[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asia - Japan (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh) North America - mainland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: continents.gif (130 KB, 1071x535) Image search: [Google]
continents.gif
130 KB, 1071x535
Asia - Japan (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh)
North America - mainland US (Unova)
Europe - France (Kalos)
Oceania - US/Hawaii (Alola)

Where do you think the next region will be based on? Are they going to continue the pattern and make a region based on somewhere in South America/Africa(kek) or are they going to say fuck it and go back to Asia or Europe?
>>
Antarctica
>>
Part of Canada.
>>
Australia
everything learns Toxic by level up
>>
>Spain
>Italy
>South America (mix elements from Argentina, Brazil, Peru, and Venezuela)
>Persia/Iran
>>
>>26264762
What Pokemon game was based on Baltimore and DC?
>>
>>26264762
They're not doing any kind of pattern based on continents, not intentionally at least - the areas they're choosing are areas that are culturally significant to Japan. France and New York are just 'iconic' western tourist places, and Hawaii is pretty much a hybrid of burgerland and Japan.

So, shit, I dunno. Somewhere nearby Japan, like China, Korea or Russia (the areas of Russia near the Japanese landmass at least). Either that or somewhere that's big on Japan's tourism radar, like England, Australia or Spain. The changes of us ever going to somewhere like Africa, Latin America, or the middle parts of Asia is real fucking slim as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>26264837
There are non-poisonous Pokemon on the island, you know.
>>
Still waitin on that jungle region
>>
>>26265101
>culturally significant to Japan
Like Brazil? There are more nips there than anywhere else besides Japan itself.

And Japan hates Korea (and China to a lesser extent, excluding Taiwan and Hong Kong) so I doubt they'll even look at those places.
>>
>>26264762
Scandinavia or canada hopefully, we need another comfy snowy region like sinnoh
>>
Australia, obviously.
>Koala
>Wallaby/Kangaroo
>Platypus
>Dingo

Just too much potential and will pander to furries.
>>
Austria, Germany or Switzerland hopefully.
>>
>>26265187
why the fuck are there more nips in Brazil than the US, it feels like there's way more than 1.2m nips here.
>>
File: 1455585228669.jpg (903 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455585228669.jpg
903 KB, 1920x1080
Odds are low of it ever happening, but I would like a region based off the Pacific Northwest.
>>
>>26265663
Are you sure they aren't chinks and gooks?
>>
>>26265717
I live in San Diego which has a huge asian prominence, with them dominating entire areas of the city so it can be hard to tell, but there's a crap ton of Japanese people here for sure, and I feel like there should be way more elsewhere if there's this much here.
>>
>>26265695
>Grass, Water, Bug and Fairy are by far the most prominent types
>Shitloads of forest
>Poke-Portland and Poke-Seattle
>Legendaries based on Sasquatch and the PNW Tree Octopus
>80% chance of rain every time you enter a route
>As many cafes as Kalos

I'd play it
>>
Mexico or somewhere in South or Central America.
>>
File: Dat Shelly 3.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Dat Shelly 3.png
1 MB, 1280x800
>>26265695
>>26265897
This! Shit sounds based.
>>
File: 1462931067442.gif (747 KB, 408x172) Image search: [Google]
1462931067442.gif
747 KB, 408x172
>>26264762
I'm hoping it'll be Australia, since that Australia is a popular place for Japanese people as holiday destination.

And the animal, Koala is also popular with them as well.

Yet, Australia has plenty of differnet environments and animals to work around it, and Australia has tons of mythological content from Aboriginal's Dreamtime stories.
>>
>>26265897
>80% chance of rain every time you enter a route

Washington has less rainfall per year than Washington, D.C.

I am also upset you are ignoring the massive chunk of desert to the east of the Cascades.
>>
>Gen 8
>West Coast Region
>Cali + Oregon + Washington

>Gen 9
>Central America based region

>Gen 10
>Australia based region

>Gen 11
>Africa (or just Egypt) based Region

>Gen 12
>Fuedal China based Region

>The End
>>
>>26267051
>Gen 8
>West Coast Region
>Cali + Oregon + Washington

Are you a madman?

That is bigger than all of the other gens combined.
>>
>>26264762
Here's how it goes.

>First gen
where they developed the game
>Second gen
Next to where they developed the game
>Third gen
Where they went on holiday
>Fourth gen
Where their grandma lives
>Fifth gen
>Sixth gen
>Seventh gen

Any guesses as to where the 8th will be
>>
>>26267073
>implying regions are ever to scale
>New York City says hi to France
>>
>>26267130
Did some math.

I guess if Kalos can shrink 500+ miles of space into a region, I guess a NorCal of 800+ miles isn't TOO insane.

