[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never liked every starter and every legendary before.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 33
File: 1462897858356.jpg (53 KB, 881x444) Image search: [Google]
1462897858356.jpg
53 KB, 881x444
I've never liked every starter and every legendary before. I'm indecisive as fuck. I don't know which game to buy or which starter to choose. Help.
>>
>>26261514
>sun
>firepuss

Gonna have some fun
>>
File: 1462904401431.jpg (132 KB, 1024x752) Image search: [Google]
1462904401431.jpg
132 KB, 1024x752
>26261514
>26261514
Bandwagon Mode: Sun, Owl
Nomie Mode: Sun, Cat
Flavor Mode: Owl, Moon
Transcendent Shitposter Mode: Either Version, based Seal clown
>>
>>26261514
The only real choice is Litten and Sun for maximum purging and praising.
>>
File: shitcatthingbetterbeatiger.jpg (50 KB, 497x622) Image search: [Google]
shitcatthingbetterbeatiger.jpg
50 KB, 497x622
\[ T ]/ Praise The Sun!
>>
>>26261514

Buy them both, you cheap hack.

I just preordered them yesterday and I feel pretty good about it after the leaks as this is also the only gen where I like all three starters.
>>
File: alpedo.jpg (113 KB, 899x1020) Image search: [Google]
alpedo.jpg
113 KB, 899x1020
Maybe it's because I was in a good mood today, but I can't help feeling the same way. I like everything and can't decide between games, protags & styles or starters.
>>
>>26261514
you are cock hungry faggot if you decide version based on anything other than potential party member exclusives
legends will only appear for a half hour then sit in the box for enternity anyway
>>
>>26261651
I do love cock.
>>
>>26261610
I got both X and Y and it felt like a waste.
>>
>>26261651
it's mostly a question of which box I like better, since I've only used version excusice mons like twice in my time playing Pokémon
>>
File: 1462927640702.png (619 KB, 784x719) Image search: [Google]
1462927640702.png
619 KB, 784x719
It's a tough choice between the cat and the owl, but I'm leaning towards the Owl.
>>
>>26261694
Moon clearly wins in the boxart department. Solgaleo's artwork is painfully static.
>>
>>26261686

I got black and white, black 2 and white 2 and X and Y.

And I still preordered Sun and Moon.

Get on my level of disposable income.
>>
>>26261514
If you haven't decided by the time the games come out, let your ID decide. 1-3 grass, 4-6 fire, an 7-9 water.

if 0 just reroll
>>
>>26261514
Came here to vent because I lost my fucking game data and now I'm spoiled on the starters too.

Good news is that I agree with you. They actually all look promising. I mean, we already have two seal-based lines, one owl-based one, and plenty of feline ones but hey.

The cuteness of the owl nearly makes my rage subside
>>
Owl and Moon bitch. It's written in the stars.
>>
File: nightman.gif (495 KB, 500x204) Image search: [Google]
nightman.gif
495 KB, 500x204
Get his game anon. Do it for him.
>>
File: 1349343768345.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1349343768345.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>26261514
The cat and owl look okay - kinda shit but I've hated the new "everything must be circles" art style since it was introduced in gen 4, but I fucking hate the sealion. It's such a piece of shit, look at that dopey fucking cunt I want to slap it.
>>
>>26262017
>complains about circles
>posts Natu

Are all Johtobabbies this oblivious?
>>
>>26261985
Ssssssssss
>>
File: 48e.gif (1 MB, 540x277) Image search: [Google]
48e.gif
1 MB, 540x277
>>26261514
Well, you have to choose the owl
>>
Im gonna go Litten for Moon and Popplio for SUn but if the evo designs for Roothoot are OP....
>>
File: 1462914619181.gif (2 MB, 443x265) Image search: [Google]
1462914619181.gif
2 MB, 443x265
Best Starter
>>
>>26262038
The exceptions don't make the rule, but we can play this game if you want.
Go look through the first few generations and tell me the designs always start with a circle. In the newest ones, it's blatantly obvious that when the artist draws a Pokemon, they first draw a circle.
I'll give you Natu, voltorb, and our friendly magnet pokemon but come the fuck on look at this shit.
They get more spherical, softer with less "texture" to them. I'm not saying that's BAD, I'm just not a fan of this direction.
>>
>>26262125
kys
>>
File: cring.png.png (46 KB, 572x472) Image search: [Google]
cring.png.png
46 KB, 572x472
>tfw I'm gonna end up having to get BOTH owl and cat through GTS

