[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all starters are perfect >great box art legendaries >no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14
File: tumblr_o6yyfxIsAA1uv83zwo1_1280.png (260 KB, 1280x1093) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6yyfxIsAA1uv83zwo1_1280.png
260 KB, 1280x1093
>all starters are perfect
>great box art legendaries
>no more grid based movement, world seemingly completely 3d like the gamecube games
>beautiful, colorful region
>no more chibi proportions
>trainers visible in battle
>trainer customization is back

things are good, /vp/. don't you agree? i expected things to go terribly, but i've been pleasantly surprised that things might not be GF's traditional technique of 1 step forward and two steps backwards.
we don't deserve gen 7.
>>
File: hokurowlet.png (338 KB, 794x429) Image search: [Google]
hokurowlet.png
338 KB, 794x429
>>26260409
So far so good anon, you've summed it up well. Although I honestly didn't like the starters at first. They just felt so underwhelming. But the circus act is now peaking my interest
>>
>>26260409
Opinion.
Opinion.
>no more grid based movement, world seemingly completely 3d like the gamecube games
Its going to be a smaller game as a result based on the small as fuck region.
Reuses same assets like skybox.
Only good imlrovement.
Exclusive to rival battles.
Not confirmed.
>>
i hope the new megas are good. there's no way they'd scrap them entirely after putting so much effort into them, but i at least we saw at least one hint of them in today's trailers.
>>
File: Ce-Hi9QW8AASC6W.jpg (28 KB, 400x541) Image search: [Google]
Ce-Hi9QW8AASC6W.jpg
28 KB, 400x541
>>26260582
>>
>>26260582
>Seriously believing a region based on Hawaii will take place on only one island
>>
WHERE ARE THE MEGA POKEMON
>>
I didn't know trainers were visible during battle. That's actually pretty awesome, gives another layer of uniqueness to each match and keeps it visually interesting :)
>>
>>26260409
Now it just needs challenge and a good post game
>>
>>26260409
Wrong. Only the grass owl is good. the fire cat and water seal are garbage.

Everything else you said is right/good.
>>
>>26260493
piquing.
>>
>>26260409
I'm super excited for this gen and I hope there's some neat lore surrounding the legendaries
>>
>>26262191
But you're wrong. All starters are great. My opinion is obviously the superior one so hah.
>>
>>26260582
>small as fuck region
It's going to cover 5 god damn islands what else do you want
>>
This does look like it is going to be good!

...Too good actually. The best way to hide shit in a sandwich is to make the sandwich look really good.

...There's shit here. I can smell it on the wind. All is not well in Gen 7. A Shit Typhoon is on the horizon, mark my words!
>>
>>26261461
Up your ass and around the corner
>>
>>26260582
>Implying we can see the full map
>Implying we won't travel to smaller islands

Do you know how Hawaii works?
>>
>>26260409
Iwata is dead. All pokemon games will be great starting with SOON.
>>
>>26260409
Too bad the games still run like shit
>>
>>26260582

>trainer customization not confirmed
>he missed the screenshots where the protag is wearing two different - although incredibly similar - outfits
>>
File: 1462905642760.png (661 KB, 801x613) Image search: [Google]
1462905642760.png
661 KB, 801x613
>>26263471
I got you mate.
>>
Will the hat be glued to our heads again?
>>
>>26260409
>All starters are perfect
Why does everyone keep saying this? The starters are ultra-simplified. The sea lion clown isn't a terribly original idea, the owl is just a small round owl, and the cat is just a red cat. It's not so much that their designs are terrible, they're just extremely generic. They barely feel like pokemon.
>Great box art legendaries
This is silly. They look terrible.
>EXTREMELY over-detailed
I know it's a buzzword, but this is probably the one time that I feel like it describes a pokemon accurately.
>Don't look celestial at all
They're more like robots with big TV screens showing stars and space and stuff on them.
>DURR THEY HAVE TO MATCH THE LOGO
It's not too bad with the Sun legendary, but with the Moon one it's obvious they thought of the logo first and created the legendary as an afterthought. Not to mention that there's already a sun-themed lion pokemon, and 3 other large cat fire-type pokemon.
>No more grid based movement
Yeah, but I never really had a gripe with grid based movement. I guess it'll let you get from point A to point B faster.
It's kinda painful how much they're pushing "GUYS ITS HAWAII!!". Even the name is fucking Alola. That'd be like if Kalos was called "Bonjur" or something.
>No more chibi proportions
This is something I'm really glad about, though. This was on my list of things I wanted the moment Sun/Moon was mentioned.
>Trainers visible in battle
I don't think that every trainer is gonna be visible in battle. I didn't see a trainer in the starter fight in the video.
>Trainer customization is back
This is pretty good. Hope it's not shit like in X/Y.

