (if you've ever handed the game to a baby sibling you'd know you can keep some of them occupied just petting Pikachu or whatever for a long time).

Gen 6 probably has, on average, the best designs for Pokemon IMO. By that I mean I felt like there was almost no design where I felt like it was just unimaginative dex filler. Bummer there were so few of them though.
>>
>>26286135
What's there to judge? He's a pretty chill guy.
>>
>>26286350
This is probably why people were jonsing for a Pokemon Z, more than anything to do with Perfect Zygarde. It really felt like a lot of XY could've done with the polish third games get. Not that they shouldn't have just done the polish to begin with, but that's Pokemon for you.
>>
>>26286177

Yeah I get that but they never even show him standing with his front legs spaced apart to resemble an X

You even just said you can't find any art

You'd think that would be important to the design. His whole schtick is being an X. He looks like a Y
>>
>>26279693
>Clawitzer
My brother.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 735x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 735x599
Judging by this thread, XY haters are either
>butthurt dragonfags
>butthurt anti-Mega fans (probably because *their* bro didn't receive any)
>plotfags
>spritefags
Suddenly everything starts making sense

Can't wait for gen 7 to not introduce any memorable Pokemon and end up in a dump just like gen 5 did
>>
>>26279529
We don't even know if Dexnav or Soar are gone or not yet
>>
>>26286989
Gen 5 gave us based Gothitelle though.
>>
>>26279423
The weakest gen.
Pangoro
>Favorite feature?
Pokemonami. As a concept. Those mini games sucked.
>>
File: 1452439736480.jpg (64 KB, 800x718) Image search: [Google]
1452439736480.jpg
64 KB, 800x718
>>26279423
X & Y weren't great, but were definitely better than ORAS. I enjoyed customization and how streamlined the online is. Though few they gave us a lot of great Pokemon who have a place on my favorites list. Noivern, Diancie, Aegislash, Xerneas, Meowstic, Pangoro and Florges being only a small handful.
I'm hoping for more of the same in Sun & Moon.
>>
Diggersby was my favorite. He's surprisingly good. Favorite feature has to be WonderTrade. Got alot of good mons from that.
>>
>>26286989
>probably because *their* bro didn't receive any
I'm anti-mega because it's basically an easy mode button and 90% of the designs are repulsive to me.

Gen 6 as a whole was a major disappointment with its shallow content, horrible main city, and overall lack of care.
>>
I like it for being the move to full 3D. The Gen 6 Starters, Legendaries and other Pokemon are also pretty good designs overall. It introduced great features like amie and trainer customization.

If XY had better post game content and better difficulty balance it would make Gen 6 a top tier entry. These are things that could have been solved through a hypothetical Z version so what a shame about that.
>>
File: clawitzer_by_frostystar-d7tdk46.png (871 KB, 1024x603) Image search: [Google]
clawitzer_by_frostystar-d7tdk46.png
871 KB, 1024x603
I really liked the Poke aime and Super trainer. Clawitzer was my favorite of the gen. and the visuals were incrediable. Super Hype for Sun and Moon
>>
File: 1463017411224.gif (802 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1463017411224.gif
802 KB, 320x240
>>26279423
Only generation I disliked. My favorite pokemon out of this gen is likely the Chespin line, I love so many pokemon it's hard to choose but as soon as I saw them I had to have them. This gen was mediocre as fuck and maybe even a little soulless but it was fun communicating with everybody through PSS.
>>
Somehow managed to be worse than Gen IV.
>>
I loved how the NPC trainers got big portraits, there were a lot of great designs among them.
>>
>>26279423
>Now that Gen 6 is over
>
>>
Wasn't even close to being as good as Gen V, sadly.
>>
>>26279423
>The good
3D models
PSS
Customization

>The bad
Mishandled megas
Mishandled fairy-type
Horrible antagonist team
Bland as fuck region
Bland as fuck characters
Blatant nostalgia pandering
Lazy over-world graphics
Only 70 new pokemon
Forgetable music
Sappy, dumb and almost non-existent story
Shit post-game
Lumiose City and everything it stands for.