I hate being one of those shitters, but they're just too good.
>>
File: 1462915865786.png (203 KB, 612x635) Image search: [Google]
1462915865786.png
203 KB, 612x635
>>26262171
goat
>>
This seal is so fucking rad.
>>
Cant decide between starters (though i was always a water biased type) but i think i will get the sun version, the legendary of the moon version just isnt as cool though i do like its design.
Gona wait on evil team for that.
>>
>>26261985

Goddamn, I love Mac.

Nigga couldn't be more attractive to me if he tried.
>>
>>26261577
Why bandwagon?

And yeah, Owl and moon have got to be it. The legendary is a bit underwhelming but I still prefer it over primal Pyroar.
>>
>>26262141
>when the artist draws a Pokemon, they first draw a circle.

You do know that drawing a circle/oval is art 101 right? You use a circle for faces, body parts, animals, almost everything organic is either drawn with a circle or an oval. And as cartoon animals, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to change the face shape past the circle because something with too much detail will look out of place.

Lets look at the iconic Pikachu. His head is a circle which is attached to a longer oval for the body. Ovals makeup the outline of the feet and arms and also the ears. The tail is likely an oval in sketch form as well. And if you look at one from the side, they use a smaller oval for the snout. It really does make sense that the basic parts of the Pokemon itself would be a basic shape (kids are the demographic after all) and detailing out little parts of the design make it unique.

Besides, the way they eventually started drawing gen 1 Pokemon helped make everything look more cohesive because really, there were a few from the original 150 that just looked fucking ridiculous and would seem extremely out of place next to current mons if they hadn't altered their design.
>>
>>26261651
>Caring about version exclusives
>2016

You can just trade on-line for whatever you want and then breed it if you're autistic about your trainer IDs.
>>
>>26262257

>people who like the lion: underage b& and man children who still like mecha

>people who like the bat: edgy darklord fags and people who appreciate spooky yet elegant designs

But no, seriously. That bat looks regal as fuck whereas the lion looks like a mech.
>>
>>26262017
Do you hate all happiness or just goofiness?
Do you need a hug?
>>
>>26262682
the bat looks like a satellite to me desu
>>
>>26262598
Not him, but you missed the point.

A lot of new designs are noticeably simple in their shapes, as though they start with a circle-based skeleton to draw from but didn't add detail to the outline. It's just the shift to the stylised that has been apparent for a long time. Clearly, anon prefers less stylised designs.

Also
>>26262598
>the way they eventually started drawing gen 1 Pokemon helped make everything look more cohesive because really, there were a few from the original 150 that just looked fucking ridiculous and would seem extremely out of place next to current mons if they hadn't altered their design
You are basically saying "Yeah, the style of the first generation is different from the style of newer generations, so they had to change them a little so they wouldn't look out of place." I agree. But anons point was that this change is not a good one.
>>
File: 250px-033Nidorino.png (60 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-033Nidorino.png
60 KB, 250x250
>>26262598
>ou do know that drawing a circle/oval is art 101 right?
Gunna stop you right there. There's a difference between starting with a circle and making it OBVIOUS you started with a circle and are too lazy to give your drawing any fucking form and stick to basic geometric shapes.

