[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gen 7 starter rankings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: starters.jpg (430 KB, 1511x1032) Image search: [Google]
starters.jpg
430 KB, 1511x1032
Congrats to Team Froakie for winning gen 6.

Who will win gen 7? start your engines.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10180618
>>
File: 1462883726076.png (106 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
1462883726076.png
106 KB, 780x780
Thank FUCK the grass one is the meme choice.
>>
>>26255832
>meme choice
What does that mean

People like it because it's cuter and looks better not because of a meme
>>
Too early to tell. I'll need to know what the final forms are. Although, I think I'll avoid the water one since it'll probably look like a clown and those are scary.
>>
File: Smug Pippilo.png (104 KB, 180x261) Image search: [Google]
Smug Pippilo.png
104 KB, 180x261
>>26255794
Why don't people like smuglio? I mean, they are all great but why no love for the GOAT of water starters?
>>
>>26255794
Do I have to choose?
>>
File: 4zuuk7.jpg (61 KB, 689x352) Image search: [Google]
4zuuk7.jpg
61 KB, 689x352
>>26255935
>>26255794
>that shit cat in any position above third place
>>
>>26255832

Why are fire types furbait now?
>>
>>26255935
It looks kind of stupid
>>
>>26256058
In a lovable sort of way, yes, did you see the official art with it though and the water ball tricks it does?
>>
File: 1462848319007.gif (266 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1462848319007.gif
266 KB, 400x240
>>26255832
>cat
>literally the memest of animals
>not the meme choice
>>
Overall it seems like a losing battle to bet against water starters. If it isn't the pokemon's stats and movepool then the type itself being one of the best in the game picks up the slack.

Exceptions to this are way too rare - the only grass or fire one who was actually better than his water type counterpart *in his same actual generation* was Infernape. Venusaur didn't win best RBY starter until psychic domination died, Charizard didn't overtake both until megas, and Blaziken didn't win best RSE until hidden abilities.
>>
>>26256104
Yeah. Maybe the evo will be better, but right now it looks too goofy to me.
>>
>>26255794
Owl is first because it's adorable.
Seal is second because it has a few design flaws. Despite this, it pulls of its theme perfectly.
Cat is literally my mom's cat with a tattoo.
>>
>>26256000
They have done a perfect analysis of people who love fire types being exactly the same teenagers and manchildren that like furries.
>>
>>26256244
The game takes place on one or more islands, there are bound to be enough water types in the game.
>>
>>26255832
>says the one picking the furbait choice
>>
>>26255794
#TeamRowlet

My nigga got a bow tie looking fresh as fuck
>>
>>26256301
I'd like to see that analysis, I always thought it was cause most fire starters become very furbait-ey animals (A muscular chicken-man, a big dragon, a almost anthropomorphysed fox lady and a fighting chimp)
>>
>>26255832
Cats are -the- meme animal. They're the whole reason normies know what memes are.
>>
>>26255794
>Grass winning

I'm glad people have working eyes around here
>>
Based Rowlet
>>
>>26255832
>Cute grass bird
>Meme choice

That's kinda ironic since there are people making the LITten joke all across the internet.
>>
My favorite to least favorite
1) Rowlet
2) Popplio
3) Litten
>>
I miss reptile starters
>>
>>26255794
I fucking love all of them and I wish I could say I like Popplio best, but Litten is just so chill
>>
>>26257169
I do too, why did GF break the chain they had so far with the grass types and give us this winged monstrosity
>>
>>26255935

Too smug for me. I like my pokes humble.

Kinda the same reason I didn't like Smugleaf.

Owl seems okay, he's just a adorable ball of fluff. Litten, I actually thought he'd be the smug one, but he actually seems like a okay poke with the kind of personality they gave him. He's logical, but still passionate and just mostly seems like a poke that does shit his own way, but doesn't force his shitty way down everyone's throat. May look emo when it's not really the case.
>>
>>26257261
are you ignoring Chespin here?
>>
>>26255832
I rather pick the meme choice than the 100% guaranteed waifu/furrbait choice
>>
>>26257279
>Calling out poke-personalities with less than 5 minutes worth of information to back it up

Sounds like you are inserting some OCs into these guys, or at least overthinking it.
>>
>>26257169
No.

And if anything we need a bug and a fish rep. We have enough reptiles for a lifetime.
>>
>>26257287
Chespin seemed like an odd thing, but could've been seen as a nut, and I could've made the stretch of saying it was a "prehistoric plant, or oddly shaped dinosaur/overgrown mammal", after all sceptile is a very odd-looking raptor, but this owl is obviously out of that category, unless its final evos are some wicked giant prehistoric bird like archeops
>>
File: 0843.gif (494 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
0843.gif
494 KB, 500x384
>>26255794
I think that all three look pretty good, but I personally prefer Rowlet because Grass/Flying type is mah shit m8

>mfw Popplio becomes part Ice type[/
>>
>>26257336

Not really OCs, just what I thought most from their animations. That Litten bit isn't exactly off either since the logical and passionate bit is indeed in the actual website.

Not all starters would act on set personalities, but SOME traits are defined into their species and what they would usually be like. Not impossible for pokes to strand off from typical traits though.

ppftah, I'm making it sound like I'm getting a poke in real life when that's not really the case. But yeah, I shouldn't be thinking too much into it, but let's just say Popplio doesn't strike my fancy either. Maybe I'll get fond of him as time goes.

Heck, we don't even know about their final evolutions.

tl;dr Never mind my senseless rambling, I just really like them Pokemons.
>>
>>26257763
you're cute, anon
>>
They're all shit, but if I had to buy a 3ds and this game than owl I guess
>>
>>26255794
Water friends on suicide watch
>>
In my opinion
1 Rowlet
2 pippilo
3 litten
>>
Fire starter is the only one that looks cool, lets be honest.

Hopefully it doesn't turn into a shitty bipedal cock tease like, ehem, that one time...
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.