[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's so damn frustrating that the trailer still hasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 13
File: southkalos.jpg (49 KB, 320x300) Image search: [Google]
southkalos.jpg
49 KB, 320x300
It's so damn frustrating that the trailer still hasn't confirmed with all certainty whether this is Gen 7 or Gen 6.5. I expected the agony to finally fucking end, but they remain ambiguous.

Seriously, why are they being ambiguous about it? They DO know that we are wondering about this, so why don't they confirm it's Gen 7 one and for all if it really is?
>>
>>26265590
Please kill yourself
>>
oh come on now, 6.5 bait is getting more out of hand than owl shitposting

it's 7, on the off chance that you're not baiting and are actually just flat out retarded
>>
>>26265590
When has nintendo ever officially stated anything about pokemon having generations?
This is just like generation 5. Very similar to the last on the same console but with a good amount of changes.
>>
>>26265590
The trailer confirmed it's Gen 7 you fucking moron. It' RE-confirmed it. It's been confirmed for MONTHS. Shut up with your stupid forced meme as fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>26265590
It is new generation because there are new Pokemon. The region has nothing to do with it, GSC contained Kanto as post-game but it's still considered gen 2.
>>
>>26265627
>When has nintendo ever officially stated anything about pokemon having generations?
Literally every generation, actually. GS, DP, BW, XY. Not sure about RS, but I'd presume so too.
>>
New starters -> New Gen

New Region -> New Gen

Enough
>>
Really? New starters, new box legendaries, new region, and you still doubt it's gen 6.5?
>>
>>26265590
>New Region
>New Pokemon
>New Professor
>New Box Legendaries

HUH I WONDER
>>
File: flame on.jpg (67 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
flame on.jpg
67 KB, 640x478
>>26265590
get out
>>
Kalos,land of mystery
>>
>>26265590
Oh fuck off. It's generation 7. Stop trolling and go to bed.
>>
>>26265590
It's VERY unlikely, but they could still make Kalos sequels (because let's face it, a Z version is almost definitely not happening) sometime after Sun and Moon. It wouldn't be a gen 6 game anymore of course, but still better than leaving all of the Zygarde, Floette, AZ etc. stuff unexplained. I mean, GameFreak seems to be all about breaking patterns lately, so why not?
>>
>>26266189
Why have people just dropped the whole idea of Alola having ties to Kalos?

We still have the strange souvenir, hinting that they may be within traveling distance, and Zygarde's perfect form having colors of the Sun & Moon boxart/titles in his chest.
Even more interesting, is the fact that the new Professor calls you "Cousin" and seems to imply that you're new to the islands.

Maybe you start this game having come from Kalos. Moved to Alola like the kid in the Japanese trailer moved from Japan to Hawaii.
Then, with the post-game, you end up going back to Kalos and seeing the aftermath of shit from X & Y.
>>
>>26266369
A lot of people in Hawaii refer to everyone else as "cuz" or "cousin". It's just regional slang.
>>
File: s-southern.png (410 KB, 898x360) Image search: [Google]
s-southern.png
410 KB, 898x360
H-How about this?
>>
>>26266369
Because Hawaii is literally on the other side of the globe.

Theories like yours would hold water if the new region was based on Italy, Spain or even any other European country, but we're talking about a bunch of tiny islands two oceans away.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed GameFreak has decided to just skip Z because muh 20th anniversary, but I can't see any of the Zygarde stuff happening SM, and if it does it is guaranteed to be MASSIVELY overshadowed by all of the new Pokemon introduced in SM.
>>
>>26265590
6.5 fag here. It's gen 7, OP. Just...let it go.
There may be references to Kalos, and some sort of side quest with Zygarde, but with new starters and new legends that don't look related to Xerneas or Yveltal, just accept that it's gen 7.
>>
>>26266408
It's like Aussies saying mate or Kiwis saying, well, cuz, all the time.
>>
>>26266418
>encouraging this dumbassery

Sorry about the brain damage m8
>>
>>26266458
Hawaiian theme southern kalos would he good
>>
File: 500px-RegionsMoviesMap[1].jpg (37 KB, 500x182) Image search: [Google]
500px-RegionsMoviesMap[1].jpg
37 KB, 500x182
>>26266418
>>26266438
Well, who's to say that it's set up the same way our world is?
Unova is New York, but it's made much wider in the game and only half of it is facing water. And other things imply it may be closer to previous regions as well.

