[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how's do you guys rate Generation 7 right now? Hopes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 640x940) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 640x940
So how's do you guys rate Generation 7 right now? Hopes? Expectations? Nightmares?
I personally really like all these designs especially the starters, they're all pretty nice and I see them evolving into some crazy type of stuff later on, The box legends are cool too, though the Sun mascot looks a lot like Pyroar/Entei
>>
I oove ALL designs. Ganefreak always keep the level.
This 7 gen will be amazing.
Starters 8/10
Legendaries 9/10
Hype 11/10
>>
>>26234959
Par for the course, I don't like all the designs, but they are at least solid designs for the most part. I love Litten and I will probably be playing this gen. Hoping for at least 100 new Pokemon this go around, though.
>>
Really loving the designs and really simplistic.
>>
>>26234959
Really disappointed, everything is trash.
>>
i really hope it head into the direction sinnoh did. Where all the pokemon are cute and shit but evolve to mega badasses(shinx,starly,starters etc.) Would hate if they remain "cute" like x and y did it
>>
>>26234959
Magearna is trash. Fuck that metal waifu thing

Starters are meh. Litten is probably the best of the bunch. Water one looks stupid with the clown nose and the neck frill. Real owl is ok

Woodpecker is a qt

Legendaries are very very digimon-esque. But Solgaleo is cool
>>
>>26234959
>there are only 3 or 4 new Pokemon incoming
Third legendary and the trio and that's our gen 7 set
>>
>those legendaries
Yikes
Still hype as fuck
>>
>>26234959

if they weren't on the official boxarts i would have thought the legendaries were fake, especialy the moon one who has nothing "monstrous" about it and just looks like a moon themed vampire
>>
Litten doesn't even look like a fucking pokemon
>>
>>26234959
2/10. I only like the trailer bird. Legends are retarded and im neutral on the starters
>>
>>26235914
>>26235914
the colors were a weird choice. I was gonna pick him because I rarley choose a fire starter, but fuck, that owl is tempting...
>>
>>26236142
I hope its shiny is yellow. I'll SR for that thing for a weeks if so.
>>
Cautiously optimistic. So far everything seems good but then they're probably going to start revealing chair Pokemon and shit.
>>
Loving it. I'm hoping it ends up being a beautiful region, which it looks like it will. Super pumped for Hawaii-themed Pokémon (tikimon please).

A little disappointed with the sun legendary. Moon bat is much nicer IMO. I'll probably switch from a glorious sun patrician to a moonfag
>>
>>26235059
Starters are fine, content with all of them so far. Moon legendary looks fucking bizarre and I don't really care for Magearna's design, I hope it's not the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/etc of Gen 7
>>
Sun legend looks like a feral leomon, and I don't even know what the fuck I'm looking at with the moon legend. The real owl looks adorable as fuck though.
>>
>>26234959
Magearna is the only one I'm not keen on.Starters are great with the order being cat>seal>owl,sun legendary could use less white but it still is very,very cool while moon is extremely unique and good looking and it's making the version choice tougher than I expected. Bird will probably end up being cool looking,overall very excited.
>>
>>26234959
Nightmares? Two word.

Fire/Fighting
>>
legendaries and the retard seal are digimon, the cat belongs in yokai watch and the owl is a whole new breed of retardation.

I like the woodpecker though.
>>
Starters 8/10
Legendaries 6/10
Region 9/10
Protags 9/10

So yeah p. hype
>>
>>26234959
>Gen 7 meme
It's 6.5 you autist
>>
>>26234959
Designs are meh so far.
>>
>>26234959
Rowlet looks nice but it sure as hell doesn't look like a grass starter
Litten has a cool design but it doesn't look like a Pokemon at all
Popplio is just plain ugly
>>
I love it. It's different compared to other gens
>>
>>26235258
>Fuck that metal waifu thing
I wish I could, anon.
>>
>>26238725
>It's different compared to other gens
How? It's still fire, water, grass starters and 2 versions each with a respective legendary. Oh and an obligatory low level early bird to evolve and teach fly.
>>
>>26234959
The new bird is absolutely adorable. 10/10
The owl is cute too, but only 7/10
The cat is awesome, if it can muster other facial expressions it's a definite 9/10
The seal is like some sort of mix between über cute and really, really cringy. 6/10 I guess?
Magearna doesn't fit in with literally ANYTHING shown so far, and it's design is overcomplicated. 3/10
Solgaleo is "okay", I guess. I saw the white coming, but it's a bit too much. Also not liking the shitload of details. 5/10
Lunaala is fucking hideous. Nothing more to say. Everything is wrong with it except the face. 1/10
>>
>>26234959
5/10 starters
2/10 legendaries
the woodpecker is not real art so im not rating it yet

