[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What typings will the Legendaries get?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Ho-Oh and Lugia.png (500 KB, 930x360) Image search: [Google]
Ho-Oh and Lugia.png
500 KB, 930x360
What typings will the Legendaries get?
>>
>>26256976
>>
>>26258979
Definitely Fire for Solgaleo, who knows if it could have a secondary typing though. As for Lunaala it could be a number of ones really, Dark/Fairy, Dark/Ghost, Dark/Flying (hopefully not since we just got Yveltal), Poison/Fairy, another Poison/Flying, Poison/Dark, Poison/Ghost, Ghost/Flying, Ghost Fairy, etc.

But forget typing I'm more curious in what they could represent (besides the obvious sun and moon). We've had resurrection and storms/purification? (Ho-oh and Lugia), land, sea, and sky (Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza), time, space, and anti-matter (Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina), truth, ideals, and emptiness? (Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem), and finally life, death, and order (Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde). So what else besides sun and moon could these two represent? If it weren't for Zygarde already taking the theme I would have loved for these two to represent order (Solgaleo) and chaos (Lunaala).
>>
>>26259195
Bat is definitely a dreamcatcher, so waking and sleep/dreaming? Fuck I dunno.
>>
Fire/Electric
Fairy/Ghost

3rd Legendary will be Psychic/Dark
>>
>>26259246
Reality vs Dreams?
>>
>>26259249
Love those ideas. Although I wish that the Moon Legendary had an Ice type.
>>
I bet lunaala (or whatever) will be ghost/flying basically just cuz it looks like a skeleton bat monster.

Solgaleo, I dunno, probably fire. Itd be cool, kinda like ho oh and lugia where neither has a clear advantage over the other

I think probably they'll just represent night and day as well.
>>
>>26259195
They could represent... I dunno, light and dark? Not in a figurative way, but the former actually representing a light source and the latter representing the lack thereof. I could lead into themes of hope and despair.
>>
Dark/Fairy and Fire would be a good guess.
>>
>>26259195

Sun and moon
>>
>>26259195
This Anon again, I actually started to look up some things that the sun and moon symbolize and a lot of it actually brings up the "third eye" which reminded me that the symbols on Solgaleo and Lunaala's foreheads do actually look like a third eye opening up.

"The "third eye" is referred to as the spiritual eye, the intuitive eye, or the eye of the soul. It is associated with the brow chakra (or Ajna chakra) which facilitates intuition and extra sensory perception. The third eye is depicted on the forehead of Shiva, and is symbolic of the inner eye that sees all things within a cosmic perspective."

"In Dreaming the meaning of eyes indicates an opening into a new dimension. This is symbolic of your vision clearing and focusing in on a new direction. It may also indicate your ability to see past what is common and spiritually arrive to the point where your inner vision perceives all things in their divine glory - even the simplest of things become imbued with an exquisite quality inherent in all nature."

"Many ancient esoteric as well as earth-based philosophies consider the eye as a channel or a passageway into a new dimension. Here the eye is not a physical symbol but rather a ethereal one in which consciousness may enter into a gateway of infinite expanse. This journey is traversed through the pitch-black channel of being-ness (represented by the black of the pupil). Once the threshold is crossed, one is said to obtain higher knowledge - a glimpse of heightened epiphany - comparable to enlightenment."

All three of these paragraphs talk about intuition and perception, the moon symbolizing intuitive thought and the sun symbolizing perceptive thought. So maybe Solgaleo represents perception or conscious thought and Lunaala intuition or subconscious thought?
>>
"Boxed" type pokemon.
>>
>>26259831
Anon you gotta remember this is a game for kids

The closest to this kind of deep philosophy they ever got was truth and ideals in gen 5, and those are pretty easy concepts in the big scheme of things

More likely they will represent something simpler like dreams and wakefulness, which is probably the best way to go about it considering it fits perfectly with the setting
>>
>>26258979
LIGHT TYPE INCOMING
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.