[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Quagsire moved from NU to OU >Amoonguss moved form RU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Cena Laugh.gif (2 MB, 193x200) Image search: [Google]
Cena Laugh.gif
2 MB, 193x200
>Quagsire moved from NU to OU
>Amoonguss moved form RU to OU
Stallfags BTFO
>>
Can someone please explain what tier shit even means?

How exactly does Smogon have control of competitive play?
>>
>>26268530
How is that a BTFO to stallfags? If anything they got stronger.
>>
>>26268566
>2016
>playing above RU
>>
>>26268552
Pokemon are put in tiers based on how much they're used, so say if one Pokemon in the NU (Never Used) tier was used 100% of the time (every single team) it would be deemed too good for NU and moved up
>>
>>26268620

No the deemed too good part isn't true. It simply moves up because of receiving enough usage in the respective tier it moves up to
>>
>>26268866
What's the exact amount of usage required to go up? Or is it completely arbitrary and made up?
>>
>>26268552

Smogon does not have control of competitive play. You choose to play if you want. Pokemon move up if they receive enough usage in a tier. For example, the benchmark for OU and all tiers is 3.41% usage and Quagsire and Amoonguss both hit more than that in OU, thus they moved up. It has nothing to do with being too good in a lower tier, that isn't true(as someone above mentioned). Pokemon that are deemed possibly too good for a tier are suspected and voted on by the community to be banned to a BL(borderline/banlist) tier or stay in the tier.
>>
>>26268893

3.41%
>>
>>26268913
>Pokemon that are deemed possibly too good for a tier are suspected and voted on by the community to be banned to a BL(borderline/banlist) tier or stay in the tier.

That's retarded and completely arbitrary. Democracy shouldn't decide these types of issues.
>>
File: 1457037906787.gif (684 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1457037906787.gif
684 KB, 800x800
>>26268530
>waiting a staller out on showdown because I'm a neet with too much time on my hands

Story
>random battle
>faggot gets shit tier pogeys
>ohko his first pogey
>cue 2 minute countdown until win

He raged so hard at me in the chat afterwards.
>>
This is why PU is objectively the best tier.
>>
>>26270897
The roster of mons available is limited tho.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.