[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"In terms of the customization of the trainer, that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 333x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 333x337
>"In terms of the customization of the trainer, that was really kind of a special thing for the Kalos region, which featured this kind of motif of France and really focused on this beauty and fashion aspect, which is why it was a prominent feature in that game. For this game, we're focusing on adventuring elements, so we don't have the actual free customization of the trainer (...)

So we all agree that customisation being a Kalos only thing was a big fat lie and Masuda should be hanged, right?
>>
>Nintendo and TPC will hang me by the balls if I even imply that they're rushing the games, Masuda stated.
>>
>>26267770
Maybe SM's trainer is from Kalos
>>
>>26267770
I picked the lightest skin, but I absolutely hated having blonde hair. If we don't get customization again, I think I'm going to riot. (I could never boycott.)
>>
>>26267779
This

Remember how Nintendo came out saying that had lost a bunch of money?

And then ORAS was announced out of nowhere?

They pushed GF to make a game that would get them all this money back, using as little resources as possible. I'm sure if ORAS was planned and developed according to GFs schedule, it would have been much better than what we got.

Not to say that ORAS is 'bad', it just does nothing to make it 'good', it's very middle of the road.
>>
Reminder that so far we've only seen the boy with the exact same clothes but only different colors.
Prepare to be disappointed with this "customization".
>>
>>26267984
Could be also this I suppose

Color variants of your current T-shirt, shoes etc but no different outfits XY style
>>
>>26267814
Nice conspiracy theory.
>>
>>26268002
It's not conspiracy when it's exactly what happened. Maybe even you could see it if you didn't have GameFreak's cock attached firmly to your mouth
>>
Who's conspiring? Companies push teams to rush games all the time.
>>
The new games do not have customisation. They give you the option to chose a skin tone that you like at the start of the game, probably trying to keep to the modern theme of hurr durr everything needs powerful women and powerful people of colour (Or at least the option to)
>>
Matsuda was basically
>implying that race & ethnicity are fashion statements

I'm glad they decided to change their mind and give us customization back. I guess Pokemon doesn't always have to be regressive after all!
>>
Or the black striped shirt was an error made by the group that put the video together and ther is no customization. Picking your tan level hardly qualifies since its still the same generic male.
>>
>>26268000
It wouldn't be that bad I suppose. I can see them doing this, too and there wouldn't be any Dresses or Long sleeve shirts because its a tropical island and in Gamefreak mind people there dont wear that kind of stuff so I can just see them not adding any clothes.
>>
>>26267770
Maybe they'll allow you to pick basic clothes at the beginning, but not let you change after that?

..I'd prefer XY style customisation but with more options, though. They seem to be adding customisation to every other game - pokken, GO, even rumble world has it, surely they won't leave the main series in the dust?
>>
>>26267770
Why is his face so punchable?
>>
>>26268482
Fucking PBR had trainer customisation but GameFreak still refuses to get with times

I'm in the "you can change the color of your shirt and not much else" camp with this. In the trailer you can see the character wearing differently colored clothes BEFORE getting his starter. I don't think they'd put boutiques in the game that early, so it probably means you can adjust the color of your clothes at the start of the game.

Plus, none of the characters actually wear different clothes or accessories (like glasses) at any point during the video. The male character always has the same basic striped shirt, hat, shorts and shoes combo, only in slightly different colors.
>>
>>26267770
This is just their excuse to why Hoenn was dogshit
>>
>>26269006
People speculated the same thing after XY's first trailer.
>>
>>26267770
Why not both? do they have to focus on one and only one thing?
>>
>>26269027
Except you can actually see XY male protag changing his glasses in the first trailer
>>
File: 1462896299359.png (812 KB, 874x594) Image search: [Google]
1462896299359.png
812 KB, 874x594
>>26267770

Masuda was saying that in context of reasoning why it wouldn't appear in ORAS not that it wouldn't come back next gen.

Besides this kinda thing isn't new, we'll already use to future installments not using features from past games.

>>26268072

> probably trying to keep to the modern theme of hurr durr everything needs powerful women and powerful people of colour (Or at least the option to)

They're including that option because it's a relatively cheap feature to implement that gives everyone a sense personal connection and is the logical conclusion to a series that places emphasis on trading and micro - management in terms of pokemon. At this point they would look completely incompetent not to have it, especially when it is this popular on an international level.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.