>hopes
none left after today
>>
>>26234959
I just hope Gen VII doesn't end up feeling empty and unfinished like Gen VI.
>>
I'm not the only one who thinks that the mascot legendaries look like they have a shiny pallette, right?
>>
>>26238850
What makes you think gen 6 was unfinished? Just because we didn't get the third game?
>>
I just want the region itself to not be shit to explore.
>>
>>26234959
What is that woodpecker thing and when was it confirmed?
>>
>>26234959
I can totally see Solgaleo becoming one of my favourite mons, I like lions but pyroar is ugly and Entei does not totally look like one, but at least had a nice design which is what pyroar lacks.
This leon finally delivers an amazing design and, I hope, some good fucking stats and moves because fuck you gamefreak why does entei have to cope with such stupid stats and attacks? Not giving him earthquake? What were they thinking???
>>
>>26238659
Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8
>>
>>26238886
After Unova and Kalos? No chance in hell. Enjoy your new shitty railroaded gen.
>>
>>26238970
The Sun and Moon reveal trailer had an incomplete wireframe model of the regional bird, that's just speculative fanart.
>>
File: DAT MEAT.jpg (12 KB, 258x201) Image search: [Google]
DAT MEAT.jpg
12 KB, 258x201
I want to fuck that bat.
>>
>>26238813
I think your mom's calling you for dinner.
>>
File: 1456244721957.jpg (45 KB, 654x720) Image search: [Google]
1456244721957.jpg
45 KB, 654x720
>starters
Loved them, especially the cute little owl.
>this bird down left
Looks very unappealing. Fletching 2.0?
>this one down right
Mecha Diancie? I didn't like it.
>moon legendary
Looks like an angel from Evangelion. I didn't like it either.
>sun legendary
Looks kinda cool, but unoriginal. Entei 2.0?
>>
>>26239016
Unova was fun to explore.
>>
>>26234959
starters 10/10, they're all adorable
legendaries 9/10, I warmed up to Lunaala once I got a good look at it
protags 7/10 but will be 9/10 with customization
region 10/10, looks small from what we've seen but it's beautiful
>>
>>26234959
Eh starters, I think this is the first gen where I don't care too much for any of them
Cool legendaries
Cute protags

So, I'm moderately hype. Guess it depends on the routemons they reveal.
>>
>>26235222
Greninja and Smogonbird became badass though
>>
Looks like they're learning and improving on the mistakes they made in Gen 6 so that's good. None of the starters jump out at me as super appealing but also none of them are particularly terrible either. Both protag designs are top notch except for the girl's stupid hat, guy is the best male protag since Hilbert.

Now I just need my Dark Gym and my Dolphin Pokemon and it'll be 11/10.
>>
>>26234959
hopes:
>a cool water/steel/grass/NORMAL/ghost/fighting legendary
>more than 60 new pokemon

nightmares:
>that lion box legendary being fucking fire type. we have enough fire type legendary's
>that water type starter looking that retarded through final evo
>another shit champion
>fire/fighting final evo for Litten
>>
>>26234959
This is the first Generation I am pleased by the start since Gen 3. The others always had something that really bothered me. Now its just a little with that water starter. The rest is bretty gud.
>>
>>26239112
there was nothing to explore in unova, it was as linear as it gets
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (59 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
59 KB, 320x320
>>26234959
the lion is literally a digimon and looks like pic related + a lion.
The others are ok so far
>>
>>26237313
The gear around it's head has 7 teeth so it most likely is the mythical/cute legendary of that region.
>inb4 (Name here)fag
>>
>>26234959
>Generation 7
>>
>>26239306
Not seeing how those are mutually exclusive.
It is also wrong.
>>
While I'm not too thrilled with the other two, the little owl starter is flippin adorable. I don't know what I'll do if one of the others has a better final evo.
The region itself looks gorgeous and I'm psyched about customization returning. I'm pretty excited.
>>
Litten = Rowlet > Lunalaa > Bird > Solgaleo > Popplio >>>> Magearna
>>
>>26239324
I was expecting you to compare it to SaberLeomon or Firamon
>>
It's nice to have a flying starter now that you can fly. No need to look for extra flying pokemon now.
They tend to be bad in-game.
>>
Some of the best starters I've seen as a whole.
Cool legendaries.
Cute bird.
Magearna is nice.

