[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did the owlposters win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 922x493) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 922x493
So did the owlposters win?
>>
No

The fakemon artist got lucky with it being an owl and the color scheme but that's literally it. We knew it was probably going to be an owl since people became aware of the trademarks.

The owlfag probably saw the trademarks and revved up his shitposting to 11 because he happened to get the animal right.
>>
>>26258704
The roothootfags btfo, but the owlfags won. Yes and no.
>>
Nope, no one did.
>>
>>26258704
An owl starter has always been a meme since before SM, its just a coincidence that it finally happened the year roothootfags started shitposting
>>
>>26258732
>>26258753
The roothootfags lost, it wasn't the shitty artwork, but the owlfags, people who simply said it'd be an owl, won.
>>
>>26258704
The idea that there was going to be an owl starter was in the air since the leaked trademarks, but the design that was spammed across the board for weeks was soundly squashed by Rowlet.
>>
>>26258797
>this sudden distinction as of today
I'm not really sure what I expected.
>>
>>26258704
Technically they won, but also they lost by about 99%. This does make me wonder though who actually drew those three in the first place.
>>
>>26258804
>The idea that there was going to be an owl starter was in the air since the leaked trademarks, but the design that was spammed across the board for weeks was soundly squashed by Rowlet.
Owl and friends leaked about two months before the trademarks did, everyone deemed them fake though after they initially appeared on here and they just stopped being relevant for a while until they started being spammed.
>>
>>26258797
no, owlfags were roothootfags, don't distinguish them.

Literally everyone knew the grass starter was gonna be an owl, from the japanese trade-marks.

That alone became the only reason was why roothoot became the most popular fake leak. Since it was coincidentally, an owl.
>>
>>26258704
Bottom line is that the owl was a fake. So no, they did not.
>>
What can we take from the word roothoot?
Grass type. Green.
Owl. Owl colored.
They have won nothing.
>>
>>26260170
In short, those were the ONLY things they got right and it was based on the simple expectations we all had.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.