Overall, fuck Kalos. I'm so glad it's over.
>>
>>26279423
Megas I liked the concept of but the execution not quite. Maybe since they aren't the focus this Gen they'll use them more sparingly and make them all decent. I liked pretty much all of the new Pokemon as well. They really nailed the balance of clutter and simplicity for the artstyle they went with and I think Gen 6 was the peak of the Gen 4 onwards artstyle. The games themselves could have been better but I didn't mind them. Decent Gen really. I also fucking love Xerneas and Zygarde for some reason. Yveltal is pretty good too. However even now Solgaleo and Lunaala are giving them a run for their money as my favourite main legendary trio.
>>
>>26279423
Pumpkaboo is my favorite introduced in Gen 6; though I will say 6 introduced more Pokemon I love than 4 and 5 put together did.

Trainer Customization and Super Training are definitely my favorite features added, they had better stay permanently from now on. I passed up OR/AS because now I've been spoiled, I just can't go back to Pokemon where you get a preset trainer that you can't alter at all.

Gen 6, with the introduction of Fairy type and these new features, reignited my love of Pokemon that had been fading fast. I played through Gen 4 but felt it was just "okay", skipped Gen 5 entirely. Gen 6 I was hyped as fuck from the Fairy type reveal trailer all the way through release. They gave us a beautiful region with a really nice aesthetic I enjoyed a lot, features we've been asking for for years and a new type and new mechanics to shake the game up. It felt to me like they really put a lot of effort into Gen 6 and breathing fresh life into the franchise; and it paid off in spades.
>>
File: TERMINALLY ILL ZYGARDE.png (67 KB, 429x429) Image search: [Google]
TERMINALLY ILL ZYGARDE.png
67 KB, 429x429
>>26287805
>implying 6.5 is an actual legitimate thing
Literally what line of thinking would lead to such a retarded conclusion?
>>
>>26287911
This must be bait, no way someone would actually think that
>>
>>26279423
>Now that Gen 6 is over, what are your thoughts on it?
Worst generation, saying this make sad,, but it's the truth
Yveltal, but there are quite a lot of mons I like in this gen
>Favorite feature?
New breeding mechanics
>>
>>26287937
>get well soon Zygarde
and plz, gen 6.5nners, kindly fuck off
>>
It's shit, but at least the meta was more fun than in previous generations. "competitive" coin tossing is still shit
Diancie.
>Favorite feature?
Megas I guess, but it's really hit and miss.
>>
>>26287960
Nothing I said is wrong, this entire thread is bitching about most of the shit I listed too.
>>
>>26279423
But Gen 6 is not over, Sun & Moon will be gen 6.5, it's already confirmed customization is comming back.
>>
>>26288095
Finish your life now. Go and shitpost on reddit kid
>>
>>26279532
Basically this, + Heliolisk and Litleo
>>
>>26279423
Gen 6 is not over you nigger.

Alola looks like gen 6.
>>
>>26288362
It uses the 6th gen engine to an exact, so
>>
>>26279423
>Favourite Pokemon
Has to be Noivern, the rest didn't leave that much of an impression on me

>Favourite Feature
trainer customisation if it's just XY that and Soaring if we include ORAS
>>
File: image.png (448 KB, 600x840) Image search: [Google]
image.png
448 KB, 600x840
>>26279423
>Thoughts
Tied with gen 4 for the most technical improvements. 3D graphics, Megas, Fairy type, trainer customisation, Poke-tamagotchi, friend safaris, online that actually WORKS, breeding and EV training that doesn't make you want to kill yourself, hordes, inverse battles (tad underused but eh), plus some minor stuff like stat rebalances. The dex was sparse, true, but I like the effort they put into each individual Pokemon (many Kalos Pokemon have an unique move, ability or both, the way Vivillon forms were handled etc). As a result, the generation ended up with many memorable Pokemon like Greninja, Braixen, Espurr, Tyrantrum, Sylveon and my personal favorite from this gen, Talonflame. I also like how they didn't try to artificially bloat the dex with 6 trillion legendary Pokemon, although the Zygarde bait and switch was annoying to say at least.