Gonna be a nice game
>>
>>26239444
shit is literally a white saberleomon hahah what the fuck
i knew it remember me something
>>
>>26234959
It all looks pretty good in my opinion.

The water starter looks a bit goofy and I'm probably gonna take the fire starter out of habit, but the grass starter looks cool and better than the shitty leaked owl

Sun legendary might have sealed my choice in what game i'm getting cause it looks fucking badass. The Moon legendary looks pretty bizarre but still awesome.
>>
>>26234959
Rowlet, Litten, Solgaleo and the woodpecker are all great.
Lunaala and Magearna are odd, but will probably grow on me.
I don't like Poppleo, but its evolutions might redeem it.

Overall solid start.
>>
>>26239507
more like a white kaiserleomon if you ask me
>>
>>26235059
I'll agree with you that they've been consistently shit since half of G3. what's the point of still calling it Pokémon if it barely resembles the first two gens?

the worst part is that I hate tropical settings. if the gameplay is as barebones as X/Y I'll gladly skip it.

3DS has been hell for the franchise.
>>
>>26239644
>>26239507
Definitely a quadrupedal cat digimon then
>>
>>26235258
>Litten
>Better than Rowlett or Popplio

>Autismo the cat
>Better than a smug circus sea lion or cute grass owl
>>
>>26234959
>Rowlet
Absolutely kawaii as hell, 10/10. Has the potential to become my favorite starter along with Empoleon.

>Litten
Kind of weird color scheme since the previous Fire-starters are primarily yellow or orange while this thing is black. However, I still like it and I'm expecting it to be Fire/Dark which is a cool typing, 8/10.

>Popplio
I'm not a huge fan of any of the first stage Water-starters and this one is not an exception. It looks a bit too goofy but nothing too bad, 6/10.

>Woodpecker
Not the official design, but that one looks great. Solid 9/10.

>Magearna
Don't really like the design and I don't even care about the entire Pokemon since it's mythical so I can't use it in Battle Spot or battle facilities. Doomed to be fap material for waifufags, 2/10.

>Solgaleo
Good design, but I feel like it's a bit too similar to Pyroar and Entei. Nevertheless, it's not overdesigned like the Gen IV legendaries or bland as fuck like the Gen V legendaries. Gonna give this one a 7/10.

>Lunaala
Fucking terrifying. Seriously, that thing looks evil and scary as hell, like some possessed demon vampire thing. I can't wait for it to be broken and destroy Ubers. Definitely like this guy, spooky/10.
>>
>>26234959
starters 7/10
Legendaries 10/10, especially solgaleo. Majestic as fuck.

Looking very forward to November after what's been revealed so far. The overworld looks great, and happy that they steered further from the chibi look. The protags are qts,and the professor is a baralover's wet dream.
>>
>>26234959
What if the Metal thing is a alt evolution for the Klink family
>>
>>26239797
>Kind of weird color scheme since the previous Fire-starters are primarily yellow or orange while this thing is black.
That's my favourite thing about Litten. I find it kind of tiring that starters seemingly NEED to be the same basic colours. Like, does Popplio need to be so blue? They don't need to align so much with the type stereotypes.
>>
>>26234959
is that regional bird confirmed?
>>
>>26239797
>I'm not a huge fan of any of the first stage Water-starters

Were you abused as a child? Who hurt you?
>>
>>26239889
>Who hurt you?
The Water-starters by having shitty designs.
>>
File: dolphin-03.jpg (315 KB, 2048x1340) Image search: [Google]
dolphin-03.jpg
315 KB, 2048x1340
My Hope rhymes with Rape
>>
This is the worst starter gen ever on first appearances alone. They better have god like evolutions
>>
>>26238792

>How is this Pokemon game different to other Pokemon games, they both have Pokemon.

are you retarded
>>
>>26239306
>>26239372
They aren't mutually exclusive. You can have a lot to explore in a linear story path, just look at LoZ or any JRPG ever. Not everything has to be open-world for it to have good exploration.
>>
>>26234959
starters 8/10
regional bird 9/10
Legendaries 2/10
Region 11/10
Overall pretty hyped
>>
>>26239854
because that would be stupid as fuck
>>
>>26240450
Exactly, it's the same shit so it doesn't make sense he's saying it feels different, that's just his blind optimism.
>>
>>26240674
>2/10 legendaries

Shit tastes, need I say more
>>
>>26240942
You were going to say, "need I say more likely"
>>
File: really.jpg (19 KB, 350x251) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
19 KB, 350x251
>>26240827
He's talking about the Pokemon designs we've seen, which are rather unique. No shit this game is gonna be conceptually similar to previous iterations, it's a fucking motif for the series.
>>
File: 1382526760205.png (253 KB, 329x305) Image search: [Google]
1382526760205.png
253 KB, 329x305
My biggest fear is that like 50% of the Dex winds up being part Water due to the region being a chain of islands.

