[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else thinks Roothoot is probably a beta design or second
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 27
File: rowlet and roothoot.png (137 KB, 553x523) Image search: [Google]
rowlet and roothoot.png
137 KB, 553x523
Who else thinks Roothoot is probably a beta design or second stage?

I do not have strong opinions but roothoot looks so similar it's crazy. I can't imagine anyone managed to get it this close without some inside knowledge.
>>
Keep in mind Roothoot's leak was never in the same photo as the other two mons. Anons made the concept of them ALL being starters themselves.

Roothoot is a starter evo. The other two seen together are dex filler or pseudos.
>>
File: 1457301914596.jpg (87 KB, 1008x1156) Image search: [Google]
1457301914596.jpg
87 KB, 1008x1156
This pic was posted a few minutes after the original. No color but we see the beige overlaying another area above the legs like rowlet
>>
File: 1458296365877.jpg (28 KB, 311x315) Image search: [Google]
1458296365877.jpg
28 KB, 311x315
HOW ABOUT

>only the animal the starters were based off of were leaked
>people capitalized on it by making shitty fakes
>tards like you make these threads
>>
>>26267091

Roothoot leaked months before the trademarks dumbass
>>
Fuck off, they don't look anything alike.

Also, I like how the red eye color was conveniently omitted from the supposed "similar palette".
>>
>>26267096
[citation needed]
>>
>>26267091
The animals were leaked after. Do you not see how similar they are? Even if someone told me that the upcoming grass starter would be a brown and green owl I don't think I'd draw anything this close to the real deal. Especially where each color is, the overlaying face, and the indent on the top of the face. Also the two leaves facing each direction.
>>
That one fake Seal starter looked as similar to Popplio as that shitty owl does to Rowlet. Just fuck off, please, let it die.

Even if it was a beta design there's no way it's the second stage. Why would it completely lose it's beak? Why would it switch from a barn owl to a horned owl? Why would it lose the bowtie? Why would it suddenly look so fucking stupid?
>>
>>26267117
http://fgts.jp/vp/thread/25472064 March 6, 2016

Trademarks leaked April 20th.
>>
>>26267035
>I can't imagine anyone managed to get it this close without some inside knowledge.
They did have inside knowledge. Real descriptions of the pokemon were leaked ages ago and its not hard for an artist to visualise a description.
>>
>>26267121
Roothoot is a barn owl you moron
>>
>>26267140
First I'm hearing of these leaked descriptions. Unless you mean the leaked names, but those were leaked over a month after roothoot was posted
>>
>>26267140
Roothoot leaked before that shit you worthless newfag
See >>26267128
>>
>>26267143

>Completely ignoring the 'Finn the Human' horns it has

Alright pal, if you feel like getting BTFO a second time be my guest.
>>
>>26267165
>horns
>implying owls dont have ears
>>
>>26267153
>>26267128
They must have had actual insider knowledge ala Uncle that works for GameFreak

What are you even trying to say? That they didn't have knowledge of it?
>>
>>26267171
those aren't ears though, owls ears are holes located on the side of their heads. some owls have "horns", aka great horned owl
>he talks shit without knowing owl anatomy
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
>>26267187
>What are tufts
Git gud or fuck off
>>
>>26267183
That's what I'm trying to say. I do not believe roothoot is completely fake. It is somehow related to rowlet whether it is evo, beta design, or something else.
>>
>>26267121
The seal is similar because it's a just a generic seal, we knew it would have a ball theme because of name, and blue because it's a water starter. Rowlet and Roothoots main colors aren't even green.

>>26267121
You have to be joking if you honestly believe roothoot is a 100% a horned owl and not at all related to a barn owl. The only thing that VN connecting it to a horned owl are the nub ears. Everything else screams barn owl. If you put the horns on Rowlet would you say it definitely wasn't a barn owl? Why even act like it isn't? Would the leak be just too much of a coincidence for you if you thought it really was based on a barn owl in any capacity?

I'm not saying it means anything, it certainly is just a coincidence, but you don't need to try and underplay their similarity.

>why would it suddenly look so stupid
Said everyone about almost every middle starter by the way
>>
>>26267209
oh better call whoever named the great horned owl and tell them they're wrong
>>
>>26267213
Well I guess that might be it maybe, one thing that i don't get is how fucked the other starters it's with are.

they look like booty cheeks
>>
imo, this is the most rational route. I thought it was fake at first but after seeing the evidence of when it was posted plus the similarities between their appearances I now believe that Roothoot is not just your run of the mill fakemon.
>>
>>26267262
I think one weird thing is no one has claimed them yet. Most people who makes fakes can't even wait until the real ones are real to take credit for epic trolling. Only thing I can think of is they want to hold out and make /vp/ suffer even more by never saying (which most fakers who do it for attention couldn't bear with) or there's some seed of being real here in some way.
>>
I think, as some anon said on another thread, that the kids on the ad might have told someone how Rowlet was, but like in the telephone game, some info got misinterpreted and ended in Roothoot.
I know it's a wild guess, but the resemblance is uncanny.
>>
>>26267310
Sadly, the future will probably look something like this:

>rowlet evo revealed
>taller rowlet, more pronounced features but not quite the same as roothoot
>"owlfags btfo"
>roothoot fades away as no one takes credit for it
>5 years later during an interview or with the release of some early designs we finally experience closure
>>
>>26267332
>but the resemblance is uncanny
It's almost as if they're both based off of owls.
>>
File: 1449325134297.gif (747 KB, 408x172) Image search: [Google]
1449325134297.gif
747 KB, 408x172
>this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNVDRR6U3hg
>>
>>26267332
You'd think they'd mention its extreme roundness

Also why would it be drawn in Pokemon style in weird cropped angles plus an outline version if it was just someone else's interpretation?

