[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's going on with this? Initially it appeared that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: trainer.jpg (183 KB, 920x894) Image search: [Google]
trainer.jpg
183 KB, 920x894
So what's going on with this? Initially it appeared that the trainers were visible during battles as seen in the first image, but on the bottom he is nowhere to be found, even though it is presumably still the rival that you're battling as indicated by the Pokemon.

It'd be cool as fuck to have the trainers constantly on the sidelines ala Colosseum but I wonder why they seem to be missing in the bottom image.
>>
>>26260066
Only the trainers that can synchronize with their pokemon show up
>>
It's either a goof or Trainer Classes are cucked once more and will not have 3D Battle Models...

...Despite having Overworld models. Fucking hell, GF.
>>
>>26260066
>game footage not final
Maybe the bottom one is using the set up for wild encounters.
>>
File: 1442844588717.jpg (40 KB, 352x368) Image search: [Google]
1442844588717.jpg
40 KB, 352x368
Only important trainers have in-battle models
Or the bottom screenshot was set up in a wild battle
>>
Probably just important characters, like how Rivals and the Professor get animated intros, but nobody else does.
>>
Hot damn they've really stepped up battle backgrounds if those two shots are any indication
>>
No one wants Popplio. It's wild.
>>
They wanted to show a wild battle without revealing any more Pokemon.
>>
>>26260066
NO FUCKING FLOOR CIRCLES
>>
There are a few possibilities

They forced a random encounter for the video and wild pokemon battles would not need a trainer in the background.

It was from a early stage where trainers were not originally behind their pokemon.

Only the main characters (and maybe evil team) will have in battle models present the entire time.
>>
>>26260333
Maybe they appear, like in gen 5 to say something in the middle of the battle.
>>
>>26260182
>>26260237
>>26260290
>>26260296
>>26260333
Huh. Yeah, I guess it could be a wild encounter for the sake of showing one off without revealing anything. I never really considered that they would choose a starter to showcase a wild battle, but yeah, it's totally possible.

I actually was thinking the same thing too, about only important characters having in-battle models. I'm definitely thinking that's what's gonna happen but maybe we'll be surprised.

>>26260312
I'm a little bummed about the floor circles being gone to be honest family. I liked the way they appeared underneath the Pokemon when they're sent into battle, it always looked cool to me.

>>26260400
Eh, the rival(?) is standing there behind his Pokemon while the player character is attacking, so I don't think that's the case here.
>>
>>26260066
Top is N3DS, bottom is regular 3DS.

Screen cap this. You didn't hear it from me though.
>>
>>26260312
DEBUNKED
>>
>>26260066
Ugh, the environments are so ugly.
>>
>>26260581
only because the image is blown up, on the actual 3DS screen it will look good
>>
>>26260457
>I never really considered that they would choose a starter to showcase a wild battle
ever considered that they don't want to show off any new mon?
>>
>>26260642
That's what my post was saying. I didn't assume that the bottom image could be taken from a wild battle.
>>
>>26260531
Fuck I'm gonna be mad as hell, especially when the N3DS feature should be a framerate that doesn't make you want to kill yourself.
>>
>>26260531
How are they even doing stuff like this? Does the N3DS return some kind of system info every time the game is turned on and so the game says "oh it is N3DS enable hidden features" ?
>>
>>26261257
Yes, it is not difficult. Data is on all carts and only accessible through N3DS
>>
>>26261257
Doesn't sound like it would be that complicated, I mean, the N3ds is essentially equivalent to something like a ps3 being compatible with ps2 games, its a new console, but works with old games, so I'm sure that actively making a game to act slightly different on a different console wont be too difficult.
>>
>>26260066
>thinking this will be for anything but Rivals and Leaders

Fucking idiots, not paying attention as usual.
>>
>>26261404
The S/M image has the trainer standing there in the middle of an attack, retard
>>
>>26261404
Also, it's probably for the Mega evolution animation.

Keep in mind, XY and ORAS slowdown because of too many polygons on screen. Triple battles with Moltres of Hoopa Unbound are a fucking mess. Adding in a trainer to every fight would only be a detriment, on the 3DS hardware.
>>
>>26261425
I never said it was to emulate the 'pop in' like BW had.

I'm saying, just like BW had the in-battle dialogue from certain trainers, SM will only have a select few trainers appear in the battles, which will assuredly be 1 on 1 battles, probably with no 3D
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.