That said, we still don't know a lot about the game. At this point, I'm still not convinced on buying the game unless there's a significant difficulty increase and/or some really nice new mechanics added.
>>
File: HGSS_Kanto.png (3 MB, 1594x1215) Image search: [Google]
HGSS_Kanto.png
3 MB, 1594x1215
>>26263959
>It's kinda painful how much they're pushing "GUYS ITS HAWAII!!". Even the name is fucking Alola. That'd be like if Kalos was called "Bonjur" or something.
You're acting like this is a new thing.
>>
>>26260582
How to be wrong: the post
>>
>>26263959
>Why does everyone keep saying this?
Because it's true.

I bet you're a gen V fag who cannot appreciate simple, good designs that don't rely on horns and other overdesigned crap riddling the pokemon.
>>
File: when you die just right.png (192 KB, 711x619) Image search: [Google]
when you die just right.png
192 KB, 711x619
>>26263959
>That'd be like if Kalos was called "Bonjur" or something.
>>
>>26264185
Johto is based on Japan, but it's not like it's called Jaban.

Although I guess you have a point, I can't really call it a complaint that it's based on a real world place when it's already been done throughout the series. I retract my complaint.
>>
>>26263959
>Ultra-simplified

For fucks sake, I wonder if there is something on your life you wouldn't complain about
>>
>>26264216
>If you dislike _____, you must like _____
Nice meme.
>simple designs = better designs
Nice meme again.
>B-But if you don't like simple designs you must love overly complex designs!
No, but there's a difference between a simple, yet unique pokemon, and a regular animal with a different color.
>>
>>26263959
I don't understand why boring and generic are problems now. Everyone loves the Johto starters and they're boring and generic.
>>
>>26264304
>WAAAH YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO BE DISAPPOINTED
This is a weird experience for me because normally I'm the one telling people not to complain about pokemon.
>>
>>26264304
It's not even just that either. The retard cries about the starters being ultra-simplified, and the immediately goes on to bawwing about the legendaries being overdetailed.
>>
The starters look totally retarded especially the seal.
>>
>>26264270
>Johto is based on Japan, but it's not like it's called Jaban.
Kanto is literally the real-world region of Japan surrounding Tokyo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kant%C5%8D_region

It'd be like if Unova was called New York City
>>
>>26264320
The difference between these starters and Johto starters is that the Johto starters still manage to be unique.

Cyndaquil has fire incorporated into its design. It shoots them out of its back, similarly to how an echidna has spikes on its back.
Totodile is like a tiny alligator, I dunno. It's a weird fat reptile thing with an alligator face. It's not my favorite design, but it's not like it's literally just a blue alligator. It also has a neat color scheme, as opposed to just being blue.
Chikorita doesn't immediately resemble a known animal. It also has sorta "Seeds" growing around its neck that grow as it evolves, that's neat.

