[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Omg these starters look atrocious >They're the WORST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1462751229315.jpg (31 KB, 180x177) Image search: [Google]
1462751229315.jpg
31 KB, 180x177
>Omg these starters look atrocious
>They're the WORST
>giving up on Pokemon was the right thing!
>They look nothing like Pokemon
>*warms up to them* later
EVERY
SINGLE
GEN

Why do people do this?
>>
Because people are worthless trash who don't know how to have fun.
>>
>>26262179
Was thinking the same
I still remember it with Oshawott. It's the exact same feeling as with Popplio. That autistic feeling where you can't understand how anybody could like it.
>>
>>26262195
Fuck off tumblrtard. These designs sans the owl are genuinely bad.
>>
>>26262243
I like it and there is nothing you can do about it.

I don't understand how anyone can like shadow the edgecat.
>>
>>26262269
But the Owl is the worst of the three. (all are good though)
>>
>>26262269
Go see what tumblr is in love with then come back
>>
>>26262273
I know and that's why the feeling is autistic. There's no reason you can't like it. But there's nothing redeemable about its base form at least, not saying anything about its evolutions, to me. People actually said they liked Oshawott back during BW season too.
>>
Because acceptance is the last stage of grief.
>>
>>26262179
Oh come on, what is wrong with this? Seriously, explain to me why this is somehow a bad thing?

My first impressions of the starters was disappointment, but I actually like them now.
Do you hear me bitching at you for liking things right off the bat?
Warming up to things that you previously disliked is completely normal. It's like when you first hear a song and think it's shit, but then you realize it's stuck in your head when you're off doing something else, so you listen to it again and end up loving it.
>>
File: 1461737169680.jpg (75 KB, 606x496) Image search: [Google]
1461737169680.jpg
75 KB, 606x496
>opinions the thread

Good 'ol /vp/
>>
>>26262315
Honk honk
>>
>>26262366
Well that reminded me, nothing redeemable is not quite right. I think the idea is cute. But to me it's really tough to execute on the idea of "circus seal" without it being dumb. Not every Pokemon is for everyone though so.
>>
>>26262179
If anybody has ever given a reason to shake their head, now is the time. Kill yourself OP, just fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>26262179
It's the shock of getting something new.

I admit that I do this everytime too, except it only lasts for about 5 minutes.
>>
>>26262315
Thing's cute and those animations are top-tier with some actual personality to them. It's not unredeemable at all.
Admittedly I do wonder how they're going to pull off three stages of "circus seal" without turning retarded, but I think stage one was a success.
>>
>>26262179
gen 5 starters are still unequivocal garbage
gen 6 starters are a mixed bag, with fennekin being shit and froakie and chespin as okay
The owl and the cat are genuinely better than both gens and the seal is oshawatt-tier
>>
The people saying the first things are nostalgiafags who don't even play Pokemon anymore. And end up never warming up to them.

The people in the last quote who end up warming up to then aren't the kind who say any of the first shit. Or end up not caring about how bad they are if their final evolutions are great(like a lot of people with Gen 4)
>>
>>26262914
Sea Lion is GOAT and you know it
>>
>>26262179
"People" don't. Retards do.
>>
>>26262243
I like it because it's got personality is smug as hell
>>
>>26262179
Because when new pokemon are revealed, they look like fakemons every time without fail. I felt the same way about gen 6's starters when i first saw them.
>>
>>26262332
Holy shit, this is Aerial Ace accurate
>>
>people warmed up to Gen V's box-fodder
good one
>>
I never warmed up to Oshawott. Still as shit as on the day of the leak.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.