Call it cherry picking if you want but a lot of older pokemon have more ambition in their "shapes" and it's more pleasing to the eye because you spend more time looking at it and following the lines, where as these new starters you just need to glance at once and you've seen all there is. Am I making sense?
>>
>>26262682
You say that like mecha are a bad thing. I'm loving the dreamcatcher bat too but they're both boss as fuck.
>>
>>26262125
I wonder if this is the victory animation when defeating a Pokémon.
>>
>>26261514
I liked the cat at first but the fucking owl can turn his head 180 degrees. Also I'm a denialfag who got BTFO so I might have to atone for my sins by using that I denied would exist.
>>
>>26262141
Gen 1, maybe not.
Gen 2, yeah, basically everything was blobby and amorphous.
>>
The Legendary for Pokemon Sun is like a cool Cyberpunk Space Lion thing, with Digital eyes filled with the universe.

The Moon legendary is basically a Moon Frisbee.

As for the starters, the grass owl, though cute as it is, has a silhouette that's about as visually interesting as a Furby. (Even less so because at least Furby had ears)

The fire cat has a black & red edgelord vibe but if you like Kiki's Delivery Service it's not so bad.

The Water Sea Lion is quirky and adorable. It may have animu eyes but it's basically perfect.

Honestly, at this point, I'd wait until they reveal the evolution line before making any rash decisions.
>>
>>26262734
>But anons point was that this change is not a good one.

Eh, I dunno. Pokemon was pretty much my entire life for the first two generations and gen 3 was the last game I bought for a long time. It just didn't appeal to me the way it used to and I could never really put my finger on why.

I bought Pokemon black & white and I enjoyed it enough but I didn't feel the same excitement I did originally. But then X and Y came out and all of a sudden I was hyped all over again. For a long time I thought it was because I'd have enough of the same basic sprite visuals and such which X and Y fixed but then I just got Omega Ruby and I'm not enjoying it all that much, even with the updated visuals. I think now that its the direction which Pokemon took design wise that threw me off the wagon. I really don't like any of the starters and ended up picking Torchic as it was the least offensive in my eyes and I'm halfway through the game and most of my team are mons from gen 1 and 2.

X&Y are the most visually appealing to me for multiple reasons but the biggest seems to be the Pokemon designs. And honestly? gen 7 is the ONLY one where I like all three starters. So, even though I've been playing these games since the 90's, I still think the designs are headed in the right direction. I'm not shackled down by nostalgia though so that might have something to do with it.
>>
>>26262942
>black & red edgelord vibe
It's only got an 'edgelord' vibe if you're a faggot who loves memes and seeing the word 'edgy' gets your dick all chubbed up so you look for an excuse to label things.
There is nothing inherently gothic, obtuse, or violent about the red and black colour scheme. Red and black is very common for a lot of fire type pokemon.
>>
>>26261514
Just don't pick Popplio and you're good.
>>
>>26261577
Full list

Bandwagon: Sun Owl

Normie: Sun Cat

Lighthearted: Sun Sea Lion

Flavor: Moon Owl

Edgelord: Moon Cat

Psychopath: Moon Sea Lion
>>
>>26262855

You seriously thought we weren't getting an owl starter even after the trademarked names?

I'm not asking if you thought Roothoot was the starter, I'm asking if you thought we were getting anything other than an owl.
>>
>>26263112
And it's not even red, it's more of a red-orange. This 'edgy' shit needed to stop years ago.
>>
>>26263129

Well I guess I'm an edgelord then because I'm going with Litten and the moon legendary.
>>
>>26263112
>>26263198

I was paraphrasing what the general consensus was in order to help OP narrow down the options. I didn't mean to trigger either of you guys. Sorry!
>>
>>26263252
It's all good, friend.
>>
File: Kaminowl.png (768 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Kaminowl.png
768 KB, 1500x1500
My choice is made guys.

ROWLET ROWLET FIGHT THE POWAH
>>
>>26263224
Nothing wrong with edge. Just using the hostility of environment as a tool of your own instead of letting it eat away at you in silence.
>>
>>26262773
I get what your saying. It's just a tendency though, and one that's probably even exemplified with the fairy type, which is pretty much defined by soft and simple lines. Notable exception is of course Xerneas. But there still are "ambitious" designs among newer generations, only they are unlikely to be basic stages. And something like Furfrou is probably somewhere in the middle.