I'm in the "probably betamon" group
>>
>>26267035
Just let it go owlfag. YOu got a lucky guess. and that's it

>b-b-but the fake artist predicted a grass owl
So did the guy who made Cactowl back in Gen 5

>b-b-but the color scheme
A lot of more iconic owls are white/beige in coloration. Add the green that is commom on grass pokémon. Wow that sure was a god-tier prediction, hue hue hue

Just let it go owlfag. Roothoot was never real and will never be real. It's fake. An unclaimed fake like Mothmon, but fake nonetheless. Let it go
>>
This isn't even that big a coincidence. It's just normal barn owl colors mixed with the obvious green because grass type.
>>
>>26267351
That's true, the first thing I noticed about Rowlet is its roundness. As you say, it could easily be a beta design.
The thing is I believe there's a link between these two.
>>
>>26267344
If someone asked you to draw a grass owl starter, would you likely include the exact same colors, face positioning (within the beige), and the little notch in its face?

What if they didn't mention it was an owl?

I challenge the deniers in this thread to find any fakemon "leaked" before the real starter that matched the color scheme, features, quirks, and animal.
>>
>>26267344
People keep saying this like there aren't and werent a bunch of owl fakemon before and after the names leak. None of them were similar besides "theyre owla". This is the only one whose resemblance goes beyond that, into the realm of being based primarily on the same kind of owl, beyond the color scheme. If you can't tell there's a difference between the other owl fakes released after the names even if the only difference is that it was a luckier guess then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>26267080
Except cubble in the very first thread, right? He's second stage too, right?
>>
Owlfags really need to kill themselves
>>
>>26267440
I don't know what to think about the fire guy since he's so clearly different from litten. Water guy looks similar to Popplio, though. Roothoot is just so close I can't deny it. All three were posted in the same thread though.
>>
>>26267366
Surprised it took this long for that to come up. How often do Pokemon actually have the same color as what they're based on in real life? Especially a starter which has a huge bias leaning towards being primarily green which both roothoot and Rowlet weren't. I think if someone asked me to make a barn owl Pokemon, I'd probably have made it a light green with the white face and some brown accents, but not mainly brown and white. Ibalso think it's weird both decided to do something unique with the beak.
>>
>>26267401
>same colors
Yeah, considering the barn owls are the most famous ones, it's very likely

>face positioning
There are several pokémon with the same positioning. Rowlet is hardly unique in that regard

>little notch
Several pokémon have the notch

And then we have a completely different face structure, body structure (rowlet is round, fake owl is not), completely diferent body, no leaf bowtie, etc etc.

For the record there was a fake shaymin sky forme that ended up pretty close to real thing. Fake nonetheless

Kill yourself owlfag
>>
>>26267401
But they look totally different. They have a different shaped thing on their face, their eyes are different, their mouths are different, the fakemon has ears. They're totally different.
>>
>>26267479
Fake shaymin sky forme had precedent, being the land forme. He also didn't get that close.

This is out of nowhere grass starter. He could have drawn any animal in the world any way he wanted. He happened to choose the right one, the right colors, and a bunch of features correctly.

>>26267487
I definitely see differences but I wouldn't call them totally different
>>
File: owlfags on suicide watch.png (220 KB, 800x454) Image search: [Google]
owlfags on suicide watch.png
220 KB, 800x454
>>26267401
>>26267479
And just because I'm having fun watching you owlfags squirm here's a owl fakémon I found on Google.

It has the oh-so-important notch, same face position, same color scheme, hell it even predicted Rowlet's exact shape.

Clearly this guy has GF contacts and predicted Rowlet years in advance. Dipshit
>>
>>26267035
They aren't similar at all besides the color palette. Fuck off.
>>
>>26267487
They're not "totally different". Cactowl is "totally different". That owl that was faked with the white seal and orange kitten was "totally different".
>>
>>26267035
Stop this fucking shit, retard.
>>
>>26267531
If that owl was posted a month ago and not 5 years ago, looked more like a grass type (include the two leaves), match the colors, and was drawn in real pokemon style, I'd defend it.
>>
>>26267587
It has as many indications that is a grass type as roothoot, and only goes to show, it's possible to come up with a grass owl idea and end up with a fakemon that looks a lot like Rowlet

Of course it's fake. Just like roothoot. After the denial comes the acceptance, owlfag. Time to face the owl you shitposted for months was always fake
>>
>>26267587
Same guy, meant a few months ago (before trademark leaks). Also, I'm totally willing to change my mind with the right evidence and I will admit to being wrong if/when a faker comes forward. Keep in mind I thought it was most likely 100% fake until the real one was revealed.
>>
>>26267608
see
>>26267610
I did not defend rowlet nor attack it. I only really learned about it a couple weeks ago and I'm trying to look at it objectively.
>>
>>26267610
Burden of proof is on you owlfags, to prove Roothoot is some sort of official beta concept art, not on the rational people on /vp/ that realize roothoot was never more than a fluke.

You don't get to change your mind based on evidence, you have to look for evidence to support your position.

