[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What you don't want in Sun/Moon? What changes would you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: tantantan.gif (735 KB, 445x400) Image search: [Google]
tantantan.gif
735 KB, 445x400
What you don't want in Sun/Moon? What changes would you make from the actual games to Sun/Moon?
>>
I want pokemon games to stop holding my fucking hand. All the new games have a fucking cut scene every 40 min of play to tell me how to do some bullshit.

Gen1/2 and a bit of 3 knew what the fuck... heres your fucking pokemon, heres how to catch them, GO.
>>
>>26220446
>the world revolves around me

Because every Pokemon player is a veteran, right? Come on man.
>>
>>26220446
Actually notbtrue, though to b fair at least most of it was optional dialog. Replaying RB a lot of random NPC dialog is them telling you some basic shit about the game
>>
>>26220484
yeah but it wasn't forced on you as bad as the new games
>>26220479
I was in grade 1 the first time I played pokemon blue and did just fine
>>
>>26220392
I don't want anything like [insert large number here] variations for every single Pokemon, crossbreeding to make [insert large number here] new Pokemon, or fusions between Pokemon and trainers. That's basically it.
>>
>>26220479
How about an option to skip all that shit?
>>
>>26220514
I think that's fair, but getting rid of it outright should not happen.
>>
After playing a few rom hacks. I'd like to see different starter types. I understand that the F/W/G is there to teach you the rock paper scissors of the game. But I'm sure there is other types you could do the same with. And even tho the game is still caters to kids. I fell like the kids nowadays don't need so much handholding.
>>
>>26220479
>Because every Pokemon player is a veteran, right? Come on man.
Kids like their hand held even less than adults do.
>>
Kill all Megas
>>
>>26220392
>what you don't want
Pikaclones. Regional This and That quota mon. 4+ legendaries. Tryhard animu currraazzzy storyline. More powersink. Shiny pokemon glittering animation.

>what changes would you make
An overhaul of the stats and movepools of many pokemon to balance the meta. HM can be used outside of battle for any pokemon capable of learning the HM, without needing to take a move slot. Hard mode option on start of game. Reduction of overall total exp to 100 for all pokemon to reduce grinding in a game with 720+ pokemon. Curbing the difficulty in obtaining move tutor moves. Trainer customization returns and is reflected in wifi.

The following is not for the easily triggered. Proceed at your own caution.

Pokemon ditches 2-D origin and fully commits to 3-D. No Block tiles. No more random encounters. Wild pokemon appear in the overworld. Battling shifts perspective from 3rd person behind the trainer to 3rd person behind the pokemon thrown out. X,Y, A, B correspond to your 4 moves. A gauge must fill in between using moves as compromise to the turn based origins of the series. Upon battle, a virtual ring a la Pokken is established in which each pokemon can move about. Dodge and block now become the L and R bumbers. Auto focus on enemy pokemon. Large region in the spirit of where DPPt was headed. More focus on side quests that unlock new wilderness sections containing different pokemon and expanding the world building and subtextual history and mythos of the region.
>>
>>26220479
Let's not pretend Pokémon is some kind of difficult concept to grasp, especially if you just want to beat the main plot of the game.
>>
>>26221060
That spoiler became pure shit after the 2nd sentence.
>>
>>26221060
>turn the game into a simple ARPG
disgusting desu
>>
>>26221060
Thank god you're a random faggot and not masuda.
>>
>>26221123
Interesting you say that. You're taking a "simple" turn based RPG and adding MORE variables.
>>
>>26221060
>not wanting world building Mons

You mean you want GOOD worldbuilding Mons like Azumarill, Staraptor and Bunnelby's evo
>>
>>26221144
I know right. Instead of moving the franchise forward, thank God Masuda creates remakes that lack features of the original, regularly abandons features of previous installments, casualizes and linearizes the series, and takes a broken metagame and breaks it further.
>>
>>26221161
>world building mons
Genuinely interested in what you mean by this. Do you mean god legendaries because we already have dozens of those.
>>
I want at least 100 new Pokemon
>>
File: PtKicRN.jpg (222 KB, 1276x1213) Image search: [Google]
PtKicRN.jpg
222 KB, 1276x1213
>>26220392
- No beefed-up exp. share in the beginning of the game. Especially one that AUTOMATICALLY equips itself

. Add hard mode (like B2W2), but as an option in the beginning of the game

- Customizable characters like X/Y. More clothing options for guys.

- Pokemon World Tournament (like B2W2)

- Make Alomomola an evolution to Luvdisc. The fact that it wasn't always bothered me.
>>
File: 1458839558096.jpg (194 KB, 675x658) Image search: [Google]
1458839558096.jpg
194 KB, 675x658
>>26221060
Just wait for pokemon go desu
>>
>>26221190
Worldbuilding. You know. Stuff to flesh out a region. The small birds and rodents. Bidoofs and Pachurisu
>>
>>26220392
Personally i want none of the changes posted here came true because i hate all of you people, most of the time at least.
>>
>>26221180
>generic shallow action rpg
>moving forward
>>
>>26221245
Nothing wrong with pokemon that natively inhabit a region. I don't like pikaclones and the quota mon. The native pokemon of the region should be inspired and original. We will likely have birds in every region as well as small mammals because they are abundant throughout the world and diverse. That's fine. They shouldn't be pigeonholed to being an early route mon or this or that pattern. Not all rodents should be electric types with a pikachu resemblance.
>>
>>26221158
Adding more variables has nothing to do with more or less simplicity. What you described sounds like a shitty 3d anime brawler which are even more dense and less interesting than turn based Pokemon battles.
>>
>>26221298
>generic shallow shitpost
>>
>>26221305
Well they have the generic normal type rodents as well. Those are more diverse, and are even getting more interesting types.