The bad sides are probably all too well known by now. Annoying "rivals" that interrupt your adventure every 2 minutes, bad pacing after the 3rd gym, way too many old Pokemon, everything about sky battles in general. However, as many flaws as these games had, I still managed to have a lot of fun, so I guess it didn't matter too much in the end.

>favorite Pokemon
The Bravest Burd as I already mentioned. My other favorites from this gen include Sylveon, Chespin, Hoopa Unbound and Greninja (the Ash form can go fuck itself though).

>favorite feature
Tie between 3D graphics and Megas. The first one was my dream since I was a little kid. As for Megas, I've been playing competitively since late gen 3 and Ubers have quickly became my favorite tier, so the idea of having that one super OP killing machine on the side makes me hard as fuck. The only disappointment I had with them was that the one Pokemon I really wanted to get a Mega didn't receive it in the end, but I guess you can't win them all.
>>
>implying the gen is over
This is gen 6.5
>>
>>26279880

Let's see:
>Pokemon
8/10
>Region
10/10
>Music
10/10
>Metagame
8/10 (weather wars gone)
>Story
1/10
>Starters
7/10
>E4 and Champion
8/10
>Villains
1/10
>Remakes
2/10
>Overall
8/10 Really great generation.Usually the original remakes have much more end game content than the latest region, but it was actually incredibly dissapointed and marked down Hoenn as my 2nd to last favorite region, beating jotoh.
>>
>>26291689
>Region 10/10
Who the fuck will give 10 to fucking pokefrance, 7
>Music 10/10
7 again, gen 5 despite being shit will be hard to beat in music department
>Metagame 8/10
3/10, weather wars are way better than kanghaskhanening:the meta and other copypasta fests
>E4 and Champion 8/10
7 at best because diantha sucks on nearly gen 5 champs level
>Villains 1/10
7/10, they were actually okay
>Remakes 2/10
8, i still don't understand how people cannot let frontier go and ignore how many improvements oras actually has
>>
Pokemon Amie because it makes my husbando feel just a tiny bit more real.
;_;
>>
>>26290461

personally, i like having the old mons around. it makes for a more varied ecosystem in each of the areas.
>>
>>26279423
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y were amazing breakout titles for the Pokemon franchise on the 3DS.
They gave me everything I wanted and more:
new pokemon
full 3D models
customizable trainers
pokemon amie
fairy-type Pokemon

If I had to pick just one,
probably Sylveon.
I'd say Xerneas, but, as a legendary, his use is limited.
Not to mention, Sylveon just looks awesome in the 3D engine.

>Favorite feature?
Hmm...
I'd like to say Pokemon Amie, but, honestly,
after the initial playthrough, I never really used it.
It was cute at first, but got old fast.
I'll probably still use it come Sun/Moon because it's new Pokemon,
But aside from that, playing with your Pokemon in Amie is nothing more than time-wasting and pointless. With minimal benefits.
So, I guess...
My favourite new feature would have to be:
>shit, I don't know.
I mean, really there aren't any new features.
PSS is just an improved online functionality.
Amie I've ruled out.
Soaring is just for ORAS
I got nothing.
>>
>>26291897
old mons are good but they shouldn't be too prevalent like it was in XY
>>
>>26279423
i thought the post endgame story was so boring and stupid.
most of the people from team flare were rich idiots who tought donating money to the tall, menacing guy would be a good idea.
also as soon as i saw him, i was like "yeah, hes the bad guy".
i thought the legendaries had a great a design. but i thought the rivals weren't too good either, they just ran around saying tutorial stuff for 2 year olds and none of them acted like dickheads. so no motivation for beating them. (unlike the trainers blue and silver)
>>
>>26279423
As a whole it sucked. I like most of the new Pokémon and there are some good features here and there, but the games themselves just lack the content I look for in a Pokémon game and the stories of both XY and ORAS' Delta Episode (though the adaption of the original RS content is done alright) are just bad. I probably won't replay them years from now unless I'm doing a marathon of the series in general.

I have a lot of Pokémon from the Gen I love, though. Slurpuff, Phantump, Noibat/Noivern, Delphox, and Carbink are way up there, it'd be hard to choose one.