I already shown you another example of someone who predicted a grass owl that ended up with several similarities to Rowlet, I'd argue it has more similarities than roothoot.

You are completely full of shit in your claim, especially because even though you owlfags are forgetting it on purpose, cubble and finpin are also part of the ebin leaks, and they don't look nothing like the real ones.
>>
>>26267610
>Also, I'm totally willing to change my mind with the right evidence
You must be a Christian because you believe things are real until they're proven to be fake. No point arguing my points with you then since you'll never believe them.
>>
>>26267643
I will change my mind based on evidence and I won't deny what I previously believed.

That owl you linked is quite close but I would not say it is closer than roothoot, plus it was posted years ago which groups it with tens of thousands of fakemon rather than just hundreds. Keep in mind that a majority of fakemon are revealed as fakemon when they were posted (like the one you posted on deviantart) Roothoot was not.

All fakemon
minus anything older than 3/4 months
minus anything not grass starter
minus anything not owl
minus anything explicitly saying it's fake

We are left with roothoot and it looks quite similar, too.

The other two guys definitely aren't helping me too much because despite the water one being mildly related they are not very similar at all, no.
>>
>>26267687
I'm not religious. If christianity had a breakthrough of evidence, I'd probably move over to it.

I originally believed roothoot was fake until more evidence came forward.

I said I'm totally willing to change my view and I have once, when rowlet was revealed. Where did you get the impression I wouldn't?
>>
>>26267730
>I originally believed roothoot was fake until more evidence came forward.
What evidence?
>>
>>26267738
I originally dismissed it as fake and a lucky guess (what with all the fakemon) but I changed my mind when rowlet was revealed and it had the same colors and very similar features.
>>
>>26267080
This is what I believe. Hell mate, Cubble has a volcanic theme and Finpip is a dolphin. Two things Hawaii is known for.

Coincidence?
>>
>>26267721
Once again you do not get to change your mind based on evidence, because burden of proof is one your side. You took a pic originally posted on 4chan (NOT 2ch like owlfags claim) and decided it was somehow real. It's on you to prove it's real, not on me to prove it's fake.

Just because no one came forward is no proof of anything, mothmon's artist never came forward either. I guess he's also real, because the real artist never came up

And since the only thing roothoot and rowlet have in commom is being a grass owl with the barn owl color palette, it seems like a far cry from being real. It doesn't look !quite similar", it has a completely different body shape and face.

And once again Cubble and Finpip will be forever a thorn on your side. If we are to believe that the original guy somehow drew starters based on description how do you fuck up so bad on Litten?

>>26267754
Considering Hawaii theories have been around since February and before the trademarks, that's a moot point
>>
>>26267750
That's not evidence.
>>
>>26267035
>completely different eyes
>completely different mouth
>completely different body structure
>completely different color placement
>completely different everything
>the only thing remotely similar is that they are both owls
It looks so similar! It's almost like someone could guess that a grass starter would be green after 6 generations of green grass starters!
>>
>>26267784
But... Neither actually have green on them as the main color. That's one of the weird parts for someone trying to fake an owl starter.
>>
This convinced me it must be somehow related:

How many "leaks" have been posted before trademarks but after announcement that has not revealed the artist or at least full artwork? Very, very few. (Probably just these guys and that moth)

What are the chances he guessed it would be an owl with those colors and the face shape
>>
>>26267784
It's not even green, it's brown with very small green pieces. This gen is the first to do this except cyndaquil. The eyes, mouth, and body structure are different, yes. Color placement is not different unless you mean the leaves moves from outside to in.
>>
>Rowlet's wings turn into actual leaves

how about no

how about fuck off

let it die already
>>
>>26267455
>popplio looks similar
I don't see it anon. One is completely round (which is why you thought it was real) and this one actually has something to do with balls.

Why do owlfags not realize that these two mons were clearly different. Even if it is a beta mon, it still does not match up with the actual design.
>>
>>26267832
That's why I think it's more likely beta and not evo, it'd be dumb to see the leaves change like that and the face as well.

>>26267837
I mean similar as in more similar than popplio to any other water starter
>>
>>26267849
And it's still radically different. One is a dolphin. the other is a sea lion. Not even remotely comparable. Grasp at straws more
>>
>>26267855
>>26267855
You're right but I was not trying to make a point with popplio and the dolphin thing. Those two are way off. I'm trying to ignore the differences but if nintendo introduced roothoot as the gen 8 starter everyone would go nuts over how similar they look.
>>
>>26267875
I meant to say similarities, not differences. Sorry, I'm tired
>>
>>26267035
>Loses beak
>Loses Bowtie
>Doesnt fit in with the theme

Yeah I doubt it
>>
>>26267035
The main problem with Roothoot as an evo is that it completely looses its hinted-at theme of a gentleman-owl.
Where's the continuation of the bow tie? Where is the possible tuxedo, implied by its tail-leaf? Thats not how evolutions work... in its basic form pokemon, especially starters, usually have a subtle theme, which crystallises with their subsequent forms. Roothoot doesn't have that. I can see how Litten becomes a grumpy tiger. I can see how Popplio becomes a grown clown-seal. But I can't imagine how Rowlet can become a gentleman-owl with Roothoot being its middle evolution.
Plus, there is the size issue. The mid-evos of starters grow in size. I don't see how Roothoot is significantly taller than Rowlet.
Could it have been a beta version? Maybe. Could someone just have drawn their own interpretation out of a few key facts, like color scheme and form? Possibly.
>>
File: 1446972357814.png (61 KB, 387x346) Image search: [Google]
1446972357814.png
61 KB, 387x346
>>26267913
Already based art of the girl? damn son
>>
>>26267913
>>26267943
OP here arguing for "legit somehow"