Marill was a Pikaclone that was pretty different.
>>
File: 1460117312200.jpg (93 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1460117312200.jpg
93 KB, 620x670
>>26221320
>generic reply complete with bad tumblr gif
Explain how making Pokemon a 4 button 3d fighter is anything but generic. It just sounds like a worse Tales Of game. I'm not even arguing that turn based battles should stay I'm telling you your idea is garbage and probably plays out better in your head than it would in reality.
>>
>>26221312
>adding variable has nothing to do with more or less simplicity
That's literally one major difference between complexity and simplicity.

You take what we have now. Which isn't as simple as people let on. It's a fairly complex combat system. It may seem simple because it has been improperly balance so that a copy pasta team formula for success has been established. The amount of variables in the combat system however would lend itself naturally well to a diversity of play styles and strategies. So you take what we currently have. Type advantages, abilities, fuck tons of moves, status effects, weather effects, held items, base stats, etc and add in the complexity of movement, dodging, blocking, timing. I don't care if you dislike a dramatic change from the turn based style of combat. I get it. It's the game you've grown to love. Why change it? However, I don't think it's fair to say the game would become less complex by taking what it already has and adding more variables to it.
>>
I want pikaclones that actually evolve, that way I might be able to entertain the idea of actually using it for something.
>>
>>26221399
Read this silly goose.
>>26221422

>tumblr gif
I was responding to your meme shitpost which lacked actual counter argument and content. Doesn't really matter where I got the gif. The memes typically originate here before they are regurgitated onto the google image search I obtain them from. Bitch nigga
>>
All I want is this.

You have six Pokémon.
Your opponent has 2 Pokémon.

You're only allowed to battle with 2 Pokémon, the obvious advantage is you have a wider selection to choose from.

Just like the anime.

Oh and less hand holding.
>>
>Evil team uses (box legendary) to try to rule the world, and then you battle them, and then get a chance to capture the legendary
If they really wish to do this, mix up the 8 gym leader challenge to something else or just scrap the Evil Team using the legendary box mon, but rather keep the box mon as a hidden Pokemon, sort of like in G/S/C. I really disliked how in HG/SS they pretty much forced you to battle and capture Ho Oh and Lugia with the kimono girls.

>>26221060
It's not like all HMs are shit, like Waterfall/Surf, keep everything as it is, but do what the Eon Flute did, and give a key item that allows you to do the action.

Maybe buff some HM moves like Cut? Make it the physical equivalent of Cut, raise its BP by 10-15, make it a steel type, and make it effective against grass types.

>Appearing in Overwold
Worst idea yet, wait for the shitpile that is Pokemon GO
>The Pokken crap
stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeGE8a_WQMc
>>
>>26221480
>but do what the Eon Flute did, and give a key item that allows you to do the action.
Then that takes the original spirit out of HMs out. They are partially there to showcase how Humans rely on their pokemon who have amazing abilities. So I agree that you should do something similar to the eon flute. Except you don't need a key item. All you need is the appropriate badge and the hm in your bag and every pokemon that can learn it, can use it automatically outside of battle. Surf and waterfall can still be taught as moves that take up a slot but that would be your choice.

>Worst idea yet, wait for the shitpile that is Pokemon GO
I don't see how. Dragon Quest has done it for a while now. So has FF and many RPGs. Pokemon GO is shit but that doesn't at all mean that every iteration of a overworld encounter concept is going to be Pokemon GO and not one of the many successfully iterations of the concept.

>The pokken crap
Well if you have battles in 3-D and movement, it would only make sense to have them sectioned off. Perhaps in the future, they can program and run games that would allow you to utilize the entire world map as a free for all but that seems to be pushing the limits of technology. Pokken is just used as an example for the battle area. These ideas have been floating around long before pokken.
>>
I just want actual story. Seriously Pokemon Black set things up so well just to ditch it half way through and never following up on a good start.
>>
File: Mega_Evolution_icon.png (23 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Evolution_icon.png
23 KB, 150x150
Mega evolution.

It likely have no purpose outside of Pokémon battles.

Only competitive players care about it.
>>
>>26221682
The Odds of No Mega being in Pokémon SUN and MOON are 0.
>>
>>26221345
Marill is not a Pikaclone. It's not electric, it doesn't have the cheeks, it has evolutions, it doesn't look like Pikachu at all.
>>
>>26220392
Wish I played that game more instead of fucking it off for gen3
>>
>>26220392
I don't want the same formula. I want something genuinely different.

Non-linear world, gyms in any order, etc.

Or no gyms at all and a different concept for regular "bosses". Like a Zelda game where you complete a "dungeon" and fight a legendary Pokemon at the end.
>>
>>26221060
They'll won't be ditching the 4-moveslots, turn-based action this gen. Maybe in the far future, when sales stagnate and they're desperate, but not now.
That said, I like the proposal, and would love a console version of this.
>No more random encounters. Wild pokemon appear in the overworld.
And to hell with anyone who thinks random encounters in the tall grass is, was, or will ever be a good mechanic. This was old and bad and fixed in the SNES days, I don't see why it still exists.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.