There's also the fact that /vp/ is a single person. People can have different opinions here.
>>
stopped reading, opinion objectively trash from here on out
>>
>>26264410
New York State, rather
>>
>>26264410
Kanto isn't immediately japanese, though, like Johto is. Also I didn't know that and I already admit that you have a point, it's silly to complain about pokemon regions being based on real places.
>>
File: bait museum.jpg (118 KB, 627x477) Image search: [Google]
bait museum.jpg
118 KB, 627x477
>>26264350
>People can't complain about two different things
>People who don't like what I like are retards
I can see this conversation isn't going anywhere fast.
>>
>>26264306
>Nice meme
>Nice meme again

So you have literally no retort, good to know, next time just say nothing at all you meme loving fuck.

>No, but there's a difference between a simple, yet unique pokemon, and a regular animal with a different color.

Good thing that literally isn't the case here you fucking moron. The starters are gen 1 & 2 like.
>>
>>26264473
>"stop it! let me be contrarian and complain about stuff without making any sense! waah why aren't i unique"

you cannot make this shit up.
>>
>>26264474
>The starters are gen 1 & 2 like.

Thank god for that. I'm sick of the overly moe designs were have been getting in these past few generations.
>>
>>26260409
>no more grid based movement
ORAS already removed that lad
>>
>>26264436
Unova is not based on all of NY. It's based on NYC in terms of geography (shape of the landmass and city arrangement).
>>
>>26260409
>>all starters are perfect
>>great box art legendaries
>>26260409

You NEED to kill yourself for these awful opinions

>>>/trash/
>>
>>26264493
>>26264474
>DURR U JUST A CONTRARIAN STOP BEING A BIG BAD BULLY!!! WAAAH STOP DISLIKING THINGS!
Alright, I'll admit, you're starting to piss me off now.

You both instantly assume that I am either a genwunner, or a contrarian, or that I love the new designs, or something like that, and use that as a basis of defending the Gen 7 starters/legendaries without actually mentioning the Gen 7 starters/legendaries..

I've already given several reasons why I dislike the Gen 7 starters and legendaries. In order to avoid me repeating myself, let me ask you both: What do you like about them?
>They're simple!
That alone doesn't make them good designs. If you draw a cat and paint it red, you haven't created a new species, you simply have a red cat.

I challenge you two to come up with a single solid point to defend any of these new pokemon beyond "it's simple! Just like gen 1 pokemon!".
>>
>>26264577
>>26264422
>>26264351

>Post count hasn't moved at all
This guy is asshurt as fuck lmao
>>
>>26264619
>everyone on 4chan is the same person
Dank meme, my lad. But that isn't me.
>>
>>26263959
based on your complaints i can tell you you're the kind of person who is on the verge of suicide and doesn't really like the games and is just here to shitpost.

>inb4 stop liking things i dont like!!1!
no, your complaints are completely baseless and you are being pessimistic because you're a miserable shit IRL
>>
>>26260493
really? its the complete opposite for me
I loved them when I saw them, but looking at the sealion again, the circus theme is kinda dumb.
The other two are great though
>>
>>26260582
there's always one of these guys
>>
>>26263138
...this guy is right... the shit birds are comin, anons

gonna... carry us off to the shit nest...
>>
>>26264711
>>26264735
>all this baseless defense of Gen 7
This is it. This is my punishment for defending all the shitty pokemon people don't like. I gotta get a taste of my own medicine and listen to people bitch about how great pokemon I hate are. This is gonna be a painful six months.
>>
File: Cyndaquil.png (41 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Cyndaquil.png
41 KB, 250x250
>>26264602
>Sperging out because you're getting BTFO
Oh I am laffin'

Since you brought up the cat, let's roll with that.

Points of interest -
>Sulphur symbol on its head.
>Fuse-like tail
>Volatile looking backspikes when it uses an attack
>Whiskers look like exaggerated explosions

You mentioned before that you found Cyndaquil to be good design, but then immediately claim the cat is "just a red cat".

Cyndaquil has one point of note. It has fire on its back. That's all. Other than that, its design consists of two colors with nothing else noteworthy about it.