Second evo does seem less likely which is unfortunate because I will not get closure until the faker comes forward or pokemon shows off roothoot as beta design

The interpretation theory makes sense but I don't get why the photos would be all weird angled and cropped plus in real pokemon style.
>>
>>26267831
Fennekin, chimchar, chespin
>>
honestly, I think roothoot and rowlet look way too different.
I mean, look at that beak (or the lack of beak) I just don't see Rowlet evolving into Roothoot.
sorry!
>>
>>26267774
Yes but when you join them with the owl, with the same fucking color scheme, and the fact these were never disproven, I'd say these three might have a good shot at being real.

Remember the Wattergate and the other leaks that ended up real. Nothing is fake until proven otherwise.
>>
>>26267249
I don't believe these leaks are real, but I do think that it's fair to assume that there's a possibility that both owlfags and denialfags were wrong about them being starters, and that they're meant to be regular pokemon encountered in the game.
>>
>>26268640
Just stop, I know your trying to salvage your retardation, but just stop.

You let shitposters fool you into thinking they were real, and stop with the wottergate bullshit. It doesn't magically make every "leak" real.
>>
>>26267987
I thought the faker DID come forward ages ago. Were the other fakes definitely associated with it? If so, then they're all fake by proxy.
>>
>>26267332
>uncanny
Looks nothing like Rowlet.
>>
>>26267479
Actually the fake shaymin was based on a description from some Japanese guy who saw it. That's why it looked similar.
>>
File: image.gif (473 KB, 297x212) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
473 KB, 297x212
>owlfag STILL desperate to claim their shit fake is real
Go on motherfucker, screenshot my post and add it to the compilations you made when you thought you were right. Post them while you're at it, I want to see how many people you got BTFO by b
>>
>>26267913
Would be perfect without the willy, why do people have to ruin perfectly fine images with a willy?

Fanny shoop when?
>>
File: 038_039_by_nachtbeirmann.png (91 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
038_039_by_nachtbeirmann.png
91 KB, 700x500
HOLY SHIT A ROUND GREEN AND TAN GRASS OWL. THIS IS EXACTLY LIKE ROWLET. THE GUY THAT MADE IT MUST'VE HAD INSIDE KNOWLEDGE.
>>
>>26267035
I doubt it. "Roothoot" looks like a fan pokemon, at best. Can't tell what the fuck is up with it's face.
>>
>>26267035
Apparently copying Chesnaughts colour pallet makes it hard to guess
Ok
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 400x550
Final Evolution right here. A fucking Owlbear
>>
>>26267440
Actually it does sound like its fur burns off when it evolves judging by the description....
>>
Fake leaks happen all the time, sometimes people get lucky with certain details. I'm reasonably sure that's all this is. Obviously I can't be completely sure, but I'm damn near certain considering how different the two look, without even having similar themes going beyond "an owl".
>>
File: 040__noibat_by_luisbrain.png (104 KB, 700x416) Image search: [Google]
040__noibat_by_luisbrain.png
104 KB, 700x416
Fakemons have never come close to matching real mons before right? This is clearly Noibat's concept art.
>>
>>26268847
What does that have to do with grass?
>>
>>26267035
saying roothoot isnt in any way connected to rowlet is truely being a denialfag. There is just no other way, they look way too similiar

that being said, i hope roothoot got replaced by rowlet, i dont want that shitty owl in my game, not even as a middle stage evolution.
I doubt it will be the middlestage though since rowlet has got the whole bowtie leaf gimmick going and roothoot doesnt
>>
>>26267035
If this is what it was like dealing with Ridleyfags after the April Direct back in 2014 then I apologize you guys. The denial is so fucking unbearable.
>>
>>26267035
roothoot is so much better than that abomination
>>
People still trying it. How pathetic
>>
>>26268923

What do owls have to do with grass?
>>
File: barn owl.jpg (55 KB, 865x421) Image search: [Google]
barn owl.jpg
55 KB, 865x421
BREAKING NEWS

BARN OWLS LOOK LIKE BARN OWLS
>>
>>26267035
>still trying to force these shitty fakes
It's time to stop posting.
>>
>>26267587
Just stop
>>
>>26267754
People already speculated Hawaii was the inspiration of the region way before these atrocities surfaced so I don't see how that helps your case
>>
>>26267035
Rowlet just looks fucked up and stupid
>>
My question would be why did we get "beta art" when the previous leaks were ACTUALLY spot on?
>>
File: Holy me.png (554 KB, 1024x1002) Image search: [Google]
Holy me.png
554 KB, 1024x1002
>>
>>26269198

It's the only way owlfags can justify the art looking like complete shit and inaccurate. "It's was just a beta!"
>>
>>26269220
stfu rowlet is fucking ugly, roothoot at least has some personality
>>
>>26269250

Owlags shouldn't be allowed to live, they're both retarded and have shit taste.
>>
>>26269198
You mean in previous gens? That could be because we never got leaks this early.The nature of the leaks is bound to change depending on how far the game is into development.
>>
Do you think there's any correlation between Rowlet and Roothoot?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10182638
>>
>>26269328
That's not how it works.
>>
>>26268847
but i wanted an owl with a bear body, not a bear with an owl head!
>>
>roothoot

