[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wasn't sure what to think of these starters at first but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 447x329) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 447x329
I wasn't sure what to think of these starters at first but they've grown on me really quickly. Even Popplio. I mean how could you look at this thing and think it's irredeemably shit? I really like the middle ground between Gen 1 plainness and Gen 4/5 over design they've got. Gen 6 was a step in the right direction and I think they've finally hit a good point with how much detail vs simplicity to go with. And the designs seem a bit meh at first but seeing the models in motion gives them so much character, it's a reminder that there's more to a good design than forcing every detail you can into a 2d image, since they're properly animated now you get a feel for their personalities from how they move and act, so gone are the days of a Pokemon's design driving home the point it's a clown or a hooker or whatever, they can emote better through animation and hopefully look less overdesigned because of it. The legendaries aren't bad either, I prefer Solgaleo but Lunaala is growing on me pretty damn fast too.

What do you guys think of the new design aesthetic?
>>
>>26265508
Fell in love with Rowlet and Popplio instantly.
>>
We'll have to see with the final evolutions but I think we have a 3rd gen where all the starters are (at the very least) good.
>>
Everyone said when the Gen 5 starters were revealed that they were going back to simplicity. Tepig was all round shapes and easy as fuck to draw, snivy was only like 3 colors and not intricate at all. That changed when the evolutions were revealed.

And then that same kind of thing happened with Gen 6.

It's as if judging a generation's design choices on the base forms of its starters is jumping the gun or something.
>>
File: GundouFace.png (9 KB, 158x192) Image search: [Google]
GundouFace.png
9 KB, 158x192
>>26265508
I agree. Can't wait to see how they fuck up the evolutions.
>>
>>26265540
I never heard people saying Gen 5's starters were going back to simplicity. Gen 6 I'll give you though. Overall I just feel like these guys have a very different aesthetic from the last few Gens that I didn't get from even the Gen 6 starters. I thought I'd bring it up anyway as a discussion point even though we won't know for sure until we see more new Pokemon.
>>
>>26265597
Maybe not about Oshawott, but Snivy and Tepig were definitely much, much more simple after having gone through the needless complexity of Gen 4. Anything revealed after spikes spikes spikes: the generation would be seen as much more simplistic.

Besides, don't you remember some of the first Pokemon revealed for the generation? Munna, Kling, Pidove, and Minccino. Every single Pokemon for the first few months of reveals was basic as fuck.
>>
>>26265644
I guess you're right. My only point I guess is that these guys just feel like they have a different design aesthetic to the older ones, I don't know how else to put it.
>>
>>26265508
>but they've grown on me really quickly
No shit, it's just been one day.

What the hell are you like when you're trying to find a place to sit?
>>
>>26265700
I look for the place that's most likely to feel good up my asshole you pedantic little friend.
>>
>>26265730
>shoving a chair up your asshole every time you want to sit down
That would be kind of impressive.
>>
File: 1422165145310.jpg (406 KB, 703x540) Image search: [Google]
1422165145310.jpg
406 KB, 703x540
>>26265508

>Gen 6 was a step in the right direction

I don't know how you can say this when these new starters seem like they are specifically geared toward people who like the older starters
>>
>>26265760
More than king of, I made it an art form.

>>26265776
I felt they were less cluttered in design than 4 and 5, but obviously less so than the Gen 7 starters.
>>
>>26265508
I hate them all, and I pray one of them has a good second, and final evolution so I can actually use it.

If not, no starter on my team this gen.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.