The fuck outta here. Your reasoning for disliking these new pokemon is that of a child. It's obvious you're just playing the contrarian card for some much needed attention.
>>
>>26264787
>baseless defense
>opinions are baseless and we aren't allowed to have them
>>
>>26264787
Is this the most autistic poster on /vp/ currently?
We may be on a pokemon board, but need I remind you that you need to be 18+ to be on this website
>>
I wish they'd put a bunch of hidden event islands in like they did during third gen. Putting in the cheats and exploring those hidden islands was a ton of fun even without the legendaries waiting to be caught there.
>>
>>26264812
>It's okay to have a baseless opinion as long as it's positive
>>26264826
>ur autistic xD
>>26264806
>Sulphur symbol on its head
That's just a common mark on simplified, cartoony cat heads. Not to mention that Game Freak wouldn't include a symbol originating from Christianity (the symbol for Brimstone, AKA sulfur) in their starter design.
>Fuse-like tail
It's just a scruffy tail. The rest of it is scruffy with pointed bits like the tail. Fuses aren't black. If they wanted it to be a fuse, they would've made it obvious.
>Volatile looking black spikes when it uses an attack
Another attribute of generic cartoon cats, their fur stands on end when they're angry or startled.
>Whiskers look like exaggerated explosions
Okay, now you're REALLY stretching it.
>Cyndaquil has fire on its back. That's all.
Yes. Fire. It also doesn't just look like they copied an echidna from a kid's drawing book and copied it.
>I dislike your opinion so you're a child/contrarian
This is starting to get really frustrating.
>>
File: 12434534534534543534.gif (647 KB, 188x253) Image search: [Google]
12434534534534543534.gif
647 KB, 188x253
>>26264927
>That's just a common mark
>You will never get ruined so hard that you have to blatantly lie to yourself to save face

Embarrassing. Your posts are so cringe worthy that you should go to the next AGDQ to give us more literal comedy gold to laugh at.
>>
File: Tabby.png (50 KB, 150x277) Image search: [Google]
Tabby.png
50 KB, 150x277
>>26264991
Oh sorry, I forgot my picture.
I guess Tabby is also a hellcat with its super obvious brimstone symbol on its face, right? :^)

Also, do you really think that the general audience for Pokemon knows the symbol for Brimstone?
>>
File: Litten.png (34 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Litten.png
34 KB, 250x250
>>26264806
I can even take it a step further. Littens eyes look reminiscent to Lava lamps.

>>26264927
>This entire post
lmao tbqh.

>"N-no you're wrong, p-post o-one unique thing about any of their designs!"
>Give you several
>"No stop! They don't count!"

Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>26265026
>>26264927
>>26264787
>>26264602
>>26264306
>>26263959

So this is the gen 5 audience.
Now I understand why people do not take you seriously.
>>
There's some strong autism ITT, good lord. Y'all niggas need to stop getting upset about other people enjoying things.
>>
File: guards.png (119 KB, 392x366) Image search: [Google]
guards.png
119 KB, 392x366
>>26264927
>That's just a common mark on simplified, cartoony cat heads.
>It's just a scruffy tail.
>Another attribute of generic cartoon cats
>>
>>26265049
>Give reasons as to why your points are flawed
>uses a strawman instead of giving a reason as to why my reasons are wrong
I'm done. Fine, take your shitty red cat. Not my problem if you have no taste.
>>26265049
>>26265062
>>26265096
>people who dislike things are dumb!
I appear to have stepped into reddit. I don't like to use reddit as a buzzword, but at this point, we're just using all the buzzwords we can. Have fun being tumblr and yiffing it to your sexy kitty cat x3
>>
>>26265062
It's just one autist throwing a shit fit because the majority of people like something that he doesn't.

Some other people have came in here and stated that they don't like the starters, but they didn't feel a need to justify themselves like this retard.
>>
File: 1243453464645656.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1243453464645656.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>26265125
>Give reasons as to why your points are flawed
>"That symbol on its head that is clearly inspired by the Brimstone symbol is infact just some random lines that got added for no reason, please believe me"
>"That tail that is clearly designed to look like a fuse is not actually a fuse because if it was meant to be a fuse they would make it a literal fuse (?)"