Losing my shit here as an aussie what the fuck
>>
File: smugroothoot.png (110 KB, 320x338) Image search: [Google]
smugroothoot.png
110 KB, 320x338
>>
>>26267035
See, its one thing for people to make little theories about stuff like this, and sure, if you ignore all the clear design differences, the color scheme and animal basis are quite close. But this much denial, its like people actually WANT roothoot to be real, which I dont understand, its one of the ugliest 'pokemon' designs I have ever seen, that mouth is disgusting and the line of th eyebrows into the mouth is nonsensical. Not to mention all the incredibly lopsided lines would be proof enough for any normal person that it is fake as all fuck. Even if it was rough concept art, no self respecting artist would fuck up the perspective that much with how the back eyes position relates to the front. Its all incredibly lopsided.
>>
>>26269391
Delete this
>>
>>26267035
Let it go you autistic faggot.
>>
>>26267035
>beige color
Not the same. Root hoot is much lighter.

>body color
Not the same. Root is green. Rowlet is the beige.

>wings

Totally different.

>eyes

Totally different.

>body shape

Totally different.

>beak and facial structure

Different. Only similar is the face mask which still isn't same shape nor is an uncommon design choice.

>legs

Different.

Just stop already with this shit.
>>
File: roothoot.jpg (11 KB, 423x279) Image search: [Google]
roothoot.jpg
11 KB, 423x279
she's literally perfect. here's hoping rowlet's 2nd evo looks similar to her
>>
So this is what the owl fags transformed into...
>>
>>26269475
Would not fuck.
>>
>>26269475
Wheres the bowtie?
I'm hoping he gets a monocle.
>>
>>26269475
garbage
>>
>owlfags proven wrong
>still clinging onto their foolish beliefs with a new theory to obsess over

McFucking Kill Yourselves.
>>
>>26267035
I'm in the camp that says Roothoot is the second stage of Rowlet.
>>
>>26269647
Camp wisukunstagenaw located right over there by those goalposts.
... well, there were goalposts there but it seems as though they're missing now.
>>
File: s.png (219 KB, 284x422) Image search: [Google]
s.png
219 KB, 284x422
This whole thing remind me when an anon got lucky and guessed Pyroar name and then everyone in the thread panic and tried to track down all his other posts.

That happens. I'm not even picking the owl, but I'm getting tired of it. You guys need to let go.
>>
>>26268640
>owlfag logic

It's the other way arpound dipshit. Everything is fake until proven real.

Owl was never proven. And it can't because its fake. Remain BTFO
>>
File: 1462894162752.jpg (78 KB, 783x443) Image search: [Google]
1462894162752.jpg
78 KB, 783x443
>>26268824
Not even remotely as close,,
>>
>>26270061
I dont see why everyone always posts fanart of Roothoot that specifically removes all the crippling artistic and design flaws that plague it. Deviantart produces more coherent designs. The way the eyebrows meet up with the sides of the heart shape (which is also drawn completely wrong) would result in the entire face being twisted to the side, none of the lines work out. The ears are a complete mess, and the mouth makes LITERALLY no sense, especially with how it seems to combine with the eyebrows.

Then there are the design differences, Rowlet and Roothoot share a color scheme and nothing else. The bowtie on Rowlet is not represented or evolved in any way on Roothoot, and the beak on Rowlet is COMPLETELY absent, replaced with that deformed mouth. The head shape is also completely different, Rowlet's is a sideways 8 shape, while Roothoot is weirdly heart shaped (and also lopsided as all hell seriously how do people ignore that). The wings have also completely changed, Rowlet has the standard type of wing you expect from pokemon, while Roothoot has these deformed appendages dissimilar to anything Gamefreak has ever passed off as wings.
>>
File: 1462975521893.jpg (68 KB, 783x443) Image search: [Google]
1462975521893.jpg
68 KB, 783x443
>>26270179
any better?
could someone add a dark green leaf tie?
>>
>>26270179
almost all of your pointers can be dismissed by saying that original roothoot is beta art. That's why people are changing the design slightly cause that's what is expected to happen.

I'm the guy who drew this >>26270061
and I don't believe it's going to happen but at least now roothoot once again has more hints pointing to it being real in some way.
I just don't understand why people aggressively deny roothoot. I just kinda wait it out and discuss.
>>
>>26270312
what is the point of this
>>
>>26270312
You made it look shittier.
>>
File: 1462788077549.png (1 MB, 1136x568) Image search: [Google]
1462788077549.png
1 MB, 1136x568
>>26270312
ROOTHOOT STAGE 2 CONFIRMED
>>
I wasn't around when roothoot was posted. What's story behind this leak
>>
>>26270402
5 or 6 people started spamming a fakemon based on a blurry pic everywhere on /vp/
>>
>>26270415
I see. But unlike other leaks no one was capable of finding a source in pixiv or other asian art site. So there's no way of telling if it's fake or not.

If someone can find the source, we could just forget the whole thing.
>>
>>26270494
No, you won't.