>>26263106
I quite like the direction too. It's just too bad that the cutesy style is a lot more common these days than the oldschool pokemon style was.
>>
>>26263129
>implying anybody cares.
>>
>>26261514
I don't understand why Gamefreak has never figured out that they'd sell twice the copies of the games if they'd just make two sets of starters and version lock them. I honestly don't give a fuck about the legendaries and forget about the version exclusives. Just buy sun and wait for eclipse to come out next june
>>
>>26263412
Then people would just trade for Plangry, Wetva, Heatling, Foaddle, Lilidrop, and Smelbat instead of just Plangry, Wetva, and Heatling.
>>
>>26263475
Thats the point
starters are by far the most popular pokemon in each series. Giving a gen two sets of starters will drive the initial hype to buy both games.
>>
>>26263552
Wondertrade
>>
>>26263224
Another edgelord reporting in. Moonlitten master race all the way.
>>
>>26261514
I genuinely don't understand why everyone is so positive toward the new pokemon. I want to like them, but they're all so bland. Especially Litten, it's fucking atrocious. It's LITERALLY just a black cat with red features.
>B-But squirtle is just a blue turtle!
It also had a big blue swirly tail. Plus, turtles are already related to water. If you made the red parts of Litten grey, it would just be a completely normal cat.

Not to mention the legendaries are fucking awful. They don't look celestial at all, and they look even more robotic than Dialga and Palkia. Not to mention that, opposite of the starters, they're way to over-complex.

>G-Genwunner!
I'm normally the person who defends later gens. It's not that I hate them because they're new or to be a contrarian, I genuinely don't see how people can like them.
>>
>>26263718
>Normal cats have spiked tails
>>
>>26263718
I agree Litten is the weakest design here.

I also agree that the legendaries are overly busy, but I don't think it's worse than Dialga/Palkia or Reshiram/Zekrom. And, personally, I do get a celestial vibe from them. At least from the lion.
>>
>>26263753
>Wicks are black
>Wicks are connected to cats
Besides, it's clearly really scruffy. The thought of it possibly being a wick didn't even come to mind until someone on here mentioned it.
>>
>>26264001
It also covered in oil.
If they made it more shiny would be more conveyed however.
>>
>>26263976
>I don't think it's worse than Dialga/Palkia or Reshiram/Zekrom
Nah, it's definitely worse. All of those pokemon definitely had very crowded and not very good designs, but not to the extent of the Sun/Moon legendaries. The sun one looks like it's wearing robot armor, and the moon one looks like some sort of flying trampoline with a skeleton on it.
>I do get a celestial vibe from them. At least from the lion.
I don't see how. I mean, they're both obviously shaped by the sun and moon logos, but aside from that, they're just weird robotic things. The only thing that really screams "space" about them is the stars being projected on the giant TV screens they have on their bodies.
>>
>>26264079
That fact isn't conveyed in its design. If it was, I'd be fine with it. I wouldn't like it, but it wouldn't be the worst pokemon ever designed. Personally, I think the way it makes fire by licking itself and collecting oil and spitting out fire-hairballs is a neat idea, but the design itself is what I'm complaining about.
>>
>>26264108
Loads of Pokemon have cool things which are not always apparent in stills.
I think Samurott's ability to use side weapons and switch to bipedal stance is one of the more blatant.
>>
>>26264177
But Samurott also has the seashell motif. Litten just has that one fact about it being oily to make it fire related.
>>
>>26264239
There will NEVER EVER be proper texture maps
>>
>>26263718
>they look even more robotic than Dialga and Palkia
No, at least you can recognize them as animals, a bat and a fucking lion.

Dialga is a nothing, it's the weirdest fucking thing that looks like nothing, it has giant pieces of steel coming out of everywhere and his art expression literally gave no idea of emotion or anything.