It may be based on Hawaii, but the shape of the pokemon world doesn't exactly correspond to ours.
>>
>>26265590
That's obvious bait

>>26266418
That's kinda-sorta less obvious bait

>>26266504
That's still bait, but it manages to trigger me

ANIME MAP IS NOT CANON RREEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26266504
Correction - it USED to not correspond to our world, but they changed that in gen 6. Just watch the first XY trailer and XYZ anime opening, or SM trailer with the world's globe visible in the protag's room. It's pretty safe to say they're following the real world geography now.
>>
File: Unova_world_map[1].png (649 KB, 773x562) Image search: [Google]
Unova_world_map[1].png
649 KB, 773x562
>>26266570
Didn't know that this thing existed, but it's still clearly not based on our world.
Look at that shit, Unova's apparently facing up into the north pole. Or, if that map is skewed, it's still at least nothing like the Americas.

There seems to be a lot more open ocean in the Pokemon world, with fewer connected continents.
I still think Alola could easily be somewhere close enough to Kalos with a map like this.
>>
>>26266570
Well, the very same globe was already present as secret base decoration in Gen IV..
>>
>>26265684
this a million times this

will the 6.5 meme ever end?
>>
>>26266697
lol that map literally has two Scandinavias copypasta'd right beside each other, not to mention the tiny Alaska.
>>
File: possible alola location.png (431 KB, 773x562) Image search: [Google]
possible alola location.png
431 KB, 773x562
>>26266715
>>26266570
>>26266697
It's probably a bad idea to be using the anime as a way to speculate this, but maybe Alola isn't SOUTH of Kalos, but rather North.

Did the anime ever show Kalos on the globe like it did Unova? It doesn't exactly fit, but it seems to roughly fit into the landmass to the east of the globe,
and between it and Unova's landmass, there's a set of islands. The smallest and topmost island looks to be the right shape of the first Alola island we got.

Probably complete conjecture, but still just a way of saying it could be possible.
>>
File: pokemap.png (475 KB, 773x562) Image search: [Google]
pokemap.png
475 KB, 773x562
>>26266830
>taking this map seriously
Just LOOK at this shitshow. Some hack intern threw this together during a coffee break. There's zero thought involved.
>>
>>26266945
You can also see UK in the rightmost part of the globe, and Spain/Italy lumped into one island next to the southern Scandinavia, and parts of Russia
>>
The strange souvenir also says it comes from a faraway region, which makes it unlikely that they're connected
>>
>>26265590

I have a better map.
>>
Guys, what if they're saving all of the Zygarde stuff for the remakes?
>>
File: thrown-in anime shit.png (674 KB, 773x562) Image search: [Google]
thrown-in anime shit.png
674 KB, 773x562
>>26266830
You know, looking at this and how they show the whole traveling to different regions thing with the anime, it went like this:

>Kanto is a night's boat ride to Hoenn and Sinnoh
>Kanto to Unova is a plane ride that takes a few hours
>Kanto to Kalos is a day's plane ride

The purple is where the whole Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh would probably be at.
>>
>>26266369

>Strange souvenir
>Within traveling distance

The description of the strange souvenir LITERALLY says it's from a region far from Kalos you aspie.
>>
>>26267062
But don't you get it from some faggot in south Kalos that says he got it while on vacation there?
Or am I remembering it horribly wrong?
>>
>>26267023
Rivers don't work like that
>>
File: tiki body.jpg (66 KB, 422x518) Image search: [Google]
tiki body.jpg
66 KB, 422x518
>>26267077
You get it from a backpacker that's in the hotels, not in Southern Kalos. He says he got it from his travels.

Truth be told, the Tiki really looks like 100% Zygarde to me with an ancient twist.
>>
File: grand canyon.jpg (12 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
grand canyon.jpg
12 KB, 276x183
>>26267087

Tell that to geography, it might be interested in laughing in your face, pic related. Also, I doubt that the people who made the maps are really that fused about how you, erroneously, think rivers work when they plop deserts, swamps and mountains wherever they like with little regard for things like rain shadow.
>>
>>26265590
6.5 has been dead for months. Just let it go.
>>
>>26267306
Rivers don't go across landmasses like that, idiot.
>>
File: Pangea_animation_03.gif (309 KB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
Pangea_animation_03.gif
309 KB, 200x160
>>26267384

You didn't pay much attention during geology lessons at school, I'm guessing.
>>
File: Unimpressed 4.jpg (77 KB, 357x402) Image search: [Google]
Unimpressed 4.jpg
77 KB, 357x402
>>26265590
>new region
>new pokemon
>new professor
>new moves
>new legendaries
Gen 6.5 fags are the worst
>>
>>26265640
Nintendo has literally never even defined the different generations using the term "generation". SM have been no more obtuse or ambiguous than any of the other new gens.
>>
>>26268352
This, "generation" is a fanterm
>>
>>26268352
>>26268549
>>26265627
What other opinions do you have?
Do you believe in country borders?
>>
>>26265635
This. Like what, are you guys gonna try and tell me HG/SS is gen 2?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.