I'm done, you've all officially become too dumb to live.
>>
>>26267035
I could see it getting taller and slimmer to match a more ringleader/gentleman/magician look.
>>
>>26270494
Nigga, the real starters are out and they are not Roothoot. The original artist is irrelevant because roothoot is fake

Let it go Owlfag
>>
>>26267171
>Implying owls are birds
>>
>>26267035
I thought so too, but people kept telling me that Roothoot was fake, so I don't know anymore...
>>
>>26267911
>theme
What theme?
>>
>>26267943
That's why it's a beta design, anon. Maybe Roothoot will look different to match Rowlet's design, if Roothoot is actually real and is going to be Rowlet's evolution...
>>
>>26267121
Apply your logic to, say, Serperior when it leaked.

>Even if it was a beta design there's no way it's the third stage. Why would it completely lose its arms and legs? Why would it switch from a stood up lizard to a snake? Why would it lose the tail trident? Why would it suddenly look so fucking stupid?
>>
>>26267106
>Fuck off, they don't look anything alike.
neither did Frogadier and Greninja
>>
I honestly cannot believe people are still pushing this. It shouldn't surprise me since this happens all the time and yet here we are.
>>
>>26267855
Yeah, that's why if it's real then it can be considered a beta design of Popplio becuase it doesn't really look like its final design at all (they're different animals) but still looks slightly similar (like their color scheme). Same with Roothoot and to some extant, the rocky looking fire starter.

But there is always a chance that they were fake after all...
>>
>>26270494

It's real into proven otherwise thing mentality.

/vp used to be better then that. Now we are a laughing stock of fake leaks and retards like you.
>>
>>26272289
Says the fuckboy who types like a retard
>>
>>26267143
Well, I guess its face looked similar to a barn owl.
>>
>>26267187
>falling for a meme
kek
>>
>>26272289
>used to be better

No, this has been fairly consistent across /v/ and later /vp/ for a number of years now, even before /vp/ was a thing.
>>
That feeling when you realize that roothoot is doing the ladies and gentlemen pose and his skin starts to resemeble a tux which ties in with the ringmaster look
>>
>Implying by his final form he isn't going to be a transforming owl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSGHNfxxDjw
>>
>>26267035
Everyone knew you fags were gonna start something like this.

Look. People have been guessing about a grass owl since GEN ONE. They have been guessing at it ever since then.
It is now gen 7, and we finally get a grass owl when it comes to hawaii. It's not surprising, and it is far from the first time a pokemon someone guessed about came true.

Someone made a grass owl "leak" next to the fire starter "leak", and got somewhat lucky with the timing. That's all that happened.
>>
>>26269754
Well it's not that hard to guess a name when you consider GF loves their puns and portmanteaus. Hell, I guessed Emboar would be the name of one of Tepig's evolutions just because of that.

People here just like to overreact.
>>
>>26272155
Frogadier and Greninja look a lot alike.

I realize you're talking about the whole "NINJAGATE!" thing, but you're literally comparing apples to baseball cards.
>>
>>26269141
Oh really? I thought that people were speculating a lot of real life countries and places to be the next region.
>>
I really don't like Rowlet's beak. It's hard to distinguish between the top and bottom parts.
>>
>>26272177
As much as 'roothoot' is a trashy garbage design that nobody should ever want to side with, I feel like people who have followed it thus far have a certain sense of loyalty and want to see their roothoot club turn out to be right in the end so they can post hawlucha and greninja pictures everywhere, even though it being real would be absolutely HORRIBLE given how shitty it looks.
>>
>>26269493
>monocle
I never knew how much I wanted this until now
>>
>>26272482
Yeah, Pignite was the most popular suggestion for Tepig, which ended up being the name of the evolution.
And basically everyone guessed that Maractus would get that name.
>>
>>26267225
The owls are similar because they're generic owls.

And the leak he is talking about came out before roothoot.
>>
All three of the starters look like shit. However, I'm interested in seeing the final evolutions before writing them off completely.
>>
>>26267035
>grass owl trademark comes out
>shit owl meme pops up
>colors are light earth-tone (like a barn owl) and green (like grass)
>Actual starters released with similar color scheme
>Owlfags lose shit

You realize you're actually a bunch of fucking faggots, right? Like... Really. What other fucking color scheme do you fucking expect?
>>
File: 1462956776008.png (123 KB, 491x250) Image search: [Google]
1462956776008.png
123 KB, 491x250
what could they have meant by this ?__?
>>
>>26272638
it means you're gay
>>
>>26267035
God you owlfags are more pathetic than Sinnohshits.

For starters, that shade of green is common in grass types, and the beige and white are different. You've also omitted several colors from Roothoot to force your point.
Secondly, Roothoot has no similar themes to Rowlet at all, the beta art of many different pokemon carries similar themes and designs for example, Hitmontop, Torchic, Blazias, Gastrodon and so on they all either carry the theme or design. Roothoot doesn't resemble Rowlet at all outside of that common green color.
Finally, the other two lumped with him are totally fake.

It was a coincidence that one person picked an owl to fake with.
>>
>>26272593
come over to my face and say that my dad will kick your dad's ass
>>
>>26272558
Thing is it's outright been confirmed fake. Where everyone else, patternfags, flyingfags and so on stopped after being proven wrong they continued to shitpost on and on.

This is a new level of pathetic.
>>
>>26272460
You're just joking right? How can anyone be guessing a grass owl starter since Gen 1? How could people even think about that being real way back then?
>>
>>26267517
>Out of nowhere grass starter

No. It wasn't. People have been constantly guessing grass owl pokemon since forever, and when people make fake starters they use every animal under the sun.

