[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Generation VII Confirmed Flop: Only Bare Minimum New Pokémon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: genwun_pandering_in_alola.jpg (28 KB, 695x382) Image search: [Google]
genwun_pandering_in_alola.jpg
28 KB, 695x382
>Game Freak joked previously about there being "only 10 new Pokémon".
>Besides that, some are concerned that there are too many Pokémon to account for nowadays.
>Considering how small the new region is, along with that concern and the new engine, we may actually be getting LESS new Pokemon than even Generation VI had.
>Concept art of fire trucks using Blastoise.
>A Meowth has been spotted in Alola also.
>Instead they are going to double-down on genwun pandering for Pokémon's 20th anniversary because it makes more business sense.

Sorry guys, I think Sun and Moon won't be able to redeem X and Y. Very disappointing... I will be skipping these games. Game Freak truly never learns.
>>
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________(You)_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>>
>>26268556
Shut your whore mouth :(
>>
Have you seen the whole region tho?
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
>>26268556
>>
>>26268556
They just want the Johto audience
>>
>>26268556
>>26268594
No one fucking cares OP
>>
>>26268556
WOW, GREAT BLOG FRIENDO!
A pity you posted it in the wrong place. Here, let me help you:
>>>/r9k/
>>>/r/pokemon
>>
>>26268556

> Implying GameFreak is retarded enough to use one island OUT OF AN ENTIRE FUCKING ARCHIPELAGO.

The autism here is incredible.
>>
>>26268556
you gotta be fucking kidding me..
>>
>>26268556
>Implying the number of new Pokemon has anything to do with the quality of the games
>Implying the region isn't bigger despite there not being enough room for 8 gyms
>Implying they can't have lots of new Water Pokemon
>Implying there being old pokemonyhas anything to do with the amount of new Pokemon
>>
>There are old pokemon present
>Therefore, there won't be new Pokemon
I mean ideally I'd love another gen 5 where there's only new Pokemon present until post-game, but they obviously realize pandering to nostalgiafags is more profitable.
>>
>>26268556
>Considering how small the new region is,

Hello hello, my name is Faggot, and like the OP I am a raging homosexual.

Did you all know that Hawaii is only one island? Proof that the new game is going to be in a tiny region. Undeniable proof, straight from the faggot's mouth.
>>
>>26268556
(You)
>>
>>26268556
>>Game Freak joked previously about there being "only 10 new Pokémon".
3 starters, so with evolutions that is 9 plus 3 legendaries makes 12 pokemon already. So already that has been disproved and the game just got a release date.
>>Besides that, some are concerned that there are too many Pokémon to account for nowadays.
This is true. Too many fucking pokemon.
>>Considering how small the new region is, along with that concern and the new engine, we may actually be getting LESS new Pokemon than even Generation VI had.
That's good. I'll take 50 good pokemon over 150 shit pokemon any day. I love all the pokemon revealed so far except for magiana.
>>Concept art of fire trucks using Blastoise.
You want them to introduce another pokemon with guns that shoot water?
>>A Meowth has been spotted in Alola also.
Another great pokemon. Are you saying Meowth and Blastoise shouldn't be in every single game?
>>Instead they are going to double-down on genwun pandering for Pokémon's 20th anniversary because it makes more business sense.
I'm a genwun and I don't mind being pandered to. I want to catch Bulbasaur in the wild. I want to catch zapdos in a thunder storm and try to catch mew like the snitch in harry potter.

I'm liking everything in SOON. Every single thing.
>>
People keep saying 12 new mons confirmed.
Friendly reminder it is actually thirteen.
9 starters
2 legends
Mag
Bird from trailer
>>
File: snorlax-ow.jpg (31 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
snorlax-ow.jpg
31 KB, 400x240
>>26268556
Did you really expect anything else? X/Y did a lot better than B/W purely because of the pandering. It works.
>>
>>26268556
>wanting 99999999999 pokemons the no one will remember
Fuck off, I hope they keep adding a small amount of new mons, and more support for pokemons that already exist.
>>
>I will be skipping these games. Game Freak truly never learns

Nobody cares whether you buy it or not.. GF is going to sell millions of copies with or without you.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 597x1758) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 597x1758
>>26268556
>new engine
It's just a slightly brushed up ORAS engine. Just look how ugly the trees look.
>>
4 million views in 1 day for the trailer no way it flops
>>
>>26269605

