[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Take a look at this sprite for a second /vp/ Notice anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Spr_RG_Erika.png (1 KB, 56x56) Image search: [Google]
Spr_RG_Erika.png
1 KB, 56x56
Take a look at this sprite for a second /vp/

Notice anything strange about it?
>>
>>26264997
she has nice ass
>>
She's tossing her Poke Ball in the air.
>>
>>26264997
Tf who dafuq she think she is tryna to steal Sabrina's cred
>>
>>26264997
She is a grass trainer who is using telekensis to lift a Pokeball. She also has the Soul Badge.

Sabrina, a psychic trainer, has the Marsh Badge. Marshes are swamp lands, which are home to numerous plant subspecies.

Makes no sense.
>>
>>26265047
She has the rainbow badge
>>
>>26265047
In the original Japanese she has the "Green Badge" and Sabrina just has the "Gold Badge"
>>
>>26264997
>Caitlin is a powerful psychic
>She has to sleep a lot
>Erika likes to sleep a lot
>???
>>
She's not making a sandwich or doing laundry
>>
>>26264997
It's sub-deviantart-tier and looks as bad now as it did back then. Just like all gen 1 sprites.
>>
>>26265097

partially correct

Erika still has the Rainbow badge in the original japanese (the earth badge was actually the green badge) but all the other trainers do just have their badges named after colors
the Boulder badge was just the "gray badge" the Cascade badge was just the "blue badge" etc...

but that makes you think if Erika's badge is basically a combination of all the other badges why is she only the 4 gym leader?
>>
>>26265295
Giovanni's badge literally looks like a leaf and is green. And green = plant. So I guess they just fucked it over accidently.
>>
>>26265295
>>26266329
This is probably a good time to mention, this is why they made Green the new Gym Leader in Gen2. Get it? Green gives out the Green badge.
>>
>>26266329

its actually because Giovanni's japanese name is Sakaki

so his badge resembles a Sakaki tree
>>
>>26266358
"Green" is Blue in Japanese though, isn't? Or just in Pokemon Special?
>>
>>26265003
Literally where
>>
>>26264997
Aha, it's pretty easy to deduce actually. She's levitating that ball. Indeed, her true identity is actually Sabrina, the perso in charge of Saffron gym. The "Sabrina" you encounter is actually a member of Team Rocket, that's why she has the whip.
>>
>>26264997
She's wearing a Japanese garment. My innocent American eyes can't take this kind of cultural propaganda, so I shall now kill myself before I start getting thoughts of bombing Pearl Harbor.

At least that's what the American dubbers seemed to think when they dubbed the Jelly Donut episode.
>>
>>26266528
Actually Green is Green in Japan and Blue in America. Red and Green were the first Pokemon games in Japan, with Blue as an updated third version. If I remember correctly, Blue in Japan normally refers to the female trainer.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.