[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post you're yfw when all the regions are based on American
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: 1458499456184.jpg (54 KB, 640x675) Image search: [Google]
1458499456184.jpg
54 KB, 640x675
Post you're yfw when all the regions are based on American states from here on out.
>>
So what you're telling me is that there's going to be a whole lot of regions with fucking nothing.
>>
>>26277071
fkn hell this pic

i died
>>
>>26277100

Not every place in the US is the Midwest.
>>
>>26277100
>Texas
>California
>Alaska
>Florida
>Chicago
>New England
>Las Vegas
>that state with Twin Peaks
>Puerto Rico
>Virgin Islands
>Canada
>Washington
>New Jersey
By the time we get through the interesting states Nintendo and gaming as we know it would be dead.
>>
>>26277292
>Chicago
>New England
>Las Vegas
>Puerto Rico
>Virgin Islands
>Canada
>States
Also
>that state with twin Peaks
Why is it on your list of interesting states if you can't even remember the name?
>>
alaska region when?
>>
>>26278149
Well, we are doing Hawaii now. Besides, an Alaska game would have to be divided into two seasonal sections, IMO. A winter half and a summer half.
>>
File: 1450958545896.jpg (301 KB, 1200x773) Image search: [Google]
1450958545896.jpg
301 KB, 1200x773
I'm so glad we got pokemerica 2.0

Kalos was a mess

Kalos was a big fat mess
>>
File: grandcanyon.jpg (293 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
grandcanyon.jpg
293 KB, 1600x1200
The Midwest would make a fantastic region. From East to West you've got wide open rolling prairies, the rocky mountains, the insane beauty of the national parks in places like Idaho/Montana/Utah, Las Vegas and the desert, and maybe the game could end up in the pacific northwest around Oregon/Washington

Imagine the pokemon equivalent of riding a donkey down to the bottom of the grand canyon and catching a legendary in a place like this.
>>
File: mic.jpg (156 KB, 1274x679) Image search: [Google]
mic.jpg
156 KB, 1274x679
>>26278275
Kalos is a waste
>>
>>26277764
>territories
Might as well be states
>New England
The northeastern states. Do you even 13 colonies?
>Canada
USA Jr.
>Chicago
It's telling when there are US cities large and varied enough to be an entire in-game region.

>>26278342
This. Especially with gen 7 semi-realistic graphics.

>>26278149
>>26278269
Alaska even has a city only accessible by surf or fly
>>
>tfw live in a boring shit southern state with 1 barely interesting area.
Who /Georgia/ here
>>
File: charleston.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1335) Image search: [Google]
charleston.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1335
>>26278430
How great would it be if you get your 5th badge in Poke-Vegas and head north to a desert route based on Area 51?

During the day you encounter fairly normal pokemon, but at night there's a chance to encounter strange/ayylmao-like/mechanical pokemon

>>26278467
Texas here. Already accepted that an entire texas-themed region would be too much. I don't think too many single states could hold their own as a region.

Georgia could work if you included the entire gulf region. Throw in Florida, Louisiana, Houston etc and you might have something good

Put the Pokemon League in a copy of Charleston South Carolina just because it would look great

even after saying all this, I still hope the next region is based on Russia/Scandinavia/Alaska
>>
>>26278467
Just googled "cool things in georgia". It's a very pretty state. Brasstown Bald would be a good location for the Elite 4 or a legendary encounter.

Fox Theatre, Bonaventure Cemetery, Forsyth Park, Driftwood Beach, Ohoopee Sand Dunes, and Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge also have potential.

Geographic diversity is always a big plus when thinking about whether or not a place will make a cool region
>>
>>26278530
>Texas here. Already accepted that an entire texas-themed region would be too much
San Antonio, Houston, or Dallas could all pass as regions on their own
>>
>>26278580
In terms of landmarks, cities, culture sure. I just don't think our geography really varies enough to be exciting. They'd have to exaggerate, which I guess of course they would

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it, especially far out west
>>
>>26277141
I thought you already commutes sudoku after getting BTFO so hard?
>>
>>26277292
i keep hearing about a bar called twin peaks on the radio when i listen to pandora, are you talking about the titty bar in michigan? i'm so fucking bored of this place i want to curl up into a ball and cry because i'm stuck.
>>
>>26278149

I dont see it happening for a while
>>
>>26278664
SA has rivers and lakes, sandy parts to the south, lots of forested areas around the edges of the city

Houston has a large bay, Galveston Island, George Bush Park and Bear Creek surrounding the Energy Corridor on the west side. There's a nature/technology theme there.

Dallas is sort of an in-between compared to SA and Houston geographically. It doesn't have as much water as either one but it has many more lakes and rivers and the forest areas are more towards the center of the city. It also has a huge water treatment center

They could play up all the highways for each of them, too.

>>26278712
The Twin Peak mountain range in Washington, son
>>
>>26278342
Next region should be the American Midwest solely for the Grand Canyon.
>>
>>26278810
Hmmm, you make a good case for a Texas region. I can imagine it pretty well now actually. Do want.

>>26278862
If done correctly it could be one of the greatest routes ever. Imagine if trekking through the canyon from top to bottom was the new victory road.
>>
>>26278886
>Grand Canyon
>Yellowstone
Bend geography and toss in Californa's redwoods and it'll be an amazing woodsy region.
>>
>>26278957
>Villain team is attempting to set off poke-yellowstone using the legendary
>>
>>26279031
also

>regional fossils are sabertooth tiger and giant condor
>>
>>26277071
>Not knowing Alola is based on Haiti
>>
File: Mothman.jpg (224 KB, 1000x910) Image search: [Google]
Mothman.jpg
224 KB, 1000x910
>>26277071
Appalachian region when?
>>
>Based Mexico, California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington region

>Grizzled old Apache former WWII code-talker Professor Joshua (Joshua Tree)

>Team Desperado
>Badass Cholo villain looks like Danny Trejo

>White Buffalo Legendary
>Mountain Lion Legendary

>Fire Grizzly Bear starter
>Blue Heron Water Starter
>Grass Jackrabbit Starter

>Based Roadrunner Pokemon

>Better Burrowing Owl: Owltlaw, Desperowldo
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.