Speaking of which, does that mean Surf is going to be one of the first HMs the player gets? Or maybe we'll finally be rid of HMs and the player will get a jetski or something.
>>
>>26240993
Water/Steel jetski pokemon with surf gets given to you
>>
>>26240993
They definitely seem to be gradually toning down TM/HM restrictions so I could see them introducing a jetski or something
>>
>>26236635
Table beats chair any day of the week, fool
>>
>>26240993
When I suggested this in the reveal thread they said Boat/Ferry from the port shown.
Hawaii also apparently uses ferries between its 8 major islands
>>
>>26239016
>shitty
>railroad

Make up your mind anon
>>
File: 1445201404885.gif (10 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1445201404885.gif
10 KB, 400x400
>>26241599
>there are water routes you gotta pass to get to a new island
>BUT once you get there you beat Team Faggots and the ferry becomes operational again, meaning you never need to traverse the water route if you don't want to
>>
>>26234959
I wish the Moon legendary had been a werewolf, but other than that, lookin' good
>>
>>26234959
Overworld looks great. Characters and seeing looks down to earth and chill. Impressed.

Pokemon so far are all boring IMO. Can't believe we're getting a seal water starter. It's too close to oshawot IMO. It's pretty dam ugly too IMO. Starters overall look like genetic fakemon. Legendaries are ehhh. At least they didn't go pants on head retreated with them so theres that.

So far, 7/10
>>
Not huge on the Moon legendary, but the Sun one is okay.

I think the water stater looks daft, but I love the grass owl so much.

Otherwise, the area and such look pretty cool and I'm excited for this generation.
>>
>>26234959
Not liking the legendaries, highly indifferent about Hawaii as a region.

But I need that owl. Seal maybe, depends on what it evolves to. It gives me some Oshawott wibes which is not necessarily a bad thing. Don't like the cat.

And I'm very salty of yuuro getting it later again
>>
The red cardinal looks too top-heavy in that fan art, but looking again, the wireframe in the teaser matches up with it
>>
The starters are all terrible and don't look like Pokemon to me. Like someone new is designing pokemon now. But Litten is the best among them.The woodpecker and Magearna look good and the legendaries are ok.
>>
>>26234959
Legendaries look like shit, water starter is okay, the rest looks good
>>
Owl > Cat > Robot Waifu > Suncat > Moonbat > Seal > Woodpecker
>>
How come they just copy pasted The first stage of reuniclus onto the owl's face
>>
>>26234959
With the exception of Magearna my duck is fucking diamonds for gen 7.

This shit is awesome.

Nightmare:

Litten becomes bipedal.

More megas than new Pokemon.

A shit ton of legends again.
>>
>"NEW POKEMON GENERATION"
>silence
>here's some starters
>look, hawaii
>these are legendary pokemon - don't think about it

3/10 - It gets 3 points because it's a traditional Pokemon game but that's it. It's nothing in any way, shape or form special.

Pokemon is just the Olympics now.
Pick a shithole, dig it out and place a stadium in it.
>>
>>26242067
Every gen it looks like someone new is designing Pokemon. Probably because the team of people who design Pokemon changes from gen to gen.
>>
>>26234959
Nightmare: another fire/fighting, Rowlet being the defensive one from the trio
>>
>those legendaries
We have officially achieved Digimon-tier design.
>>
>>26234959
Meh

Moon legend kind of reminds me of a dream catcher.
>>
>>26235914
I think it's the expression, but it looks like it's from Youkai Watch.
>>
>>26234959
Starters: 7/10, love Rowlet, like Popplio, hate Litten
Legendaries: 6/10 Bat is cool, Lion would be cool but they gave it a gay ass fucking haircut
Hype: 8/10
>>
>>26242584
What the hell were you expecting?
>>
>>26234959
Designs so far have been mostly subpar. The only redeemable one is Solgaleo.
>>
>>26234959
Idc I'll buy it regardless
That said,
>Legends
Love Lunaala, Solgaleo not so much, but at least it has a little meat on it.
>Starters
Jumped on the Rowlet bandwagon immediately. The other two don't appeal to me since I hate cats and seal irl.
>Hype
9/10
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.