[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the globe in the background shows the real world What does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: Screenshot_20160510-125830~2.png (559 KB, 1017x680) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160510-125830~2.png
559 KB, 1017x680
>the globe in the background shows the real world
What does it mean?
>>
File: Freedom.png (124 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
Freedom.png
124 KB, 500x513
It means that the place that the early games called "America" is a constant across all universes, real and fictional.
>>
It means that the Pokemon world is based on the real world like we've always known because regions are based on real life locations.
>>
Means the fucker can't afford internet to have Google Maps.
>>
>>26249881
The Pokemon world is a parallel Earth. Duh.
>>
>>26249881
Gen 8 is in Africa
>>
I wonder where Orre is supposed to be then.
>>
>>26250083
Arizona. This has been stated before.
>>
>>26249881
Pokemon were animals that were infected with an alien virus named pokerus
>>
Coincidental blue and green ball that doesn't connote a planet.
>>
>>26250435
I don't think you know what connote means.
>>
Means the Pokemon world is our world but slightly misshapened.
>>
WE
>>
>>26250709
WUZ
>>
Didn't have a fucking world map already in platinum or hgss or BW or something to indicate your location for people you trade with?why the fuck is this such a fucking big deal that I've seen at least 2 threads about it.
>>
WE WUZ TRAINERS AND SHIEET
>>
File: Pokémon_World_is_Earth.png (470 KB, 860x1323) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_World_is_Earth.png
470 KB, 860x1323
>>26249881
Pokémon World is Earth with extra regions.
>>
File: Extraterritorial origin-1.jpg (233 KB, 528x1763) Image search: [Google]
Extraterritorial origin-1.jpg
233 KB, 528x1763
>>26250261
Pokémon are Space Aliens and Monsters.

not Animals.
>>
File: 1460820608505.jpg (116 KB, 736x568) Image search: [Google]
1460820608505.jpg
116 KB, 736x568
>>26249881

The way I see it, the Pokemon world is our world, only animals are replaced with Pokemon. France exists, Spain exists. Even America.

But the ''regions'' in which the games are based, are separate islands which are primarily located with Pokemon trainers, or just people who're made about Pokemon in general. Pokemon Centers everywhere, trainers on every route. Not to mention the fact that routes are fucking NUMBERED, and littered with ''Trainer Tips!" signs. Everything's simple, everything's laid out. The ''regions'' are DESIGNED for trainers. Of course, they're real places where people can live, but the culture in the regions has evolved around catching, training and befriending Pokemon. That's what makes them different, and that's why characters have Spanish, French and whatever accents. Kalos was most likely settled by French, while Unova was founded by American settlers.

Of course, that's just a theory.

A GAYme theory
>>
>>26250948

*or just people who are MAD about Pokemon in general

Not sure how I fucked that one up so badly.
>>
>>26250948
Mate, that's not a theory. That's a headcanon.
They're not the same thing.
>>
>>26250990
All theory are headcanon but not all headcanon are theory.
>>
>>26251043
>All theory are headcanon
False
>>
>>26251107
A theory is
>something that you believe with supporting evidence from the source material without it being confirmed
A headcanon is
>literally anything you can think of or believe about a source material, sensical or otherwise
So all theory are headcanon, not all headcanon are theory.
>>
IT MEANS POKEMON IS REAL THANKS BASED GF
>>
>>26249881
>>26250948
To go along with this, there are settled and developed real world places where people can live. I see Regions/Battle Frontiers are exploratory yet developed frontiers.

They have enough development to allow for normal life yet not so much that it's affecting native Pokemon and habitats.
>>
>>26249881
duh

what is GO
>>
>>26251165
But you could very well formulate a theory while keeping in mind you may be wrong, in such a way that you don't "believe" your own theory as much as you simply think it would be neat if it turned out to be true.

Yes this is mostly arguing semantics. Otherwise I basically agree with you.
>>
>>26249881
someone over at GameFreak is getting fired
>>
>>26249881
>What does it mean?

Your appointment to FEMA should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the senator.
>>
>>26251501
I take it he was agreeable?
>>
>>26251539
Oh yes.
>>
There are many references to real world countries in the Games
>>
>>26249987
>not having your own globe and a map for when you travel
>being so dependant on technology
any of this 2 makes you a faggot
>>
File: pokemon 2.png (293 KB, 650x340) Image search: [Google]
pokemon 2.png
293 KB, 650x340
I was about to create a new thread about it since this have no fucking sense. The Pokemon World it´s a different planet thought it was inspired by earth.
>>
The Pokemon world is a New Earth planet in habited by a set of its own human phenotypes that was settled on by humans of our earth of the future. Of course the humans of our earth made the mistake of bringing animals over to that world. Animals of Old Earth began to mate with some of the local fauna, creating odd hybrids. If that's not bad enough, viruses unique to that planet began to alter their DNA, causing weird mutations. It got out of control to the point the planet was all but completely destroyed.

However life can rebuild and find a way to adapt. Soon the surviving natives and the colonists banded together and began to influence their own culture upon the world. Many colonists from Europe took to a land called "Kalos." The United States colonists staked their claim on "Alola" and "Unova," Japan reluctantly shared territory with some of East Asia for the lands of "Kanto", "Hoenn", "Sinnoh" and "Johto." Regions are decided between the colonists and natives by vote to rename the territory to suit their old cultures which can take decades or even centuries before a consensus can be decided. As such, the names are given placeholders such "South America" or "India" before the new name reflects the culture of either.

As such, there lies a treaty that keeps their native creatures, or Pokemon from participating in the league UNLESS those creatures are common in other lands as well but the study does not prevent Professors, whom have extralegal rights, from studying them.
>>
>>26250842
but can mew learn crabhammer?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.