Just Washington and Oregon (with maybe Vancouver) is a lot easier, though.

Both regions would be insanely linear.
>>
>>26264762
They should do the Falklands.

>Villanous team speaks broken English and faces a language barrier with Looker
>Minimal contact in the normal story
>Quickly takes over islands in the postgame with nobody, not even the player, expecting it
>Player has to singlehandedly battle his way to villainous base
>Battle Frontier based either on the Antarctic Peninsula or South Georgia
>>
In Post-apocalyptic Greece
>>
>>26264762
I want either South America or Eastern Europe. I want a double battle against a couple of squatting slavs wearing tracksuits.
>>26265663
Brazil was a huge migration target for nips after WW1 and it only really stopped once WW2 started, also they love Brazil over there for some reason. Not exactly sure why.
>>
File: liberdade_guia_f_005.jpg (77 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
liberdade_guia_f_005.jpg
77 KB, 750x500
>>26265663
Begin of the XX century Brazil needed a lot of farm workers.
At the same time Japan was having a huge problem with its huge population that was mostly rural
You guess what happens next
>>
Pokemon Venus and Pokemon Mars for 8th gen in Italy or Greece involving the mythology about the rome/greek gods.
>>
Scandinavia.
Finland/Sweden/Norway with parts of Russia and maybe Estonia too.
>>
>>26264762
Spain so you could also visit southern Kalos
>>
File: world-cultures-map.gif (72 KB, 670x340) Image search: [Google]
world-cultures-map.gif
72 KB, 670x340
>>26264762
That map is pretty shit desu

Try this one
>>
I still want a South American region with Aztec and other ancient ruins. It would be dope as hell.
>>
>>26264762
The first four gens were in Japan because it's Pokemon and Japan is their bread and butter.
Gen 5 was NYC because it's a major city in the world and something different from the previous four generations.
Gen 6 was France because the Japanese fucking love going to France.
Gen 7 is Hawaii because Hawaii has a shitload of Japanese people and it's a popular tourist destination for them.
Gen 8 is going to be Brazil as it's the next closest place that has a shitload of Japanese people.
>>
>>26268801
>Gen 6 was France because the Japanese fucking love going to France.
They are obsessed with France so much that every year there are cases of Japanese tourists having mental breakdowns by Paris not living up to the insane and extravagant romantic fantasies that fluttered in their heads.
>>
>>26268354
>Greenland is European
>Quebec is Anglo
>Poland, Czechia, Croatia, Slovakia, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia and Slovenia aren't Slavic
>Suriname and Guyana are Latin American
>Indonesia, literally the biggest Muslim country, isn't Islamic
>Mauritius and Reunion are seperated from Madagascar
>Taiwan is Insular Oceanic
What the fuck is this map
>>
>>26269017
>Greenland is European
Danish

>Quebec is Anglo
Zero difference between Anglo and French on a global scale.

>Poland, Czechia, Croatia, Slovakia, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia and Slovenia aren't Slavic
Balkans are Slavic-speaking, but mostly Thracian/Illyrian-descendent with varying mixes of Slavic influence.
Czechia, Slovenia and Slovakia are mixes of Germanic and Slavic.
Poland and Ukraine could be classified as Slavic indeed.

>Suriname and Guyana are Latin American
No influence or relevance either way. A drop in the ocean for this rough map.

>Indonesia, literally the biggest Muslim country, isn't Islamic
Southeast Asian identity far more prevalent than Islamic identity. This isn't a religion map.

>Mauritius and Reunion are seperated from Madagascar
lmao

>Taiwan is Insular Oceanic
True, this is a major goof.

This is a rough map, but you literally didn't make any good point about it aside of Taiwan. Its biggest problem is probably the Islamic and """Slavic""" denominations.

Islamic could be broken down into Afroasiatic (accounting for essentially the Arab League) and Turkic-Iranian.
Slavic could include Poland and remove some Turkic parts for the Turkic-Iranian denomination and some Mongol parts for the Sino-Japanese denomination.

Aside of these few fixes, it's pretty much "fine" as a rough cultural map. Rename Anglo and Latin America into North and South if you want, or something.
>>
File: 1462941799264.jpg (4 KB, 175x200) Image search: [Google]
1462941799264.jpg
4 KB, 175x200
>>26264933
>Iran
>Accidentally land in Syria while surfing
>Get beheaded
>>
>>26268801
They love Italy and Australia almost as much as France so those are always options too.
>>
>>26269700
They are notable Frenchboo tho
>>
There's no pattern, they're just picking a region they like and doing that.

You don't really think there's any significance to the order they do the regions, do you? It's probably determined by the market.
>>
>>26270445
ouiaboo*
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.