At least Palkia can at least be described as dragon somewhat.
>>
File: gen7starter.jpg (30 KB, 540x452) Image search: [Google]
gen7starter.jpg
30 KB, 540x452
>>26262125
>>
>>26261514
Sun and my nigga Popplio
Moon and my mufuckin nigga Rowlet
Trade for Litten
>>
>>26264313
They look like dinosaurs/generic kaiju.
>>
>>26264082
I'm probably biased from having read Shaman King but the robotic look can be pulled off in such a way so as to seem celestial.

What would you deem celestial, then? Like the Elgyem line? Or something more shapeless or very simple? Legit curious.
>>
Get a female starter and breed it, those are very easy trades for the other starters.
>>
>>26261514
>Rowlet is explicitly shown to rotate its face
>this picture has it bend its neck
You had the opportunity for a funny situation
>>
>>26264565
I dunno, something magical? The Sun legendary looks like it's covered in robot armor, and the moon legendary looks like some sort of trampoline. Both of them look like they have LCD displays of stars and stuff on their bodies where that "space" stuff is.
>>
File: didi.png (104 KB, 1021x932) Image search: [Google]
didi.png
104 KB, 1021x932
>not having a brother so you can get all three starters
>>
File: Why.jpg (1 MB, 2520x1280) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
1 MB, 2520x1280
>>26264490
>dinosaurs/generic kaiju
That's the best you can get close to describe them, and yet dialga long dumb alien head makes him way different from long neck dinos and palkia's body shape doesnt really fit any dino archetype well so the best you can describe them is as generic weird monsters (kaiju)

I am not saying Moon and Sun are the best, far from it, but to say they look worse than the most unappealing cover legendaries to date is just poppycock.

XY>GS>SM>BW>RS>>>>>>>>>>>>DP In terms of box legendaries.
>>
Moon/Litten is the only good choice.
>>
>>26263129
time to ride the wagon to funtown
>>
>>26263331
You're not OP
>>
I have no clue which starter to pick. I kinda like Rowlet [Not an Owl/Denial fag I swear] since it's fucking cute. But so is Litten. I kinda get an Oshowatt vibe from Popplio though, as in it looks goofy now but when it evolves it will get vengeance on everyone that laughed at him.
>>
>>26263718
The cat doesn't just have stripes. It has a brimstone symbol on its face and a bomb wick tail. The cat is probably my least favorite, but I can still see it for what it is, anon. Besides, it's literally the first in the evolution line - they're not meant to be incredibly inspired. They're the base for something (ideally) greater.
>>
>>26264683
I see it more as the whole body leaning.
Plus, I didn't draw it. So there's that.
>>
>>26264966
Rowlet has shit typing, also memey af.

Popplio's animal concept too similar to Oshawott/Samurott. Evolution will either be awesome or complete shit, no in between.

Litten overall is the safest regarding evolution potential. First actual cat starter, cute aloof face.
>>
>>26264999
These are blatant lies. Do you really think that Game Freak, first of all, would include a symbol of something that originated from Christianity? Secondly, do you think they'd expect the general pokemon audience to know what the Brimstone symbol even looks like? Also, the cat already has scruffy details, it makes sense that it'd have a scruffy tail. If they wanted it to be a wick they would've made it white to make it obvious.
>>
>>26263129
woke up on the bandwagon
went to bed a psychopath
>>
>>26263112
>triggered

We got an edgelord in denial here guys
>>
>owl is memey and bandwagon and there exist now owlfags
Really? A design that resonates with a lot of people instantly becomes tarnished by stuff like this? Guys, please.
>>
>>26265048
>originated from christianity
It's only had Satanic connotations within the past century. It's an alchemy symbol.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 976x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 976x1000
OP here. I've decided.. at least until evolutions are released. I'm sorry if I let anyone down, I'm made of garbage and I gotta stay consistent.
>>
>>26265048
Nigga it's the symbol for sulfur
You know for fire and things that explode
Like yo mind right about now
>>
>>26261514
I know that feel. This is literally the first time the choice will be difficult for me.
>Starter
Rowlet or Litten, my friend is taking the seal clown.