That was the extent of your reasoning, which quite frankly is laughable. You can tell you're an actual child who grew up with gen 5 because only in that shithole of a gen would they put an actual fuse on a pokemon and call it a tail.
If only you could see how stupid you sound right now. Design subtleties are apparently lost on you, you need everything thrown in your face.

>I'm done
>Have fun being tumblr and yiffing it to your sexy kitty cat x3
>I appear to have stepped into reddit.

Ruined. lmao.
>>
>>26265049

Holy shit calm down, nobody is saying anything about it, stop being so biased, gen 5 is my fav and I'm ultra-hyped for this. And I really don't think I'm the exception.
>>
>>26260582
You must have lots of friends, anon.
>>
>>26265027
>>26264806
Okay I did not think much of Litten's design at first but you have made me a supporter.
Do the other two starters have as many nuances as Litten?
>>
>>26261461
They still exist it's just that new Pokemon are more exciting than new forms of old ones so the first big reveal we get will of course be new Pokemon.
>>
The Owl is good
The cat if fine

No one can deny the seal is shit
>>
>>26265645

Seal is goofy, but I'm willing to bet it's evolutions are the best of the gen.
>>
>>26260409

Wow, a free bait!
>>
>>26260409
>starters, legends
Opinions. I like the starters for the most part but legendaries are irredeemable pieces of shit on par with Dialga and Palkia.
>no more grid based movement
ORAS already had this?
Running in silky smooth 10 fps on reused ORAS assets
They are still visible in some cutscenes
As if the framerate couldn't go any lower
Thank god, although I hate Masuda for lying about ORAS now
>>
>>26265677
Same here. Still prefer Litten, but I think Popplio evos will be suprisingly good.
>>
>>26264185
So THAT's the path the Magnet Train takes.
>>
>>26262191
>Wrong. Only the grass owl is good. the fire cat and water seal are garbage.

I mean you're welcome to believe that but in all reality it's always depending on your opinion. I would say they are all good because they will always have people who like them. And that's really all that matters. You simply can't continuously make starters all-around likable without being more and more cliché and predictable.
>>
>>26261461
Keep it in your pants, Johnson. One reveal at a time
>>
>>26262191
I love my clown seal, wanna fight about it?
>>
>>26263959
>I'm not convinced on purchasing it unless there's a major difficulty increase

Only if there's going to be more than 1 difficulty to choose from the start.
Ultimately, they always want to cater towards the younger audience, but having a harder difficulty for the more experienced players makes sense and they know we want it.
I still play blaze black more than I do x and y due to how challenging and fun the romhack was for black
>>
>>26264334
Last gen I was complaining about fairies while my friends were eating it up and telling me to get the fuck over it.
This gen I'm just like bitch, you guys were cool with fairies. Let my nigga the clown seal make it. I'm digging these starter designs and I'm excited for the next generation of Pokémon.
Let's fucking do it
*snorts pokedust*
>>
>>26263138
>!
>...
Stop talking like a fucking autist
>>
>>26260409
Popplio is shit

Cosmic Skeleton Bat a shit. Sun Lion is cool, altough I still don't know what the fuck is up with the LED heads

Still too soon to tell, the trailer only shown some initial areas that might have some special properties like some areas in XY

So far looks better than Kalos, yes

That's good, hopefully the models won't look like shit in cutscenes like XY

It might be a rival only thing

That's amazing

Overall I'm cautiously hyped. In the end it«s still GF developing and they can easily fuck up
>>
>>26265432
>Butthurt Unovafag: the Post

Haha, fucking Unovafags. Stop being such Unovafags.
>>
>>26260409
anybody stopped to consider what this is hinting at?
>>
>>26260661
frlg had 7 islands, and a full region
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.