[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Brine >Smelling Salts >Whirlwind Why this nigga know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Spr_4d_297.png (1 KB, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
Spr_4d_297.png
1 KB, 80x80
>Brine
>Smelling Salts
>Whirlwind

Why this nigga know all these weird ass moves?
>>
It came out in hoenn
>>
>>26217450
>Sweat
>REALLY stanky sweat
>Farting
it's fat as fuck; I see nothing weird about it having these moves.
>>
>Brine
Massive sweat trapped in fat
>Whirlwind
Massive powerful flatulence cuz sumo wrestler
>>
Smellingsalts and Brine can be explained by sumos throwing salt all over the arena for spiritual reasons.

Can't tell you about whirlwind though
>>
>>26217450
>>26217538
They probly gave him all of the moves that throw enemies out of the arena because SuMo.
>>
>>26217560
Ohhh, that would explain whirlwind. For some reason I pictured him slapping his hands together to make a whirlwind but that makes more sense, that he just has it because it throws Pokemon out of the battle.
>>
>>26217605
Yeah it's hard to visualize him actually making a whirlwind. I just found out that circle throw didn't exist until 5th gen so it's understandable. Circle throw seems like the most sumo move there is
>>
>>26217560
Pretty cool thinking about hariyama just giving the cesaro swing to people and throwing them into oblivion
>>
>>26217692
Its a judo move.
>>
>>26217729
I know rite?

>>26217748
Would explain why it came along with Throh. They should make a different throw-out move for Sumos. I think pokemon are most interesting when their movesets actually reflect their design and inspiration
>>
>>26217912
So what you're saying is that every pokemon needs a signature move?
>>
Whirlwind is weird?
>>
>>26217932
Not him but that would be great for lesser used mons
>>
>>26217560
>SuMo
>Sun Moon
Mega Hariyama confirmed
>>
>>26217932
Well, more pokemon would certainly benefit in terms of competitive worth and overall design.
Also more interesting abilities.
People really underestimate how movepool/set really communicates a pokemon's design.
Bolt/Beam/Flamethrower/moonstuff on clefable really communicates how magical it is. It remind me of the traditional RPG mage with elemental magic.
Garchomp with outrage/quake/SD/fireblast shows how destructive and aggressive it is. Its moves all focus on building its attack and unleashing powerful, and somewhat reckless moves. Outrage can leave you confused, fireblast misses and earthquake will only hit grounded opponents.
>>
>>26218093
As an example, you could take a common moveset and try to describe the pokemon based on the moves without actually knowing which pokemon it is.
Does outrage fit altaria's overall design? Maybe not. Does hitmonchan's movepool accurately show how reliant he is on his fists? Does he kind of feel like a boxer?
>>
>>26217450

Sumo wrestlers throw salt in the ring.
Sweat contains salt.
He thrusts his hands so hard he creates a whirlwind to push you out of the ring.
>>
>>26217450
>Brine
>Smelling Salts
Salt

>Whirlwind
Have you seen its fucking hands?
>>
>>26217932
not really, but just narrower movepools for the sake of identity is something I sort of miss

in gen 1, movepools were shallow enough that a lot of pokemon didn't have a ton of options, so their distribution mattered a lot more

most pokemon have those thematic movepools as a whole now, but your learnset is way less important now than it was then
>>
>>26217450
i forgot this thing existed
>>
>>26217538
For once, move choice was justified.
>>
>>26218250
I feel like what you mean to get across is mind of muddled. The level up movesets matter more now than in, say, RB, in the sense that a good portion of your bread and butter is coming from them since back then Pokemon learned almost nothing but filler and themed moves. It was more important in the sense that, for example, what the Pokemon leveled up with was what you had to make due with due to TMs and breeding not being practical midstory, if that was what you meant.
>>
Smelling salts are inhalants that wrestlers and weightlifters use before exerting a huge effort
>>
>Brine
A portal opens in front of him, and seawater comes out of it.

>Smellingsalts
A portal opens in front of him and smelling salts come out.

>Whirlwind
A portal opens in front of him and a really strong breeze comes out of it.
>>
>>26217538
>>26218161
>>26218241
>>26218398

You dumdums forgot to check if the Japanese name of Smelling Salt even mentions the stuff, or even salt in general. It doesn't.
>>
Whirlwind in Japanese is Blow Away.
Smellingsalts in Japanese is Resuscitation.
>>
>>26218250
>>26218371
While I'm definitely glad TMs are better and there are more move tutors, I agree that making movepools bigger has a cost of watering down the theme of pokemon.

>>26218120
Defiant
Knock Off
Swords Dance
Iron Head
Sucker Punch
What does this pokemon seem like?
>>
>>26218776
Like a Bisharp
>>
>>26217480

Fuck, I never thought about Hariyama being sexy until now.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.