[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Liking infinite use TMs This is why Pokemon has gone to shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 050Diglett.png (53 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
050Diglett.png
53 KB, 250x250
>Liking infinite use TMs
This is why Pokemon has gone to shit. It removes all difficulty from the games. There's no point in level-up moves because having TMs be infinite use means you can just teach the pokemon the good TMs. If a pokemon learns a TM move by level up, why not just teach it the TM? It also removes all personality from the pokemon. Diglett is known for Dig, but if many other pokemon can just use the Dig TM to dig just as good, what's the point? What's the point of Kadabra learning Psychic if some other pokemon can just come along and learn Psychic without having to be trained?
Infinite TMs just make the games about the moves, not the pokemon. If Diglett has X stats and can learn X moves including Dig, and pokemon Y has X+10 stats with X+10 moves including Dig, why use Diglett? People just use the pokemon with the best/most moves, not the ones with good personality. Why use Xmon when Ymon learns better TMs?
All you care about is which pokemon you can slap EQ, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, or Stone Edge onto instead of the pokemon themselves, and that's why the games are boring now.
Pic related, it's one of many pokemon whos fucked over by infinite use TMs.
>>
>cries about TMs
>doesn't mention heart scales
>doesn't mention best moves are tutored
You know what goes in all the fields guiyz
>>
I think that makes some sense, but it will add a lot more hackmons to the competitive game. I think TMs should become infinite in the postgame at least.
>>
>pokemon
>difficult

that's an awful lot of text for shitty bait, dude
>>
Counterpoint: Infinite-use TMs is one of the best things the series has ever done. With limited-use TMs, you're constrained in creating movesets. There's less room for creativity, diversity, and ultimately fun. The game is far more enjoyable when you can experiment with movesets without worrying about "wasting" your one shot at teaching a Pokemon a particular move. Personally, it's made the series a lot more fun for me because it's let me be much more creative with my in-game teams and means I no longer have to "hoard" TMs for the right moment. At this point I can't imagine going back to single-use.
>>
infinite us tms are the best thing ever happening to pokemon
>>
Wow I sure loved grinding for money so I could spend 40000 coins on a stupid ice beam TM just so I could use more than one water Pokemon competitively

Also caring about level up moves vs TM moves is mega autistic. Kys
>>
Tfw to moves can't be free but hms get to be infinite and free
>>
File: 1407693129769.png (408 KB, 469x535) Image search: [Google]
1407693129769.png
408 KB, 469x535
>>26274632

If Pokemon was a proper RPG you could change your movesets between battles as much as you want. Infinite TMs are a step towards that.

Also you'd be able to manually allocate EVs but that's another story.
>>
>>26274632
They could just sell the danm things, why in blazes we have to scavenge and receive handouts like a danm hobo.
>>
>all these casuals defending infinite tms
Pokemon players are pathetic.
>>
>>26274632
>he wants to start new game every time he changes his mind about a moveset
Lol
>>
>>26275000
>tfw I can not put it in my OU team
>>
>>26275046
But.. my bp! I can grind bp!
>>
We need to talk about the real issue here.
>anyone liking HMs
>>
>>26274782
>>26274632

Solution: they're finite until you beat the E4.
>>
I hate to admit you're right, even as a Karenfag
>>
>>26274632
You are aware that most people just hacked their games for infinite TM's before Black and White, right? I didn't even play competetivly and I action Replayed that shit.

Infinite use TM's just remove hacking from the equation.
>>
>>26275096

It's not the worst idea, but I still prefer them being infinite the whole way through. Again, it's the ability to be creative with movesets that I find valuable and fun, and I don't want that ability to be limited when I'm building my team throughout the game. I think it's enough that individual TMs only become available as you progress through the game - that's enough of a roadblock without blocking multiple uses until postgame.
>>
Maybe the solution would be leave unique and special moves exclusive? Instead of everything and their mother learning psychic and dig.
>>
>>26274632
>Wants to replay the whole game just to get Earthquake into another Pokemon
>>
>>26274632
>digglet is known for dig
>first game
>way to third gym
>already have dig
>before encountering the digglet cave
Gee, sure. It was the most unique pokemon since the first game, right?
>>
>Someone actually defending breaking TMs
What
Maybe if they made ALL of them repeatable accessible by doing something or paying some amount of money breakable ones would have been passable but why bother when the simple solution is just make them infinite use.
>>
Gen 1 had infinite use TMs.
>>
>>26274632
there is no challenge in having to farm minigames for a tm
>>
>>26275591
Yeah once you got fly and surf
>>
File: mad meowth.png (2 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
mad meowth.png
2 KB, 128x128
>>26275270
>tm's that are right before the E4
>tm's that are after the e4
>>
You could probably try not using them. That might work. Similar to all the Pokemon I don't use because I don't really care to use them, despite them possibly being better. That's the thing I really like about these games, you can really choose to do things whatever way you want.
>>
>>26275977
Reminds me of the guy who hates the gen 6 exp. share but won't turn it off because he refuses to avoid any existing game mechanic that assists him.
>>
>>26274632
it's one thing for finite use tm's to be a thing, but there are so many that are one use only and then the tm's inaccessable forever, without being able to be bought anywhere. Even the ones that were buyable, the dept store had shit tm's, you had to grind slots/voltorb flip for a couple, and you had to get like 64 fucking BP just for one single use tm.

I'm glad it's gone.
>>
>>26275096
>>26274632
TMs are for the benefit of competitive play, not story.

Half the shit that's worth a damn is almost always sold at a facility, post-game or otherwise.
>>
>>26274632
Solution one, finite tms with a tm shop in the post game city with reasonable prices.

Solution two, infinite use but don't give you the good ones til very very late game
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.