[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today this was confirmed, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: canon.png (61 KB, 1427x628) Image search: [Google]
canon.png
61 KB, 1427x628
Today this was confirmed, right?
>>
kalos is just north france.
>>
>>26240336
West Orre is SoCal
East Orre is West Arizona
>>
>>26240336

Yes, Alola is indisputably confirmed as Hawaii.
>>
>>26240336
This shows just how many generations we could have if they plan on making regions based on every country, or at least major ones.
>>
>>26240578
thousands of gens?
>>
>>26240336
It's Almia, not Alma
Kalos is just northern France, and might include Luxembourg and Wallonia (Southern Belgium)
Also the Channel Islands.
Alola hasn't been confirmed to be more than Oahu.
Tiksi Branch is just called Tiksi. If you include Tiksi, you might want to include Guyana too.
Lastly, Sakhalin (That Russian island above Japan) is the Battle Zone, which may or may not be part of Sinnoh.
>>
>>26240336
>>26240641
Forgot to add, the Sevii Islands are the Izu & Bonin Islands.
>>
>>26240694
Sevii is part of Kanto

>Alola hasn't been confirmed to be more than Oahu.
being this retarded
>>
You know this means even more time spent surfing than Hoenn. Look at all that fucking water.
>>
>>26240807
I mean, sure it's likely. But definitely not confirmed.
For all we know, Alola is just the name of PokéOahu.
>>
>>26240807
It hasn't, though.
>>
>>26241211
Maybe itll be like Sevii Islands. A boat takes us to knew islands then we can fly between them
>>
>>26241211

Yeah, but ORAS fixed a lot of the problems with Hoenn's water, with flying to routes, a live map showing your location on the route, and faster surfing on certain Pokemon. As long as they kept those around, it wouldn't be so bad.
>>
the Ranger series don't follow the same canon
>>
I thought it was
Kanto > Northern Japan
Johto > Southern Japan
Hoenn > Philippine
Sinnoh > The Netherlands/Swiss
Unova > America
Kalos > France/Europe
and now ...
Alola > Hawaii

Going to be a lot of Samoans!
>>
>>26240336
What the actual fuck is the "Tiksi Branch"?
>>
>>26241462
Isn't Sinnoh mentioned in Shadows of Almia?
>>
>>26241265
In the trailer, there's a line of text where someone welcomes you to the Alola REGION.
>>
>>26241476
>Hoenn > Philippine
>Sinnoh > The Netherlands/Swiss
being this fucking dumb
>>
>>26241462
The Ranger series directly acknowledges the main regions and lets you trade Pokémon over to DPPt/HGSS. I'd say that's enough to make them canon.
>>
>>26241507
Not as dumb as your mom!
>>
>>26241485

>In the Generation I games and Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, Scientist Taylor in the Silph Co. building mentions an international branch of Silph Co. In English, he states that the Tiksi branch of the company is "in Russian no-man's-land". In the Japanese version, he states that the Ponaya Tunguska (Japanese: ポナヤツングスカ) branch is located "deep in Russia". Ponaya Tunguska appears to be a shortened form of the transliterated name of Podkamennaya Tunguska in Japanese (ポドカメンナヤツングースカ).
>>
>>26241573
BTFO
>>
>>26241476
>Sinnoh > The Netherlands
I could see it, especially Pastoria and Sunyshore, but that big mountain throws a huge wrench in that idea.
Iccirus and Striaton reminded me more of the Netherlands.
>>
>>26240641
>Alola hasn't been confirmed to be more than Oahu.
The single island they showed is not enough for a whole region. It's more than Oahu.
>>
>>26241476
>Unova > America

Not all of America. Just New York City and immediate surroundings.
>>
>>26240336

Guyana is Faraway Island?
>>
>>26241639
Sinnoh is literally shaped like the northern Japan island. It's nothing like the Netherlands at all.
>>
>>26241674
Didn't gen 1 say they found Mew in Guyana? Though that might've been the movie.
>>
>>26241674

Guyana is close https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guyana

>>26241713

>Guyana is the location of the jungle where, according to the Pokémon Mansion journals, Mew was discovered. Faraway Island may be part of Guyana.

someone update the map
>>
>>26240641
Japanese site says it's based on Hawaii, not just Oahu. Remember Hawaii is made up of several islands.
>>
>>26241784
>Hawaii is made up of several islands.

More like hundreds.
>>
>>26241476
Dude, you're retarded.
>>
>>26241682
Obviously. I was more referring to the general feel of the cities, and saying that while I could see some having Dutch inspiration (which they likely don't), Iccirus and Striaton look more like that. It might even make a little sense for Unova since both New York and New Jersey were part of New Netherland.
>>
>>26241784
>Japanese site says it's based on Hawaii
Thanks.
Of course I know that Hawaii is made up of about 8 main islands and about a hundred lesser islets, but for all I knew Alola was just Oahu and the different islands would be considered different regions.
>>
>>26240336
So how long till bong lands?
>>
File: Espurr.gif (117 KB, 350x228) Image search: [Google]
Espurr.gif
117 KB, 350x228
>>26241423
oh shit faster surfing? I didn't get the new ruby/saphire and only had those memories from my original game. Just trumpets, and tentacool, everywhere.
oh god what if they do australia next, pls no, not the didgeridoos.
>>
>>26242125

Yeah, ORAS seriously improved those giant surfing routes. You can now fly to the start of any route you've been to (not just towns), there's a map on the lower screen that shows exactly where on the route you are, and there are differences in surfing between Pokemon. For example, Sharpedo surfs much faster than others. If they kept all of those changes in S&M, surfing would be relatively painless.
>>
File: map without borders.png (187 KB, 1800x836) Image search: [Google]
map without borders.png
187 KB, 1800x836
>>
>>26240336
Is Alola an apology for Pearl Harbor?
>>
>>26242282

you forgot guyana again >>26241752
>>
>>26242416
Faraway Island IS Guyana
>>
>>26242545

Why don't you name that green dot "Guyana" instead of "Faraway Island"? Faraway Island is part of Guyana and not the other way around, and Guyana is mentioned in the RGBY/FRLG games. Faraway isn't even the island name, it's just referring to it's location.
>>
>>26242303
no, japs just love hawaii for some fucking reason. they don't give a fuck about your pearl harbor, alamo or 911
>>
>>26242890
Japanese Ancestry is the highest ethnic group in Hawaii. It is one of 4 states with a non-white majority in the US, the others being New Mexico, California, and Texas.
>>
>>26241573
Oh HO looks like we have a badass 12 year old here.
>>
>>26243026
Not american myself but isn't Alaska included?
>>
>>26240807
Sevii Islands are a different region
>>
>>26242223
>>26241423

Also the chances of encountering sea pokemon are much lower you'd have to practically spin around in a dozen circles before finding one. Chances are high that you could clear a sea route without so much as a wild tentacool or pelliper getting in the way.
>>
>>26242745
Because you can visit Faraway Island and not Guyana.
Now stop your autism
>>
>>26240336

>Where's muh Guyana, Ferrum and Rhyme city?
>>
>>26240641
>Also the Channel Islands.
Proof?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.