It was very much not out of the blue.
>>
>>26272787
Worst part is it will never stop.

We get the starter shown? Roothoot becomes a second stage

We get the second stage shown? Roothoot becomes a "prototype design".

Roothootfags, alongside 6.5fags, are going to be the goodrafags of sun and moon.
>>
>>26272600
>>26272717
Yeah, I guess you guys are right. I think all the Roothoot shitposting made people thought it was real.
>>
>>26267035
When was roothoot "released"? A month before this trailer, maybe?
Do you honestly think that they would change a pokemon who'se designs are already finished within that timespan? And if you argue that it was changed before that, then why didn't the leaker note such, or even release the new designs?
You're literally worse than gen 6 fags.
>>
>>26272830
So, I'm guessing that Rowlet and "Roothoot" is just a pure coincidence, right?
>>
>>26268883
Insider info!
>>
>>26272831
I don't even think 6.5ers are a thing even anymore outside of one falseflagger who wants to shitpost.
>>
>>26272978
what are you even trying to say
>>
>>26272992
Doesnt mean the shitposting wont end. Do you think the goodrafag actually believes any of the shit he is saying? If it gets replies, shitposters will keep posting it.
>>
>>26273032
I'm just saying that all of the actual believers are dead.
>>
>>26272813
I didn't say starter fuckface.
There was a grass owl "pokegod" and fakemon during that time. It has been a thing since forever.
>>
>>26272978
The fuck you talking about?
If you're talking about the mons in whole, yes, it was a "COINCIDENCE" because people have always guessed grass owls.

If you're talking about the names, "roothoot" is just a fan thing.
>>
Now, I'm not saying that Roothoot is real or anything, but it sounds like you guys denying it are just trying to make stuff up about it so you can prove that it's fake. Or at least you guys are making assumptions to prove your claim like saying that Roothoot is just a coincidence or that people have been speculating a grass owl Pokemon for years and etc...
>>
>>26273157
>>26273031
I'm talking about the leaked Pokemon, you retards. I just put quotations around Roothoot's name because apparently it's a fake. Damn, you people are so retarded...
>>
>>26273211
I just feel like, normally when a fake has blatant errors in perspective and what have you, everyone immediately can tell its fake, but Roothoot gets special treatment with people saying it is "just beta artwork". In which case I have to wonder why it would have been rendered the way it was without quickly drawing up a version that didnt have those glaring artistic faults.
>>
>>26273211
>but it sounds like you guys denying it
There's nothing to deny.
There's no evidence that it was anything more than a fake pokemon.

Meanwhile it isn't related to Rowlet in any way, unlike other beta art, not the theme and not the design.
>>
>>26267035

You are deluded if you think Gamefreak would ever draw something as awful as Roothoot.
>>
File: 7.jpg (10 KB, 311x23) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
10 KB, 311x23
Reminder that Owlfags would fit right in with the circus trio with all the mental gymnastics that they do
>>
>>26273254
fuck off idiot
>>
>>26267035
>the grass starter has green in it
>wow they're totally the same
>>
>>26270312
GUYS THE ART WAS MODIFIED.

ROOTHOOT IS CONFIRMED NOW IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE ROWLET
>>
>>26273254
I know what you're talking about.

I don't know why you brought it up. Read context clues, sperglord.
>>
>>26273123
>pokegod

I forgot about those until just now.
>>
>>26267035
>they are both birds
>they both have green in them
>they are both grass type
>they both have other colors
>they are both pokemon

JESUS CHRIST COULD MOZART STILL BE ALIVE TOO?
>>
>>26273288
Okay, then I guess it's true that you're not trying to deny it. And what you said about Roothoot not having the same theme and design as Rowlet is good enough proof that it's fake.

But I can easily tell when people make stuff when they want to prove that their right about something. It just bothers me a lot. You can tell that when people say something like "people have been speculating a grass owl Pokemon for years" is a pure assumption because they don't even have solid proof of that. They're just making it up so they can sound right. Again, I'm not saying that Roothoot is real, it's just something that bothers me personally, that's all.

>>26273268
I think people believe Roothoot is beta art because it has slightly similar colors as Rowlet. There's a possibility that the color scheme could be a pure coincidence, but who knows for sure. And also, Roothoot was probably rendered that way because most beta concept art tend to look drastically different than the final design, but it's most likely that the Roothoot leak is fake so I guess that doesn't matter anyway...
>>
>>26273688
>>26273363
Lol, I guess you guys are the big nasty trolls of /vp/. I was simply just asking a question, you know? You don't need to get your panties up in a bunch. :^)
>>
>>26273688
Alright, in your defense, I was just verifying that the Roothoot leak was indeed a fake by asking if it was just coincidence. That was all, sorry for the confusion...

>>26273363
And you should calm down and realize that it wasn't my fault that you didn't fully understand what I meant by putting quotations on Roothoot's name.
>>
>real starters revealed
>people are still trying to argue that Roothoot is somehow real

Never change, /vp/.
>>
>>26274263
because he literally looks like rowlet's evolution you dipshit
>>
>>26274288
no he doesn't
>>
>>26269814
>Everything is fake until proven real
Yeah, that's what made the wottergate so funny.
>>
>>26274594
No, what made that funny was the big "celebrity" types coming to /vp/ and making asses of themselves. That's probably not happening ever again but I hope it does.
>>
>>26274594
I'm guessing the roothoot part wasn't that funny to you though, eh owlfag?
>>
>>26274742
We'll see if it is or if it isn't when everything is said and done.
>>
>>26274775
We've already seen it, though. You're just going to move the goalposts again to make it so you're never wrong no matter what transpires.
>>
>>26274775
The starters were already revealed, owlfag.

