[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Literally just Calem with the goofy Brendan eyes Why?????
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Protag Sun Moon.jpg (63 KB, 697x427) Image search: [Google]
Protag Sun Moon.jpg
63 KB, 697x427
>Literally just Calem with the goofy Brendan eyes

Why?????
>>
I hate modern Sugi sameface

Bring back pre-BW sameface
>>
>>26264642
Sugi hasn't done the trainer art since gen 4. It's someone else that did gen 5 and 6
>>
>>26264642
Same.
Hate all the newer eye styles in the pokémon too... Its too different from the original generations.
>>
They made it generic on purpose since people are going to change it to whatever the fuck anyway. The clothes don't even look coordinated that well.
>>
>>26264642
That's because it isn't sugi doing the people anymore
>>
>>26264642
I don't know, I really prefer modern animeface to 90s goku animeface.
>>
>>26264561
So you can customize it, anon.
>>
>>26264692
Cry more about your nostalgia.
>>
>>26264561
And?
He's perfect as much as Brendan and Calem.
Precious and cuddly. Would protect him / 10.
>>
>>26264684
He actually did quite a few for XY and ORAS though he wasn't the only one

BW he only did the protags and N for BW1, he didn't do BW2 at all
>>
File: 87.jpg (61 KB, 1023x468) Image search: [Google]
87.jpg
61 KB, 1023x468
>>
>>26264561
The graphics and game engine kind of give on that these games aren't going to be revolutionary like I wanted them, but simply "another Pokémon game".

They could have at least changed the art direction. Hoping for major game mechanics overhaul in Pokémon games is already quite a lost cause, but I was hoping for at least a change of art direction. The footage shown until now looks like ORAS but without the chibi OW.

I'm a bit disappointed.
>>
>>26265425
>your parents are the ex-Aqua and Magma members from BW2
>>
>>26265438
>like I wanted them

You set yourself up for disappointment.
>>
>>26265438
>wanting and expecting revolutionary game engine changes when the games are on the same shitty hardware that can barely run a Pokemon fight without framerate drops

Are you legit retarded?

>the next Pokemon game looks like "another Pokemon game"

Oh, yes. Yes you are.
>>
>>26265425
HOENN REMAKES CONFIRMED
>>
They know most people only care about the girl protag.
>>
>>26265488
>wanting and expecting revolutionary game engine changes when the games are on the same shitty hardware that can barely run a Pokemon fight without framerate drops

The 3DS is super outdated but the issue is more that Game Freak cannot optimize for shit.
>>
File: adventure of valkyrie.jpg (164 KB, 500x718) Image search: [Google]
adventure of valkyrie.jpg
164 KB, 500x718
>>26264684

He does design and illustrate them, what are you smoking? He was only skipped for Kotone (did the illustration, Takao Unno the design) and BW2 characters (didn't work neither in design or illustration).

>>26264642

You are fool if you think old Sugimori art was better. Everyone in Generation II and before had the same face but it was Toriyama style rip off and "I'm always angry", look at this picture and then go look at Red art in bulbapedia:

https://twitter.com/SUPER_32X/status/574242458143301633/photo/1

He also was pretty shit/average at anatomy, color balance, expressiveness through body language and posing. Most of his drawings had very visible anatomy and facial structure errors and looked stiff (like his weird common mistake of making the arms as long as the character itself because he forgets that each section of a bent arm isn't supposed to be of the size of one full arm, which happened a lot in Quinty, Jerry Boy and Gen I art, or the morbid obese man fingers because he didn't know how to drawn hands so he just added sausages which happened in almost every art Gen II and before).

He started to polish himself and did great art for Generation III, specially for Emerald and FireRed and LeafGreen and he has kept improving his drawing skills since then.

If there's something that it's a mystery to me is what happened in the years between Quinty and Generation III because Quinty and Valkyrie art, while still having some mistakes here are there, was very professional looking. Those were truly the dark ages. If fact a lot of elements from Quinty like the round colorful eyes with long eyelashes made a comback in latter Pokemon generations. He seems to have ditched every element he used to make those Valkyrie artworks tho.

There was a picture with the RSE gym leader artwork next to their ORAS counterparts art and I feel like that would make for a great academic lesson.
>>
>>26265525
>First-Alpha-Sapphire
>Last-Omega-Ruby
my body is ready
>>
>>26265566

Monster Hunter and Yokai say hi
>>
>>26264561

Will males at least get a tuxedo this time?
>>
>>26266165
What exactly are you trying to say here anon?

Monster Hunter is far more action-packed than a fucking Pokemon Battle where the Pokemon barely move and still has a decent framerate in comparison. All this proves is Game Freak is incompetent.

I don't know shit about Yokai Watch.
>>
>>26265425
>that earth shaped globe

>not a pokemon world globe

kill me already
>>
>>26266217

Just saying that the 3DS is outdated but you can still pull good looking sutff, so just backing you up there.

Game Freak can't into 3D, but this is very early game footage so I'm still hopeful.
>>
Hello, can I please have some Vivillon patterns?
I'm looking for:
Ocean
Jungle
Sandstorm
Archipielago
>>
>>26266232
We know their world is similiar to ours
>tfw my PokeHomeland doesn't suffer the curse that destroyed real one
>>
File: 1461984365153.jpg (320 KB, 852x904) Image search: [Google]
1461984365153.jpg
320 KB, 852x904
He looks far better than Calem though, he doesn't have that douche hairdo or an ugly outfit.
>>
>>26264561
I just appreciate we got another protag which hasn't got a ridiculous design and looks pretty simple and clean
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.