>Version
Literally comes down to what the exclusives are.
>>
>>26265048
>general pokemon audience
are you implying the audience is not people in their 20s
>>
>>26265044
>Popplio's animal concept too similar to Oshawott/Samurott. Evolution will either be awesome or complete shit, no in between.

I totally agree, I hope it turns into some badass clown or jester. I think I might go with Litten since it's cute and I haven't really used a fire starter since Gen 3. I always used fire for a second playthrough to see how it is.
>>
>>26265048
ps u have scruffy details
>>
>>26261514
Either buy both copys or buy one copy and get bank and spend 20 minutes resetting for all 3. Problem solved.
>>
>>26265028
Sorry, bro. Didn't mean it as an attack.
>>
>>26265248
we cool baby
>>
>>26262208
Literally just spend a few minutes resetting for all 3 starters
>>
>>26261514
If you really like them all, go Popplio / Moon because that seems to be the least popular choice.
>>
>>26263112
>Charizard is edgy
>Litten is not
>>
File: 1407119379594.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
1407119379594.png
129 KB, 724x611
>not using the bank to transfer cat to a new save so you can use both owl and cat
Fuck the sea lion though
>>
>>26261514
sun legendary looks shit!
>>
File: peruvian battle avocado.jpg (785 KB, 2253x2073) Image search: [Google]
peruvian battle avocado.jpg
785 KB, 2253x2073
>>26261514
>we won't get two-type triangle like Gen VI

The only one that fits is Flying/Ice/Fighting, and I can't see any of these being Fighting type.

Unless Rowlet's type ends up changing, which also seems unlikely.
>>
>>26261845
>>
I like all the starters, but I'm really hesitant to allow Rowlet's typing onto a team without it doing something phenominal. I mean it's not Amaura/Aurorus level bad but there really is a certain level of shittiness a Pokemon can reach where even INGAME you just feel like you're doing it a favor by switching to it over any of your other party members.
>>
>Not boxing the starter immediately and using a new poke you found in the grass
>>
>>26262773
I never realized how well done nidorino's depth is in this image.
>>
>>26265559
>implying Litten won't evolve into a bipedal bara brawling tiger
:^)
>>
>>26261514
>neither game
>no starter
actually happy that a game finally looks so trash, uncreative and straight pathetic that i won't be wasting 80 bucks on it. ty for the memories pogeymans
>>
>>26263129
Flavor reporting in!
>>
>>26265890
If that were true you would've stopped for Gen IV.
>>
File: 1455659398648.png (202 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1455659398648.png
202 KB, 600x375
I'm really disappointed with all 3 starters, just like last Gen.

Guess it's another Pokémon game with no starter on my team.

That Sea Lion, is an absolute travesty.
>>
>>26265771
Litten won't involve because degenrate drugs stunt your growth.
>>
>>26262449
He was hotter when he was fat
>>
File: 1413913224038.gif (888 KB, 300x278) Image search: [Google]
1413913224038.gif
888 KB, 300x278
>>26265979
>>
File: BestBoy.jpg (22 KB, 300x306) Image search: [Google]
BestBoy.jpg
22 KB, 300x306
>>26263224
>>26263622
Fabulous taste.
>>
File: tom.png (69 KB, 532x454) Image search: [Google]
tom.png
69 KB, 532x454
>>26265979
>>
File: 1435820612964.jpg (109 KB, 800x1115) Image search: [Google]
1435820612964.jpg
109 KB, 800x1115
>>26263129
Edgelord is best
>>
>>26264774
I haven't got anything too bad to say about Zoids, but FlatBat is an aesthetic monstrosity.

Why does it have no legs? Why is it so two-dimensional? Why does such a hyper-stylized Pokémon have weird, semi-realistic claws jutting from its otherwise simple, geometric wings?

I can't think of a worse designed legendary, including Palkia.

also
>S&M legendaries
>more appealing than BW, RS, DP

You've got to be out of your goddamn mind.
>>
>>26265890
You won't be missed, take your shit taste elsewhere.
>>
Glad I'm not the only one. They're all so cute. Tempted to buy both versions purely so I can trade myself all 3 starters...
>>
>>26266421
>Why does it have no legs?
Biggest problem on the design, i agree with you there.