Gen 4 and 5 have different engines and share the same graphical style. So do Gen 1 and 2.
>>
>>26269605
Game Freak always uses the same engine. They used the same one for DPP and BW2.
>>
File: 5555.png (2 MB, 1311x849) Image search: [Google]
5555.png
2 MB, 1311x849
>>26269605
Whoever made this yo-kai pic is a fucking kek

pic related is yo-kai for 3ds
>>
File: sevii islands 2.gif (22 KB, 320x350) Image search: [Google]
sevii islands 2.gif
22 KB, 320x350
>>26268556
ah yes the one-island archipielago of Hawaii.
>>
File: image.png (314 KB, 800x416) Image search: [Google]
image.png
314 KB, 800x416
>>26268556
There is also a truck with Furfrou, Machoke, Wobbuffet and Ditto in one of the concept arts

NEWGENNERS BTFO

B
T
F
O
>>
>hawaii
>not cyprus
>>
We all know OP is a fag but stop saying that just because they allow old pokemon to appear in a game they're "pandering"
That word has become cancer and you should just fucking stop.
The first and most important thing with pokemon is gotta catch them all, not "gotta fucking start from zero".
>>
>>26268556
Gold and Silver uses Kanto Pokemon much more often than new Johto pokemon and we all loved those games. Who cares.
>>
>>26268665
>I buy new Pokemon games to catch old Pokemon again

This is how retarded you sound.
>>
k
>>
>>26268790
>magiana
End this meme
>>
>>26269657
What makes something a new engine? Clearly they've just been steadily improving the same engine since gen 1.
>>
>Getting triggered at the mere sight of a Gen 1 Pokemon

People whose first game was in Gen 3 or 4 really need to leave this site.
>>
>>26269313

>thousands more people bought the game to relive the epic moment of waking up a snorlax

you autists are the reason the series became what it is
>>
of course they wont use new designs in the concept art they are showing for the first teaser trailer

XY trailer also only had old pokemon excluding the starters and legends (just like it is now)
>>
>>26268655
After what's happened the past few years, I don't trust GF to make good decisions anymore.
>>
They will always be lame until they stop advertising this game to be something it's not. This is no adventure, it's laddering. I will not consider sports to be an adventure, not even if it involves cross country running, biking, or any other leg-powered conveyance.
>>
>>26268556
The more important thing people are missing is that because the overworld is the way it is, we will see many more pokemon about in the overworld using their 3D models just doing pokemon world things. Blastoise in fire trucks, pokemon hanging out with their trainers and in houses. It's going to spike up from the amount there were in XY.

I don't care how few new pokemon we get if this is going to be a far more immersive and enjoyable pokeworld to make up for it.
>>
File: 1438267391559.jpg (17 KB, 560x278) Image search: [Google]
1438267391559.jpg
17 KB, 560x278
>>26268556
>mfw XY are my favorite Pokemon games so far and I'm expecting SM to be even better
Here OP, have a (You) to relieve your pain.
>>
> Small region and amount of Pokemon in the retail release
> Other islands and a small amount of new Pokemno each will be DLC

I'd be alright with that
>>
>>26269313
Fuck no. BW was pandering done right.
>>
>>26269746
That's not Machoke
>>
It'll flop because it's TooMuchWater2.0 RIGHT AFTER we had ORAS. It's not a launch day buy for me. I'll wait a week and buy it secondhand (you know it'll be available).
>>
>>26271885

>Unironically liking X/Y

I get that you are excited but don't be a complete retard.
>>
>>26268556
10 new pokemon is still ten more than Johto had. That game had zero new pokemon.
>>
>>26268556

>Considering how small the new region is

Why is this meme floating around. They showed you one island with one town in it. There is no fucking way all 8 gyms are in that one town. Not to mention it is based in Hawaii the fucking Island state.

Please go be retarded on youtube comment selection where you belong.
>>
>>26268556
Three starters and their evos
Sun legend
Moon legend

That's 11 you nerd. mastuda lied!!!
>>
>>26273488
Gotta save that dollar
>>
>>26268556
All of your "concerns" are either pure speculation or complete fucking lies.

I like how you post your bullshit as if it's the stone cold truth when in reality, you obviously know less than we do about S&M. So how about you go do your research before making a post, you retarded fucking faggot?
>>
>>26269699
Tbh fampai starting town seems to be on Oahu, third biggest.
And it takes most of it.
I can see them stretching other islands to make up for entire region, but it still seems to be kinda small.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.