You got BTFO hard. Don't backpedal on me faget
>>
>>26274784
Nope. I personally never believed those were the first stage starters, but I believe they might be still real.
>>
>>26274809
Of course you didn't, why, NONE of the owl supporters ever believed it, it was always just beta art, right? Or the second stage now, that's the new thing.
>>
>>26274809
That's just embarassing to read anon. Please stop. Allow your fellow owlfags to retain a speck of dignity in your defeat
>>
File: oscar1-copy.jpg (140 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
oscar1-copy.jpg
140 KB, 900x900
>>26274835
>>26274800
>being this dense
>>
>>26274874
Oh, I've got it, it's concept art of the first stage. No, wait, it's the Gen VIII first route bird. Or maybe it's the new Mew, yes, that must be it. It's the new Mew, the mystery is solved.
>>
>>26274874
I sense so many rage tears behind your smug reaction pics
>>
>>26269754
>mfw that one thread where one guy almost called ORAS names (he only switched around the prefixes)
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/if-ruby-and-sapphire-remakes-come-out.452842335/
>>
>>26274913
How is that dog smug in any way conceivable? I'm just flabbergasted at how shortsighted some people can be, that's all.
>>
>>26274944
I have to say, keeping on shitposting about the fake owl after being BTFO so hard, takes some guts. Or maybe lack of self-awareness, which is a necessary ingredient to be a owlfag
>>
File: 1462739527265.jpg (29 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
1462739527265.jpg
29 KB, 400x396
>>26274978
Here's a smug pic
>>
I am the one who drew and leaked roothoot. I loved watching this blow up over it and the other two "starters"(which i did not do.) But I'm just hear to say that I made it up.
>>
>>26275022
>hear to say

I get it.
>>
File: 1462279830421s.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1462279830421s.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>26267035
100% second stage

OWLBROS WE JUST KEEP WINNING
>>
File: owlfag.png (1 MB, 1768x894) Image search: [Google]
owlfag.png
1 MB, 1768x894
>>26275043
>being this delusional
Fuck off kid.
>>
>>26275005
Oh the rage tears behind such a smug pic. I can imagine you crying in ther dark looking at a picture of roothoot

But it will never be real
>>
>>26275043
>>26267035
Which of these images of "roothoot" is the original, the one the a beige face? or the edited one with a beige head.
>>
>>26267332
Came here to say this.
>>
>>26274288

>Roothoot looks like Rowlet's evolution
>an evolution we've never seen
>not even mentioning that there is absolutely nothing in Owlet's design that transfers over to Roothoot other than the color scheme

Yeah, a lot of Pokemon go from having beady eyes to giant anime eyes when they evolve.
>>
>>26267035
>eyes
no
>face
nope
>beak
not at all
>wings
completely different
>body shape
opposite

all they've got in common is color

>it's a grass typ owl
>barn owls are most ubiquitous kind of owl
>barn owls are white and tan
>grass types are green

what are the fucking odds.
>>
>>26267121
Hmm why would remoraid suddenly turn into an octopus? Why would Gastly grow hands for no reason? Why would a pokemon experience significant changes during an evolution? I'm not even supporting the owl, you just sound like a fucking retard
>>
>>26275518
To be fair, you sound incredibly stupid comparing totally drastic changes like those to something like this. A better example would have been Serperior. In fact that might be the only example? Might be more I'm not thinking of, but I am tired.
>>
>>26275518

I don't know about the octopus, but Gastly is slowly becoming more corporeal as it evolves. It starts off as will o wisp which is pretty much the most basic kind of apparition. Ever heard of people getting excited about catching orbs on camera? It then becomes more distinct in its shape as Haunter and hands come into existence as its body is starting to form. Finally, Gengar is a full on shadow person, the hands connect to the body which materializes and its fully corporeal at this point.

I'm not saying you're wrong about the octopus but Gastly's line follows a very logical train of thought.
>>
>>26267128
DUDE WEED LMAO
nice try
>>
>>26275608

I don't prescribe to the idea that the grass starters are based on dinosaurs but I still don't think its ridiculous that Snivy lost its arms. Snakes are literally just lizards without arms so where is the problem here?

Snivy is the only starter whose entire evolution line I like. I thought Fennekin would be the second but they ruined it with Delphox.
>>
>people are still clinging onto Roothoot

why

just let him die

The artist got extremely lucky and happened to guess the color scheme and face shape of the actual starter. He also was lucky that 1/3 of his starter designs were actually right. That's it. I don't get the point of arguing about it anymore.
>>
>>26272600
Except owl came before trademarks bro.
>>
File: rootedhooter.jpg (730 KB, 1728x2520) Image search: [Google]
rootedhooter.jpg
730 KB, 1728x2520
concept pre rowlet. i hope it's not a second stage.
>>
>>26278447
It cant be anything, no one who was hired by game freak would ever create art with perspective fucked up THAT badly, the face is a complete mess. I also doubt anybody at game freak would then see that lopsided piece of shit art, and then color it in. And this is ignoring the amateurish and nonsensical design features, especially the mouth.
Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.