[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think the starters look bad because they don't follow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: AllStarters.jpg (309 KB, 1085x1076) Image search: [Google]
AllStarters.jpg
309 KB, 1085x1076
Do you think the starters look bad because they don't follow the color patterns we are used to? Like Grass starters are predominately green and Rowlet is brown. Litten is black instead of orange. Popplio is pretty close but hes still not light blue. Do you think this is the reason they have no chemistry together?
>>
File: rowlet spin.gif (747 KB, 408x172) Image search: [Google]
rowlet spin.gif
747 KB, 408x172
is rowlet actually brown? i have slight colour blindness so i thought it was a pale green

on topic: i don't think they look bad at all (apart from maybe the sea lion). personally i couldn't care for patterns like that, and so long as they maintain the FWG starter thing i like seeing some differentiation
>>
Whoa didn't know all the other water starters were a lighter blue.

The starters looked weird at first glance, but I got used to them quickly. I think what sets these starters apart from the rest is that they're smaller than the previous ones. Popplio looks oddly skinny and Litten is quite dark.
>>
>muh patterns
It's nice seeing something refreshing. Gen 6 did that well to but gen 7 is si just taking it beyond that which is awesome in my opinion.
>>
File: 1462884426492.png (938 KB, 2050x502) Image search: [Google]
1462884426492.png
938 KB, 2050x502
I think that's my problem with these starters, don't get me wrong I like them each individually, but it looks like you took three artists, locked them in three different rooms and asked them to each draw a starter, they really don't look like a "trio" but more like three random mons from that region
>>
>>26265570
They're okay, but I think what newer starters lack is naturalness? Older Pokemon looked more like they're designed to be something you could actually find, newer Pokémon look like they're designer to be video game characters (which is fine I guess, it's just different)
>>
I think they look weird because they look like they've been drawn by three completely different people. They look like three fakemon drawn by different artists
>>
>>26265727
He's beige with a white face. The only green on him is his little bow tie.
>>
File: rowlet koo.png (459 KB, 960x574) Image search: [Google]
rowlet koo.png
459 KB, 960x574
>>26266112
ah, okay. beige is just one of those awkward colours for me. cheers for letting me know
>>
>>26266135
That anon forgot to say it's tail was green as well.
>>
>>26265570
>>26266016
I know what you guys are complaining about, but these are the strenghts of this trio to me, best trio since gen 1 so far
>>
>>26266152
yeah. thankfully the green on the tie/tail/inside of the wings has a blue-ish enough hue for that to be clear enough
>>
>>26265570
>Grass starters are predominately green
Chespin
>Litten is black instead of orange
Cyndaquil
>>
>>26266449
I think what OP meant is that the main body colours aren't the 'traditional' starter colours. There have been exceptions in the past, but apart from gen 2 with Cyndaquil, all their main colours are green-orange-light blue
>>
File: Pokemon-starters-allcurrentgens.jpg (129 KB, 878x667) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-starters-allcurrentgens.jpg
129 KB, 878x667
>>26266449
OP image isn't helping by having all the starters being desaturated and filtered.

The starters have always had variety in their colors, despite similar palettes and so on.
>>
No, but I think that their collective colour palette is a really bad fit for the region and ironically would have fit Kalos better.
>>
File: 2015-01-07-Drag_Queen__8.png (220 KB, 365x429) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-07-Drag_Queen__8.png
220 KB, 365x429
>>26265570
Or maybe, OP, it's that all the other starters in your picture have a warm tint to them as well as being drawn softer, while also actually doing things.

Meanwhile the new starters are entirely the opposite, the lack of the warm yellow light makes them seem colder, and they're not doing anything that implies they share an image, because they really don't.

Maybe that's why OP. Maybe that's why your thread is shit and built on a faulty premise where you're having us compare apples, oranges, bananas, and pineapples to a lump of granite, and asking us why the granite doesn't taste like the others. Maybe.
>>
>>26265570
Does anyone have a high res of the new starters?
>>
>>26269576
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon.shtml
>>
>>26266081
Nothing in this post makes sense. Just random babbling.
>>
>>26265570
Isn't it the whole point of Hawaii bei g Galapagos 2.0 amd having an extremely different kind of species like Australia?
>>
>>26265570
I like it, the starter patterns were getting boring. And Rowlett's easily one of my favorite Pokemon. Glad to see I can start with him.
>>
>>26266081
I completly agree with this.
>>
I've wanted them to do this for a long time. I want to see a blue fire starter some day
>>
File: walter_junior_bullshit.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
walter_junior_bullshit.gif
1 MB, 640x360
The awful sea lion is going to be the most badass evolved mon again, right?
>>
>>26265570
They are all pretty good, people seem to hate Poppilo because they cant handle silly and can only deal with uber cute or edgy cool
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.