[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This feeling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
Oldfags here.

Before the Internet was prevalent, before IV breeding and EV training. Before we knew pokemon would be an semi annual thing.

What was your initial reaction to seeing this. Did you save it. Did you get fucking stomped. (I know I did)

How did it feel being rewarded for exploring?

What do you say to people who can never really experience this again?
>>
Bumpski
>>
>>26270875
Eh, it was pretty underwhelming, but then again I was already into RPGs at that point.
>>
It was pretty insane. Loved the silence and everything that made it more dramatic.
>>
>>26270875
I didn't know what was happening. Was wondering what this guy who looked like me was doing here. Then the battle started and I had to use everything I had.
>>
>ITT: We weed out people who have never played any other JRPG in their life
>>
File: Kanto'_-_Red_and_Leaf.png (254 KB, 500x538) Image search: [Google]
Kanto'_-_Red_and_Leaf.png
254 KB, 500x538
>>26270875
I loved it.

Would have loved it even more if in HG/SS, you walk up to Red and go to talk to him, he turns around with the exclamation point, but then there is a noise from the entrance...

Leaf walks up so that you're pinned in between the two of them, you look back and forth between the two, then an exclamation point appears above YOUR head, and...

RED and LEAF would like to battle!
>>
>Unregistered Hypercam 2
>>
>>26271554
Fucking newfag, look at the newfag over here! What a god damn newfag. Newfags, everyone, am I right? This is neo-/vp/, full of newfags. Newafags sure are new. Newfags never remember old things. Fucking newfags.

>newfag doesn't remember the classic handheld game console
>Hypercam's successor, Hypercam 2
>Made by Unregistered
>Company founded by John Unregistered
>The Unregistered Hypercam 2
>Often abbreviated as UHC2

God damn it newfags. You could at least pretend to not be newfags. I hate newfags.
>>
File: 1313682174788.jpg (27 KB, 460x453) Image search: [Google]
1313682174788.jpg
27 KB, 460x453
>I hadn't saved since outside of Silver Cave
>spoke to him without realizing it would be a battle
>as soon as battle starts, the battery light on my GBC went RED
>GBC ran out of battery while fighting his last pokemon

It was painful.
>>
I actually played the Japanese version first.

Honestly, it was pretty amazing. I randomly stumbled upon Kanto (No decent guides back at the time online and can't read moonrunes) and was blown away. Randomly finding Red in the cave and fighting such a high level team was one of the best things I have experienced in the Pokemon franchise.
>>
>>26271615
>Unregistered Hypercam 2
>>
>>26271653
FUCKING NEWFAGS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>26270875
it was pretty easy to understand it was some kind of new boss, so of course I saved
then I had to fight the hero from yellow, it was neat, on the most agressive ost of the game

the best thing was how I could fight it again and again every day
>>
File: 1457240030321.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1457240030321.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>26271615
>>26271673
Whoosh.
>>
>>26271642
But the GBC battery light is always red, the battery light gradually becomes dimmer on those instead. Were you playing on a GBA?
>>
>>26270875
>Before the Internet was prevalen
I never got this far as a kid because I lost my copy of crystal. Then years later I finally saved up enough for a ds and got SS on launch with the rest of my friends. I was a stupid kid who lived in a small town and the most interaction I had with the internet was playing flash games,outside that I didn't know how to use it for anything else. All of gen 4 and the first half of gen 5 I played through with my group of friends without being spoiled by the internet. This actually made black 1 feel so much better than it actually was,everything was just a mystery. Also playing through SS and getting past where I got to in crystal was so great especially once I reached the end at MT silver.
>>
I broke him using my feraligatr only. Just like I did with E4. One-hit K.O. in every pokémon, even his Venusaur.

Easy but enjoyable.
>>
>>26271642
for you
>>
I remember my friend told me you could battle "Ash"
I watched as he went through the cave on my game and I battled him.

Can't remember if I won or lost first time around but I did beat him at some point with relative ease.
>>
I remember playing a Jap rom before the us release of Gold.
>>
>>26270875
It was a cool moment, but even as a kid a rekt his shit
>>
>>26270875
I used a lot of revives and hyper pots.
>>
I got destroyed. Trained a bit, went back and lost again but it was much closer this time. Third time I destroyed him.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.