>Why is it so two-dimensional?
What does that even mean? It a fucking bat with giant ass flat wings and a small lean almost non-existent body, of course it looks thin.

>Why does such a hyper-stylized Pokémon have weird, semi-realistic claws jutting from its otherwise simple, geometric wings?
>those claws
>semi realistic

>You've got to be out of your goddamn mind.
I can say that at least BW and RS are arguable specially since i do agree that the bat design is not amazing, but DP is not up to discussion, they are the worst, it has been a fucking decade and just looking at D/P cover art makes me mad, they are fucking atrocious in every way.
>>
>>26266700
>non-existent body
This is what I'm wondering; why does it have no body? Why is it almost entirely 2 dimensional apart from its head? Again, why does it have no legs? It looks ridiculous, as though it's just a floating head with a hint of humanoid posture and a cape.

>semi-realistic
It's the only part of the Pokémon that mimics with some degree of accuracy something you might see on a real animal. The fingers are contoured, have knuckles, and aren't nearly as abstract as the rest of the design. They're the only thing that looks functional on this fucking mess. I'm not suggesting they're 1:1 simulacra of bat fingers, I'm only saying they're out of place on the otherwise hyper stylized body.
>>
>>26261514
if i roll above 4 im getting moon, if 4 or below i'm getting sun
>>
>>26265890
Great! Theres the door!

Go play you Cock of Duty and shit elsewhere.
>>
I have NEVER chosen a grass starter before because the type is absolutely shit.

I am picking the cute baby owl this time. Typing be damned.
>>
>>26263129
>Psychopath: Moon Sea Lion
>Normie: Sun Cat
I like it when my starters match the game. So either psychopath or normie mode.
>>
>>26266700
>my opinion is not up for discussion
>>
>>26263129
can't decide if i'm normie or edgelord
>>
>>26263129
Lighted heart. Nice
>>
>>26261514

Well it's actually the opposite for me, it's the first time that none of them really clicks.
Part of getting old I guess.
>>
File: 1461550018527.png (618 KB, 758x1197) Image search: [Google]
1461550018527.png
618 KB, 758x1197
>>
File: Pokemon-SunMoon-Starter-Litten.png (201 KB, 600x438) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-SunMoon-Starter-Litten.png
201 KB, 600x438
>>26263129
I don't give a shit if I'm an edgelord, I love space bat and the kitty cat.
>>
>>26261514
They look like they are from 3 different games...
>>
Moon, Cat/Owl
>>
>>26261514
Buy both games. Use 1 as a main game and use the 2nd for nuzlockes/wonderlockes or for trading version exclusives and starters.
>>
>>26268977
>memebase gen 5
stop
>>
File: 1461889811634.jpg (28 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
1461889811634.jpg
28 KB, 275x275
>This is the second time the water starter didn't instantly btfo the other 2
Well I guess I'll wait on evolutions, but the owl looks cute as all fug.
>>
>>26261577
fuck this I was saying sun back when moon shitposters were being insufferable on this board

Sun + Seal Clown masterrace ww@
>>
Gen 1: Water
Gen 2: Water
Gen 3: Water
Gen 4: Water
Gen 5: Water
Gen 6: Water
Gen 7: Fire-
>>
>>26263129
Psychopath, reporting
>>
>>26263129
>gonna take moon and cat and definitely prepare an umbreaon and maybe some other darks
r8 in crawling skins how edgelord is this
>>
>>26269003
You be you, man.

