[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The saved game data is corrupted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: The Fury.png (151 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
The Fury.png
151 KB, 700x500
Sorry guys, but I'm in a state of rage. This thread is mainly to vent but maybe something more than that will come out of it.

Starting my copy of Pokémon OR it displays the following message: "The saved game data is corrupted. Refer to the electronic manual for details." It worked fine last time, and I can't for the life of me imagine what I could've done to cause this. I was just berry farming for about 20 minutes or so. Checked online to see if similar problems arose and indeed they have, though most of the time they have to do with pokébank, imported pokémon and items, or shutting down the system too quickly after saving. But I don't have pokébank, no imported pokémon aside from legendaries that I traded from XY and AS, and always switch the system off via the home menu.

What's gone? A nearly complete livingdex missing only Cresselia, Hoopa and Volcanion, a few shinies and 100+ of every obtainable berry. I'm fuming right now.

Any ideas? Had similar experiences? Help me out or rage with me, will you? I kinda need it.
>>
using any hacked mons?
>>
How does this even happen lol
>>
Man that sucks but what the fuck? I have a blue version from 100 year ago that still works.
>>
>>26261719
No. All pokemon I own are from either XY or ORAS and I'm the OT of all of them.
I should say that I'm missing (or WAS missing, thanks GF) a few event mons that have yet to be distributed this year, like Genesect.

>>26261742
>lol
You have to do this to me bro?
>>
>>26261666
>666
>>
>>26261666
Are you playing the digital (e-shop) version of the game? I keep hearing stuff about it fucking up.
>>
The game knew you were getting the devils trips soon and wiped itself out of fear.
>>
>>26263054
Probably, but you can use a Powersaves to make multiple backups of it.
>>
>>26262824
No, I've got a physical copy. All I've found boiled down to essentially "it broke". It's probably true, but I'd like to know why.

>>26263017
The tragedy being that I would not have gotten the devil's trips had the game not corrupted itself.
>>
>>26263070
What did that post say? Something useful?
>>
>>26263168
The devils trips would have been in a different thread today instead of its own. Fate is fate.
>>
>>26263193
The poster asked if it was possible for a carts save to corrupt.
>>
>>26263226
Apparently ;_;
>>
>>26263445
Wishful thinking isn't going to bring them back. It's time to use a pkhex/cheat device and make the Living Dex one can only dream of now.
>>
>>26263509
If a game got corrupted with no cheats on it, then I dread what can happen with actual cheats. Though I guess most of it is really just bad luck.
>>
>>26263544
Just make backups religiously with said cheat device along with said cheats.
>>
>>26263608
Yeah, I probably will. There's no way I can calmly play a pokemon game anymore. Going to chew tech support's ear off tomorrow but it's likely I won't be playing much pokemon until sun and moon.

Rage surely makes way for resignation.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.