[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it me or do these starters just not look well together? Don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: cmUcv.jpg (404 KB, 1202x1596) Image search: [Google]
cmUcv.jpg
404 KB, 1202x1596
Is it me or do these starters just not look well together?

Don't get me wrong, I like them individually except Popplio, but as a trio they look so weird.

And I just realized all trios until now had a basic pattern of two bipeds+one quadruped, with their body shapes being basically the same.

But then you have the sun and moon starters, with Litten being the obligatory quadruped, and the others having body shapes completely different from any other starter before them.
>>
This is the single most autistic thing I've seen today.

They look fine together, your autistic need for repetition isn't going to stop that.
>>
>>26278980
they do are a bit unusual
same for the color pattern. tepig alreadu had dark colors but was mostly orange, te cat is mostly black.Same for chespin having brown, but the owl is mostly brown isntead of mostly green, and the seal is just hideous holy shit, also being an unusual darker shade of blue
>>
>>26278980
I'm not sold on the new starters, but that's the dumbest image I've seen on this board in a while.
>>
>>26278980
How's that autismo for you OP? If you want to say that snivy has a round shape but popplibro doesn't you don't know geometry. Froaky and squirtle are in no way the same body shape either
>>
>>26279049
can you stop fucking typing please
>>
>>26279018
>>26279129
>hurr autism
If you've ever worked with marketing and advertising, you'd understand that this kind of pattern is something that people actually put a lot of thought into. These designs are supposed to catch the eye of the buyers and sell the games and merch. If they've used the same formula until now and it worked wonders, the fact that they moved away from the same formula is at least worth noting.
>>
>>26279018
when people said patternfags were just autists, i thought it was a little extreme. but this really takes the fucking cake, this person is made uncomfortable by the fact that their body shapes don't fit a made up pattern in his head, what the fuck?
>>
This is genuine autism, if you genuinely 100% believe that there's supposed to be some kind of pattern in their basic body shapes then I don't know what to tell you anon, you're probably retarded, I mean look at Cydnaquil for fucks sake he breaks your pattern right there
>>
Haha wow someone took the time and effort out of their day to actually open photoshop with the intent of making that image, not thinking that everyone would consider them autistic
>>
>>26278980
Now this is some serious autism.
>>
>>26278980
So do them in different poses, autist. That might help with your triggering.
>>
People say the same damn thing about every set of starters.
>but I mean it
They did too.
>>
This is extreme autism
>>
>>26278980
>all this over poses
lol
>>
File: 1439894264994.jpg (42 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
1439894264994.jpg
42 KB, 285x285
>>26279151
>If you've ever worked with marketing and advertising
Oh look it's another "Worthless Faggot on /vp/ talks big on Marketing" Episode
>>
What's wrong with gf doing something different?
Seriously, op, you should be more pissed off by how everything is repeating
>>
>>26278980
G F W
G F W
W G F
G F W
F G W
F G W
F G W

F is the 6th letter of the Alphabet.
G is the 7th.
W is 23rd.

52 41 144
#52=Meowth
#41=Zubat
#144=Articuno

Their names combined are an anagram of "Who can I utter bazout", bazout being a slang term for trolling. Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, this anon set out to trigger you all from the very start. I rest my case.
>>
>cyndaquil is a biped
>>
>>26278980
>>
This is honestly very autistic.
Getting disgusted by a very tiny change. Fuck off OP
>>
Wait. ..This. ..THIS IS A BAIT!
OP can't be this stupid
>>
>>26279718
You'd be surprise
>>
I never noticed that there was a pattern there, so hey, guess I learned something new today.

Getting upset over it still fucking reeks of autism though. Go sit in the corner for a while m8.
>>
you guys need to leave OP alone
>>
Tbf lads at least we get some good cringe out of this
>>
>>26279893
> says OP
>>
File: 1462845864965.png (8 KB, 123x74) Image search: [Google]
1462845864965.png
8 KB, 123x74
>>26279151
I literally do

Your super autistic
>>
I actually agree with you OP. None of the starters look like starters. Litten looks like an early route mon. Rowlet looks like a late game bird. And pooplio looks like a gag mon.
>>
>MUH
>PATTERNS
>>
It isn't autistic to notice this pattern and the obvious change that they've made to this paradigm. What IS autistic is getting angry because of it. OP doesn't seem angry.
>>
>>26279159
>>26279221
>>26279578
>>26279654
>>26279786
Hey, just to be clear, here. I never said I got upset or disliked the starters. In fact it's pretty much the opposite.

I just felt something about them was off when I compared them to the other starters and instead of just thinking "oh well, I'm not used to them yet", I tried to come up with a reason for why it felt like that.

While I admit it's pretty autistic, the body shape thing is just something I realized when I was already making this thread, no need to take it so seriously.
>>
>>26278980
The pattern is that there's always been one starter that stands on all fours, one that stands on two legs, and another that can do both. These new ones fit that pattern. Not sure what you mean about the circles and shit.
>>
>>26279178
>>26279213
>>26279434
>>26279654
Jesus will you guys fucking cool it? He isn't wrong. Popplio is noticably flatter and a totally different shape than the other starters. Same with rowlett. They're actually different body compositions than any starter before.

It's nothing completely game changing, but it's important. When Pokemon is one of the most formulaic series in all of video games, change should be welcome. Especially change that works. These starters are pretty well loved all around, at least on /vp/ where you would normally see dozens of threads criticizing with "over design" or "the head's too big".
>>
>>26280188
>flatter
The official art doesn't really highlight it, but it's body isn't flat. It's pretty cone like, much like Seel and Dewgong. Only it's arms are flat, as one would expect of flippers.
>>
I dunno, but your picture is pretty damn dishonest.
>>
I really like these starters, but I can't help but feel like they'd fit really well in a shitty pokémon ios knockoff or something, more than any other gen.
>>
>>26278980
>says "don't get me wrong"
>people got it wrong
Never change, /vp/
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.