Dexnav is hands-down the best feature of the Gen, it was fun as hell. Shame it's never ever coming back.
>>
>>26292088
This. It should be like Hoenn.
>>
>>26279423
Worst gen. If we get full customization in sm it really will be known as the worst gen
>>
>>26291791
Name the improvements about ORAS anon. Then let's compare those improvements to HGSS and FRLG
>>
>>26287960
Kys
>>
>>26287911
This. Postgame with Emma was another positive but fuck everything else
>>
>>26286989
explain
>>26286118
>>
>>26287937
They want to be the first OP about themselves getting BTFO'd. Along with the le no megas meme.
>>
Honestly, gen 6 had the worst pokemon in my opinion. None of them really stick with me.

Of the bunch, I liked Chesnaught the most, and it's a mix of Braixen and Hoopa for the one I like the least. I don't HATE them, I just dislike them.

As for features, Wonder Trade by far. I've gotten so many pokemon from different regions which I'd never have gotten otherwise without cheating or using trade threads. I even got a Shiny Maractus one time.
>>
>>26292803
Soaring
Dexnav
Assorted QoL improvements like flying to the roads and sharpedo surfing
Story (inb4 who cares) is now actually coherent. No, in emerald it was still worse outside of the single part where fug makes legends fuck off. Also improvements to bad guys, they are less lame now and their base actually looks like a base and not like a hangar somewhere
Major overhaul of secret base system, it's now not completely worthless and worth spending time upon
[Opinions] Major overhaul to various areas, some places like new mayville, victory road or sky peak actually feel now like they were supposed to feel. Yes, some areas like granite cave suffered, but everything can't be perfect. Underwater became better too.

I never implied these are perfect pokemon games or whatever, but as a REMAKE of R/S they delivered what i was expecting and even more.
>>
Still don't understand why the first 2 badges were so spread out and then you got the rest in about 5 minutes.
>>
>>26279423
Heliolisk
I'll love him forever, and i'll probably include him in a Sun related team in gen 7
>>
This was ORAS, but Altaria (my favorite Pokemon) getting a competitively viable mega with fairy type (my favorite type) is a high point of the series for me.

It's literally the only thing that makes ORAS worth existing
>>
Loved the new ideas, but I hated so much the mega evolutions. I mean, it's a great idea, but the execution was terrible. They gave megas to pokemon already overpowered, what the fuck? Loved some megas, like Mega Altaria and Mega Sableye.
Fairy-type is cool, tough.

Greninja, Pangoro and Goodra. Pangoro is now my favourite pokemon.

>Favorite feature?
Custom character.
>>
>What are your thoughts on it?

I liked it. The trainer customization is something I'd been missing and using Amie to play with your pokemon added a new layer. My niece, who also plays, absolutely loved the fact that she could play with the little buggers now. Wasn't big on the whole mega thing at first but it's grown on me.

>What's your favorite pokemon from it?
Furfrou, Especially it's shiny.

>Favorite feature
Customization.
>>
I was disappointed in a few aspects but overall I enjoyed it. It continued Gen 5s trend of streamlining a lot of things and was the first Gen that actually made it easy enough for me to feel like breeding Pokemon was worth it.

There are quite a few things that I think some people on /vp/ would miss like horde training, all the breeding changes, certain specific megas, and online convenience. Megas are obviously still pretty decisive but I feel that the Pokemon they did really help out are worth it for me. It helps breath new life into a Pokemon while still keeping it relatively the same.

For the Pokemon themselves I really enjoyed a lot of them and its hard to pick a favorite. I tend to like most Pokemon in general but that was also probably the most disappointing thing about Gen 6. The lack of new Pokemon was really surprising and is probably another reason megas are so divisive and still make people worry. I can't say how things will go from here, but I think the slow down on new Pokemon species might start to become a continuous thing considering we are already nearing 1000. That can be good or bad depending on who are but as long as there is a decent amount of stuff for people to like I don't think I will be too worried.
>>
It was alright. I like the lore of Mega Evolution and the feature. My favorite Mon has to be Hawlucha.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.