I'm an incidental flavor-guy mesself.
Kinda like the design of both legendaries but the bat seems a lot more interesting.
>>
File: Sun vs Moon.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1245) Image search: [Google]
Sun vs Moon.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1245
>>26261514

Just wait until exclusives are actually confirmed, that's what I'm going to do.
>>
File: 139789238207.jpg (17 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
139789238207.jpg
17 KB, 500x327
>>26263129
>psychopath
Oh well
>>
File: oniichan.png (86 KB, 497x457) Image search: [Google]
oniichan.png
86 KB, 497x457
>chosing
>not taking them all at once
>>
>>26261514
So the kitten is the early rising sun, the pink nose is the just rising moon, and the owl is like a seed?
>>
>>26263129
Why is Moon Cat edgy? The only reason I'm rolling that is because I'm too autistic to have my starter and the game's legendary both be cats.
>>
>>26263129
lighthearted, reporting in
>>
>>26261514
Instead of picking one of these lack luster starters, do what I'm going to do and use your bro as your starter. You just have to wait til the first pokemon center and upload your old mons.
>>
>>26272967
>I don't want to make new bros because I'm afraid of new experiences
>>
>>26264705
pokebank means you dont need a brother dumby
>>
>>26265890
>80 bucks

what
>>
File: 1461934929799.jpg (22 KB, 495x474) Image search: [Google]
1461934929799.jpg
22 KB, 495x474
>>26261514
I'm stuck between cat and owl.

They're both too good.

HURRY UP AND SHOW THEIR MID EVOS GAMEFREAK DAMNIT
>>
>>26263389
>>26263622
>>26263129
4chan would be a better place without the memes, honestly. I'm literally living in a trash dump full of fucking garbage and hthe occasional treasures.
>>
>>26263718
>I genuinely don't understand why everyone is so positive toward the new pokemon.
That's all I read. I love them. I'd love for you to die, too. Go ahead and do that. They are very good designs.
>>
>>26264313
>Dialga is a nothing, it's the weirdest fucking thing that looks like nothing, it has giant pieces of steel coming out of everywhere and his art expression literally gave no idea of emotion or anything.

This is honestly the most retarded fucking sentence I have ever read in my fucking life.
>>
>>26270650
>implying they would ever made Lucario a version exclusive
>implying it wont be made extremely easy to obtain in the game early on, or straight up given to you.
>>
>>26273740
Boo hoo
>>
>>26273858
I hope there's another forced Lucario event just to spite you whiners.
>>
>>26273921
Yeah keep crying, just like you do in real life because you're a pussy living in a trash dump.
>>
>>26273959
You can leave instead of shitting up the thread with your unimportant blog posts.
>>
>>26274047
No, you can leave without shitting the thread up with your stupid fucking memes you shouldn't even be thinking about over 18, and replying to my posts with pointless shit contradicting yourself like "boo hoo". What are you fucking stupid kill yourself piece of shit
>>
>>26274116
I didn't post a single meme.
You can stay upset if you'd like though.
>>
>>26274185
You replied to me with "boo hoo" which implies to me that I replied to you, and every post I replied to used the 4chan lingo term of "edgy/edge".

If I was upset I would be unhappy, worried, or in distress. I type everyday to fucking retards like you with the same attitude as eating a bowl of cereal. You're nothing, you're shit, and a fucking moron.
>>
>>26270906
underrated post
>>
File: 1751233.jpg (86 KB, 634x800) Image search: [Google]
1751233.jpg
86 KB, 634x800
pic related

I might change my mind if the fire starter has an interesting second type that isn't dark or rock, hopefully poison .
>>
>>26261514
the starters are looking you
>>
>>26261514
I just wish Popplio had a smaller nose. That's the only thing I'd change.
>>
>>26261514
I'd go with Sun and either the Clown or the Cat.
>>
>>26263129
Flavour boyz
>>
>>26261514
The only one I have issues with is the Owl.
I think it might partially be PTSD from the roothoot wars though, going Litten/Sun and Popplio/Moon
>>
>>26261514

You can be a faggot and wait for the second stage, and maybe third stage, evolutions just so you have a better idea of the general direction they're going for, which one gets bulky, which one gets frail, etc.

Or you can do it the fun way and choose a version and starter and stick with them no matter what, bonus points if you avoid spoilers as well. For instance I'm getting Sun/Popplio and my wife is getting Moon/Litten. We've made our decisions and we're sticking with them.
Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.